Metagame Inheritance

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm not gonna blow every set load yet, there's some stuff I wanna save.

But can we cut the bullshit and share the damn bed stop pretending Shell Smash won't always be broken and should just be banned at the outset of any new OM?

Landorus-Therian @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Mega Gyarados was banned for it, and I'm working on Landorus-T and Haxorus (Barbaracle).

EDIT: And, ofc, Torkoal to just about any Fire-type.

Also Tapu Lele!Alakazam is fucking amazing and I don't know why it's not S rank in the VR (do we have a VR?)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-683268812
Holy mother of Mime, Houndoom looks terrifying...

Why is shell smash still legal again? I feel like this entire meta and all the discussion of has been about mons broken by shell smash or the ways to check them. I've never understood why this was the only meta that gave new moves that allowed it (besides bh but bh is special)
As I said months ago I also don't understand why Shell Smash is legal. Given the variety of pokemon that learn it, it can be on almost any pokemon with a high attacking stat and salvageable speed and suddenly make that pokemon a set-up threat that wasn't apparent from team preview. I just took a look at the shell smashers movepools and while they are not individually that impressive in total they have a huge variety of moves and sets.

Carracosta (Keldeo) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Minior (Tapu Lele) @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Carracosta (Metagross) @ White Herb
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Barbaracle (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Tough Claws
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Cross Chop
- Frustration
- Taunt

Turtonator (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Shell Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

(Turtonator) Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Turtonator / Barbaracle (Garchomp) @ Garchompite / Life Orb / White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor / Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Head / Fire Blast / Poison Jab

None of those sets had particular effort go into them (some might even be bad- Lop is better off Espeeding probably and that Aero is gonna kill itself in two hits) but all that they took was finding the shell smasher with a STAB move for the mon in question in their movepool.

Um.... where was I. O yeh. Shell Smash is really hard to check outside of having an Unaware mon on your team or running a Murkrow inheritor, which is much more restrictive than in a meta like BH because you're stuck with 3 movepools (plus Murkrow) (Swoobat is a great unaware donor btw, imo the best, don't forget it exists and gets it) only one of which has pivoting. Priority isn't reliable against all smashers because you can run sets like the Metagross one which tank all common priority for days. Or you could run this set

Minior (Mew) @ Mewnium z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earthquake

and get 1) a great wallbreaking move 2) the ability to boost the power of your stab for 5 turns and 3) the ability to prevent opposing priority.

Barbaracle is the most heinous offender in my opinion, donating a great ability in addition to Shell Smash and an acceptable movepool, but imo the move is pretty obviously what's at fault.

Overall Shell Smashers just provide too much immediate pressure and have too few checks on offense and especially balance while having a large variety of moves to work with.

Innards Out also needs a ban for being cheap af. There are some other things that seem likely discussion points for bans (Slurpuff for instance) but I think those can wait a bit longer.

EDIT: Oh and imo it's a bit early for viability rankings. But AlolaMuk for A+!

Sorry for double posting, but i found a pretty interesting set:

Vileplume (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain / Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground
Basically regular Venusaur-Mega but with the new adition of Strength Sap, a much better recovery move than Synthesis which lets it to annoy physical attackers even more. It really misses Earthquake, but i guess Hp Ground should be a decent replace of it.
PD: Damn, somebody else did this set before.
PD2: When are the VR coming out?

Last edited:
This is a muk set that goes well on bulky offense/balanced teams:

Mienshao (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Mienshao gets both of Muk's STABs, u-turn and regenerator. This set mostly spams knock off and u-turn. The fourth moveslot can also be filled with high jump kick or stone edge. If you run this set, it's a good idea to also run a bulky flying, water or grass type to help with muk's weakness to ground.

Garchomp (inhereted from gyarados)@ Garchompite
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Outrage

After discussion in the room, I would like to ask for a ban of innards out.
It hasn't made any impact on the meta that I know of, but I feel like this is an extremely safe ban:

- It cannot ever improve the meta in any way: it is either not played or extremely un-fun (I don't think anyone will argue that innards out chansey is something they like to play against). I dont see any reasons to say it could be competitive in inheritance while it wasn't in AAA and BH.

