[AMA] Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Timezone: GMT -7 (it is currently daylight savings time right now, and I'm terrible at keeping track of time, so this might not be correct)

Language: English / struggling to learn and speak French

Content Areas: Underused

Well-known Contribution: I'm frequently known for being kokoloko's workhorse, but am also known for having done a sizable handful of UU analyses.

Hobbies: Hockey has, and hopefully will be, my all-time favourite sport. I've predominantly played as a goalie at some lower "professional" levels, but have been forced into beer leagues and street hockey tournaments due to some injuries and suspensions. I've recently gotten into geology and mineralogy, due thanks to my classes at university (Raseri attends the same university as me! ^.^), and have this strange fascination with rocks and minerals. Music, specifically that of the alternate and alternate punk varieties, is my favourite way to pass time and forget about things. Currently undergoing an Angels And Airwaves kick.

I read a lot of comic books, and lately, I've really gotten absorbed by the Pokemon Adventures manga (just finished chapter 238 last night). It's amazing how great of a story can be made out of a children's video game. I'm trying to get back into the Pokemon TCG, as I used to religiously collect the cards when I was much younger. It hasn't been easy however, due to some slight monetary and time issues, but I'm hoping to one day play the TCG at a somewhat competitive level. Outside of those however, Smogon is my hobby. Whether its laddering, hanging out on IRC (you can find me at #mentor and #xyuu), or making posts in the underused subforum, I love being here.

Interesting Fact: My competitive Pokemon career began back at Serebii (I was known as Pokemazter3001 back then), where I became the 4th Champion of the Serebii Battle Frontier during my last days there. I was really bad at every metagame back then too, and I went 0-73-1 during my first two weeks on the scene.

Ah, Donc, tu parle en français? Magnifique!

Just kidding, just kidding.

Anyway, hi. Thanks for helping me out on the other thread.
My question: is there anyone around here who likes to play on the 3DS and not Showdown? Don't get me wrong; I like Showdown, but there's a certain thrill to playing in the actual game with the graphics and the music and all that stuff.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Mazz!

How did UU catch your attention?
Do you play other tiers?
Why did you become a mentor?
Am I alert spamming you? lol

Last edited:
Ah, Donc, tu parle en français? Magnifique!

Just kidding, just kidding.

Anyway, hi. Thanks for helping me out on the other thread.
My question: is there anyone around here who likes to play on the 3DS and not Showdown? Don't get me wrong; I like Showdown, but there's a certain thrill to playing in the actual game with the graphics and the music and all that stuff.
Uhh that'd be the WiFi forum you'd be interested in. There's trade and battle request forums, and if that's your forte, I recommend giving it a look see.

Hey Mazz!

How did UU catch your attention?
Do you play other tiers?
Why did you become a mentor?
Am I alert spamming you? lol
Back in mid generation five, UU had no weather setters, and getting out of the clusterfuck that was BWOU was just too good of an option.

In BW, I tried playing everything outside of doubles, other metagames, and VGC formats. I particularly enjoyed Ubers last gen, but haven't touched anything besides Underused and Middle Cup this generation.

I became a mentor for one reason, that being to help people in Underused get better at that tier. We've just recently seen a huge influx of new members, and asking staff can be intimidating, so having me there helps bridge the gap.

And not at all lol. Woke up today to 8 alerts. Makes me feel important haha :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)