Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Can someone point me to where i can find information on GEN5 RNG abuse for eggs? I have tried a search and then digging through forum title names and can't seem to find it.

I'm unable to change my profile avatar, I feel it has something to do with

Smogon Forums - Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Is this due to my name change which was done.... roughly a month ago?

I'm unable to change my profile avatar, I feel it has something to do with

Smogon Forums - Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Is this due to my name change which was done.... roughly a month ago?
Yeah you get profile-locked for a month after having a name change so to prevent badgeholders from changing their custom titles. If you want a new avatar you can pm a supermod+ to change or if it's been a month remove the lock completely.

e: sniped

Would it be possible to consider making a special RBY tier just without the game breaking glitches like the PP reroll glitch or the permanent invulnerability glitch? The Sleep Clause proves game mods are not bad when scarcely used, and RBY seems like the ultimate example of a tier that would benefit of some corrections. I mean, we already added the Desyinch Clause Mod to correct the most extreme of those glitches, but why stop there? I bet some pokemon like Dragonite (on tradeback-allowing tournaments) would enjoy at least having the possibility of having a Flying STAB move to use, it would cover Gengar nicely and provide almost the same power of Hyper Beam with much more PP and reliability, without removing the stantard Dragonite counterplay of getting thorougly screwed if you catch him with Rhydon at the wrong time.

Speaking of wich, why got the RBY OU (Tradeback) removed? There were interesting things that stantard RBY didn't allow. For example, Gengar with Ice Punch to murder the aftermentioned Dragonite as well as Weepinbell and other Wrappers with ease.

Last edited:
Hi, can I just ask what the appropriate forum/subforum would be (if any) for non-art design concepts for Fakemons? So just written entries, descriptive stuff. Just about every forum I've shopped around only has fanart subforums for these sorts of things.

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
Hey, can someone tell me how to change my profile picture? I've looked everywhere (I think) on my profile page but I can't seem to find it.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Don't see avatar when I click it.
That's because you recently got a name change. When you get a name change, you get a "formerly [old name]" custom title and your profile is locked until 1 month has passed. Just wait and post in the name and profile requests thread asking for it to be unlocked

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
That's because you recently got a name change. When you get a name change, you get a "formerly [old name]" custom title and your profile is locked until 1 month has passed. Just wait and post in the name and profile requests thread asking for it to be unlocked
Thanks Leo, it's been over a month now so I will try to get it removed.

Another thing I wondered is custom titles, they are supposed to be for badge users only BUT some people have tournament banned and I COULD BE BANNED titles. Are they exactly what they say or just important or recognized non badge users?

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Another thing I wondered is custom titles, they are supposed to be for badge users only BUT some people have tournament banned and I COULD BE BANNED titles. Are they exactly what they say or just important or recognized non badge users?
"I could be banned" is a custom title given to users with 3 infraction points, 1 point away from a ban. Tournament banned and WiFi blacklisted custom titles are given to users banned from participating in tournaments and blacklisted from wifi respectively

Ok I am just gonna play 21 questions today, (I swear I actually looked for a thread about this before asking) but is there a thread to give ideas of things to be implemented in the formums?

Leo

after hours
MPL Champion
Ok I am just gonna play 21 questions today, (I swear I actually looked for a thread about this before asking) but is there a thread to give ideas of things to be implemented in the formums?
This is the simple questions and suggestions thread

This is the simple questions and suggestions thread
Lol and suggestions! I always miss the out in the open things. Hahahaha EPIC FAIL

What if on people's birthday it gave them a temporary title that could be something like "happy birthday" or "it is my birthday" and it would let people see it is their birthday without them saying, "it's my birthday I want attention"

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lol and suggestions! I always miss the out in the open things. Hahahaha EPIC FAIL

What if on people's birthday it gave them a temporary title that could be something like "happy birthday" or "it is my birthday" and it would let people see it is their birthday without them saying, "it's my birthday I want attention"
An Administrator would have to go and change everyone's custom title at the beginning of the day and then remove it at the end of the day. That's just too much work to be done every single day, for little payoff. Even the profile change requests don't move that quickly.

Back on the old forum before July 2013, we used to have a list of birthday users at the bottom of the forum but it's gone now. You can still check it here but it only shows up to 20 users at a time.

In general, requests for forum features are going to be pretty rough unless they're super important. It's no one's fault but development on the site moves pretty slowly. We're still in redesign after 4 years after all.

If you ask me though, people should just be unashamed of announcing their birthdays.

An Administrator would have to go and change everyone's custom title at the beginning of the day and then remove it at the end of the day. That's just too much work to be done every single day, for little payoff. Even the profile change requests don't move that quickly.

Back on the old forum before July 2013, we used to have a list of birthday users at the bottom of the forum but it's gone now. You can still check it here but it only shows up to 20 users at a time.

In general, requests for forum features are going to be pretty rough unless they're super important. It's no one's fault but development on the site moves pretty slowly. We're still in redesign after 4 years after all.

If you ask me though, people should just be unashamed of announcing their birthdays.
Oh ok... My thought would be to make something that would auto do it for you but I guess that can't happen......I understand just a thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)