SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necrozma has a base 79 speed and could keep that in Dawn Mane/Dusk Wing forme... might be a bit more balanced that way? Also I wonder how often you can use the Roto-Loto... if it's a day then it probably won't be as fun since you will likely spend a few days trying to get the O-Power you need rather than have it available.

In before Scary Face Kyurem. Or in this case, Necrozma's Prismatic Laser turns into Photon Geiser (please for the love of Lucoa's dogeballs, no)
Interesting (but apt) phrase.

In before Scary Face Kyurem. Or in this case, Necrozma's Prismatic Laser turns into Photon Geiser (please for the love of Lucoa's dogeballs, no)
Given that Photon Geyser can be used by any necrozma form, I would assume that Prismatic Laser will transform into Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam.

Necrozma has a base 79 speed and could keep that in Dawn Mane/Dusk Wing forme... might be a bit more balanced that way?
That would probably be underpowered tbh. Hoopa-U is bad for its BST in no small part because of its low speed, and neither Kyurem fusion is hugely relevant in ubers either.

Lunala actually sux in Ubers rn, marsh single-handedly invalidates it.
Marshadow invalidates a ton of stuff so that doesn't count as a very valid point anyway.

They say it is enhanced to "much greater than Sol/Lu in Physical/Special attack", but how much exactly? Following exactly what they said in Coco "they recieve a great boost in Phy/Spe attack, keeping all the stats similar or outright identical to Necrozma, and add all 100 points to the attack like giving them a whooping 230 sth attack value? Maybe that wouldn't make Necrozma in either form super broken because it isn't the toughest pokemon around to take a huge amount of punishment before falling and launch a move, but still.
It's hard to determine the actual meaning of "greater", but I'd say something like it will shift its 127 Spatk to atk (for solgaleo form) and raise it to something like 179 or even 181 such that it rivals the weather trio's ultra broken form, and probably seperate the remaining 40 something to their physical/special defense and some to speed (maybe half but that's trollfreak we're talking, I mean Zygarde...).

And it seems that Prismatic Laser is a separate move from Photon Geyser, so at best because of updated systems they MIGHT not follow Kyruem's settings and may actually add it as a separate data and allow all forms to keep their moves, and only forget them because they return to separate forms, instead of subbing an otherwise irrelavent move for the legendaries' sig moves.

Not really feeling the animations of the 2 new Z-moves ... The static and floating mid-air Gigalith and Mimikyu take away all the epicness ... Although they feel quite short so that's good. Cant take another long ass one like Z-lycanroc or kommo-o

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So just some quick thoughts from me:

Typing & Ability: No surprise it keeps its typing, it's essentially Solgaleo and Lunala now. Prism Armor is a nice defensive Ability, being a Steel-type Solgaleo would certainly appreciate it (especially to deal with its Psychic-type weaknesses) though Lunala would probably had prefer to kept Shadow Shield though this might help keep it from getting OHKO from its quad weaknesses.

Photon Geyser: As everyone said, nice they finally made a move that goes off a Pokemon's highest offense stat. With all the Legendary pairs (or trios) who share a type and have one member Physical focused and the other Special focused it's kind of surprising they just now decided to give them a shared Signature Move that does that.
Anyway, guessing it'll either be instantly learned by Necrozma when it fuses or be a level-up move (when we battle Necrozma it'll probably already come with it).

Solgaleo & Lunala Signature Z-Moves: Hmm, wonder what their Z-Crystals would be called. Solgalium Z and Lunalium Z? Yet Necrozma can use it, and the Z-Crystals use the Sun & Moon symbols instead of directly relating to Solgaleo & Lunala. So maybe it'll be something a bit more generic like Sunium Z (or maybe Sunnium Z since Solgaleo is the Sunne Pokemon) and Moonium Z?
Anyway they give off a nice spectacle. Don't know why they suck the opponent into Ultra Space but there's no kill like overkill I suppose. Though I did have a laugh when Necrozma Dusk Mane (and I'm also going to guess Solgaleo?) rolled up into a ball to do its attack; does that mean they can now learn Rollout? Also I like how they show Solgaleo jumping onto a floating crystal after the attack so it looks upon the destruction, wished for Lunala's it cut to a view of it watching the light show. Though once again, I think Lunala's get the better name. Also, like the moves they'd need to activate them, they have Mold Breaker as an additional effect which is always nice (though does mean, if put against each other, Dawn Wing Necrozma has the advantage over Dusk Mane (and normal) since its Signature Move is super effective against it and can't block the damage with Prism Armor).