- It definitely has potential: it has tons of reason of being better than in AAA, as setup, pivot moves... are all more common and are common ways to abuse innards out. That means that it is not a "meaningless" ban. Even if it is meaningless (just like banning shadow tag on wynaut in OU), innards out needs to go because it is simply uncompetitive.

I think innards out should be banned even if it is not played yet. It may one day find the perfect storm where for two weeks the meta will be warped around it, making for a really awful experience during that time. To avoid that, I see no reason to keep innards out in inh.

Ok. Two things I believe need to be addressed.

1. Innards Out - Seriously, there are reasons why this thing is banned in EVERY OM with an ability change. It's a guaranteed take-out-one mon. It's just uncompetitive, like Shadow Tag did. Not only that, usually a Shadow Tag mon is designed in mind to take out one specific mon, but Innards out, you can make ANY standard set AND just slap it and it'll do well. Please ban this ASAP.

2. Sableye - This mon, just like last gen makes it NOTORIOUSLY HARD to take down, just like gen 6. Between Prankster Will-o-wisp, Taunt, Recover, Knock Off, Metal Burst, Foul Play, this thing just gives SO MUCH PRESSURE to many things that tried to switch in. And do you think Sableye can do nothing vs Dazzling, Psyterrain mons? There's Knock Off AND Metal Burst to punish ANYONE who tried to switch in and hit it. Seriously centralizing and getting on people's nerves. I'd suggest to address this.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
After discussion in the room, I would like to ask for a ban of innards out.
It hasn't made any impact on the meta that I know of, but I feel like this is an extremely safe ban:

- It cannot ever improve the meta in any way: it is either not played or extremely un-fun (I don't think anyone will argue that innards out chansey is something they like to play against). I dont see any reasons to say it could be competitive in inheritance while it wasn't in AAA and BH.

- It definitely has potential: it has tons of reason of being better than in AAA, as setup, pivot moves... are all more common and are common ways to abuse innards out. That means that it is not a "meaningless" ban. Even if it is meaningless (just like banning shadow tag on wynaut in OU), innards out needs to go because it is simply uncompetitive.

I think innards out should be banned even if it is not played yet. It may one day find the perfect storm where for two weeks the meta will be warped around it, making for a really awful experience during that time. To avoid that, I see no reason to keep innards out in inh.
It's not up to us to say why it shouldn't be broken or doesn't improve the meta, it's up to you to argue why it would be broken. Things aren't banned because they're safe to ban or you don't think they are fun, it's because it's a problem. Speculating has no effect and I don't see it on the ladder at all.

Speaking of being a problem, the only donor of innards out is pyukumuku who has an abysmal movepool. Anything not weak to toxic can come in and not care at all. Yeah sure your +4-in-one-turn pokemon only traded with it but the fact that someone who would put it on a team just to hopefully trade with a potential set-up mon is more of an argument for how overpowering set-up is in the meta, rather than innards out being broken.

Unlike other metas where you get a free ability change to innards out, in this meta you get the abysmal movepool of pyukumuku with it. It normally sits happily in PU doing nothing. The HP boost from a bulky mon barely matters as any offensive set-up mon trades regardless whether it's base 55 or 200 HP.

Unlike other metas where you get a free ability change to innards out, in this meta you get the abysmal movepool of pyukumuku with it. It normally sits happily in PU doing nothing. The HP boost from a bulky mon barely matters as any offensive set-up mon trades regardless whether it's base 55 or 200 HP.
Uh the number of HP matters, because it's a built-in Final Gambit with no immunities. And the worst part of Innards Out is it's unseeable until you actually KO the mon. You meet a Chansey which can potentially be Prankster, Unaware or Innards Out. You suspect an Unaware, bringing a Terrakion hoping to KO, then your Terrak got KO'd... This is why it's uncompetitive, like Illusion. You can't see who uses it until you actually KO the mon.

