1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. The moderators of this forum are Nexus, .com, religiousjedi, shiny finder, and TheMantyke.
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  5. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. astroshagger

astroshagger

Thanks - but which method am I using in the RNG Reporter Drop Down? Gen V IV's? Also, there is a 1 second delay for Nintendo DS Lite systems correct? So I have to load the game 1 second before the seed?
  2. shiny finder

shiny finder I will travel across the land, searching far and wide...
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus

In the Time Finder you'd want to use IVs (Standard Seed) as the method, and in the main window you'd use Gen 5 PIDRNG. Both use the encounter type of Stationary Pokemon. You'd get the exact delay from calibration, but for the most part yeah the delay is 1 second for a DS Lite. Assuming the delay is 1 second, right. You'd press A to boot the game from the DS menu 1 second before the time for your seed. :)
  3. astroshagger

astroshagger

Thanks a lot for your help. 1 last question:

What are the proper times to press, and subsequently release, the required button presses? Once I hit A to load the game, do I start pressing immediately?
  4. shiny finder

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Np :)

That's what I do yeah. As soon as I hit A to boot the game from the DS menu, I hold down the keypresses until I see the shooting star. Some people like to hold the keypresses down before hitting A to boot the game, but either works. If A is one of the keypresses, just press A to boot the game and keep holding it down until you see that shooting star.
  5. astroshagger

astroshagger

Can I calibrate BW2 the same way I calibrated BW1? Mac address is the same/it's the same DS.

I was planning on saving in front of a stationary legend like Heatran to get my most common Timer0. Is it true that some copies of BW2 have very inconsistent Timer0's and is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue?
  6. shiny finder

Yup, the old method of capturing Pokemon and checking the IVs still works! (You also have the option of using the Unova Link tool to calibrate now, but I'd stick with catching the Heatran). The parameters will be different from BW, so the fact it's the same DS won't matter too much.

Yeah your Timer0 will likely fluctuate a lot. I have 2 pretty consistent values, and about 5 it fluctuates between (others have had more). Just being as consistent as you can in booting the game from the DS menu is about all you can do to alleviate it. Iirc the original DS and DS Lite are more stable than a DSi/3ds. Even way, you're still going to get trolled.
  7. Exploits

Exploits

Haven't done this in several years so maybe I'm looking at something wrong. Regarding the PIDRNG, is there a reason why some frames that aren't supposed to be synch-able actually are and some that are supposed to be actually aren't? I'm 100% certain it's the correct seed and PID frame. Confirmed by the IVs and PID/encounter slot. Everything is right except the nature sometimes.
  8. shiny finder

Iirc, there's a bug in the RNG Reporter where some synch frames actually aren't. I seem to recall that coming up when people went for shiny frames, but it would seem normal frames aren't immune (assuming of course your target wasn't a shiny).
  9. Exploits

Exploits

Ah ok that would make sense. I actually do remember that about shiny frames, happened to me quite a few times. I wasn't going for shininess in this case and worked my way around it. Was just wondering if it was a bug or not.
  10. astroshagger

astroshagger

Im doing Hidden Grotto abuse for a Dragonite in White 2. I cant seem to get it to appear depsite doing other Hidden Grottos with ease. Based on the encounter table in shiny finder 's sig I have slot as 0 and 0,1,2,3 checked for sub slot. Can anyone verify if this is correct? I know my Timer0 is very consistent.

Edit: Is there an in game limit to how many Hidden Grottos you can rng in a given period of time?
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. shiny finder

The slots look correct. If it's not populating the grotto/populating with the wrong thing, it's probably because: 1) You're not walking the right number of steps in the grotto, 2) You're missing your seed due to wrong DS time/wrong keypresses etc, 3) You don't have all of the other grottos filled with something (With respect to the encounter slots, you only need the grottos above the one you're trying to RNG in filled. Since you're in the last grotto, you need all of the others filled).

3 is probably the most likely culprit here. If you're sure everything is right and all of the other grottos are filled, I'd try a different seed.

And nope, there's no limit.
  12. astroshagger

astroshagger

It's 256 steps in the grotto right? Is there an EXACT amount I need to walk or is it just >256 so that the grotto populates?

All the other grottos are filled.
  13. shiny finder

It's really just >256, though I wouldn't do too much more. Iirc I just ran around the perimeter 8 times then ran out of the grotto. If you're sure everything else is right, then yeah I'd just try a different seed. I'd also say it's Timer0 trolling, but you said yours is really consistent (which is surprising itself! :P)
    astroshagger likes this.
  14. FrenchGaudi

FrenchGaudi

Hi there! Im HG SS right now and i play record movie to hit my seed but after i press A it changes the intitial seed is it normal? I don't know why but i d'ont know how to RNG anymore lol
  15. Exploits

Exploits

Was it possible to RNG the shiny Genesect from 2013? Cannot for the life of me figure out why it isn't working. Same seed works for other wondercards.
  16. Timey

Timey

Yes, though if I remember correctly the atk IV is fixed to 31, which changes how a seed's IVs work on it.
  17. Exploits

Exploits

Can somebody expand on this? This could be the problem.

Edit: Ok it seems it comes with 31 in atk AND speed. So how would I go about RNGing it?
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  18. LegoFigure11

LegoFigure11 :thinking:
    is a Community Contributor

This ought to help you:
    So basically, search for a 31/31/31/31/x/x seed and then hit the frame 6 before your target and you should get the result you're after.
    Edu likes this.
  19. Exploits

Exploits

Thank you, got it to work. But it's 6 frames after your target (your starting frame is -6 whatever RNG Reporter says).
  20. SteveKanonfreak

SteveKanonfreak

I know this was asked before but I can't find it.

Are the DS parameters (Timer0, etc.) cartridge specific or do they depend on the game?
    To be specific when I restart a game do I need to check for my DS Parameters again? (Black/White 2)
  21. LegoFigure11

Cartridge, so no - there's no need to recalibrate
    SteveKanonfreak likes this.
  22. MizugorouZ

MizugorouZ

Can somoene reupload the file for downloading RNG Reporter 9.96? There is no links anyway...
  23. LegoFigure11

24. MizugorouZ

MizugorouZ

25. Mattapod

Mattapod bad clarinet music

im having an issue with pprng 1.15.1 running on my mac.

the program opens and loads fine, however i find no matter what i do, any search i try to run i get the "the following search parameters are expected to return more than 10,000 results.." yada ya

also in the config window it wont let me set a max value for my V Frame.. no matter what i type in the box and hit ok, it disappears and then in the main window shows VFrame: 6 -

can anyone help with this?

edit: borrowed a PC because screw dealing with all of that ^
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Nelson Tangela likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)