Rotom Dex & Roto Loto: I like the idea of getting to actually befriend Rotom Dex, considering he'll be staring at us through the entire game once we get it. Be less creepy. Curious how it'll "change" depending on your decisions, and are these changes permanent or can doing actions in the post game change them (like can we have conversations with Rotom Dex or are these just sudden choices). But hey, any character development is appreciated after all it did in the original Sun & Moon was sit back and made snarky comments while telling you the same information you were just told. I also hope this means in the post game it'll have a lot more things to say, like every time you boot up the game it's either telling me to fill up the dex (which I already did) or wondering how Lillie or Hau. Like, have it comment you about your Battle Tree or Battle Royal record. Maybe have it give us objectives to complete to help it do research it's doing like catch/battle a certain amount of Pokemon, use a certain item, etc..
So O-Powers are back in the form of Roto Loto "items". We get a screen of a few of them and they're pretty standard: Roto Hatch (hatch eggs faster), Roto Bargain (50% discount in Poke Marts), Roto Prize Money (raise prize money after trainer battle), Roto Exp. Point (Pokemon get more experience after battle), Roto Friendship (raise a Pokemon's Friendship faster), Roto Encounter (increase encounter rate), & Roto Stealth (decrease encounter rate). But then we see a new one: Roto HP Restore. Don't recall a O-Power relating to that so mystery what it does. Does it completely restore the HP of one or all your Pokemon? Does it increase the healing effect of potions? While walking does our Pokemon passively heal themselves?
Also, I noticed you had the choice of giving the item to a Pokemon. Assuming this is just not a default function of the menu and it does nothing, what would giving the Pokemon the item do? Is it meant to be sort of a gift thing, you give a Pokemon a Roto item and then trade with another player? Or, since they look to have not implemented the O-Power's ability to give it to another player (or at least what we're seeing, for all we know we can use them in Festival Plaza on a guest but that's still rather limited compared to the PSS), would giving it to a Pokemon means only that Pokemon will get a boosted/longer lasting version of the item so to take advantage of it we'd need to have that Pokemon in the front of our party (and some items like the Prize Money and Experience would require it to battle or only affect it). Also, since these are items I'm guessing they're one time use? Convenient they hide the top screen which would show you how many you would have, though this would explain why you get them via a slot roll. Wonder how you get a slot roll to happen, maybe Rotom Dex now too gets experience from battles but instead of leveling up it does a Roto Loto each "level up"?
And indeed, it just looks like Rotom Dex can let you use Z-Powers again. I was wondering if there was a limit, like you can only re-use the Z-Move you used, but it doesn't look like that's the case. It's a free Z-Move recharge in the middle of battle. (Enter your complaints about making an already easy game even easier here). I actually don't use Z-Moves that much anyway, I'm honestly more interested in the Roto Loto.

I’m kind of annoyed that Necrozma isn’t at least part Dark type since it looks the way it does & seems to genuinely act malevolently.

It’s new forms look alright & the Rotom thing is nice, but news like this kind of just tempers my enthusiasm for the new game. I’m still optimistic they’ll be good but I want something concrete like move Pool changes rather than what is probably going to be basically rooms where the ultra beasts will be.

It’s new forms look alright & the Rotom thing is nice, but news like this kind of just tempers my enthusiasm for the new game. I’m still optimistic they’ll be good but I want something concrete like move Pool changes rather than what is probably going to be basically rooms where the ultra beasts will be.
They've never made announcements about such things. You'll have to wait until the datamine to know.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I’m kind of annoyed that Necrozma isn’t at least part Dark type since it looks the way it does & seems to genuinely act malevolently.