Whether it's a problem or not, you can't deny that Innards Out is fundamentaly uncompetitive. If nv dares to quickban Assist because of last gen, then he should have seen what Innards do in other metas and consider banning it quickly.

It's not up to us to say why it shouldn't be broken or doesn't improve the meta, it's up to you to argue why it would be broken. Things aren't banned because they're safe to ban or you don't think they are fun, it's because it's a problem. Speculating has no effect and I don't see it on the ladder at all.

Speaking of being a problem, the only donor of innards out is pyukumuku who has an abysmal movepool. Anything not weak to toxic can come in and not care at all. Yeah sure your +4-in-one-turn pokemon only traded with it but the fact that someone who would put it on a team just to hopefully trade with a potential set-up mon is more of an argument for how overpowering set-up is in the meta, rather than innards out being broken.

This is why neither me, nor Chopin, are saying this is over powered, because this would require evidence, replays... We are saying it is uncompetitive.

Having an universal answer to all setup moves (although, ironically enough, there is no "+4 in one turn" setup move that i know of) is an obvious and massive degradation of competitiveness.

Pyukumuku's movepool is not enough to make chansey bad: recover is pretty much all it needs, toxic+soak is a cool bonus against defensive mons. gastro-acids, screens (you can run light clay since you dont even have eviolite) and other are also legitimate good options that appreciate the massive tempo killing ability of innards out.

Also, 55 HP and 250 HP is very different, because any mon with 90 base HP (or 70 after rock on pyukumuku's) will live a pyukumuku innards out, while uninvested 105 HP mons are still OHKOed by a Chansey at 50%. This means that you can bring in chansey multiple times on a threat even if your opponent has rocks up.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
This is a muk set that goes well on bulky offense/balanced teams:

- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Mienshao gets both of Muk's STABs, u-turn and regenerator. This set mostly spams knock off and u-turn. The fourth moveslot can also be filled with high jump kick or stone edge. If you run this set, it's a good idea to also run a bulky flying, water or grass type to help with muk's weakness to ground.
Alola-Muk is v good, but imo the best set looks like this.
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Fake Out

For one thing it has evs and a nature :toast: Min speed for slow pivoting which is vital on balance for bringing in your offensive threats, max spd to actually be able to switch into Blacephalon!Nidothing, and Fake Out for chip damage and a way to kill low HP sweepers.

As for Innards Out I believe this post
With Inheritance possibly returning to the main server next month I'd like to bring up what I think is the biggest issue in the current metagame, and that's Innards Out.

Innards Out works essentially the same way in Inheritance that it did in Balanced Hackmons: as a glue on stall or other bulky teams to have a one-time answer to anything particularly threatening on the opponent's team. Innards Out was quickbanned in Balanced Hackmons because it made stall teams far too difficult to break, Innards Out itself has very little counterplay and can almost always remove a wincon from the opposing team. I believe this is also the case in Inheritance, if anything Innards Out is more broken because it can't be lured with Magic Guard due to donor reveal. While Innards Out users don't have access to every move as in Balanced Hackmons, Pyukumuku donates everything an Innards Out user could need. Taunt forces the opponent to attack which eliminates most 50/50s, Recover keeps the Innards Out user healthy to maximize damage when the time comes and Toxic allows the Innards Out user to somewhat punish switchins.

I played a game against TylerWithNumbers that illustrates how ridiculous Innards Out can be. In our game Tyler brought Swords Dance + Photon Geyser Mega Medicham which could break through the entirety of my team as well as several other powerful offensive Pokemon. In the game however, Tyler was completely unable to utilize his win condition due to the presence of Innards Out Blissey, despite him being fully aware that I was Innards Out. The risk vs reward factor in using Innards Out is ridiculously in favour of the stall user, by pivoting to Blissey every time Tyler brought out his Medicham there was no way for him to utilize his wincon, and because his other Pokemon were walled there was no way for him to win. The team I used was hardly optimized, yet it still proves extremely difficult to beat thanks to Innards Out Blissey.

