#Arbokobra- The NU team

Scraggy should be moved from High-C to Mid-B on the NU viability scale?

• Total voters
Hi people who are reading this RMT!

Its HJAD for my first ever RMT after finding enough time in my day to write a document about one of my favourite NU pokemon, and one of the least highly rated at that.
Arbok is a very interesting pokemon. I can remember when i was extremely new to gen 5 NU, being swept by the coil set. I asked "why it had so much power" after setting up only one coil. The other battler said, powerful stab and increased defenses allow it to sweep most of the time, or take a threat or wall down with it.

So i was stuck there.
Didn't know how to make this "thing" work... But then it struck me that it had access to intimidate as an ability, this allowed it to wall Choiced Sawk sets to hell and back (once trapped in CC mind you). However, this doesn't mean he becomes viable, and therefore i needed to make a team based around it.

It immeadiately came to my attention that a Liepard had fantastic synergy with Arbok having only 1 weakness to the core (ground obviously). So i sat there with a potentially dangerous core, not knowing to do with it. After a couple minutes of head scratching, i decided that it was in my best interest to have a wish passer and cleric so that my team has longevity vs. stall teams and so that when it get haxed to pieces, i can recover and not be forced with halved attack or crippling speed.

Then we had to add a decent stealth rocker that can double up as a electric immunity and something to just force the opponent to play a bit more aggressive, a wildcard, a potentially game winning powerhouse.

At a Glance

As you can see, i have opted for Hypno as my wish passer. This is because of his AMAZING Sp. Def, access to protect (reliable recovery) and seismic toss for subs etc. Overall, he doubles up as a great special wall.

Physically defensive Leafeon... Well well well. Looks like HJAD has lost it (if i ever had it) I kid you not. Leafeon is a brilliant physical wall. This slot was originally filled with Mandibuzz for the ground immunity, but soon after i realised that having no heal bell would be a ridiculous hinderence to this team as Arbok himself was being burnt and therefore useless. Leafeon provides a stable platform to take lotsa physical attacks. Heal off with Synthesis and either toxic stall or leaf blade to death.

Golem... nothing special. Allows me to get rocks up nyce and early. Unless Sawk. This thing is perfect Sawk bait. And Sawk is well gonna CC (especially if its first turn, no-one likes to over predict first turn), therefore its an easy switch into Arbok who can set up coils and sweep etc etc

Samurott, a damn powerful one at that. The sheer force of a Specs STAB Hydro Pump is ridiculous, especially when its coming off a mon with 108 base special attack. He can reach things Liepard just can't. The water typing really helps with team synergy as well.

The Sets (i dont do EV spreading all too well)

ARBOKOBRA (Arbok) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

The Arbok set. With Sawk and damage in mind. I wanted to invest into HP rather than Speed in order to take any fighting type hits (Gurdurr, Sawk and Primeape) as easily as possible. Coil in order to increase defenses, attack power and accuracy (for gunk shot) Gunk Shot for the powerful STAB. Sucker Punch priority in order to sweep. And EQ for dem pesky Steel Mons. I was contemplating running a completely specially defensive set in order to take every hit but with Psychic mons in abundance in NU, I opted against it. I am yet to find a decent speed hp spread for Arbok, so until then this will be the spread i use.

Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Hypno is a monster, quite literally. The ease in which it can take special hits is not to be underestimated. However, the main purpose of it would be to wish pass into [insert low HP pokemon] in order to maintain some longevity in this team. Hypno does play a vital role so DO NOT RISK IT. Plz dont switch it into a "special" samurott but it turned out to be a SD Megahorn one. Without Hypno the team has no longevity and therefore you will be outstalled by toxic stall as Leafeon will be easily picked off.

Samurott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Air Slash (Or anything tbh, i just put air slash to be cool)

Samurott is a Power demon. A specs Hydro Pump does ridiculously huge amounts of damage and 2hkoes the entire unresisted tier. I also wanted to again make him as bulky as possible just so he stays around a bit. His job isn't to outspeed mons, just to dish out Nuclear Bombs (disguised as Hydro Pump)

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/ Rock Blast

Golem is what it is. It sets up rocks unless Sawk, which is dealt with. I choose a more offensive version just incase ive never had a chance to set up rocks. He provides an important electric immunity which with out-can be a weakness to expose.

