2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

Buy a striker for ~50m and gets the Bundesliga LB of the Season on a free transfer and bench both for a Man Utd reject and a RB.
Play three at the back but sell Gabriel, with Mustafi likely going as well, while leaving a kid, a guy with a persistent ankle problem and another LB in a back three against a phenomenal attack force.
Bring arguably your most dynamic force off the field at 3-0 down while leaving the Utd reject on. 0 shots on target and performing worse than last year at Anfield despite ambitious signings.

Arsenal fans surely must be livid by these decisions from Wenger.

Wow, we are bad. At least Wenger didn't start such bad XIs last season. Idk what has happened to him. He has to go along with Stan

Oxlade Chamberlain fee agreed with Chelsea

Also Liverpool have agreed a deal with Naby Keita next year while at the same time are making a £55m offer for Lemar that Monaco are considering, even after Wenger said 'Lemar leaving is dead'.

Quite damning of Arsenal. Board and Wenger are in a marriage of convenience.

EDIT: Apparently Sanchez has handed in a transfer request

EDIT 2: According to Arsenal, not true

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
according to arsenal logic, not selling sanchez is like 3 signings, good deadline day

also cool that liverpool subsidized it and sold sakho.

I think the amazing thing is they were prepared to sell him and bid £92m for Lemar, which Monaco accepted, only to be rejected by the player himself

EDIT: Heck, Swansea have done well for themselves, loaning Bayern Munich's hot property in Sanches

Last edited:
no one wants to go to Chelsea it seems.
Lemar wanted Champions league football, great though, rather have Alexis sulking and playing shite at Arsenal then making city stronger.

He's thuh only one that maeks an effurht

I don't understand why Arsenal didn't sell him early on considering he's shown signs of wanting to leave for a while now. Could have gotten Lemar earlier too.

Heck, for all of the flak Barcelona may have gotten with Neymar, they set about replacing their star player with another hot property. Clubs lose their star players it happens, but it seems like Arsenal dillydallied and are going to pay the price with not one but two players wanting to leave (Mustafi and Sanchez) and contracts running down with no signs of renewal.

Chelsea bought Drinkwater... for £35m.. they solid Matic for £40m.. Hope United had a sell on clause on Drinkwater as well just to make the pain even greater.

When you change your mind mid-medical and decides to remain at your current club who just told you that you have no future there. Simply Ross Barkley.

It has been a long time to rejoice in such a complete match in Spain. This selection is something else. What future is Isco and Asensio. It was quite a party and a shame not to see Villa with more minutes.

The match reminded me of the Euro Final of years ago against Italy, far superior. And yes, it is the same that eliminated us from the last Euro but Spain was not the same and this goes by gaps. By the way, I was surprised 0-0 France - Luxembourg. Bale could play in Madrid as with Wales rofl.

The same Italy who kicked their ass in the Euro?
You mean the Italy coached by one of the best in Conte rather than Ventura? Going from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2? Conte is by far the better tactician, I have no idea why we chose Ventura to take over, I guess there really wasn't anyone left smh.

Also the same Italy that needed a 92nd minute goal to beat Macedonia 3-2, by the way.

Wishing I could mock national football teams

Alas, we are forever tarnished for talking ourselves up only to be bent over by Iceland

You mean the Italy coached by one of the best in Conte rather than Ventura? Going from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2? Conte is by far the better tactician, I have no idea why we chose Ventura to take over, I guess there really wasn't anyone left smh.

Also the same Italy that needed a 92nd minute goal to beat Macedonia 3-2, by the way.
Play with 2 only midfielders against Spain it's a suicide IMHO.

Play with 2 only midfielders against Spain it's a suicide IMHO.
We were able to hang with them in the first leg while playing a 3-5-2, but for some reason Ventura decided to go to a 4-4-2 this time around lol, I just don't get it. For sure our players aren't good enough, but it was a tactical error from the very beginning. I honestly don't think we should stick with Ventura for the World Cup (if we even make it, the playoffs look dangerous at the moment), but idk who will be available.

Fifa has rejected Leicester City's application to register midfielder Adrien Silva after the club missed the deadline by 14 seconds.

So what is he gonna do now? Hang around doing nothing for half a season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)