Almost Any Ability ORAS Viability Rankings (another revamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry out of context but Lando-I is not banned in this meta?
No, it's allowed. It's listed under unbanned pokemon in the main thread's op, I suggest giving it a read for a full banlist/unbanlist :]
If you're wondering why it isn't banned, it's because in this meta anything can run LO Sheer Force and there's quite a few that do this job better than lando did; mainly due to having access to more coverage moves, having higher speed and special attack and dual stab boosted by sheer force. Examples of other sheer force users would be Gengar, Genesect, Shaymin S and even Latios/Raikou.

No, it's allowed. It's listed under unbanned pokemon in the main thread's op, I suggest giving it a read for a full banlist/unbanlist :]
If you're wondering why it isn't banned, it's because in this meta anything can run LO Sheer Force and there's quite a few that do this job better than lando did; mainly due to having access to more coverage moves, having higher speed and special attack and dual stab boosted by sheer force. Examples of other sheer force users would be Gengar, Genesect, Shaymin S and even Latios/Raikou.
You didn't even mention sheer force blissey :[

I'd just like to mention 2 pokemon I've been using for a while that have been really effective, Magic Guard Rampardos and Adaptability Exploud.
Magic Guard gives Rampardos a free day with Head Smash, and coming off of that monstrous 165 attack, he's going to be breaking walls and breaking them fast. Combined with Life Orb and you have one of the deadliest physical attackers concieved. Just note that you'll most likely be running Adamant to maximize power, so even with web support, base 100's will outspeed you.
That's where Specs AdaptaSploud comes in. With adaptability, Boomburst reaches a downright absurd 280 base power after STAB, the equivalent of being able to throw out constant special explosions with no downside that hit through subs and isn't crippled nearly as easily. Add Choice Specs for the single greatest wall breaker concieved. It literally OHKOs defensive Vaporeon, and also deals massive damage to resists as well. Pretty much ghosts or the specially bulkiest Rock or steel types can switch in to this thing, and even those pokemon will take SOME damage.
If these 2 get web support, they have the potential to massacre entire TEAMS due to their power.

I'd like to mention Sheer Force as a viable option on Tornadus-T, as it boosts its best STAB and essentially all the viable coverage options it needs: Hurricane, Heat Wave, and Focus Blast. Skarmory that aren't fully Specially Defensive are 2HKOed by Hurricane, and because of its excellent speed tier, it can hit fast and hard and U-turn out when necessary.

(To everyone who posts in this, please suggest a specific rank, like "Suicune from A+ to S Rank" or at least something of that sort, that would make this easier xP)

Up for discussion:

Garchomp
Landorus-T
Mega Swampert
Rampardos
Exploud
Here are my opinions; Exploud and Rampardos are extremely powerful nukes, but still require a ton of team support and are rather slow and easy to revenge kill. C Rank seems good. Can't offer too much input on Land-T or Chomp. Supporting MegaPert going down, basically for the reasons motherlove said. It was partially A- Rank before because MegaPert and regular Swampert were ranked together; anyways desolate land is suddenly really popular, and it really needs a full rain team to reach its full viability.

Still a bunch of pokemon from the list near the middle of the first page that haven't been ranked yet.

Outclassed. There isn't much reason why I would use exploud over something like latios, kyurem, skymin, heatran or other special nukes that aren't completely useless against offense. Exploud might be more powerful than most of them but for the moment I don't really see any important 2hko that exploud would do and that others won't.
meanwhile exploud has no way of damaging the most prominent special wall of the meta, chansey.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Exploud Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 202-238 (31.4 - 37%) -- 80.1% chance to 3HKO

Just taking a look at some other special nukes in the viability ranking.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Harsh Sunshine: 309-364 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 382-450 (59.5 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Kyurem Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 374-442 (58.2 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 190-224 (29.5 - 34.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock (essentially 40% chance to 2hko)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Chansey: 330-390 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (knock off)

Meanwhile all theses pokemons have a much higher base speed meaning they perform better against balanced / offense. And generally have more utility moves like trick, roost, healing wish, taunt, nasty plot...