Well we just got a big announcement, this is a little one to keep our attention and tell us about some minor stuff that wouldn't have quite fit in with the big news. Consider it whipped cream on top of a bowl of ice cream, we would have been just fine with the ice cream but the whipped cream is a nice bonus that adds onto what we have. Also, this was news in CoroCoro and they've been trying their best to have news announced there to be told internationally after the issue has been released (give CoroCoro subscribers the first sneak peak and than actually tell everyone else via Youtube videos and the main website).

That all said, would have liked to see this done a few months ego. Heck, if they did this months ago they could have a bigger gap between these updates instead of now pushing them out in clumps weeks before the game is due out.

They've never made announcements about such things. You'll have to wait until the datamine to know.
Well, “They've never” has never meant less than it has in the past few Pokémon releases. I meant like an announcement of move tutors or something, but I think if this gen has shown us anything it’s show that Gamefreak can be unpredictable.

Pikachu315111 I guess that’s it. This reveal feels like something that should have been released earlier. I don’t think Gamefreak’s way of marketing the game is good, but they won’t know that because any Pokémon game is going to be profitable no matter how poorly advertised it is.

Hold up just a minute. We'll be able to hatch eggs even faster??!! I legitimately thought they had made Tauros rack up steps very quickly because O-Powers wouldn't be a thing anymore so color me surprised. We'll be hatching eggs in less than a minute now bois. #thedream

On the subject of datamining: I may have missed it, but has a demo been announced for these games yet? ORAS and SM both had mid-November release dates, and their demos were released about four to five weeks before release in mid-October. The SM Demo was announced in early October, and ORAS in mid-late September.

USUM will be released five weeks from tomorrow, and I haven't seen any hints that there will be a demo. Granted, we're at the time of month where announcements tend to be made, but if this news cycle ends without a demo announcement, I don't see them putting one out; even if they do announce one, this is still getting kind of late compared to past demos. If there is no demo, then could this mean that they've learned from the mistake that they've made with the last two attempts?

On the subject of datamining: I may have missed it, but has a demo been announced for these games yet? ORAS and SM both had mid-November release dates, and their demos were released about four to five weeks before release in mid-October. The SM Demo was announced in early October, and ORAS in mid-late September.

USUM will be released five weeks from tomorrow, and I haven't seen any hints that there will be a demo. Granted, we're at the time of month where announcements tend to be made, but if this news cycle ends without a demo announcement, I don't see them putting one out; even if they do announce one, this is still getting kind of late compared to past demos. If there is no demo, then could this mean that they've learned from the mistake that they've made with the last two attempts?
Given that demos were only planned for games taking place in "new" regions (I say it like that because of the split universe thing in Hoenn), It makes sense that they wouldn't have a demo for an expanded edition of existing games. Nobody's really being introduced to anything particularly fresh with USUM, unless GF felt the need to make a guided short story out of the new gameplay elements.

Other news:

The Z-power commercial leaked the Mimikyu Z-Crystal.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

In addition to what Yveltal said, we have a demo for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. It's called Sun & Moon! ;P

Given that demos were only planned for games taking place in "new" regions (I say it like that because of the split universe thing in Hoenn), It makes sense that they wouldn't have a demo for an expanded edition of existing games. Nobody's really being introduced to anything particularly fresh with USUM, unless GF felt the need to make a short story out of the new gameplay elements.

Other news:

The Z-power commercial leaked the Mimikyu Z-Crystal.
Alright, so Mimikyu is checked, wonder who else got a new Z crystal? Lycanrok is this gen's Zoroak/Lucario so it was expected, Kommo-o is the Pseudo, the cover Legends should've gotten there Z-moves from the very beginning, who's left?

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, so Mimikyu is checked, wonder who else got a new Z crystal? Lycanrok is this gen's Zoroak/Lucario so it was expected, Kommo-o is the Pseudo, the cover Legends should've gotten there Z-moves from the very beginning, who's left?
Togedemaru had a cutscene in the first USUM trailer, and since the other Pokemons' cutscenes (Lycanroc, probably Mimikyu) were confirmed to be Z-Moves, it's probably getting one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)