Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

Hi, small question;

I just was bored and didn't had much to do, and I realized the Reservation list of a certain tier was a bit outdated, so I updated it. First, is this allowed, and second, if it is allowed, what can I do with it? Post in the Resrvation index or?

Thanks.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, small question;

I just was bored and didn't had much to do, and I realized the Reservation list of a certain tier was a bit outdated, so I updated it. First, is this allowed, and second, if it is allowed, what can I do with it? Post in the Resrvation index or?

Thanks.
I'm guessing that'd be more of a question for each maintainer of the reservation lists. Each person may be different. I'd say ask them directly!

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
is this the right place for this
How can I get involved in HTML? And is it really advanced stuff, or more basic things like putting in <div> <p> <td>?

I've checked out Technical Projects, but it seems to be more big-project-y

Last edited:

jzplr

formerly SuperLuigi9624
So, can I just write an analysis? I don't have to write internet paperwork?
Because I've been really interested in writing an analysis for Whimsicott, and not just for the hell of using Whimsicott in OU. I mean, y'all didn't shit on Zygarde when he was given an analysis, so why can't I write something that shares the C- tiering? :P

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, can I just write an analysis? I don't have to write internet paperwork?
Because I've been really interested in writing an analysis for Whimsicott, and not just for the hell of using Whimsicott in OU. I mean, y'all didn't shit on Zygarde when he was given an analysis, so why can't I write something that shares the C- tiering? :P
No, you don't need any paperwork lol. Just make sure to read all the C&C resources provided; the spelling and grammar standards, generation 6 analysis format, introduction to C&C, etc.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
is this the right place for this
How can I get involved in HTML? And is it really advanced stuff, or more basic things like putting in <div> <p> <td>?

I've checked out Technical Projects, but it seems to be more big-project-y
i have a guide somewhere called smogon html 101 which should answer most qiestions you'll have

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What happened to the spiffy QC stamps that QC members used to have? Was is just too much work to implement them with QC members shifting around so much?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What happened to the spiffy QC stamps that QC members used to have? Was is just too much work to implement them with QC members shifting around so much?
The thread itself got locked, but I've had fun using all the cool stamps that were made. You're probably right about why it was difficult to keep up with making them.
Here it is if you're interested or didn't know already: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/you-guys-need-more-approved-stamps.3490873/

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I used the kitty stamp for a bit but after a while it got tedious to find the link and put it in every QC check I make so I just stopped lol

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If a GP member is writing an analysis, are they allowed to GP check it themselves?

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If a writer asks for a copypaste, can I just do a copypaste? Or do I have to do the check as usual on top of it?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Back again. Are calculations okay to use in analyses?
http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/arcanine/
http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/linoone/

Scroll to Specially Defensive on Arc. If they serve a purpose, yes calcs are perfectly fine (in the Arc analysis they show that spd actually has a use and capable of walling relevant threats, in the Linoone analysis they show offensive calcs vs the most relevant defensive mons you'll run into and that linoone will need to worry, or not worry, about).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)