Liepard @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse

Liepard is vital to this teams success. Encoring set up sweepers and setting up itself is what this cat is all about. Encore is a fantastic move that allows you to gain so much momentum. After a poke is locked into Psychic for example (with Arbok being weak to psychic type moves) you can set-up a substitute in order to scout his ambitions. If he stays in and continues to Psychic he/she is stoopid. 2 things can then happen. He switches in a threat in order to break the sub, or switches in a wall to well...wall. In the first scenario you would want to Nasty Plot and then attack the next turn for huge damage. If the second scenario, make sure you abuse the Substitute mechanics and keep subbing up until he/she does a non-attacking move. Encore into that move, set up to +6 and proceed to sweep. :)

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Heal Bell
- Synthesis
- Toxic

Leafeon is a fantastic pokemon. Not only can it tank so many physical hits, it can healup with synthesis, attack hard with Leaf Blade and most importantly, clear the team of any hax. This slot was orginally filled by Mandibuzz for a vital Ground immunity but the lack of a cleric really hurt, this is what inspiried me to make this change.

THREAT LIST (yay)
  • SPIKE STACKING i cannot stress this enough, more than 2 or even 3 layers of regular spikes is enough to ruin team synergy as switches are much more costly. This will and can stop vital switches. If a pokemon known to start stacking hazards is switched in, either go into Liepard (depending on the pokes on the other guys team) or risk Samurott in this case. It is vital no more than 2 layers of spikes are set-up as switches become worth less than reward.
  • Rain- Well constructed rain teams are able to scare this team so very much. Altough the likes of Carracosta aren't that threatening thanks to Liepard, the rest are. As soon as Hypno goes down, so does this team. Hypno becomes top priority when Rain is setup.
  • Sub- CM OR CM sweepers- Stuff like Musharna especially with Calm Mind AND Signal Beam spell danger in big red letters. Because suddenly Liepard cannot take on such special bulk and will be Signal Beamed to death. The rest of the team is just easy pickings.
  • SURPRISE POKEMON- It might be just me and my playstyle but pokemon that arent known or regular causes this team problems, big problems. **cough*specs weezing*cough** can easily take out vital pokemon and make you lose, single-handedly.
  • Predicting (yes, brawlfest, predicting)-This team forces you to play very reserved and patient which is fine, until someone pulls a double into Specs Zard etc---Just make sure you play in the knowledge ur opponent may predict and not to make the same switch in-to the same threat every time.
  • REALLY POWERFUL MONS (LIKE REALLLY)-- Stuff like Specs Zard, specs beeheeyem, Rampardos, Sawk to an extent (if arbok dies), etc can ko most of the stuff in the team with ease
ARBOKOBRA (Arbok) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Samurott @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Air Slash

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Liepard @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Blade
- Heal Bell
- Synthesis
- Toxic
courtesy of SolarisFox

I'm Done! Thank you for reading my first ever RMT (the first of many hopefully) Make sure to leave constructive feedback and please remember this team is based off of Arbok-Pard, despite other mons being so vital in the Process.

Peace :heart:

Last edited:
Hey HJAD! This is a really cool team with tons of unique stuff, and I think as a whole it is quite Anti-Meta, what with Coil Arbok + NP Liepard removing each other's checks and counters with ease. That being said, your team is outrageously weak to Charizard, who with rocks 2HKO's your entire team with no problem. Both the Specs and SD variants pose major threats to this team, although the specs variant mores. Eelektross is also a major threat to your team, as you will be near forced to sack at least one pokemon to figure out what set it is and how to deal with it, and even at that point you have little to face up to it. Your entire team is also 2HKO'd by Choice Banded Sawk and Golurk, making you have huge issues in switching into either, as only 1 of your pokemon beats sawk 1v1 (Arbok), and only 2 beat golurk (Samurott and Liepard).

For starters, I would definitely suggest Defensive Tangela over Leafeon, as I do see how important grass typing is to your team. It barely avoids getting 2HKO'd by Golurk or Sawk, and can at least sleep them so that you can use something else to destroy them one on one. It's bulk, alongside Regenerator + Leech Seed + Giga Drain, makes it as a whole a better supporter for your team, as it gives you a much better switch into the aforementioned threats. (Also

I highly suggest you just run All-Out Attacker Samurott over your current specs set. Pokemon like Ludicolo will easily set up Rain and proceed to sweep you if you get locked into the wrong move, and the difference between LO and Specs is nearly negligable, as Specs won't pull many more significant kills. What is significant is your being locked into a move, which is a huge issue for a pokemon like Samurott who struggles in the NU tier unless it has access to it's amazing spread of coverage moves backed by a crazy strong STAB. Taunt can also aid you in checking Spikes Stacking, which you said can deal serious damage to your team, or Megahorn can simply decimate the ever so annoying Ludiludi.

