Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do CAP analyses count towards anything in terms of being badged? (Even if they don't, I'll continue to write them anyway.)

Do CAP analyses count towards anything in terms of being badged? (Even if they don't, I'll continue to write them anyway.)
Hey! Contributing articles of any kind will go towards your contributor badge and general CAP contributions will count towards a CAP badge. While CAP analyses are not specifically for any badge, they do count towards these badges if you have enough contributions and/or contributions of high quality.

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What should I do if an analysis has been sitting around or awhile without any comments/qc checks? Should I just be patient or should I personally contact some QC members?

What should I do if an analysis has been sitting around or awhile without any comments/qc checks? Should I just be patient or should I personally contact some QC members?
You can personally contact QC members by VMing them or messaging them on IRC, but do not constantly bug them.

Empress

Last one for now. I see that the Site Staff badge comes primarily from C&C. What does a Site Staff member do, and what does a Contributor have to do to become one?

Last one for now. I see that the Site Staff badge comes primarily from C&C. What does a Site Staff member do, and what does a Contributor have to do to become one?
Site Staff upload analyses, while Contributors can become them by having multiple scms edits and having great C&C participation.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Site staff uploads completed analyses to the website, and it comes after being a c&c moderator (which is pretty hard to get nominated for); and generally is not connected to the contributor badge.
Edit: gdi,,,

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Site staff have the ability to directly change stuff on the main site, not just upload analyses @ above 2 posters

it's in the badge FAQ

"User is a Smogon Site Staff Member. Site Staff Members can cache edits to the site and are determined by experience and trust, in addition to helpfulness in the Contributions & Corrections forum."

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Site Staff are users that have been authorized to fully upload analyses and other things to the smogon website, outside of the forums. As others have said, it's not very easy to attain. It's a position that's quite reserved among Smogon, and usually come from moderators, not contributors. However, being a longtime contributor and supporter of C&C is a big part of becoming a C&C moderator.

@ninjas ur literally all garbage

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Regarding IVs, i know it should be mentioned only if it is in trick room, and not for hidden powers. But what happens if a trick room mon has a hidden power that forces its Speed IV to be odd (hp ground tr beheeyem in this case, http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/beheeyem-qc-0-3.3527113/)?
Should it look like:
ivs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
or ivs: 1 Spe
I'm pretty sure IVs should also be added for Hidden Power as well, as otherwise the Export function would lead to the incorrect Hidden Power, so it would be 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
RE: Site Staff

Short and long of it is that Site Staff have the power to decide what exactly is seen onsite on our Dex as well as our webzines, hubs, articles, and the like. They have a TON of power over content. They can delete, add other people's changes, and make changes of their own directly onto the site.

This means they MUST have a good handle on HTML (which is what 80% of the site still currently uses) as well as the capacity to recognize and correct integrity errors using the current Markdown model for analyses and most other features of the new Dex.

With great power comes great responsibility, which is why I generally only allow moderators to have Site Staff, as they are /usually/ trustworthy people. It is possible to have Site Staff without being a moderator, but you need to have proven yourself as a user worth trusting with the powers that come with Site Staff.

Once, the HAs for the Johto starters come out, where in Smogon's tier list would you guess they might go? If you don't remember the HA for each, here they are:

-Meganium: Lead guard (UU status?)
-Ferralgatr: Sheer Force (could possibley be used to get into OU?)
-Typhlosion: Flash Fire (could get into UU status?)

Also, for Emboar and Serperior, is it possible that Emboar will go into OU with it's HA and Serperior into UU? And Samurott into UU as well?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
kantotrainer90 The tier lists are determined by usage each month, which is decided by battlers themselves. Once they have settled into their respective tiers, that's when we'll write the analyses on them.

I was thinking of doing an analysis for Reckless Emboar while breeding for one, thinking I could contribute to the forums while getting feedback to create a better set in return.

So my question is: is Reckless Emboar even good enough to bother with an analysis, and if so, which tier would Reckless Emboar be in (or would he remain in RU)?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking of doing an analysis for Reckless Emboar while breeding for one, thinking I could contribute to the forums while getting feedback to create a better set in return.

So my question is: is Reckless Emboar even good enough to bother with an analysis, and if so, which tier would Reckless Emboar be in (or would he remain in RU)?
The Emboar revamp analysis is already in progress by myself, and yeah the revamp is because reckless is so damn good :P
It will most likely stay in RU.

Edit: here it is http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/emboar-revamp-qc-2-3-not-written.3527223/

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
I was thinking of doing Rock Head Tyrantrum (plan on breeding for a 5IV one anyways), and wanted to confirm that he is relevant, and not already being done by another member, and well as the tier.

I believe that Rock Head Tyrantrum will be UU?

I was thinking of doing Rock Head Tyrantrum (plan on breeding for a 5IV one anyways), and wanted to confirm that he is relevant, and not already being done by another member, and well as the tier.

I believe that Rock Head Tyrantrum will be UU?
That's not entirely sure, mainly because I think it's not implemented yet on Showdown so it cannot be tested. I think it might most likely be viable in UU, idk if it will be banned in RU. You should ask Ernesto if you want to do it :P

That's not entirely sure, mainly because I think it's not implemented yet on Showdown so it cannot be tested. I think it might most likely be viable in UU, idk if it will be banned in RU. You should ask Ernesto if you want to do it :P
Okay, sure, and much appreciation for the lightning-fast reply. Where might I reach Ernesto?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)