Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 97 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

This round will end on July 12.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Last edited:
Username: ScoobyDoom

PO/PS! Username: Scolopendridae

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) 7:00PM – 12:00 AM (Though my schedule is incredibly flexible now that summer is here)

What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2015

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a 19 year old college student looking to get better in the VGC 2015 format. I haven’t played Pokémon in quite a while, but fell back in love after watching Cybertronproduction’s videos. Since then, I have played VGC almost exclusively and would love to play in live events.

Username: ChaosTwilly
PO/PS! Username: C9 DRM2K
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST. Usually available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday anytime other than 2-6pm. Usually available Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old guy, and I enjoy watching anime or browsing Netflix. I'm also a pretty casual gamer; I mostly play Pokémon, though, and I'm really into it. In my free time I like talking to my friends or listening to music.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, but I prefer Skype over IRC.

Username: Landsknecht
PO/PS! Username: Landsknecht
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Atlantic Standard Time. Normally available in the late afternoon, but I can work with other times.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 24 and currently studying Information Technology. I am interested in battling, and am a competitive person by nature. I hope that this program will provide a good starting point.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: FredTheTank
PO/PS! Username: FredTheTank
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:4pm-9pm GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: Vgc 2015
Tell us a little about yourself:I love to battle in Vgc 15, I took part in Nationals this year and look to go further in the next few years.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes (Skype)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: GobiGobi
PO/PS! Username: Gobi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, available every day bar tuesday, wednesday and friday afternoon my time
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started to play at the beginning of XY, and I was quickly interested by the DPP tier that I find more balanced than others, with still a kind of freedom while building.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, prefer skype.

BKC agreed to take me as a tutee.

Username: LetMeShine-
PO/PS! Username: Holiano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, I'm available everyday without troubles.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play since end of dpp, but i have never play decently on this tier, so i want to learn it. DPP looks like a tier where we can play a lot of things, and this is why I really want to learn it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC and Skype, yes.

Tricking agree to be my tutor, we have talk like 2 days ago about this round.

Username: Raticake
PO/PS! Username: VVeiland
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC +8, After 3pm Weekdays, Weekends whenever.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC (2015 doubles)
Tell us a little about yourself: Love my sports, and have a diploma in Music.

Username: dieyou44
PO/PS! Username: Alderic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12-3 any day PDT
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a college student i love animal and pokemon. i played pokemon since the release of the original pokemon red. i love teambuilding (even though i suck at it)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I have a skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: deoxys speed
PO/PS! Username:deoxys speed lol
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific standard time. I can pretty much do any time during the day because I don’t have a set schedule.
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m going to be a senior this upcoming school year. I’ve played basketball, football, and I’m planning on doing track this year. I play smogon doubles primarily but I want to get into other tiers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes to both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes :p

Username: Jariibo
PO/PS! Username: Jariibo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 1PM-4PM and 7PM-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 19 hobbies football (soccer), I am really interested in NU. I am decent but need a boost in it
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mambo
PO/PS! Username: Mambo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, all the time
Tell us a little about yourself: All-star RBY player for US West
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Of course

Tokyo Tom has agreed to tutor me for this round

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Posting for Snowy.

Username: Snowy.
PO/PS! Username: SnowyDoe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: AEST (GMT +10) 5pm-onwards everyday
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 year old university student studying sport science, have been playing mons a while now and wanted to learn some more about ORAS OU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: -Voltage-
PO/PS! Username: Jenn Brown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 CDT, Generally all days after 1PM Central
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or ORAS UU depending on availability
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m going to a be a senior in high school and since I have an entire summer to kill, I might as well get good at mons. I’m decent at OU, but I’m looking to get that extra push to be EVEN better. Of course I’m also totally willing to learn new things too since just playing one tier can get a little old.