Also, boomburst might be one of the most spammable move ever, exploud still has pretty low special attack.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Exploud Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 202-238 (31.4 - 37%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 238-282 (37 - 43.9%)
So Exploud is also outclassed as a hit and run nuke.

I'd put it in mid / low C rank because I think it fits the definition perfectly.
C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the AAA metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.
Rampardos is interesting because it's a terrible pokemon in every way exept for the fat that it has stupidly high attack and stab head smash. Is that enough to grant him a place in your AAA Team? Maybe.
Rampardos does have some really strong competition as a head smash user by Tyrantrum. The T-rex has a usable speed stat and access to dragon dance while also having higher bulk and a great secondary typing.
Quite frankly there aren't many 2hkoes that magic guard rampardos can do that tyrantrum fails to do. Meanwhile tyrantrum can put more pressure on offensive teams with dragon dance, adamant at +1 can outspeed base 115 iirc while jolly can outspeed everything up to Skymin (base 127). And the dragon typing gives him a 4X resist to fire meaning he can easily set up on victini (even switch on it) and proceed to murder the offensive team in front.
Rampardos does have rock polish but there's a clear difference in bulk.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 115-135 (37.5 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rampardos in Harsh Sunshine: 603-709 (180 - 211.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO a resisted move can kill 2 of them.
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 133-157 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rampardos: 233-274 (69.5 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
So more power for an overall crappyer pokemon.

But that's only the magic guard set, only peasants run magic guard. There's one thing that rampardos does better than any other and that's exploding the living shit out of anything in front of him.

FLY YOU FOOLS (Rampardos) @ Choice Band / Rock Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish / Pursuit / Fire punch

Banded adaptability stone edge is still stronger than life orb head smash meaning you have higher chance to 2hko intimidate skarmory (30% against 60% iirc). But banded adaptability head smash is WAY STRONGER than life orb head smash.
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 206-243 (49 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
Holy ducking fudge, do you see that? That's rampardos 2hkoing hippodown on a resisted move :o
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Rampardos Head Smash vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 151-178 (47.3 - 55.7%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
Nice S rank nerd.

I'm posting this set because I think that's the niche rampardos has in AAA. Still has competition from T-rex who has adaptability outrage and can pass chesnaugh with aerial ace. But who cares? Just blow shit up and have a good time.

Because of that, and the big wall of text I just wrote, I think this deserves C+ rank, it's niche and hard to use, but can be really effective.
EDIT: Since I talked about him.
Tyrantrum has a great offensive double type giving him two really strong stab moves in outrage and head smash.
He basicly has 2 sets, magic guard set up sweeper and adaptability + choice item. On the magic guard set, his typing grants him useful resists to flying, electric, normal and a double resist to fire. Tyrantrum can set up a dragon dance on some of the top tier mons like offensive skarmory (or any skarmory without whirlwind), zapdos, victini, curselax (since most of them carry crunch instead of eq now) or a choice locked gale wing mon (very low chance to 2hko without defensive investment). After a dragon dance, tyrantrum becomes a very threatening sweeper being able to 2hko unaware mons like suicune, skarmory and cresselia (if adamant) and capable of outspeeding. anything up to skymin (if jolly) or to starmie (adamant). At +1 it can 2hko close to everything with head smash, outrage or earthquake / superpower. Aerial ace is also an option to ohko chesnaugh althought outrage will do the trick most of the time. (+1 outrage 2hkoes hippo while eq doesn't ohko T-rex).
Adaptability + choice can be used as a hit and run nuke or a late game cleaner. He's a great victini switchin and can destroy something with banded adaptability outrage or head smash (if you're real). Or can run a scarf and pick off the enemy team late game when doublade or ferrothorn are gone.

He still has flaws, notably weakness to both -atespeed which can destroy his sweep and a severe case of 4mss. Since he'd like to carry superpower, earthquake, aerial ace and crunch for ferrothorn, non levitate steels, chesnaugh or leviblade respectively.

I'm not going to develop too much since he basically does everything I've said about rampardos but BETTER.

