Resource Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: NU Edition

Why is Kingdra nu in sun and moon when there are ou movesets? Regarding using it competitively, I had just hatched a 6 iv modest horsea with swift swim, but is there any reason to use timid instead? I know swift swim is the better ability for it but is there any good reason to use swift swim as its ability outside a rain team?

Why is Kingdra nu in sun and moon when there are ou movesets? Regarding using it competitively, I had just hatched a 6 iv modest horsea with swift swim, but is there any reason to use timid instead? I know swift swim is the better ability for it but is there any good reason to use swift swim as its ability outside a rain team?
Kingdra had an analysis written for it for OU because unlike other tiers, drizzle is not banned in OU, so kingdra has a niche as a rain sweeper when pairs alongside pelipper. Simply put, the main role which make sure kingdra stand out from other dragons without being directly outclassed is the focus energy+scope lens set, which requires more support to successfully pull off than, say, flygon's dragon dance set. Kingdra struggles to keep up in the offensive nature of the metagame in UU where it doesn't have automatic rain setters to support it.

Last edited:
What's a good core with Stored Power Necrozma? And what are ways to support said core?
Just a heads up, since the meta is relatively new, pokemon i mention as partners might not necessarily be viable in the long run, but i feel this is an ok step in the right direction.

So, since stored power necrozma uses only psychic type attacks, pokemon that can take care of dark types are the first that come to mind. Usually, bulkier fighting or fairy pokemon such as hitmontop, hariyama and granbull are better for the job because they can also switch in on dark type attacks relatively comfortably.

Another approach is to use a different psychic type that also lures out dark or steel types and weakens them so necrozma could sweep later on.

The remaining part of your team depends on which route you choose. if you chose something frailer, then a backup check to dark/ghost/steel types is also needed. bulkier teams could benefit from a heal bell user seeing as necrozma is very vulnerable to being toxiced.

some kind of hazard control, especially getting rid of tspikes, is very important. necrozma doesnt like being statused and if rocks/spikes are on the field, its job of pivoting and scaring out fighting types early game becomes more difficult.

this is everything that comes to mind when teambuilding to support necrozma, and the continuation largely depends on pokemon chosen before.

hope my answer helps you with building and have fun playing sm nu.

What's a good core with Stored Power Necrozma? And what are ways to support said core?
Something I have tried as Dark lure is Fairum Z Mismagius with Dazzling Gleam, normally dark types love to switch in on Mismagius. With Fairum Z you can lure them and either do heavy damage or flat out OHKO them.

On the core what Carcy already said hazard control is really needed or at a least T-spike absorber. You could also use T-spikes yourself so you pressure the Dark types or other things that pressure Necrozma, also have something that can easily deal with Steelix since that can cripple Necrozma with Toxic while not taking alot of damage.

I hope this helps with the information that Carcy already gave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)