To put it lightly, this team is far too weak to setup sweepers. For this reason, I suggest running All-Out Attacker Kangaskhan, who not only is an extremely good mother, but also happens to be a great revenge killer, which your team needs. The problem is, while Liepard can encore, many players predict it's switch in, opt to hit it with a move and kill it, then set up and completely shit on your team, which has a slight lack of priority (outside of 2 weak sucker punches), and will be 6-0'd by any sweeper worth it's buck. For this reason, Kangaskhan is absolutely necessary in aiding you in beating threatning setup sweepers. I normally wouldn't ever suggest this, but you have a distinct lack of Fighting moves, so I will incorporate Drain Punch w/ LO as an option in the sets below to aid you in beating Normal types which could potentially be dicks to you.

HJAD IS 100% NUBBIEST ON PLANET GG WP :]
Cheers Bro!!

P.S. HP EV on Arbok + Samurott is absolute noob + suck.

Sets:

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed / Toxic / Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Rock]

Samurott @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Taunt / Megahorn

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake / Drain Punch

As far as finding a suitable spread for Arbok, I'd recommend:

EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SDef

As that gives you maximum black sludge recovery. Also it's worth changing the attack IVs of hypno and liepard to 0 to better take foul play hits.
Further, I would recommend on Samurrott:

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd

For the purpose of better taking entry damage, and being able to speed creep anything that's attempting to do the same to you.

That being said, I would indeed make changes to your team. I agree with Brawl's choice of tengala over leafeon. I know you want that heal bell, but to a certain extent you're focusing so much on supporting arbok that it's crippling the rest of your team. You have to remember that losing pokes unexpectedly happens and you can't be over-reliant on anything.
It should also be noted that Arbok can't set up on sawk as easily as you make it sound. Without being able to coil on the first turn of taking damage from sawk, you have a chance of getting 3HKO'd after black sludge recovery and a coil boost on the second half of turn 2.

I also highly suggest you run rock blast over stone edge on Golem as a team with ninjask will have multiple opportunities to try and set up on this team without it. (liepard is not a reliable switch in to ninjask as it can't be assumed that it's not carrying x-scizzor, even on the baton pass set)

Running the all out attacking samurott is another good suggestion, not because I necessarily prefer that set, but because the faster taunt will let you anti-lead garbodor while pokes like roselia risk giving arbok a bunch of free coils while they hazard stack.

Though I'm not too familiar with Hypno, I'd consider trying thunder wave on it over toxic. This would let you cripple rain sweepers to the point that they no longer threaten your team, even if you're unable to KO them with hypno.

Anyways, all the picky stuff aside, this team is a neat concept and I could see it working well.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
By far the best Liepard set for this team is the standard pivot set of Sucker Punch / Encore / Pursuit / U-turn. Liepard is the only Pokémon on your team that can reliably handle Psychic- and Ghost-types like Musharna, Gardevoir, and Haunter so the ability to Pursuit trap them is fantastic to ensure that they can't just continuously switch out. NP Liepard is pretty difficult to sweep with since it's not that strong or difficult to wall, and Pivot Liepard is a lot more consistent because it can switch out more freely without losing momentum. Plus with this you still have the utility of Prankster Encore and you can arguably utilize it even better than before thanks to the support you can provide teammates.

Also by far the biggest threats to this team are powerful attackers like Samurott, Charizard, and Sawk, as you have nothing that can repeatedly switch in due to your lack of exceptionally bulky resists. This is augmented by the rather slow nature of your team which allows these Pokémon to repeatedly come in and kill stuff. Your defensive core is somewhat lacking in synergy--both Hypno and Leafeon / Tangela tend to rely on sheer bulk in order to wall things which makes them susceptible to wallbreakers. Because of this, I suggest replacing both with Alomomola--not only can it pass Wishes like Hypno (and bigger ones, too) and use Regenerator to pivot like Tangela, but it provides you with a much needed switch-in to Charizard and Samurott thanks to its great bulk and typing. Of course that leaves you with one empty teamslot, which you can use to patch up any final weaknesses. Like Brawlfest mentioned, you're extremely weak to setup sweepers like SubCM Serperior and Shell Smash Gorebyss, so you might want to go with a Scarfer like the Rotom formes or Sawsbuck to revenge kill them.

edit: You could also use Kanga if you want for rain teams but it's less reliable at beating Serp + Gorebyss.

Also the slowest Arbok should run is 200 Speed with a Jolly nature, as it allows you to outspeed Adamant Sawk and either set up a Coil or take it out with Gunk Shot before it 2HKOes you with Close Combat. Going any slower than that makes you too reliant on Sucker Punch to take it out, which of course won't do much since it resists. That leaves only 56 EVs left, and since there's nothing really notable that those extra EVs do I'd honestly just go with the standard max / max.