Username:AGuyWithPants
PO/PS! Username: AGuyWithPants
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +5:30 GMT. Im usually available from 9 AM to 1 AM my time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive been playing on Showdown on and off for nearly a year now. I had to take breaks due to exams but now Im free and would like to spend some time to learn more about competitive battling. I consider myself a decent player but a very poor teambuilder. That is something that I want to improve through this program.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes. I can use Skype.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: TONE114
PO/PS! Username: TONE114
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Weekadys(2 PM - 11 PM), Weekends(6 PM - 12 AM)
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently in college getting my Bachelors in Mathematics, but am currently on summer vacation. I play Pokemon during my free time, but want to get a better feel for the meta and get more into competitive battling during my down time. I'm also Co-Owner of the Challenges room and Moderator in the PU room. Overall, I'm a chill person and easy to get along with.

Username: 3RROR404
PO/PS! Username: 3RROR404
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST available most of the time during the summer. On weekdays, I am online after 5PM EST. For most of my waking hours on weekends, I am PS.
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student majoring in Music and Interdisciplinary Studies for English and History. I have just recently started playing competitive Pokemon, and I would like to improve overall as a player; I hope to amass enough knowledge to one day be able to teach this tier to others. I enjoy reading and writing and casually play Chess.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype username: Marquisof0; I can get IRC if needed.

Serapis

Losing my way to Victory
Username: Serapis
PO/PS! Username: Serapis of the VGC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 1-9 PM, most days
What tier do you want to learn?: RU
Tell us a little about yourself: As my PS! username suggests, I primarily play VGC. I'm currently working in the Competitive Tutoring Room as a Driver, and at the moment the room is a little lacking in people with knowledge of the lower tiers, RU in particular. After participating in several test battles, I'll admit the tier interests me, but I'm a little lost as to where to start considering that most of my VGC Pokemon knowledge isn't transferable. (I HAVE played singles before, but only OU in any seriousness)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes (Skype, preferably)Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: fredrick1
PO/PS! Username: fredrick1,bobdragon, and other relevant alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+7, Available throughout the day since its holiday.
Tell us a little about yourself: Aspiring pokemon player. Motivated to become better I guess.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yep
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

1. Username: SilverWhiteBlue
  2. PO/PS! Username: SilverWhiteBlue
  3. Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+2 , from 8 am to 12 am, from 2-4 pm to 10 pm . Very flexible so I can stretch if needed
  4. What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
  5. Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 years old and goin into summer. hobbies include football(soccer) and playing the guitar. Real big anime fan (favorite is naruto shippuden) and same with videogames. I love pokemon and already have decent experience so I wont be startin from 0, but I definitly could use improvement.
  6. Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype
  7. Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: W2S
PO/PS! Username: Wait2Seconds
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, avaible for the month
Tell us a little about yourself:I play since the middle of bw2 and i'm a big fan of this gen, i'm also french 18y-old soon and i really want to be better in oras ou because before i don't play that much in this tier before
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, yes.

TheEnder agreed to tutor me!

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mr. Uncompetitive
PO/PS! Username: Mr. Uncompetitive
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is EST. Since I just graduated high school I have a decent amount of free time and am really flexible. I prefer sometime from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM but as long as it’s not in the range from 12:30 AM – 3:30 AM I think I can make it work.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2015
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm some nerd who started doing grammar stuff in C&C and used to be a half decent BW2 Ubers player. I’ve been having some issues shifting from singles to VGC, but I the format is a lot of fun and I want to play it at live tournaments seeing as the college I’ll be going to in the Fall is in a pretty big city.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can certainly do either, though I prefer IRC and I will not turn on my camera if using Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do.

Username:Stall Hater
PO/PS! Username:Stall Hater
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +1, all day tbh
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 19 year old from Poland, currently on summer break and I want to learn how to build.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Username:pelipperr
PO/PS! Username:pelipperr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PST,most nights and late afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself:Just want to diverse my mons resume
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes
Christo the gr8 agreed to tutor me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)