Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hi, I have a question. How do I delete all the battle backgrounds, save for the Wallace gym battle one on Stylish, and use the Wallace gym battle one on Pokemon Showdown

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since this is just a question and won't lead to discussion, it doesn't need its own thread; consider trying the Simple Question Simple Answer thread.

Hi, I have a question. How do I delete all the battle backgrounds, save for the Wallace gym battle one on Stylish, and use the Wallace gym battle one on Pokemon Showdown
Tell Stylish to use this style for Showdown:
Code:
.backdrop {
	background-image: url(https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/fx/bg-beach.png) !important;
}
(Note: I don't actually know which image you're referring to so I just linked to a random background instead.)

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Is there a way to set the Hidden Power type on a Mew in teambuilder that does not know Hidden Power while still having perfect IVs, so that, when it transforms, it will have a Hidden Power of my choosing and NOT Hidden Power Dark?

I thought there used to be a way to do this, but I can't find it.

In the format 'Gen 3 Random Battle' I've run into some really confusing sets for example Dragon-Dancer Rayquaza with special attacks, Lapras with physical attacks or Butterfree with nightmare but with no sleep inducing move. I don't know if it was meant to be this way or is it just a part of the so called Random battle?

Last edited:

Adeleine

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In the format 'Gen 3 Random Battle' I've run into some really confusing sets for example Dragon-Dancer Rayquaza with special attacks or Lapras with physical attacks. I don't know if it was meant to be this way or is it just a part of the so called Random battle?
If you see a set like that, it's usually one of the following.
Intentional-Lapras has equal attacking stats, so it can viably use physical moves, particularly to get type coverage
Forced- The smaller movepools each Pokemon has in Gen3 can force some mons to run less than ideal options. Every type always being one of physical or special factors in too; Sneasel can't use it's (special) STAB moves well with that horrible SpA.
Acceptable- With the non-static nature of randoms, some sets will be better than others, but moves can still have used (eg Fire Blast on DD Rayquaza hitting Skarmory)
Needing Fixing-With the format being so new, there are some mistakes bound to happen. Sets like these can be reported in the thread.

(also fwiw I reported the nightmare butterfree thing so that should be fixed soon)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there a way to set the Hidden Power type on a Mew in teambuilder that does not know Hidden Power while still having perfect IVs, so that, when it transforms, it will have a Hidden Power of my choosing and NOT Hidden Power Dark?

Maybe try changing the IVs' odds and evens to match the hidden Power type you want. Notable Hidden Power IV spreads are 31/31/30/30/31/30 for Fire, 30/31/30/31/31/31 for Ice, 31/31/31/30/31/31 for Electric, 30/31/31/30/31/31 for Grass, 31/31/31/30/30/31 for Ground and 31/31/30/30/30/30 for Fighting.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Maybe try changing the IVs' odds and evens to match the hidden Power type you want. Notable Hidden Power IV spreads are 31/31/30/30/31/30 for Fire, 30/31/30/31/31/31 for Ice, 31/31/31/30/31/31 for Electric, 30/31/31/30/31/31 for Grass, 31/31/31/30/30/31 for Ground and 31/31/30/30/30/30 for Fighting.
I know how changing hidden powers works.
The thing is that, on carts, I can have max IVs in everything and have any hidden power (outside of HP fighting on specific pokemon). How do I do that in teambuilder - I remember this being possible somehow.

I know how changing hidden powers works.
The thing is that, on carts, I can have max IVs in everything and have any hidden power (outside of HP fighting on specific pokemon). How do I do that in teambuilder - I remember this being possible somehow.
Seems like an oversight in the Teambuilder. I tried a few things out though:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-603658884

This replay shows a Mew with 31 IVs in all stats using Hidden Power Ice after transforming into a Landorus-T. Only problem is that it had to have Hidden Power Ice as a move in the first place.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-603656834

The only thing changed in this replay is that Mew does not have Hidden Power in its moveslot. Everything else is exactly that same as it is technically the same Mew from the builder. Uses Hidden Power Dragon though.

The problem seems to be is that Showdown changes the actual IVs without changing the Hidden Power whereas the cart would not change IVs but check them as Hyper Trained.

You know how PS inserts an interlude for external links? ("You have clicked on a link to visit the following external site", "If you trust the source of this link", etc.)

Is there any way that http://pokepast.es (which I run) could be added to the whitelist of sites that don't receive this treatment? It's pretty widely used now, including being the recommended pastebin for the RMT room (among others).

Maybe there should be a setting in the "details" part of the teambuilder that allows people to change a Pokemon's hidden power type without having to add hidden power to the Pokemon's moveset.

Adeleine

Whats the official and unofficial ladder
Ladder games that count towards your scores (on /rank) are those you start with the Battle! button; the exception is Unrated Randoms, which do not. You need to win one ladder game (and be registered for a week) to be autoconfirmed.
Other games, like challenges from a specific user, don't count towards your scores.

So, I wanted to play some competitive AG on Showdown, so I quickly made a team of full Unowns. To my horrid surprise, it turned out I couldn't change Unown's forms at all! I tried it the old-fashioned way,by chaning around the IVs, but that didn't work. Normally, when a Pokémon has a different form (I.E. Gastrodon), you can change it by pressing that downwards facing tile next to the sprite. I couldn't find that with Unown. Does anyone know how I can change my Unown team from AAAAAA to a respectable YEABOI or YOUWIN?

So, I wanted to play some competitive AG on Showdown, so I quickly made a team of full Unowns. To my horrid surprise, it turned out I couldn't change Unown's forms at all! I tried it the old-fashioned way,by chaning around the IVs, but that didn't work. Normally, when a Pokémon has a different form (I.E. Gastrodon), you can change it by pressing that downwards facing tile next to the sprite. I couldn't find that with Unown. Does anyone know how I can change my Unown team from AAAAAA to a respectable YEABOI or YOUWIN?
I'm pretty sure they intentionally made it impossible to change Unown forms so players can't spell rude things with them.

Hi Guys,

Playing showdown on the simulator, just getting back into it after quite a a few years off, playing OU but can't seem to figure out how to play on the official ladder? All my games are registering on the unofficial ladder - all help appreciated.

Adeleine

Hi Guys,

Playing showdown on the simulator, just getting back into it after quite a a few years off, playing OU but can't seem to figure out how to play on the official ladder? All my games are registering on the unofficial ladder - all help appreciated.
Perhaps this could be of assistance.
Ladder games that count towards your scores (on /rank) are those you start with the Battle! button; the exception is Unrated Randoms, which do not. You need to win one ladder game (and be registered for a week) to be autoconfirmed.
Other games, like challenges from a specific user, don't count towards your scores.

Thanks mate, definitely using the Battle! Button. So do I need to wait a week after my first win to get into the ladder?

Adeleine

No problem. If you get your first win immediately after registering the account, that would be the case, but if you register on day 1 and win a ladder match on day 5 you'll still be autoconfirmed at day 8.

Adeleine

No, there is not (I believe for licensing reasons), although of course you can mute Showdown and use external music.

Was there ever a resolution to this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)