Liepard @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Encore
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect

Scarf Rotom-S, Rotom-F or Sawsbuck

Arbok: EV spread --> 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def with a Jolly nature

Last edited:
By far the best Liepard set for this team is the standard pivot set of Sucker Punch / Encore / Pursuit / U-turn. Liepard is the only Pokémon on your team that can reliably handle Psychic- and Ghost-types like Musharna, Gardevoir, and Haunter so the ability to Pursuit trap them is fantastic to ensure that they can't just continuously switch out. NP Liepard is pretty difficult to sweep with since it's not that strong or difficult to wall, and Pivot Liepard is a lot more consistent because it can switch out more freely without losing momentum. Plus with this you still have the utility of Prankster Encore and you can arguably utilize it even better than before thanks to the support you can provide teammates.

Also by far the biggest threats to this team are powerful attackers like Samurott, Charizard, and Sawk, as you have nothing that can repeatedly switch in due to your lack of exceptionally bulky resists. This is augmented by the rather slow nature of your team which allows these Pokémon to repeatedly come in and kill stuff. Your defensive core is somewhat lacking in synergy--both Hypno and Leafeon / Tangela tend to rely on sheer bulk in order to wall things which makes them susceptible to wallbreakers. Because of this, I suggest replacing both with Alomomola--not only can it pass Wishes like Hypno (and bigger ones, too) and use Regenerator to pivot like Tangela, but it provides you with a much needed switch-in to Charizard and Samurott thanks to its great bulk and typing. Of course that leaves you with one empty teamslot, which you can use to patch up any final weaknesses. Like Brawlfest mentioned, you're extremely weak to setup sweepers like SubCM Serperior and Shell Smash Gorebyss, so you might want to go with a Scarfer like the Rotom formes or Sawsbuck to revenge kill them.

Also the slowest Arbok should run is 200 Speed with a Jolly nature, as it allows you to outspeed Adamant Sawk and either set up a Coil or take it out with Gunk Shot before it 2HKOes you with Close Combat. Going any slower than that makes you too reliant on Sucker Punch to take it out, which of course won't do much since it resists. That leaves only 56 EVs left, and since there's nothing really notable that those extra EVs do I'd honestly just go with the standard max / max.

Liepard @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Encore
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect

Scarf Rotom-S, Rotom-F or Sawsbuck

Arbok: EV spread --> 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def with a Jolly nature
Thanks Dat Blast for your feedback however, i would like to further stress why changes to the team core in general (typing wise at least) will leave this team is kind of "ruined" by even more obvious things than big threats in the tier.
How i like to build teams (at least competitively) is around a good type-synergetic core. If a team has more than 3 weakness' in an area i completely disregard it. I'm gonna sound like an ape now but anyhow:
Gen 5 NU is a very diverse tier with much more variety of pokes than any other-After much playing time i realised to make a good team, you have to worry about typing and type-synergy. In my opinion, having more than 3 weakness' to any type of move allows for random stuff (which NU has become known for) to roam and have a blast. Type-synergy and movesets are why i choose certain pokemon, not just stats although they do make a big part on what is and isn't viable.
  • First of all: Leafeon is on this team because of a.) grass typing (which resists ground which this team is relatively weak to) and b.) access to heal bell-so that hax may not have an effect on this team: i grew frustrated with the amount of times Arbok-who i based this team around got burned and therefore made abundantly useless.
  • Taking out Hypno would be a crazy move: How would i take ANY special move combination in this tier: Literally, if something had semi-decent coverage and enough power, it will easily sweep this team.
  • Sawk is dealt with by Arbok, Zard is dealt with by Hypno, Samurott specially is dealt by Hypno. The only real set that poses threat is Samurotts SD set which does hit this team for much damage. Apart from that, early game, those threats are walled.
The changes you have made make the team abundantly weak to grass with no real poke that wants to take it either. (im going of the team you suggested + rotom-s) If we have Sawsbuck, we become weak to fighting and a bigger problem occurs.

