Alola Formes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, the good man Eevee General himself gave us the thumbs up (<3) so I'm going to explain some stuff.

Important Announcement! (But not the boring kind)

Alola Formes, due to being abandoned by its previous owners is under new management! So, here's your new council!

Rasdanation PlatinumBlad3 Boyeraj17 AquaticPanic Vanillish Wafer

The five of us will now be managing Alola Formes, so if you have any questions just hit one of us up! After this slate, we will be making a new thread called Alola Formes 2.0, carrying over all of the winning submissions from this version. The only difference is, we decided the council vote is boring and not nice. So, we're implementing a voting system!

The way this system works is you can vote for 3 submissions per Pokemon, with the first vote being worth three points, the middle vote being two and the last vote being worth one. You cannnot vote for yourself as the first or second vote. Here's an example.

Staryu line: User1, User2, User4

In this case, User1's Staryu submission gets the most points, and User4's gets the least.

Now, what you're all bursting with excitement for, the actual voting! I hereby declare VOTING PHASE OPEN! Vote for your favourite submissions! And remember, direct any questions towards a council member (because we love you, but no matter what the others say I love you more than them).

This slate's submissions start here and end just before this post.

Vanillish Wafer adding a new type allows the submission to double the moves gained. If replacing the primary type doesn't count I will fix my submission, although it may be difficult because it is hard to remove moves from Normal types.
You can double your moves gained if you make a single-typed mon a dual type. Since you kept Porygon one-typed throughout the line (pure Water), you're limited to only adding the amount you subtract. Although, if you like, you could add a secondary type and remedy this without needing to remove more moves.

Pika Xreme finish your submission!
AlexArthur you added more moves than you removed. Please remove some more or add less.
JES attack gap is a cruel thing. Yours is huge. Also, your Volcarona loses one stat point from its BST which is totally criminal.
Ludicrousity finish your submission!
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin you added more moves than you removed.

Sorry about the double post, only the first 5 tags in a post work unless you're a badgeholder.
JES's Volcarona actually does not lose 1 stat point. It simply fails to report the +1 to Speed.

Boyeraj17 you cannot create new abilities, so kickboxing will have to be replaced.
transwiththeplans attack gap exceeds 50, and you lack 2 parts of the 3 part line.
Ema Skye you have removed more moves than you have added, and your attack gap on Volcarona exceeds 50.

Whew, all done.
There's no rule against removing more moves than you add, only against adding more moves than you remove.

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can double your moves gained if you make a single-typed mon a dual type. Since you kept Porygon one-typed throughout the line (pure Water), you're limited to only adding the amount you subtract. Although, if you like, you could add a secondary type and remedy this without needing to remove more moves.
just leave mine out. got bored of this slate. sorry :'(

edot: And I replied to the wrong quote. derp... Sure I got my point across though

JES's Volcarona actually does not lose 1 stat point. It simply fails to report the +1 to Speed.

There's no rule against removing more moves than you add, only against adding more moves than you remove.

Will probably edit votes into this post later.
Thanks for pointing out JES's Volcarona!

And I phrased that the wrong way around with Ema Skye's submission. I meant added more than they removed. Sorry about the confusing wording ^.^;

Votes:
Larvesta line: Hourai, Ema Skye
Bidoof line: Ping_Pong_Along
Cottonee line: HotFuzzBall, AquaticPanic
Miltank: Squawkerz, The Squash
Porygon line: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin, exploudit
Cacnea line: P2X7, (and I don't have a second place vote but I'd like to vote myself as third place vote regardless if that's possible)

Oh, also? It's not strictly necessary, but I feel like pointing out that HotFuzzBall's Cottonee line has 1 less Ability than its normal form. (Normal Cottonee line has Prankster/Infiltrator/HA: Chlorophyll, yours has only Prankster/HA: Snow Cloak. Also, consider using Slush Rush instead of Snow Cloak as HA? It more closely replicates the abilities of the original 'mon, not that you necessarily care.)

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Ema Skye you have added more moves than you have removed, and your attack gap on Volcarona exceeds 50.
Unless I'm failing at counting, Larvesta lost 10 moves and gained 10 moves. Volcarona lost an additional 3 and gained 3 more.

I also didn't change the offensive stats so, from my understanding, the attack gap doesn't apply. It only says in the second post that I can't add to the higher stat.

Ema Skye

Work!
My votes:

Volcarona: Hourai
Miltank: Squawkers
Porygon-Z: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin
Whimsicott: HotFuzzBall
Bidoof: Ping_Pong_Along
Cacturne: Dark Mage Ewan

Pika Xreme finish your submission!
AlexArthur you added more moves than you removed. Please remove some more or add less.
JES attack gap is a cruel thing. Yours is huge.
Ludicrousity finish your submission!
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin you added more moves than you removed.

Sorry about the double post, only the first 5 tags in a post work unless you're a badgeholder.
Okay, then what do you suggest I shunt into Defense and Special Defense? I even removed one point away from Special Attack. I don't remember it being against the rules to shunt one lower stat so long as it wasn't to boost the higher one. Maybe remove from Special Attack even more?

Okay, then what do you suggest I shunt into Defense and Special Defense? I even removed one point away from Special Attack. I don't remember it being against the rules to shunt one lower stat so long as it wasn't to boost the higher one. Maybe remove from Special Attack even more?
Actually, Vanillish Wafer, JES is correct here. You can deduct from the lower attacking stat even if the gap is 50 or greater, but you cannot add to the higher attacking stat in such a case.
New stats: Net change must equal 0. No more than +/- 30 in any single stat. (You cannot increase a Pokemon's higher attack/defense if the difference between both attacks/defense is more than 50. For example, Tauros has an attack "gap" of 60 (100 - 40), so you can't add to its higher Attack stat. You can deduct from it, however, to put toward other stats.)
edit: Actually, as written the rule doesn't say anything about whether or not you can deduct from the lower attacking stat in such a case. It only says you can deduct from the higher stat even though you can't increase it. The rule doesn't seem to actually change anything with regards to the lower stat.

Last edited:
oh crap i forgot to finish Porygons

Pokemon: Porygon-Z
New typing: Grass / Ghost
New abilities: Trace / Water Absorb / Thick Fat
New stats: 80 / 135 / 70 / 80 / 70 / 100
New/removed moves:
- Magnet Rise, Discharge, Tri-Attack, Zap Cannon, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Charge Beam, Electroweb, Icy Wind, Hyper Beam, Defense Curl (13)
+ Power Whip, Wood Hammer, Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb, Giga Drain, Shadow Claw Mega Drain, Absorb, Astonish Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder (13)
Flavor/Design: Basically the same changes as Porygon.

phew

Vanillish Wafer I misread the OP regarding type changes, but I fixed my entry.

Votes:
Cottonee: AquaticPanic, HotFuzzBall, Poison Search
Porygon: Vanillish Wafer, Pika Exreme, Kaleidophoenix
Cacnea: Dark Mage Ewan,
Miltank: Squawkerz

EDIT: Also worked a little bit on my Google Sheets compilation with the canon Alolan forms. Not done yet. If any of the council wants edit access, let me know. :)

EDIT II: Finished inputting the canon Alolan forms. I want to look over a few things in the document, fact check, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)