Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Battle Spot Singles (VGC DISCONTINUED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Vc Altaria
PS! Username: ublt1/we ceca
What format do you want to learn: VGC 2018
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability:
Monday to Friday after 7pm, Weekends after 10am (in my timezone)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started my competitive pokemon journey since BW2. I played Dream World OU on Pokemon Online with my favorite pokemon genesect. I left the game for about one year and I came back playing ubers in ORAS and reached #1 on the ladder (1800+ elo) with a standard offense team. I picked up OU in middle of SM and I built a successful team which helped me to reach 2011 elo. I bought a 3DS recently but I'm not familiar with the VGC tier and doubles metagame. I think this metagame is quite hard to get started compared to single formats. So I want to start learning from basic skills and knowledge.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, Prefer Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: YES

Reactions: fsk
assigned to Solerme

Username: Devilican
PS! Username: Ika Ika Musume
What format do you want to learn: Any tier is fine
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-24 GMT
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Ive played pokemon since gen 1 RBY, not played much of competitive, about 50 games or so over 3-4 accounts played random battles, OU, UU and PU as well as some cartridge stuff. Im happy to learn any tier. Ive watched some poketuber videos, probably about 10-12 hours worth, looking to up my game. Sorry for not longer message, playing civ v atm.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes both ( on the discord and can give my skype if needed)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

cielbakasan

Banned deucer.
assigned to Solerme

Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: i'm free all day , 16/17:00 on week and i'm free week end ^^
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played competitive pokemon for 1 year. I have peak #9 on sm ou and i know a little the low gen (UU,RU ^^ ). Now I want to learn the only tier I never played, vgc18
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: theskycraftuniv2
PO/PS! Username: theskycraftuniv
Your timezone: Central time or gmt -6
Usual Hours of Availability:4-9:30 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):Used to play vgc during 2015, 2016 and 2017. Have Played Pokemon in general for a long time. Know the in's and outs of the games but need that last push so i can get into regionals. i've played around 800 games including all formats.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:yes able to use both but prefer discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Username: Mephistophalo
PS! Username: Quotenasiate
What format do you want to learn: BS Singles
Your timezone:
GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability:
none
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
competitive PKMN since 2012, VGC offline tours since 2015; srsly I'm not a greenhorn, I just want to improve at BSS.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ATTENTION: VGC tutoring has been discontinued for the foreseeable future, and this thread will only accept BSS applications from now on. Jio will try his best to accommodate everyone here who has signed up for VGC but hasn't been paired yet as long as you aren't dead on the forums. No promises though, as he is currently our only VGC tutor and has a life on top of that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I can't provide resources for things that don't exist atm.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
assigned to Solerme

Username: 1_TrickPhony
PO/PS! Username: 1_TrickPhony
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings on weekdays, various times on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing super casually around BW, I found out I was shit but was able to cheese my way into top 10 of ubers at one point. It was a weak format at the time, and wasnt representative of my skill level, I was unable to break into any significant ladder rank on OU. Didnt really play much outside of random casual amounts in other gens (aside from a brief spurt in ORAS). I got back into pokemon after getting a 2ds and a friend of mine told me about BSS. I made a couple of competitive mons but then realized I could just play this on Showdown instead. Played the BSS format briefly then got back into OU, and became a pretty decent player (chillin in the 18XXs in elo). Now that its summer and I have more time, Id like to relearn BSS the right way. Whoever picks me up will get a talented student who is ready to learn and willing to make mistakes and improve on them. I also love teambuilding more than playing, and would love to get better and theorycraft with my mentor!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, skype if needed
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yup

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Soothing Deoxys
PS! Username: deoxysxx
What format do you want to learn: (Ultra if possible) SUMO Battle Spot Singles
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -6 hours (Central Standard Time)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Weekends 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I tried to get into competitive Pokemon in Gen. 5 but didn't really have the time for it. I finally got into it during Gen. 6 which is mostly due to the new breeding mechanics. I haven't played in a while but I usually played UU/OU on Pokemon Showdown.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I'm able to use Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Devilican

Username: TheJ3estPenguin
PS! Username: TheJ3estPenguin
What format do you want to learn: USUM Battle Spot Singles
Your timezone: GMT-6
Usual Hours of Availability: during the day, varies because of school, and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive back in 2016 when i joined showdown and have played lots of tournaments. I would like to get better at teambuilding in BSS and know some good people in the BSS room. I don't think I'm too good at BSS because i don't seem to be able to break 1200. I was in the top 100 of the Gen 6 AG ladder before it was deleted. I peaked in ubers in the top 100 too.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

assigned to Solerme

Assigned to Jio

Username: Scribls
PS! Username: Scribls
What format do you want to learn: VGC 2019
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: M-F After 6 PM PST, Weekends Noon - 8 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been dabbling in VGC for the last few years attending a few premier challenges and a regional along with participating in online competitions. I also will randomly ladder smogon tiers on occasion but nothing too intense. Just started playing VGC 2019 more seriously in the last week building and playtesting a team to play in the international challenge. I ended up going 19-10 with an ELO around 1620 (not great but about what I expected going into it).
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord or Skype works for me

assigned to Ika Ika Musume

Username: Massivedestruction
PS! Username: Massivedestruction
What format do you want to learn: usum Battle spot singles
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday to Friday(4:30pm-10pm) / Saturday to Sunday( 2pm-10pm)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i start in pokemon competitive in the end of XY, i usually play hispanic tours. I consider myself decent in sm ou / sm nu / oras ou / bw ou , i have no idea what is battle spot singles but I think it would be good and fun to learn to play that tier
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Username: Cornerius
PS! Username: Cornerius
What format do you want to learn: BSS
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: 12 AM - 8 PM all days in week
I have played competitively on Pokemon Showdown since 2015. I have much knowledge in most formats and BSS is one of my favorites.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord (No voicechat)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

assigned to Ika Ika Musume

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Username: Algeria
PS! Username: Algeria4Ever
Your timezone: Gmt +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime except during morning my time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2015 and joined Smogon later to be better. I was only playing OU but I want to diversify and I want to learn it cause it's a nice tier with a lot of Pokemon i'm familiar with and it really seems fun to play it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to Ika Ika Musume

assigned to Solerme

Username: hockeykid33
PS! Username: hockeykid33/hockey1
Your timezone: Gmt -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime except during morning my time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):Been playing competitive pokemon for a little but never been able to get to that next stage and would love the experience. I play a lot of tiers and am decent at them but not exceptional.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
discord and skype

Assigned to: Ika Ika Musume

Username: TectonicDestroyer
PS! Username: TectonicDestroyer
Timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: Uh... I see you a lot, but my afternoons are probs best. Weekends I'm more free.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started pokemon way back in 2018, and I would like to think that I've at least learned a bit >.< I main OMs for now, hitting a 5-1 in OMPL, but Ive started wanting to play standard tiers more. In terms of normal tiers, Ive had some knowledge in BSS, but I still got knocked out of BSS Classic Round 1. I'm doing slightly better in the semifinals, but Im seriously restricted by knowledge of the meta. BSS seems very intriguing to me, and I've had a lot of friends playing it, so I decided to start. Not owning a DS kinda sucks, so I have somewhat limited knowledge in how to play BSS.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)