2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Have to say didn't expect that, I thought it might be soon, but thought they'd give him a few more games considering we had such a tough start to the season.

Having said that, I haven't been impressed at all the last few matches - Leicester seemed to try and play the same way as we did in the league winning season, but it just doesn't seem to work now. Teams know how to beat Leicester and can just sit back, whilst we have been lacking the creativity to break through teams when they play like that. And we're not even that great at counter-attacking anymore, Drinkwater + Kante were crucial to that system, we haven't adapted to playing without them.
We had no plan B - yesterday Shakespeare only changed the system after 75 minutes, which was too late, he should changed the formation straight after half time because it just wasn't working.
So in terms of results, you could say it was harsh to sack him - but in terms of performance, if we kept going trying to play the way that Shakespeare made us play, we could have ended up in a bad situation later on

Ancelotti is available... :pimp::pimp:

Nah, this Fantasy Year is my Year! :-P
My luck is better this year compared to the last 2 seasons though.

As for CL, Liverpool finally got a win after going 1 win in 8 games. Hopefully we can put Spurs to the sword this weekend.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been steadily going up since my wildcard in week 5, though last week, ended up with 41 which was bang on average, but I still went down from 220,000 to 310,000 overall. And I have like 4 or 5 players which I'm now wanting to remove, (Davies, Ritchie, Lascelles, Foster, Lukaku after huddersfield, possibly Vardy depending on how Leicester are gonna perform) So I'm in a sticky situation, and probably going to end up taking a -4 next week. Davies to Stones or Otamendi this week is a good shout though surely?

Currently sitting 2nd in the Smogon league, 1 point above Random Passerby though ;D And 3 points behind fitzy72, but I'm guessing you might wildcard this week fitzy?

Last edited:
Nah, I just had a crappy week but I still like my teams structure. Did a -4 with Bailly, Alli and Mbema to David Luiz, Sterling, and Otamendi. Going 3 heavy defenders seems the way this year.

Looks like it was a great game between Chelsea and Roma. Dzeko continues to impress (31 goals in 2017, can 2017 never end please?) while Kolarov is proving to be a great signing. Sucks Rudiger couldn't score a few own goals for us, though.

Rowan

The professor?
Nah, I just had a crappy week but I still like my teams structure. Did a -4 with Bailly, Alli and Mbema to David Luiz, Sterling, and Otamendi. Going 3 heavy defenders seems the way this year.
I'm not sure there is a way. There's so many options in all 3 positions, which is kind of making it hard. I'm absolutely clueless as to what I want to do with my team, but I just know I'm not fully happy with it - but you never know, if Kane and Lukaku score next week, whilst Jesus+Sterling blank, suddenly I'd feeling good about the team again

Rowan

The professor?
up to #1 in smogon league. every time people start to doubt Kane he proves us wrong, can he really ever be dropped from your fantasy team?

up to #1 in smogon league. every time people start to doubt Kane he proves us wrong, can he really ever be dropped from your fantasy team?
from 15th to 3rd. feels so damn good. had a shit start.. super unlucky and didnt get the goals, but now the points are everywhere.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
if pep rests aguero this weekend im gonna be reeeeeeeeally mad

swear to god guardiola hates fantasy football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)