I've also run some defensive sets successfully. poison heal counters tinted lens entei and can switch reliably on phisical victini since he doesn't have a grass weakness. He also has access to stealth rock which is always a +.

At this point I think T-rex has more than a "notable niche" in AAA which is way I'd put it in mid / low B rank

Last edited:
I ran sand rush rampardos once, did pretty well. Sand rush fixes the speed issue and it has high powered STAB coming off a 160 base attack, it also has decent coverage options. I think it deserves a mention here.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I ran sand rush rampardos once, did pretty well. Sand rush fixes the speed issue and it has high powered STAB coming off a 160 base attack, it also has decent coverage options. I think it deserves a mention here.
You do realize without Magic Guard (or Rock Head if you want to grasp for straws) it can't use its nuke attack and you would be better off using something other than Rampy as your fast strongmon at that point

I actually didn't use head smash on the set, it was more of a wanting to use Rampardos on a sand team kinda thing. I just said that it could be an option.

Tyrantrum is usually a better option over rampadros as it's quite bulky on the physical side and has access to Dragon Dance. Rampardos actually takes band brave birds or fridgespeeds really badly. I'm not sure why it's completely unlisted here, because after a dragon dance it's VERY threatening.

I've actually used Technician Chomp a bit. I generally run Hone Claws / Dual Chop / Bulldoze / Rock Tomb. Dual Chop is essentially a drawback-free Outrage, while Bulldoze and Rock Tomb help to mitigate Garchomp's speed problem (given that there are a good deal of Scarfers and fast Megas, etc.) I think High B is fine for it, maybe even Low A.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I've actually used Technician Chomp a bit. I generally run Hone Claws / Dual Chop / Bulldoze / Rock Tomb. Dual Chop is essentially a drawback-free Outrage, while Bulldoze and Rock Tomb help to mitigate Garchomp's speed problem (given that there are a good deal of Scarfers and fast Megas, etc.) I think High B is fine for it, maybe even Low A.
Why wouldn't you run Swords Dance? Dual Chop has the lowest accuracy with 90%, but I don't think that is worth losing out on the extra power of Swords Dance just to make sure it always hits. For example, +2 Dual Chop is a guaranteed OHKO after Rocks on physically defensive Delta Stream Zapdos, whereas +1 only does max 72.3% (aka doesn't OHKO). +2 Bulldoze has a 50% chance to OHKO 252 HP Doublade after rocks, whereas +1 fails to. +2 Dual Chop is a guaranteed 2HKO on PhysDef Hippo, whereas +1 only has around a 30% chance to 2HKO. I think that you would be better off running SD, as in most scenarios, the extra power from SD is better than the accuracy boost.

Alright since there seems to be no more discussion, I'll implement these changes:

Mega Swampert - A -> B+ Rank
Garchomp stays B+
Landorus-T - Unranked -> B+ Rank
Rampardos - Unranked -> C+ Rank
Tyrantrum - Unranked -> B Rank
Exploud - Unranked -> C- Rank

I'm going to add an "unranked" rank to the op, since it would be a good idea to tackle the mons that haven't been ranked first.

EDIT: I also added a new rule to the OP, it's not mandatory, but it would make things much more organized and much easier to this thread.

Last edited:
Just like to say that Chandelure has potential as a extremely powerful Sheer Force wallbreaker. He doesn't have Gengar's speed, but with higher special attack and usable Fire STAB, Chandelure can decimate a large variety of pokemon, especially if helped by a Drought user. I'd say a set like this would be nice:
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Ability: Sheer Force, Item: Life Orb, Nature: Timid/Modest(Timid can outspeed offensive Heatrans, but Modest greatly increases your power)
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic/HP Fighting?

Fire Blast shreds many different defensive pokemon, having a good chance of OHKOing offensive Heatrans even without SR, and Shadow Ball complements it well, being able to kill off weakened threats without having to rely of Fire Blast's shaky accuracy. Energy Ball hits lots of pokemon that give Chandelure a hard time, like Suicune, Vaporeon, T-Tar, and Manaphy, and in general pokemon that take advantage of Chandelure's Fire typing. the last slot has a few options, like Psychic, another move that utilizes Sheer Force and hits Fighting and Poison types hard, or HP Fighting, which is useful for dealing with certain Dark types like Houndoom and again T-Tar who resist both of Chandelure's coverage moves.

