Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to CKW

Username: a fruitshop owner
PO/PS! Username: a fruitshop owner
Your timezone: est
Usual Hours of Availability: 10-4 weekdays; weekends dont have a definitive schedule
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started with BW OU not very good been playing for about 4 years now on and off. Played ORAS quite a bit along with the early SM OU played and won OUPL. After this I stopped playing OU and moved down to lower tiers mainly ZU which I have played since. Now as the generation is ending I want to see what the meta has settled out to be.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

ckw agreed to tutor me

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Jordy

Username: P.kaCHEW
PO/PS! Username: P.kaCHEW
Your timezone: gmt +8
Usual Hours of Availability: free most of the time daily cause I've only got 1 class a day this semester lol.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started way back in 2015 ORAS, but only played occasionally, been playing pretty often from end of 2017 till now. Played several tiers, NU, OU and UU, mainly played mostly UU but I've been transitioning into OU over the past month or so since the Uu metagame has become rather stale for my liking. Likes playing offense, dislikes stall but might occasionally use it. Uses ass mons for the sake of it sometimes. Peaked at 1600s on UU and so far am at 1400s on OU
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, but I'm okay with Skype too
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea, kinda

assigned to Jordy

Username: weakermaker
PO/PS! Username: weakermaker
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm free most of the time, I have a flexible schedule.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started PS! with the 7th gen. I discovered it one year ago. I have been playing SM OU for one year now and I need to step up. Besides I improved my ingame and my building a little bit, I didn't really go far in solo tournaments like OST (2nd round). I would love to do team tournaments (smogon ones or not) but my level is way too average for me to dare applying somewhere. I rised untill 1400's on the SMOU ladder, but I'm rollercostering between 1200's and 1400's. I'm curently on the way down.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, even if I feel that Discord would be more appropriated.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, in a nutshell it's a matter of activity.

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
assigned to Jordy

Username: Hiro'
PO/PS! Username: HiroZ
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm most likely available all day and I can stay late at night if needed since i'm on vacation right now.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I joined Smogon in 2015 but I created my first PS! account in mid-2014. I have kinda always played for fun, playing mostly OU with friends and I guess that's how I "improved". Then i dropped the game for my studies which took all my time during 2 years but I came back on Smogon in late 2018. Since then I've been watching STs, Classic & WCop with great attention and it motivated me to play again. The thing is, when I started to play on PS! it was the end of XY era and the beginning of ORAS and I left most likely when SUMO came out. Thus I tried catch it in flight but I'd like to invest in SUMO OU even more.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

Alumn

Sukcesu cena
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Alumn
PO/PS! Username: Alumn
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually at night (18:00-22:00) but I'm on vacation so it will be easier.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began playing in late 2018 (september-october). I was playing for fun on ladder, I tried to perform on ST and other tours but it didn't end very well for me. I would like to be better in gen7OU because I really enjoy playing this tier.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to Diophantine

Bomb Voyage

Banned deucer.
Username: Bomb Voyage
PO/PS! Username: BombVoyageTheBrave
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings work best, but I can adapt to any time really. School is starting from August 19th but that won't affect my playing hours.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to be a huge fan of Gen 4 OU, back when Shoddy Battle was a thing, but then I tried out other tiers every gen. I enjoyed Gen 5 OU and weather wars, as well as XY OU and stopped playing OU after ORAS. Now I specialize mostly in OMs and AG but would like to learn the main tier from someone experienced before this gen ends. I am familiar with team building competitively and have watched many games on Blunders channel and really want to give OU a go.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord Only

Edit: Updated a few descriptions and added current hours of availability.

Assigned to CKW

Last edited:
Assigned to: CKW

Username: NoSeLlama
PO/PS! Username: DeretchoDonde?
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: From Mondays to Thursdays I'll be available 8pm to 12pm. Saturday and Sunday I'll be available from 12am to 3pm.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing since 2013, I'd say I've got a lot of experience, but I've never been able to become that great, so I'd like some practical advise on how to improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Assigned to: TPP

Username: Decem
PO/PS! Username: Decem
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: After school when I get home, late evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Monotype for a while ever since I really got into competitive Pokemon. I've been wanting to get into OU for quite a bit but don't really know where to start so it'd be good to have someone to help me. My playing is also a bit rough, so that's an area I want to work on as well.

Username: Mr. Quark
PO/PS! Username: quark
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: weekday afternoons typically
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been messing around on PS for going on 7 years off-and-on, but I've only started competing in the last couple months. I used to play OU in ORAS in low ladder with random garbage, but since coming back to mons, I've focused on learning Ubers, and in my first month back, I got to top 3 and 1800+ on the Ubers ladder, got to semis in a circuit tour, got to semis in the USM Ubers live tour, and am currently competing in the Ubers Majors circuit tour, in which I have a record of 1-1, with my win being against a multiple-time UPL player. I really want to branch into OU and learn SM OU properly, and while my mons fundamentals are there, I'd appreciate some guidance to become familiar enough with the metagame to where I'll be able to start doing as well in OU tours as I have been in Ubers tours.

Username: ant4456
PO/PS! Username: ant4456
Your timezone: GMT-4/EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Any day past 3:30 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing since 2017, still haven't improved greatly. I am around 1350 in OU but its frequently changing. I also play Doubles OU and used to be higher ladder in it,, but now the meta changed and I'm struggling to deal with it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Yes

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
Username: Ithrowrocksatkids
PO/PS! Username: Ithrowrocksatkids
Your timezone: EST -4 gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends most of the time and during the week past 7:30 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing for like a year and a half I think I’m decent but would like to be tutored by someone who has experience building and playing in tournament to take my game to next level.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord JoJo#2776

Username: TomorrowTales
PO/PS! Username: TomorrowTales
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability:
Quite literally most hours of the day and night, that why i signed up to the gmt-4 availability.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started plaiying around march last year on ps after playing a bit in the XY era. Feel like im at a decent level but have issues with thinking things through carefully and planning endgames, would like to improve overall.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Yup
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: banjo d
PS! Username: banjo d / dog_droppings
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 7 PM - 9 PM, weekends 5 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively 2 weeks ago. I around 80 games of anything goes. I want to learn strategies and improve my decision-making skills.

Assigned to: Jordy

Username: Jhonx~
PS Username: EG Jhonx
Timezone:
GMT -3
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, I've been on WCOP LA team, been playing competitive from 2017, but not OU, just started in OU this year in DPP OU, and tried to play USM OU, I play it good and reached 2000 easily in OLT, but I struggle with team building a lot, and I think this opportunity can help me to see my flaws and mistakes since I dont know how to build in USM OU x_x

Assigned to: Aurella

Username: ShaggyOmnipotent
PS! Username: ShaggyOmnipotent
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: About 12 hours a day if I'm not busy
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for a long time, about 2-3 years. I play on and off, I used to play a lot in my first about 3 months then I quit. I got back into it a year after, played for a couple months and then got off again. I just got back on, and I retained some of my skill and know how to make good plays in battle and make decent teams.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: No

Assigned to: Lopunny Kicks

Username: UnawareUser
PO/PS! User: UnawareUser
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Very flexible just can't do mornings.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in ORAS. I would say I'm a fairly competent player although I don't play very consistently.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)