Inactive Android client for PokemonShowdown #RequestInfoFromShowndownServer + #RecruitDevelopers

RainFountain TeToN I installed the .apk file and just one quick comment: during battles, can't you split the screen, so that the log would appear on the side? Perhaps the screen would be cramped then but it would be more convenient imo.

Awesome stuff otherwise, didn't get to test the teambuilder yet. Updated to battle using it!

(tech-related question lol: how would the updates be installed when you release them?)
We could for bigger screens, not sure how convenient it would be on little ones.
Updates will be installed though the play store i guess?
Don't test the teambuilder on that apk, it's horrendous! We will supply you guys with a new one soonish.

Once this has been completed, I second the notion for an iOS version. I'm sure that this could work for jailbroken users (since it likely won't be able to be submitted to the app store). I sure as hell would donate to see this happen, lol!
I don't have a Mac or an iDevice so it's gonna be hard for me, i don't know about RainFountain

We could for bigger screens, not sure how convenient it would be on little ones.
Updates will be installed though the play store i guess?
Don't test the teambuilder on that apk, it's horrendous! We will supply you guys with a new one soonish.

I don't have a Mac or an iDevice so it's gonna be hard for me, i don't know about RainFountain
Hey TeToN and RainFountain, I have been making iPhone apps in my spare time and can help with a ps client. Email is cindeselia -at mark- gmail.com so don't hesitate to ask!

I installed the apk and opened it but when I hit install, nothing happens:/ My phone acts as though I'm not even hitting install. But cancel button works just fine and the install button works with everything else. Can anyone help me?:/

just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job. The app is p cool and the first time I saw the moves i laughed ( stealth rock especially). keep it up :]

Been meaning to check the .apk out, finally got around to it. It's a great start, but I'm not sure going with landscape mode is the best idea for the layout; I can tell whoever set up the battle window especially had trouble figuring out how to fit everything. Have you checked out PO's app? It's not perfect, but it might give you some good ideas.

Also: I was unable to join any private channels with /join. I'm not sure if there's a way to join private channels and I just didn't see it, or if it's really not implemented yet.

Really glad someone is working on an android app, anyway. I personally know a lot of people who are dying for one. My Note 3 runs the normal in-browser client fine, but a lot of people don't have the luxury of a flagship device. I've always gotten the feeling that a big chunk of asian players especially, where smart phones are often viewed as primary computing devices, don't play on Showdown specifically because Showdown doesn't have an app for their phone. Really excited for PS to open up to those people when this app is feature-complete. :3

Do you have any plans for an IOS version? Or if not an IOS version made by another developer under the same name/dev team

Do you have any plans for an IOS version? Or if not an IOS version made by another developer under the same name/dev team
Here's a reply about this exact question on the same page as your reply:
This is being developed with AndroidSDK, so any iOS client would probably have to be built just about from the ground up independent to this from what I understand (which is, to say, very little).

This is being developed with AndroidSDK, so any iOS client would probably have to be built just about from the ground up independent to this from what I understand (which is, to say, very little).
ah my bad, skipped right to the bottom lol. I've recently come into a ton of free time so I was debating on attempting this

Been meaning to check the .apk out, finally got around to it. It's a great start, but I'm not sure going with landscape mode is the best idea for the layout; I can tell whoever set up the battle window especially had trouble figuring out how to fit everything. Have you checked out PO's app? It's not perfect, but it might give you some good ideas.

Also: I was unable to join any private channels with /join. I'm not sure if there's a way to join private channels and I just didn't see it, or if it's really not implemented yet.

Really glad someone is working on an android app, anyway. I personally know a lot of people who are dying for one. My Note 3 runs the normal in-browser client fine, but a lot of people don't have the luxury of a flagship device. I've always gotten the feeling that a big chunk of asian players especially, where smart phones are often viewed as primary computing devices, don't play on Showdown specifically because Showdown doesn't have an app for their phone. Really excited for PS to open up to those people when this app is feature-complete. :3
Cant join private channels yet iirc.
My note 2 has troubles accesing the web client (it's barely playable), so that's why i joined the team. (Also learning Android for work)

Someone said to me that ORAS sprites have arrived, so you guys are obviously working hard on the app, good luck for all work !
I wish I could help, but I know nothing to development ^^'

Someone said to me that ORAS sprites have arrived, so you guys are obviously working hard on the app, good luck for all work !
I wish I could help, but I know nothing to development ^^'
Not sure about the sprites, but we were waiting for them.

Battling is now possible (only singles on my branch), but it's not looking very good yet!
I know we have a guy working on replay implementation.
So it's looking good so far, jsut need holidays to start to roll.

Help will be needed probably for testing, I'll see what i can do

Last edited:
Not sure about the sprites, but we were waiting for them.

Battling is now possible (only singles on my branch), but it's not looking very good yet!
I know we have a guy working on replay implementation.
So it's looking good so far, jsut need holidays to start to roll.

Help will be needed probably for testing, I'll see what i can do
Can't wait to test it, pal. Hope joining private chatrooms is implemented soon, too. May seem weird, but that's what I'm most excited for.

That's accurate, they use different SDKs with different languages (IIRC Android is Java based while iOS is Objective-C or Swift) and it would be harder to get it on the iOS store. Any attempt at this would have to be a completely separate product.

Hey guys, Im optimistic about the progress of the app. Another beta version with battling option will be released on 1/1/15. After one week of testing, Ill release it to the Play Store. Stay tuned!

Update: as promised, here's one with functioning 1v1 battle. I'll update tomorrow with another version with better User interface and support for doubles and triple. Sorry guys unforeseen circumstances set me back a couple of days

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2I090TojaggTlVVUTQxT2l1bTA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Hey guys, Im optimistic about the progress of the app. Another beta version with battling option will be released on 1/1/15. After one week of testing, Ill release it to the Play Store. Stay tuned!

Update: as promised, here's one with functioning 1v1 battle. I'll update tomorrow with another version with better User interface and support for doubles and triple. Sorry guys unforeseen circumstances set me back a couple of days

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2I090TojaggTlVVUTQxT2l1bTA/view?usp=sharing

I am a budding android dev if your still looking for people

Happy new year guys.

if you havent seen, an APK is available two posts up ^.
We're still testing doubles/triples and the rest but it looks pretty good so far :)

Can anyone tell me how to use the damage calculator?
All I've been ble to do is choose the moves for each Pokemon :[
You can change the Pokemon, its stats and everything else if you tap on the pokemon. Tapping the master ball will switch the two pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)