2013 Global Showdown!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There is already a thread for the Global Showdown here.

That said, I have my EKiller Arceus and finally got a good Horsea, I just have to train them up and I will be READY TO ROCK

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Was about to make a thread on this, didn't see the original. Anyway, I RNG'd a cute shiny Latias only to find out that Soul Dew is banned (I thought MAYBE they'd allow it with all the powerful crap running around). Got my Psychokiller Mewtwo in the wings though, as well as a bunch of stuff I used in the Rotation tournament a few months back. Here's the link to the rules by the way: http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/2013_Global_Showdown/index.html. Posted here for convenience:
  • Battle Format: Single Battle
  • Rankings will be decided based on player Ratings at the end of the competition.
  • Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 National Pokédex, from No. 001–649.
    • The following Pokémon cannot be used in this competition: Chatot
    • Pokémon may not hold the item Soul Dew.
    • Pokémon may not use the move Sky Drop or Dark Void during battle.
    • For details, check the Rules section.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been mucking around on the GBU for a while now but never actually bothered to enter one of the tournaments, but seeings how this is the last for gen V i thought why not? I'll probably just slap together a (boring) team of event legendaries that have been gathering dust in my pc just for the sake of it, but I'm excited to see how it all goes!

I've been mucking around on the GBU for a while now but never actually bothered to enter one of the tournaments, but seeings how this is the last for gen V i thought why not? I'll probably just slap together a (boring) team of event legendaries that have been gathering dust in my pc just for the sake of it, but I'm excited to see how it all goes!

I pretty much did the same thing. I was only interested in being eligible for the first Pokemon X and Y competition. But hey, it's for fun!

I joined last night. Without realizing there was no ban list. Needless to say my team is severely underpowered against teams with legendaries.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We're too busy working around Focus Sash everymon.

Edit: p.s. i use a Scarf Kyogre but my main strategy is just fake out smashpass smeargle -> Mewtwo or Kyurem-W.

I haven't actually encountered a kyogre in a while. I may not be using one, but I'm still doing well...... I wasn't actually expecting Kyogre to be as powerful as it is. same with Groudon, mind. My team consists of Zekrom, Weavile, Latios, Terrakion, Keldeo and Rayquaza. and Zekrom is a brilliant counter for Choice Scarf Kyogre, as long as it also has a Choice Scarf, I have found. however, with none of my team having access to a status or Grass type move, there was a 3-0 loss against a...... Quagsire.....

I've lost to every choice scarfed kyogre which is what I would run. If they haven't been scarfed my metagross can take them out or landorus. Along with groudon. My team consist of haxorus mamoswine landorus jellicent zapdos metagross
I've done decent so far with what I have

Welp. I'm done with this tourney. Extremespeed Genesect got Ko'd by Deoxys-A, I ko deoxys, then they kill zekrom, and Kyurem-W is about to kill scarf or specs water spout kyogre, when they dc. They couldn't handle the fact that spout got weaker with low health, so my -6 sp. atk Kyurem-W outdamaged Kyogre, final turn they rage quit. On top of that many many dc's for using mew opening or shiny genesect. This is probably the biggest joke of a tourney yet. I'll take my 1800 somethin points and walk.

ok I give up. this frickin hax is unbearable not to mention the ragequits. i got from 1856 all the way down to 1770. All haxed deaths... :( oh well its just for fun rite?

Surprisingly, I've avoided ragequitters so far. One connection error pre-battle in ~30 attempts. Hax has been rampant but the dice rolls have been favoring me more than not. :)

Hope I can reach 1800+ before my luck turns.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
meh, only had time to play 13 battles but 1666 isn't that bad. I hear some guys in Senior lost to a Smeargle/Wobbuffet/Liepard team, including this Korean dude with 1998 rating or something!

Luck has no longer been my ally. I peaked around 1750 and a string of bad games and bad luck have me tumbling into the 1600s. It's practically win 4, 5 in a row and pick up 30 pts only to lose most of that back in one loss. Ugh.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Luck has no longer been my ally. I peaked around 1750 and a string of bad games and bad luck have me tumbling into the 1600s. It's practically win 4, 5 in a row and pick up 30 pts only to lose most of that back in one loss. Ugh.
Yeah I feel for you, I had been getting very lucky with my Deoxys-A, not missing a single psycho boost all tourney, along with many crits letting me 3-0 a bunch of people, I was about to crack 1700 and was on this guys last 'mon, an EKiller with about ~40% and missed Psycho boost 3 times in a row while he boosted to +6 then wiped my team. I went down to like 1650 and gave up

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I just lost a match to a Feint Flygon which basically messed up my Assist Liepard's plans by waking up early, ignoring confusion and critting me with a Feint. g_g

Luck was not on my side. Plus i had work so didnt get to battle as much as i wanted. For example I got frozen off ice beam twice and paralyzed off thunderbolt in the same match. There was about 5 matches I would have won if meteor mash hadn't missed. I thought there was some kind of etiquette not putting more than one pokemon to sleep. Or not using moves like minimize or double team.

On that last day....... I think I must of faced every Senior player from Tokyo and Hokkaido with Mewtwo in their team. and thus, I did not win a single battle on that last day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)