What do you do on sick days?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was ill today, hence why I'm interested. I normally just find myself slobbing around. I stay in bed until some time between 11 and 2, and then I go downstairs, eat something easy-but-nutritious, and then collapse in front of the telly—a box set or movie usually (e.g. today I watched 7 episodes of Cowboy Bebop and 2 epsiodes of Death in Paradise). While people say you should sleep when you're ill, I honestly can't spend all day in bed; it just makes me feel even more sick. Even the mere act of going downstairs to make beans on toast and then collapse in front of the TV (and maybe even fall asleep there if it's particularly bad, although I don't usually do this) helps me feel just that little bit less shit than I would otherwise.

dom

Banned deucer.
i was sick on thursday and friday. i took like 3 naps and did like nothing on thursday, and on friday i played watched a ton of adventure time, napped and played showdown for a bit because there were like 3 suspect tests.

Considering I have my computer, my 3DS and my Switch literally next to my bed, sick days are no different from my free time.

But to be fair, I barely have any sick days a year. I'd be surprised if I get ill more than once, and I don't exactly have a healthy lifestyle...

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ah. Last month I caught a terrible cold that was worsened by sinusitis + cough + headaches + one day of fever and I couldn’t catch a break. I still worked and went to Uni as every day of my life. But as many people said here I just love staying in bed, watching a movie maybe. Sometimes one member of my family is nice enough to make me food and that’s such a heart warming feeling. Then just chill and use the laptop I guess. Music. Sometimes I use the Rain, Rain app to relax.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Read, I'm a book addict as is, so any excuse to feed the addiction is welcome.

Also, watching inclement weather.

I can't really take sick days anymore because of how my job works unless it's something extreme, but I usually go back to things that meant alot to me as a kid-I'll replay Paper Mario, I'll reread Warrior Cats, I'll go on a Pixar binge. If I'm out for a long time, I'll usually try to binge a series that's been on my list for a while.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
When I was really young I played sick to play Final Fantasy 8 and absolutely regretted it that game is garbage.

In more recent years (now that I have Crohn's) I kind of sometimes use my Crohn's to stay home and farm in Diablo.

Namion

formerly Scrubchoo
I took a sick day off work today, however nothing was wrong with me I needed a break. i ordered an entire box of pizza I didn't finish, then went to the park. Came back home and relaxed/played Video games for the rest of the day.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On sick days I try to sleep. It's the best medicine, truly, though if that isn't an option then I like to set the mood a little with some books and a nice record. Television is pretty boring to me, though maybe that's just years of growing up on Wheel of Fortune, the Price is Right, or the Maury show. Tons of water + music + sleep is my typical sick day though, I only ever don't do my daily routine if I'm throwing up / about to die levels of sick. A slight cold isn't any more of a significant reason to skip class than rainy days are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)