Heres some damage calcs for ya:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 313-370 (96.9 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 140-168 (53.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(Meaning Chandelure can survive and kill with Shadow Ball)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 292-344 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Snorlax: 235-278 (47.2 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal(Still quite a lot of damage for hitting a Specially bulky pokemon)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 308-363 (72.8 - 85.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 337-398 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 391-461 (102.3 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO(No switch 4 U)
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Harsh Sunshine: 277-328 (43.1 - 51%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This will be a short post, since I'm tired but aesf told me to just post it. Anyway I'd like to see Golbat ranked, preferably in C or D. I haven't used it too much, as although it was pretty good, it didn't really fit my team, but it is really bulky and Delta Stream takes away most of its weaknesses (only Psychic stays), so it's harder to break than it looks. Does any of you have experience with it and what rank should it be, since I'm not sure right now. Anyway, I used a set with Roost, Haze, Super Fang and Defog, but Toxic, Brave Bird, U-turn and Taunt are all viable moves as well, so it should be able to fit in as a defensive pivot. I personally prefer using a Specially Defensive set, but I guess Physically Defensive could work as well, just don't go offensive... Stoppign weather is nice too.

Some calcs to show its bulk, while it may not be able to beat Knock Off Thundurus, nor appreciates being burned (but still beating with Haze), it's just to show what it can take:
+6 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 183-216 (51.8 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 93-109 (26.3 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat in Strong Winds: 84-98 (23.7 - 27.7%) -- 77.8% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat in Strong Winds: 109-127 (30.8 - 35.9%) -- 47.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Thundurus Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Golbat in Strong Winds: 153-182 (43.3 - 51.5%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO

return of bisharp?
yes
Absol @ Black Glasses
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

not much about this but would love to see absol in B or A. Its faster than bisharp and stronger with a wider movepool but has way less bulk
some calcs to show its devastating power
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 312-369 (93.4 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Absol Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 309-367 (92.5 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 211-248 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 361-426 (89.3 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO,unaware cro can switch in
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 282-333 (78.3 - 92.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 328-387 (86.3 - 101.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Azumarill: 242-285 (60.3 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

some crazy replays with it
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-252758332
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-252753555

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
Crawdaunt for D or Low C Rank.
Ability Options:
Unburden
- White Herb and Superpower

Powerful but risky sweeper, losing adaptability puts plenty of power at risk at the cost of a great speed and still amazing power. Crawdaunt has difficulty with Ate-Speed and is difficult to use because it requires you to pull of superpower. Overall Crawdaunt is pushed back by it's devastating flaws in defense and large vulnerability to Pixilate.

Also Heatran with Unburden and Air Balloon performs quite well. :3

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
OK, so I'm going to backup Unburden Heatran.

Heatran performs quite like it does with Air Balloon in Overused except now you have another perk, Unburden! Unburden allows you to perform sweeps because of the Stealth rock setup, ability to switch moves, fantastic speed and you also resist Ate-Speed while having a legitimate amount of defense and an awesome typing.
At first you may wonder why not just use Chlorophyll, because it's situational. The main perk about Unburden Heatran is that it doesn't need support nor does it get locked in a move and it still functions fantastically.

Okay, so there are three Pokemon that I use a lot in AAA that I'd like to discuss: Mega Alakazam, Heliolisk, and Conkeldurr.

I think Mega Alakazam belongs in C+ or C. While Trace is good for revealing and gaining the abilities of opponents, you can run it on lots of Pokemon, so it's not really very important. And while Mega Alakazam has very good Speed and Special Attack, it's extremely frail, and gets KOed by pretty much any Gale Wings or ExtremeSpeed User. However, its okay movepool and good offensive stats make it still somewhat useful. As for its ability before Mega-Evolving, I personally run Storm Drain, but that's only because I have two Fire-Types and no other Water resists on my team. I used to run Magic Guard, and that worked out pretty well too, so those are both options, with Magic Guard being more viable a majority of the time.

