Alphabet Cup

I love Assault vest Entei in this meta. So many people seem to underestimate it only to lose 2-3 mons against this beast.... I use
Entei w/ Assault Vest
Adamant
252 atk 232hp 24 spe
Sacred Fire
Earthquake
Stone edge
Extreme speed
People seem to forget that entei gets earthquake which it uses to devastating effect(Mostly against the Heatrans that KEEP switchin in). Also it can now use espeed without being locked with adamant so a scarf set seems plausable. All in all a great pokemon since it doesnt really need any boosts to spread mayhem. Safety Goggles/Lum Berry is also useable since it keeps gettin statused(Sleep from the Doublades/Salamences)

This thread seems to be focused on the letters B and S a lot, which I think is BS.

(insert 2 drums and a rimshot here)

In all seriousness, Rampardos. Rampardos has the highest base attack of all non-legendary non-mega evolutions. And now it gets Rock Wrecker and Rollout. When combined with a Life Orb, it can get off some serious damage, but when combined with a Wide Lens (yup, using a Wide Lens) and perhaps switched in on a Baton Pass with boosted Speed and Defense/Special Defense, you can get off all 5 hits of Rollout. The fifth one will have a base power of 480, which, when combined with STAB and the already high attack, can wreck practically anything. I don't have time to go to the damage calculator, but lemme be the first to say holy s***.

EDIT: Sans Wide Lens, the odds of Rollout hitting all 5 times is (9/10)^5, which comes out to...about 59%. Better than Sheer Cold, but that's not saying much.

Speaking of Sheer Cold, Lapras gets Lock-On. 100% accurate Sheer Cold is my kind of Sheer Cold.
Speaking of baton pass, if you want to baton pass into a strong sweeper, marowak and mawile is stronger, and have better bulk, why not try them?, they both have acess to prioity. I mean they aren't that good, but still better than wide lenz ramparos. Besides, baton pass teams gets ruined by thundurus.

On the topic of Thundurus, it's in like, every team in the ladder so lets talk about counters. From my experience, i find porygon2 one of the most reliable counters as it can trace parnkster, parting shot out or just ice beam, or even toxic/recover stall. with supporters like porygon2's help, sweeping is very easy. I use a core of doublade/porygon2/thundurus/wobba and bring two sweepers. I find it very effective

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To add on on to the BS line scary thought superpower shuckle with slack off stealth rocks and any thing else
Superpower Shuckle?
252+ Atk Shuckle Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 192-228 (70.8 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Scary...

didnt think that way but i meant as an uber physically attacking wall... Max hp max def.. plus attack boost contrary lefties and slack off

So when will the glitch get fixed? I used a storm throw/shell smash/sacred fire/shadow sneak BRELOOM for shits and giggles and it was legal....

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So when will the glitch get fixed? I used a storm throw/shell smash/sacred fire/shadow sneak BRELOOM for shits and giggles and it was legal....
I fixed it yesterday, but the fix only went live an hour ago when the server restarted. Let me know if you find any other glitches.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This meta has some of the greatest stallers in history. I had a 59-turn stall with a Heatran (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/alphabetcup-97226550). Just be prepared to take down walls (and make sure you're smart with your Topsy-Turvy users; my Thundurus was taken down too fast, which I believe lost me the battle).
Air Slash Aegislash? Really? Over Aeroblast?
And why did you keep using special attacks against Goodra?
Oh, and protip : never ever use anything else than Topsy-Turvy on Thundurus when he's facing a Pokemon with boosted Stats. You could predict he switch but it's way too risky. You should try to get as little damage as possible on Thundurus, and then sweep once all the stat boosters are gone if necessary.

I really need to try out a stall team with Cosmic Power Cresselia.

Air Slash Aegislash? Really? Over Aeroblast?
And why did you keep using special attacks against Goodra?
Oh, and protip : never ever use anything else than Topsy-Turvy on Thundurus when he's facing a Pokemon with boosted Stats. You could predict he switch but it's way too risky. You should try to get as little damage as possible on Thundurus, and then sweep once all the stat boosters are gone if necessary.

I really need to try out a stall team with Cosmic Power Cresselia.
1. Forgot about Aeroblast.
2. I actually don't know Goodra's base stat spread. I should probably Google it (I avoided physical moves due to the impending Gooey threat).
3. Thanks for the tip. Didn't think about that one.

And Cosmic Power Cresselia is awesome.

I'm just trying to be a devils advocate man :/ I mean aegislash is slow but air slash does have a chance to flinch.
tbh i find the argument of "don't run *insert move here*" because PP sucks!!!!!1!!!!" to be really stupid. outside of pressure pp stalling there literally isn't a downside to not run aeroblast, especially when it doesn't have the usual case of lower accuracy that makes people take flamethrower over fire blast and the like.

also the chance of running into a pressure mon is pretty low and if you do run into one your go-to move is shadow fucking ball because, idunno, 80*1.5 is greater than 100 and the only remotely common pokemon with pressure that resist ghost are absol (lol) and weavile, both of which die to aura sphere anyway. aeroblast's 8 pp is literally a non-argument because chances are you will never get to end up needing to use aeroblast more than eight times in a match.

True I'm just trying to diff reasons to use air slash I mean although I haven't seen it zapdos can stall out zapdos via subroost but this is trivial lets stop arguing about this.

geez i mean im just trying so reason with why aegislash can have air slash you dont have to be a dick about it...
Again, I just couldn't resist.
The humor, man. It's deep inside me.

On another note, has anyone tried out Crobat yet? It seems like it's got some decent potential with Close Combat + Brave Bird OR Cosmic Power + Roost. On the cosmic power set, it could also opt for a fast clear smog, or on the physical set, it has decent set up opportunities like Coil.

Also, are there any decent B mons that can abuse Belly Drum + Baton Pass?

I've found that Milk Drink Mismagius with Curse definitely works (at least for me) in this meta. I can get at least one of my foes cursed before I go down, and if I survive their attack with the HP I have left over, I can restore it with Milk Drink. I have on it Shadow Ball and Moonblast for coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)