Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username:Sapientia
PO/PS! Username: Sapientia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Played mons seriously until DPP OU and slacked off later. Would like to learn new metagames
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Holiano
PO/PS! Username: Holiano/LetMeShine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, availability all week end and a lot of day
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 yo, i'm playing since 3 yo, i had begin on PO under the username "Louna", I only play low tier since bw, but I want to learn OU because i'm too bad in this tier, but I know basical thinks.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: HeiDoe
PO/PS! Username: SnowyDoe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: AEST (GMT +10) 5pm-onwards everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 year old university student studying sport science, have been playing mons a while now and have decided to go back and become better at dpp OU.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Username: jacob
PO/PS! Username: jacob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: all day im a loser
What tier do you want to learn?: dpp ou
Tell us a little about yourself: im a 18 y/o high school grad that sits at home all day and plays cs:go, also I taught Genesis7 all he knows
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype

Username: brokenwings
PO/PS! Username: brokenwings
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, any time after 1PM usually
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU or BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who likes playing Pokemon sometimes. Really want to learn DPP or BW OU because I'm terrible at them and they seem like fun metagames

Smogon username: http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/esidisi%
PS! username: Esidisi
Tier you'd like to learn: ORAS RU
Time of abvailability: 4-9pm UTC -5
Tell use a little about yourself: I'm a highschooler from SA who really likes videogames and 70's rock. This is my first time trying out this apprentice program thing. :3
Do you have access to Skype and IRC: I'm more familiar with skype
Are you familiar with the blacklist: yes

Last edited:

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: davidTheMaster
PO/PS! Username: davidTheMaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +1
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 15 years old boy who has a great passion, I learn quickly
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ofc

Username: PureAmbition
PO/PS! Username: BlazingAmbition/PureAmbition
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-3 GMT Montevideo ill be free this month so mostly all day and some nigths
What tier do you want to learn?:Oras OU or Oras UU but preferably Ou
Tell us a little about yourself:23 yo, born and living in Uruguay of course spanish speaking but english i can handle nicely. Been around smogon for a few months now, even got tutored for LC!. But i want to learn the more competitive OU to get better at my teambuilding skills that i feel is where i come short
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yep skype is preferred but raidcall its my favored choise
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yep

Username: darkrai147
PO/PS! Username: darkrai147
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Most weeknights from 8-11 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 19, I'm a second year Computer Science major, and I love to play 'mons in my spare time.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

BKC agreed to tutor me this round :o

Username: Swagazz

PO/PS! Username: Swagazz

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1. Available times: Tue ~20.00-23.00, Wed ~20.00-23.00, on/off on weekend days(and nights).

Tell us a little about yourself: Calm and friendly 18-YO Swedish male. Played OU a bit during BW, took a break, and been playing more OU during ORAS. Looking to further my knowledge and strategic ability.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Experienced with skype, can probably figure IRC out. Also own TS and Mumble.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited:
Username: RedKingAlmighty
PO/PS! Username: RedKingAlmighty
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8,usually on weekends and wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just working my way through highschool, i like Soccer, Math and Wednesdays. I play pokemon during spare time or in class.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use IRC. Chromebooks don't do skype without electrical fires (or this one anyway).

Username: Duncajuwon
PO/PS! Username: Duncajuwon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, 5pm after on weekdays, any time on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Freshman in high school, played pokemon for about 1 year. I think i'm a fairly average battler, but I would like to improve my skills.

Last edited:
Username: Lukethehedgehog
PO/PS! Username: 2reddy4freddy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ART, 20:00-22:00, with a short break to have dinner. On weekends, I can stay for another hour.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitive about 9 months ago. I recently lost interest in OU and wanted to try something new.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep.

IronBullet, remember that King UU agreed to tutor me.

Welcome to Round 96 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

KhosroTheGreat 93 - 96
ElementofSmash 93-96

To be updated

This round will end on May 25.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Attachments

Username: Teremiare
PO/PS! Username: Teremiare
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 4-11 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Love Physics and Astronomy, Music, technology in general and I love to play mons in my spare time.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: StarmeiTheGod
PO/PS! Username: Starmei
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt +1, weekdays 4-10pm, weekends longer
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: driver in comp tutoring, best player in the game, nothin but a god
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype preferably but both

Username: Snyrock
PO/PS! Username: Snyrock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Anytime of the week from 6 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 24 and I just gratuated from college. I like to play all kind of videogames, read and watch TV series.

Username: DaSpoofy
PO/PS! Username: DaSpoofy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Chicago Time Zone, Im on a lot but you can find me the most around 5pm to 11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a try hard at everything I do. I ran XC and went to state both freshman and senior year. I set the hang clean record at my school during XC season. Unfortunately I spend too much time trying to get good at this game. Oras UU is my favorite but I want to learn other UU metas for UUPL.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do indeed

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Xylen
PO/PS! Username: Xylen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, Flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 15 Y/O Singaporean that is bad at mons. Eyan smells n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: ya
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ya

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Was skipped two rounds ago, took off tutoring to learn a new tier

Username
: Zamrock
PO/PS! Username: Zamrock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All Day
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: In college. Play ball. I love to fight.

Username: AsIWroteThePaper
PO/PS! Username: AsIWroteToThePaper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Wednesday 4:30-8:00 EST. Friday + Weekends 11:00-9:00 EST
Tell us a little about yourself: I really enjoy playing competitive pokemon and I can call myself a mediocre player although I have been playing a decent amount of time so I would like to be tutored to be the best that I can be (I know that line sounds cheesy)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC would be best but I also have Skype if necessary.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes.

Username: JuniBoy
PS! Username: JuniBoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Available at any hour
Tell us a little about yourself: Well like I said before in previous rounds, I wanna become a mentor and help this community in the tutee program, so before that I wanna know every tier well and how each tiers work, I already took LC tier and just want to keep learning tiers until I get to Ubers, I still have problems creating teams and distributing his evs and need to learn a little bit to fight competitive.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both but skype better.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I've been there not gonna happen again.

IN ROUND 92 MY NU MENTOR WAS ALWAYS BUSY, I JUST TOOK ONE SESSION WITH HIM

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Username: Shrug
PO/PS! Username: Shrug
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; usually after 7 pm weekdays and most of Sundays
Tell us a little about yourself: LC player on here mostly, looking to get into OU as it's a giant meta but an important one. Wrestler and lax player, Big L fan, likes to play pokemon i guess
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, IRC

Username:Pillowswine
PO/PS! Username: Pillowswine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: every-week-day post 7:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: UBERS
Tell us a little about yourself: Started competitive pokemon a week ago, mainly play OU and thats it. i've always wanted to learn UBERS but have no idea what its like.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype is best :)

Username: Meteordash
PO/PS! Username: Meteordash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekends and and weekdays around 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Mainly an ORAS OU player and getting into the lower tiers such as RU and NU is quite appealing to me because both tiers are p fun. I have an ok-ish humor and I'm pretty approachable. And ofc I play pokemon.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yea, Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)