Yes, I realize there is some counterplay to Innards Out. Inheriting Magic Guard from Clefable or another Pokemon makes Innards Out useless against whatever sweeper is Inheriting from it, but because donors are revealed the stall user won't waste their Innards Out user and instead save it for another team member. There might be some other counterplay I'm not thinking of but I doubt there is any that would punish the Innards Out user to the point that Innards Out becomes a liability.

I believe Innards Out gives stall teams to large an advantage to be healthy for the metagame because it is able to blanket check most of the offensive metagame in a way that leaves little counterplay for the offensive player. Inheriting from Pyukumuku should be banned because it lends an overwhelming advantage to the player using it and because it makes preparing for stall extremely difficult.
best outlines why Innards Out is a problem, and look! It even has a replay. While full stall is comparatively rare on the ladder because nobody likes laddering with stall, Pyukumuku inheritors are rather problematic on that archetype. I do think Pigeons is a better person to argue this case though, so I'll leave it here.

It took a while to get through all these sets posted, and holy goddamn are some of them amazing.
Anyway, here's my contribution: A check for (almost) everything in the game.

Typhlosion (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Flare Blitz/Wild Charge

I ran A LOT of calcs with this thing. I'm not even kidding when I say that there are only a handful of mons that can 1v1 this before already having acquired a good amount of boosts. Typhlosion giving good old bug knight 0 weaknesses, gyro ball, and excellent coverage options means that it can handily deal an OHKO or 2HKO to a lot of threats in the meta. I'm not a big fan of the recoil moves as coverage options, as you lack recovery to begin with, but a flash fire boosted flare blitz hits really damn hard, and wild charge is a good option against those pesky water mons that you otherwise might have trouble with with the rest of the setup, if this is your only reliable switchin.

Last edited:
I may have posted this 10 pages or so back, but whatever.
Numel (Landorus-Therian) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Growth
- Flame Charge
- Rock Slide

All you need is a little bit of Sun support, and this thing becomes an absolute monster, ripping through almost anything that doesn't come with Unaware.
I'll just leave you all some replays.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-682975859
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-683626967
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-683629265

It took a while to get through all these sets posted, and holy goddamn are some of them amazing.
Anyway, here's my contribution: A check for (almost) everything in the game.

Typhlosion (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Flare Blitz/Wild Charge

I ran A LOT of calcs with this thing. I'm not even kidding when I say that there are only a handful of mons that can 1v1 this before already having acquired a good amount of boosts. Typhlosion giving good old bug knight 0 weaknesses, gyro ball, and excellent coverage options means that it can handily deal an OHKO or 2HKO to a lot of threats in the meta. I'm not a big fan of the recoil moves as coverage options as you lack recovery to begin with, but a flash fire boosted flare blitz hits really damn hard, and wild charge is a good option against those pesky water mons that you otherwise might have trouble with with the rest of the setup, if this is your only reliable switchin.
I seem to be seeing a lot of sets like this one being posted here and I would like something clarified. As I understand it, when a pokemon inherits from another mon, they take NOT ONLY the ability, but also all of the moves from that pokemon, and in doing so forfeit all of their own moves and abilities. Is this correct?

W
I seem to be seeing a lot of sets like this one being posted here and I would like something clarified. As I understand it, when a pokemon inherits from another mon, they take NOT ONLY the ability, but also all of the moves from that pokemon, and in doing so forfeit all of their own moves and abilities. Is this correct?
Yes this is correct otherwise stuff like blaceph with magic guard from bliss would be MRE common

Yesterday I posted a question about why Imposter could be used by Chansey and it seems to be deleted now....

I have another Issue: Prankster shouldn't work in Psychic Terrain (it didn't work in Mix & Mega), but right now a Chansey (copying Sableye) could use Prankster in Psychic Terrain. I hope, this gets fixed soon, too...

Yesterday I posted a question about why Imposter could be used by Chansey and it seems to be deleted now....