Heliolisk should be moved to at least B+. With Lightning Rod and Electrify, it can easily wall almost anything slower than it (Pokemon with mold breaker, priority moves, and/or substitute can get around it), which is a trait that makes it great for closing off games. It's also extremely great for forcing switches, because it walls so many Pokemon so effectively. As a bonus, it can hit pretty hard once its Special Attack is boosted.

Honestly, I think Conkeldurr should be A or A- rank. Currently in these rankings, Poison Heal and Tough Claws have been mentioned as potential abilities for it, but a SubPunching set with Magic Bounce is very good. The one I generally use is this one:

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

This set is amazing at defeating stall teams, but it's also really good in general. Magic Bounce allows you to force walls and/or leads to switch out, which allows you to set up a free Sub or even just go straight for the Focus Punch on occasion. And Focus Punch can OHKO or 2HKO a ton of the metagame.

For Absol, I've used this thing, fought against it, etc., and I'm honestly thinking Mid A right now because it's just that good. If anyone has any objections or any comments that would be great. Even though Absol is currently unranked, I'm hesitant to immediately put an unranked mon at A, even if it's that good. (tough claws > adapt though) Added to waiting list.

C- sounds good for a base nomination for Crawdaunt, don't forget it has Adaptability which is still good at wallbreaking. Added.

C+ is a good rank for Mega Alakazam to start at. Added.

Heliolisk has been discussed in the old thread, the main problems are that its speed tier isn't the greatest, dies to any priority, is very predictable, and doesn't have much power before boosts, and even then, is almost completely outclassed by Thundurus. It's fine where it's at.

Conkeldurr is good, but it really isn't exceptional, and a Magic Bounce set isn't enough to boost it up 2 ranks, at least as of now. Added to waiting list.

Linoone should be (imo) mid b or low a here is the reason why:

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

First Linoone is fast and he's also strong with belly drum. After linoone uses belly drum normal sitrus berry recovers 25% of you're HP, But with Cheek Pouch it restores 1/3 of you're HP if a pokemon eats a berry so his HP is then 98% which is that good. Play rough is a good move, Because fighting type are weak against. With the shadow claw is the high crit chance and a good move against gengar and aegislash (because they are resistance against fairy) which is not good. With Belly Drum, sitrus berry, cheek pouch and his speed he can OHKO Pokémon easliy.

Mid B/Low A is way too high of a rank.

1. This is possibly the biggest problem of them all: Linoone's not bulky enough to tank hits and set up vs offensive teams. It's not threatening enough to force switches vs defensive teams + defensive teams always carry physically defensive walls like doublade/whirlwind skarmory etc.
2. Unaware is a very common ability in balance and stall (sometimes in offense)

Adaptability/Tinted Lens/Scrappy could possibly be better alternatives because of hitting harder/hitting resists/hitting gengar which otherwise always beats it if it gets in for free.

D seems like and okay rank for it because linoone cannot do anything in the match if it can't get a belly drum up and it fits this desc perfectly
"D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the AAA metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it."

Mid B/Low A is way too high of a rank.

1. This is possibly the biggest problem of them all: Linoone's not bulky enough to tank hits and set up vs offensive teams. It's not threatening enough to force switches vs defensive teams + defensive teams always carry physically defensive walls like doublade/whirlwind skarmory etc.
2. Unaware is a very common ability in balance and stall (sometimes in offense)

Adaptability/Tinted Lens/Scrappy could possibly be better alternatives because of hitting harder/hitting resists/hitting gengar which otherwise always beats it if it gets in for free.

D seems like and okay rank for it because linoone cannot do anything in the match if it can't get a belly drum up and it fits this desc perfectly
"D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the AAA metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it."
Okay linoone does need a bulky support to get def and sp def up but still he could be strong but not bulky like rampardos, He's strong but not bulky at al so i do understand that linoone should be in D rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)