Contribute to Smogon's Facebook giveaways :: Apply within

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
approved by Nexus

We've now got a team working hard on all this, breeding the mons that we'll be giving away and distributing to our followers on Facebook, but there's one thing we can't breed; LEGENDS! That's where we need your help, if you have a good legendary or two and would be happy to see it go out to 320 strangers around the world then dump it here and we'll see if we can use it!

Some guidelines:
  • Legendary Pokemon should definitely have their standard nature (refer to the analyses onsite). People don't care much for niche movesets and/or natures and much prefer something they can jump right into the respective Pokemon's metagame with.
  • Ideally the Legendary should have 5 relevant perfect IVs (the 6th being in the hindered/unused stat), however since these are going out for free we can be a little lenient about this. We'll probably settle for HP/Def/SpD being a few points off perfect, the only things that should absolutely be perfect are speed and the respective offensive stat. An example of this is Most's Landorus that we recently gave away. Mixed natures should have at least 30 in the attacking stats.
  • Cool Pokeballs really help your case. We'll probably only accept reallt good mixed sets in Masterballs.
  • You need to have some form of credibility on the forums. We cannot giveaway potentially hacked Pokemon by any means, and therefore we cannot trust you if you are very new around here. This also means that we cannot accept Pokemon from people who are, or have been on the Wi-Fi Blacklist.
And that's it! Don't you all jump at once to donate your stuff... If you donate a lot of stuff we may be able to find some kind of reward for you, but it won't come easily.

Hello there all you Wi-Fi regulars!

The Smogon Facebook team is looking to restart the recurring weekend giveaways that were so popular a few months ago, and we need people to help clone and distribute the Pokemon over the GTS. All we need you to be able to do is receive the giveaway Pokemon, clone ~60 copies, and sit on the GTS for at least an hour (or however long it takes you to offload all the copies), pretty simple, right?

Requirements:
  • Trustworthiness (this will be decided at our discretion, if you are - or ever have been - on the Wi-Fi blacklist then don't even bother).
  • Powersaves (to clone).
  • Be available on Sunday mornings [EST] for the duration of the giveaway (the actual giveaway time hasn't been decided yet but it should be about then, times may change week-to-week).
  • Familiarity with Skype and/or IRC (to coordinate the whole thing when it's live).
Ideally we'd like to find 1-2 people who can commit to the project, but we'll probably take several since we understand that irl can happen so it's good to have people to fall back on. If helping out of the goodness of your heart isn't enough incentive, those who help out regularly (and for a long time) will be eligible for the Community Contributor Social Media Contributor Badge (
)!

We do not need any Pokemon bred to order currently, however we will advertise here in case we do! Donations of shiny or legendary Pokemon would be greatly appreciated.

Post here if you're interested!

Cheers n_n

update 17/4: we need extra distributors again, apply within

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely interested!
I use IRC more or less frequently ( haven't been on skype for years). I need to double check if my powersaves still works and if the timezone is doable for me (I am gmt+1).
But other than that this is super tempting for me.

Be available on Sunday mornings [EST]
Before I commit to this... How early in the morning? EST is 1 hour ahead of my timezone so waking up at 5-7 am is not doable for me on Sundays

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before I commit to this... How early in the morning? EST is 1 hour ahead of my timezone so waking up at 5-7 am is not doable for me on Sundays
Like I said we're not 100% sure yet. It'll come down to what the best time is for the majority involved, probably between 9-11am or so (possibly 8 though).

This is after all an expression of interest thread. We will probably include all interested distributors and then pick which ones are available each week.

Like I said we're not 100% sure yet. It'll come down to what the best time is for the majority involved, probably between 9-11am or so (possibly 8 though).

This is after all an expression of interest thread. We will probably include all interested distributors and then pick which ones are available each week.
Ok 9-11am sounds reasonable so count me in.

Sure count me in, finally something that also fits perfectly for europeans time-wise. Skype and irc are both good options for me.

Edit: In case you didn't know I'm GMT+2

Hello!

I'd love to contribute this! Although I am familiar with IRC, I don't go there often. However, I'll happily make myself a reminder to go on IRC at the designated time.

And since I'm EST+A Houndoom (get it, Early Bird?), as well as the time, it'll be perfect for me.

Also, I'll try to donate some BR mons ^.^

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I can help with this. My time zone is EST, and my Sundays are almost always free as well (and I'll usually know in advance if I'll end up busy on certain Sundays).

I'm not really familiar with Skype, but if my computer is on and I'm not working, I always have IRC pulled up, so you can easily catch me there.

Hey I messaged two mods ages ago about contributing to Facebook. Not to surprised this came back up. I can't clone but I can donate stuff and I also would be willing to sit on gts for an hour because I host giveaways regularly. I also know how to use Skype let me know if I can help.

Edit: I can use irc also

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Hey I messaged two mods ages ago about contributing to Facebook. Not to surprised this came back up. I can't clone but I can donate stuff and I also would be willing to sit on gts for an hour because I host giveaways regularly. I also know how to use Skype let me know if I can help.

