2013 International Challenge -January- [RANKINGS RELEASED]

It's not that they are so much better. It's more that whenever I play them they get all the luck. Crits and OHKO that should have not been and other stuff.

What makes the Japanese seem harder than they are is their insane strategies. They do not predict your predicts or anything like that. They have one set strategy in mind and stick to it. It is then a matter of figuring the strategy out and countering it before it is too late.

My team is doing very badly. I have never gotten below 1800 and this time I can't even keep 1700 a certainty. I will keep battling but not much more now ass the amount of dcs I have suffered from others will probably get me dqed anyway.

Welp, I'm done. peaked around 1700, then hovered there for about 15 matches, not able to climb back up much higher, so I'm stopping now.

Didn't really keep track of my W/L/DCs, but I played a bit over 70 games with only 1 DC at the end, 1 DC at the start of a match, and a couple here and there that DC'd after team preview. I feel like i win about 70% of my games.

Well, I've had around 40 disconnecters along the weekend. Only 2 I would deem justified, since I stalled to win for time (we were both with only one wall left each and I needed to have more life than him). In most of them, I out skilled the player and he ragequitted. Around half of them were carrying ubers. I've been following all the OU rules even if they don't apply there. And I've not disconnected a single time.

I just wanna say, that if the korean player with 1700 points who was using a yanmega, a rotom wash, a garchomp and a cresselia is reading this (I know that's not the case), I hope your north counterpart gives you salutation. I'm probably getting DQed without having disconnected a single time.

These are a bunch of my battles:
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&hasot=7139

Oh, and one last thing. Every single opponent with over 1650 points that I've beaten have disconnected. So I'm sure there are a bunch of these posting here about how they "are above 1800 but will probably get DQed because of their opponents' disconnects".

Oh, and one last thing. Every single opponent with over 1650 points that I've beaten have disconnected. So I'm sure there are a bunch of these posting here about how they "are above 1800 but will probably get DQed because of their opponents' disconnects".
Right? All I get are D/C's :( Good job on fighting the good fight. I'm using mostly NU-UU stuff and i'm like mid 1600's. It's hard fighting them ubers man!

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well, I've had around 40 disconnecters along the weekend. Only 2 I would deem justified, since I stalled to win for time (we were both with only one wall left each and I needed to have more life than him). In most of them, I out skilled the player and he ragequitted. Around half of them were carrying ubers. I've been following all the OU rules even if they don't apply there. And I've not disconnected a single time.

I just wanna say, that if the korean player with 1700 points who was using a yanmega, a rotom wash, a garchomp and a cresselia is reading this (I know that's not the case), I hope your north counterpart gives you salutation. I'm probably getting DQed without having disconnected a single time.

These are a bunch of my battles:
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&hasot=7139

I don't believe one could get 40 DCs without doing some themselves. But regardless, I say you're not getting ranked with that DC rate. I just passed 1800 myself without DCing once (overall DC rate stands at 7, possibly 8 due to wifi dropping right when the results were being uploaded (It recorded the battle though, but no change to rating))

Rating stands at 1802 now. I may go ahead and call it quits there, but idk yet. Depends on my mood tomorrow. I shall start linking videos soon regardless.

I'm tempted to stop while the going is good and maintaining a ranking over 1710+. Nice to see pokecheck has the ability to post battle videos and watch over again even if it's not among the last 5 videos uploaded to GTS. I'm trying to figure out whom is Ignacio from Spain, a hard-fought annoying match that could've gone either way indeed. 51-76533-90375
Well, that would be me :)

Edit. I did sleep your 2 pokémon? Deeply sorry about that... to be honest, I felt outclassed the whole match. That's why I did the troll-protect at the end x)
I don't believe one could get 40 DCs without doing some themselves. But regardless, I say you're not getting ranked with that DC rate. I just passed 1800 myself without DCing once (overall DC rate stands at 7, possibly 8 due to wifi dropping right when the results were being uploaded (It recorded the battle though, but no change to rating))

Rating stands at 1802 now. I may go ahead and call it quits there, but idk yet. Depends on my mood tomorrow. I shall start linking videos soon regardless.
May have exaggerated, but I'm 80 matches in and I'm certain I've gotten between 20 and 40 DCs. It's really frustrating when someone disconnects because you were better. And even more if they were using excadrill, kingdra with swift swim, etc.