Enough of that though, i really like the set changes you have put forward-I will probably start running max speed on Arbok if it does mean i can outspeed adamant Sawk, which would be cool. Also, Yes i have realised that Liepard doesn't get many chances to set-up on. Therefore i am also considering changing to that other set as well. I just wanted to be cool with sub np >.>
Thanks for your contribution (actually looks like im being awfully mean throughout, sorry hope you take no offense)
HJAD <3

Thanks Dat Blast for your feedback however, i would like to further stress why changes to the team core in general (typing wise at least) will leave this team is kind of "ruined" by even more obvious things than big threats in the tier.
How i like to build teams (at least competitively) is around a good type-synergetic core. If a team has more than 3 weakness' in an area i completely disregard it. I'm gonna sound like an ape now but anyhow:
Gen 5 NU is a very diverse tier with much more variety of pokes than any other-After much playing time i realised to make a good team, you have to worry about typing and type-synergy. In my opinion, having more than 3 weakness' to any type of move allows for random stuff (which NU has become known for) to roam and have a blast. Type-synergy and movesets are why i choose certain pokemon, not just stats although they do make a big part on what is and isn't viable.
  • First of all: Leafeon is on this team because of a.) grass typing (which resists ground which this team is relatively weak to) and b.) access to heal bell-so that hax may not have an effect on this team: i grew frustrated with the amount of times Arbok-who i based this team around got burned and therefore made abundantly useless.
  • Taking out Hypno would be a crazy move: How would i take ANY special move combination in this tier: Literally, if something had semi-decent coverage and enough power, it will easily sweep this team.
  • Sawk is dealt with by Arbok, Zard is dealt with by Hypno, Samurott specially is dealt by Hypno. The only real set that poses threat is Samurotts SD set which does hit this team for much damage. Apart from that, early game, those threats are walled.
The changes you have made make the team abundantly weak to grass with no real poke that wants to take it either. (im going of the team you suggested + rotom-s) If we have Sawsbuck, we become weak to fighting and a bigger problem occurs.

Enough of that though, i really like the set changes you have put forward-I will probably start running max speed on Arbok if it does mean i can outspeed adamant Sawk, which would be cool. Also, Yes i have realised that Liepard doesn't get many chances to set-up on. Therefore i am also considering changing to that other set as well. I just wanted to be cool with sub np >.>
Thanks for your contribution (actually looks like im being awfully mean throughout, sorry hope you take no offense)
HJAD <3
Me and Dat Blast take major offense so meen r00d :[

I honestly don't have any things to really add to your team that come to mind that Dat Blast and Brawlfest haven't already suggested, but I will say that your team isn't as prepared for Sawk as you might think it is. The Choice Band set is still the most common set right now, and it has a guaranteed OHKO with EQ against your Arbok spread even after accounting for Intimidate. Considering Leafeon is your only real Ground resist, Sawk can pretty fearlessly EQ and hurt most of your team pretty badly. A pretty solid answer to Sawk would be Brawlfest's suggestion of Tangela over Leafeon. It avoids the 2HKO from Sawk, and supports your team quite a bit better than Leafeon can. Now, as for your now missing cleric, might I suggest Specially Defensive Audino over Hypno? It has slightly more bulk than Hypno and even avoids the 2HKO from Specs Zard before rocks, and it passes much bigger Wishes to the rest of your team while also providing Heal Bell support. The Regenerator core between Audino and Tangela is pretty strong, and might be the type of synergy you're looking for.

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Protect/Toxic
-Double Edge/Return

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not going to give a full rate but I'll just comment a bit.

Like the others have pointed out, Arbok does not counter Sawk reliably because it cannot take an Earthquake. Sure you can predict around and stuff but then you'll be under a lot of pressure once Sawk comes in. Apart from that, a lot of powerful attackers ruin your team, such as Charizard, Ludicolo, Carracosta, etc. I'd like to back Brawlfest and Dat Blast up with their suggestions of replacing Leafeon with Tangela and Alomomola, respectively. The reason your team could use one of them is because your team is really weak to Sawk, Carracosta, and Golurk, while those two can still come in and take hits all day (Liepard is outsped by +2 Jolly Aqua Jet). Mola is probably better due to the reasons Dat Blast stated; it can tank most Ground-type hits and sacrificing a heal bell user isn't that significant anyway, but Tangela can be used if you prefer Sleep Powder and its greater utility. Both of these have Regenerator so you can repeatedly switch into Sawk or Golurk, scout if it's choiced based on damage (if it isn't you simply wall them), while if it is just switch to the appropriate Pokemon that resists the move or is able to tank it.

As for your individual sets, I'd definitely go with All-out Attacker Samurott with Megahorn and 252 Speed EVs. This means that Ludicolo cannot setup rain dance on Samurott without risking a Megahorn KO. Arbok should also run 252 Speed with Jolly as Dat Blast mentioned. Not only does this outrun Adamant Sawk, it also outruns Modest Ludicolo so you can KO it with Gunk Shot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)