I have another Issue: Prankster shouldn't work in Psychic Terrain (it didn't work in Mix & Mega), but right now a Chansey (copying Sableye) could use Prankster in Psychic Terrain. I hope, this gets fixed soon, too...
Was the move the chansey was using directed at ur pokemon?, was the move metal burst ? Or was the mons u were using a flying type or not touching the ground? If not any of these, outline the situation so it can be diagnosed as to whether or not it is a glitch

Sprite_6_x_462.png
Sprite_6_x_474.png

Magnezone (Porygon-Z) @ Icium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Nasty Plot

This set is very powerful. The combo icebolt is very interesting. With adaptability, his stab is very strong, and his access to ice beam (Z-Move) can check the ground-types easily. With agility, he can outspeed 90% of the meta and become unstoppable (Nasty Plot is optional, but it's a 99% sweep.)

Was the move the chansey was using directed at ur pokemon?, was the move metal burst ? Or was the mons u were using a flying type or not touching the ground? If not any of these, outline the situation so it can be diagnosed as to whether or not it is a glitch
Unfortunately, I don't have a replay of the match. None of my Pokemons were Flying/ Levitate, so they were all grounded. The move it was using, was Recover I think (or a similar move that lets you get half of your HP), and it got Priority (Chansey was also grounded), while I had Psychic Terrain with my Alakazam (copying Lele).

Unfortunately, I don't have a replay of the match. None of my Pokemons were Flying/ Levitate, so they were all grounded. The move it was using, was Recover I think (or a similar move that lets you get half of your HP), and it got Priority (Chansey was also grounded), while I had Psychic Terrain with my Alakazam (copying Lele).
Then that's it, pysterrain prevents anything from being targeted with priority it doesn't stop moves that self target (like recover) or moves that target the field (haze).

Hello! I have put together what I think are the ten most original leads and anti-leads in this metagame. Let me know your thoughts, and feel free to pick your favorite and use it! Please keep in mind that while these may not be 100% viable on paper, they are a great way to keep your opponent unsettled and off balance at the beginning of a match. Enjoy!

Ditto (Shuckle) @ Quick Powder
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Final Gambit
The coolest. This is the fastest lead in the game, and is a great way to lay down hazards, force a switch, and/or kamikaze your opponent for a clean 300 HP of direct damage. The ability allows you to survive a hit and get out both hazards, while Encore can discourage Stealth Rock users, allowing you to deal a ton of damage (even some OHKOs) on the switch. Quick Powder, a Timid nature, and the EV spread give Ditto an insane base speed of 428, in case you were wondering.
Weaknesses: Ghost types with Prankster/Taunt (rare) & Choice Scarf users (though you'll still get at least one hazard down).

Jolteon (Persian-Alola) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play/Thunderbolt/Thunder
This is a fun set that takes advantage of Jolteon's speed, great mono-Electric typing, and an ability that covers it's statistical weakness (physical defense), allowing it to serve as an awesome anti-lead/pivot. Fake Out to scout ability/items, Taunt to prevent setup/hazards, and Parting Shot with a 394 base speed helps you create an advantage on the switch. I think Foul Play is the best option in slot four to avoid dealing neutral damage to Ground types, but Persian-Alola has access to two strong STAB moves for Jolteon if you'd prefer. Rocky Helmet paired with Fur Coat gives Jolteon a nice way to punish physical attackers on the switch.
Weaknesses: Choice Scarf users and Ground types.

Aerodactyl (Silvally) @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
This one is really going to have your opponent confused. Virtually the same concept as the Jolteon, but with the ability to bounce or clear hazards as opposed to preventing them. While the Ground Memory will not change Aerodactyl's typing, it does give it a strong Ground-type move in Multi-Attack, which checks 3/5 of its weaknesses (Electric, Rock, and Steel), while dealing neutral damage to the other two (Water & Ice). And it still out-speeds virtually the entire tier, so anything you don't trust you can always give a friendly Parting Shot to and set yourself up with something more to your liking.
Weaknesses: Choice Scarf users and super effective priority moves (Water Shuriken, Accelerock, and Ice Shard).