I've a rating of 1582 @ 11 battles so far. Surprisingly only 1 or 2 disconnects from others so far (one of which was vs a Japanese player with a 1787 rating =x)

If you see a player named Matt from Virginia with the phrase "What's your favorite anime?" that's most likely me!

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
May have exaggerated, but I'm 80 matches in and I'm certain I've gotten between 20 and 40 DCs. It's really frustrating when someone disconnects because you were better. And even more if they were using excadrill, kingdra with swift swim, etc.
Ah ok, I was about to say. lol

I've a rating of 1582 @ 11 battles so far. Surprisingly only 1 or 2 disconnects from others so far (one of which was vs a Japanese player with a 1787 rating =x)

If you see a player named Matt from Virginia with the phrase "What's your favorite anime?" that's most likely me!
Sounds very familiar actually. Did you battle a player named Joe, from NC? Quote was "Recently, music seems Oddish"

As for some videos:
34-16067-03901 I love winning weather wars.

85-99788-51057 Fun gimmick is fun (probably would've turned out worse for me if it wasn't for paralysis)

15-61212-15268 So close, yet so far. Also, Liepard <3

another dc, while sending the results... this was my first time playing doubles, and my first tournament ever, and I doubt I will ever repeat. Nintendo's negligence is astountishing.

Edit: another DC.

This might be the only competition out of 2 others that was a positive experience overall. The times I get paired with someone with 1650+ pts have almost never D/C'ed on me (there might have been maybe 5-6 so far out of my 91 matches where someone purposely D/Ced), even if they got haxed out horribly by rock slide flinch or missing heat wave so kudos to whoever those players were. Though honestly, I have yet to fight anyone over 1700+ except for one time beginning of the competition where I got destroyed by someone, that's probably where all the D/Cing is coming from ><.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, these are most of the battles I've done: 35271

As it turns out, almost nothing is prepared for Lilligant @ Lum Berry in this meta. Funnily enough, with just 68 EVs and a Modest nature, you can OHKO Politoed and TTar with Leaf Storm without much effort. You can also Sleep everything and live Ice Beams all day because even at max speed, you can go 188 HP and be bulkier than shit and tank EQs too.

Ya, Lilligant stomped a lot of face in my games. :)

I am very curious as to the rules of winning with perish song. A friend of mine had this video happen to him, 25-08495-55442. Perish song kills 3 at the end, and my friend loses. I had a similar thing happen to me, 76-46243-39349, 3 pokemon die at the end, but I win. Slightly confusing to me. Can any one explain?

I am very curious as to the rules of winning with perish song. A friend of mine had this video happen to him, 25-08495-55442. Perish song kills 3 at the end, and my friend loses. I had a similar thing happen to me, 76-46243-39349, 3 pokemon die at the end, but I win. Slightly confusing to me. Can any one explain?
Slowest Pokemon on the field dies last and the trainer of that pokemon wins.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, that would be me :)

Edit. I did sleep your 2 pokémon? Deeply sorry about that... to be honest, I felt outclassed the whole match. That's why I did the troll-protect at the end x)
Whatever it takes to win that's still cool, it's pokemon after all.

I estimate my final rating will end up at around 1741 as my last match involved an all-fire team with a quick-claw activated typhlosion like 3 or 4 times in a row. I had to clever up and manage to take that thing out to ensure the win still. Here's a link containing all my matches from this and the winter wifi event using the same team as the top 9 came from this event alone. http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&facility=4&type=2&hasot=11471%2F38258

Edit: This match involving an eviolite chansey got rather hysterical after turn 6 here: http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=694283999542

Aaaaand another disconnection. I'm over 50 now. And I'm sure this time I'm not exaggerating. Trick room team couldn't handle me stalling his trick rooms.

And I end up around 1620 (meh score lol)

...And some videos
51-76533-90365
11-07775-47836
71-64051-11382

I never have a good chance to puff off encore+disable combo T.T

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
DCs are beginning to show up in force now. :/ Gonna quit with my rating of 1714 and hope 14 DCs aren't enough to keep me out of the final ratings. (Wish I still had my 1800, but oh well.)

Just about everyone I've fought today, including 1400- Players have DC on me, so I say let us all grab a drink and watch the idiots wipe each other out of the final rankings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)