Edit: I can use irc also
Thanks for the interest Chesty, and good to hear that you've been trying to find out how to contribute. Unfortunately, Powersaves / ability to clone is imperative to being a distributor since we aren't going to send you the ~60 copies of the Pokemon just for you to send out, that's time that can be better spent by all of us! Like I said in the OP, the distributors will be sent only the original Pokemon which they will need to clone themselves..

As for donations, we currently have a butt-tonne of BR mons ready to go which will take some time to work through. If for some reason we need something that isn't on our current list we will definitely advertise here! (there are definitely some legendaries which we lack, so when we need them we'll see if anyone wants to give them up).

If powersaves aren't required (yes i can clone), count me in. Although EST mornings are middays for me so IRL can get in the way from time to time. I also don't have access to IRC yet (and when i do, not often).

My timezone's GMT+2 by the way

Thanks for the interest Chesty, and good to hear that you've been trying to find out how to contribute. Unfortunately, Powersaves / ability to clone is imperative to being a distributor since we aren't going to send you the ~60 copies of the Pokemon just for you to send out, that's time that can be better spent by all of us! Like I said in the OP, the distributors will be sent only the original Pokemon which they will need to clone themselves..

As for donations, we currently have a butt-tonne of BR mons ready to go which will take some time to work through. If for some reason we need something that isn't on our current list we will definitely advertise here! (there are definitely some legendaries which we lack, so when we need them we'll see if anyone wants to give them up).
Well I'm not surprised to hear this your the third person to say this after all:). I was pretty persistent for a reason though so if you need something you can always pm or VM me. Glad you considered though. Until then let me know if something comes up. Thanks

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can help, but I have a life. Don't expect ridiculous availability of like 14 hours uninterrupted and I've already helped with this sort of thing before for VGC thing. (Except if this is referring to you cant say as a future person, then we're always awake at the same time). Just don't give me another badge if I do.

Edits somewhere for something.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
If powersaves aren't required (yes i can clone), count me in. Although EST mornings are middays for me so IRL can get in the way from time to time. I also don't have access to IRC yet (and when i do, not often).

My timezone's GMT+2 by the way
Yeah Powersaves aren't necessary, any cloning method would be fine (I'm assuming you use QR exploits? excuse my naivety lol).

What do you mean you don't have access to IRC though? You can just use the mibbit webclient on your browser (choose SynIRC from the drop-down, enter the nick you want and specify the channel you want), it's really easy and the only way I use IRC myself. No need for downloading anything...

I can help, but I have a life. Don't expect ridiculous availability of like 14 hours uninterrupted and I've already helped with this sort of thing before for VGC thing. (Except if this is referring to you cant say as a future person, then we're always awake at the same time). Just don't give me another badge if I do.

Edits somewhere for something.
lol nah there will be no crazy availability requirements like that, just simply jumping on the GTS when the giveaway starts and staying on until all your clones have been distributed (at least an hour).

I'm not sure if I'll be the one coordinating it all as it'll likely be during the early hours of Monday morning for me. Like I said, the actual time isn't set in stone and can likely change from week-to-week which is why we'd like to have as many potential distributors as possible so we can use who's available depending on when we do it

edit re badges: you'll get what you're given lol

Yeah Powersaves aren't necessary, any cloning method would be fine (I'm assuming you use QR exploits? excuse my naivety lol).

What do you mean you don't have access to IRC though? You can just use the mibbit webclient on your browser (choose SynIRC from the drop-down, enter the nick you want and specify the channel you want), it's really easy and the only way I use IRC myself. No need for downloading anything...
Bank save restoration method. The only thing that is different from doing it with powersaves is that without powersaves, you'll need a game copy on your SD card.

Well, it used to give some kind of error, saying that i needed adobe flash in order to use it (i kinda always check smogon on mobile). Now it doesn't give me that error and i don't get why

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
lol nah there will be no crazy availability requirements like that, just simply jumping on the GTS when the giveaway starts and staying on until all your clones have been distributed (at least an hour).

I'm not sure if I'll be the one coordinating it all as it'll likely be during the early hours of Monday morning for me. Like I said, the actual time isn't set in stone and can likely change from week-to-week which is why we'd like to have as many potential distributors as possible so we can use who's available depending on when we do it

edit re badges: you'll get what you're given lol
It was a joke and that's fine. Thanks for the information and for your edit, no.

I'm interested! I live in CST, so I'd be an hour behind. My availability is dependent on my semester's schedule, but Sunday mornings are usually pretty clear for me.

EDIT: I use IRC, and have Skype, but prefer IRC.

OK idk why I've never been able to use IRC on mobile before but this process worked and I can be on whenever now. Thanks!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
OK idk why I've never been able to use IRC on mobile before but this process worked and I can be on whenever now. Thanks!
Oh if you're on mobile, I recommend downloading IRCcloud for iOS (there's also an Android one), it's way better than trying to use mibbit on Safari / Chrome.

Exited to see so many people are interested! We should be contacting you all soon regarding the actual giveaways.

I'm interested in helping. I use mIRC (not as of late due to being sick and a little busy but not busy on weekends as much) and skype as well. Either one of those are fine for me.

edit: I'm EST -5 so morning giveaways are fine :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)