Magearna (Gengar) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Venoshock
- Hex
- Dazzling Gleam
This Magearna is simply a one-off eliminator. It's typing provides it with very good coverage, and it is designed to take advantage of opponents who would see this pairing and assume they can set up. Trick poisons the opponent and steals an item, which also doubles the power of both Venoshock and Hex. Dazzling Gleam offers a good STAB option, and the inherited ability (Cursed Body) can be a nuisance to Choice Scarf users and limited attackers alike.
Weaknesses: Poison and Steel types (can't be poisoned), Clerics, and Choice item users (on the trick).

Volcarona (Xatu) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Trick
- Wish
- Protect
- Heat Wave
While this pairing may scream setup sweeper, it flips the script and instead cuts down one of your opponent's threats (possibly even two!). Magic Bounce prevents hazards from being dropped, while Trick + Flame Orb cuts the opposing pokemon's attack (usually on the switch). Wish/Protect can stall out burned physical attackers, while Heat Wave offers a nice STAB option.
Weaknesses: Choice item users, Rock types (even halved, the damage is usually too much to overcome).

Wobbuffet (Sableye) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Taunt
- Mean Look
- Recover
- Metal Burst
A brilliant trapper/revenge killer, in addition to an unusual lead for your opponent to deal with. Prankster allows for Wobbuffet to essentially have it's Shadow Tag ability as well in Mean Look, while Taunt can eliminate setup and hazard users. Priority recovery is also a huge asset, and the Aguav Berry enables you to not have to worry using it too early on. Finally, we have the answer to the pesky Counter/Mirror Coat dilemma: Metal Burst. The minimum speed EVs/IVs/nature ensure that Wobbuffet goes second most of the time with its base 85 speed, allowing it to dish out 1.5x damage on any (Taunted) attack it takes. The EV spread is designed to give Wobbuffet the same base Defense and Special Defense (193).
Weaknesses: Dark types (immune to Prankster).

Electrode (Weezing) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
Like the Jolteon above, this set yet again takes advantage of mono-electric Electrode's superior speed and defensive typing. This time that typing comes in extra handy, as Weezing's Levitate means Electrode won't take any super effective damage. Taunt still helps anti-lead, while Toxic Spikes give you a nice hazard option of your own. Thunderbolt is a great STAB option, while Destiny Bond paired with the Focus Sash and a pacy 438 base speed gives you the ability to typically take out your opponent as they takes out your lead.
Weaknesses: Choice Scarf users.

Registeel (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stockpile
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
Stealth Rock, reliable recovery, and the ability to increase its already incredible bulk allow this lead to set up and then cycle your opponent's team through the hazard. EV spread and nature listed gives Registeel an even Defensive and Specially Defensive breakdown.
Weaknesses: Faster Taunt users.

Florges (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon
Regice (Druddigon) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Roar
- Surf
This is a two-for-one special! Both sets utilize quality special bulk to goad opponents into physical attacks, many of which will result in their losing roughly 30% of their HP. Florges has the ability to set up more hazards, while Regice has the ability to speed-control with Glare, and then cycle through your opponent's lineup with Roar. Florges' lone attack is a bit of a throwaway, so pick your favorite (Energy Ball is also an option, though a lesser one); Regice's Surf covers 2/4 of its weaknesses (Fire and Rock), while dealing neutral damage to the other two (Fighting, and the ever-pesky Steel).
Weaknesses: Setup Sweepers (though this will still allow you to lay down your hazards).

Muk-Alola (Chimecho) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Magic Coat/Heal Bell
When people see Muk in this meta, they expect an attacking pokemon, usually with an Assault Vest. This set flips the script and provides you with a tremendous anti-lead (Magic Coat), that can also serve as a stall-'mon using the Toxic/Wish/Protect combo. Heal Bell is also an option if you want your Muk-Alola to serve as more of a bulky Cleric. And of course, Levitate eliminates this pokemon's only type weakness, giving it even more staying power.
Weaknesses: Faster Taunt users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)