ATTENTION (October 23-December 26): Do NOT reserve/mention post-PokéBank Pokemon/Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The issue is what it says on the tin. This seems to be a pretty freaking huge issue at the moment, although I can personally understand this. People such as me are very eager to start working on Pokemon analyses that they they tend to miss small details, especially in the long reservations thread where it's hard to see rules in the midst of walls of text.

So I'm putting this in big bold letters for you big men.

Do NOT reserve/mention post-PokéBank Pokemon and Moves in your skeletons
And here are the details. READ THEM:
  • Specifically, the Skeleton analyses are only tailored towards the 413+ metagame, where only Pokemon available in the Kalos region and the Friend Safaris are available. Until December 27, we have no normal means of obtaining Pokemon such as Raticate, Whimsicott, Palkia, and Latios.
  • Branching from the previous point, we also have no means of obtaining certain moves on certain Pokemon thanks to lack of tutors or TMs in XY. For example, at the moment, Excadrill can't use Iron Head, since it taught via BW2 move tutor, and is thus forced to use Return or Shadow Claw as alternatives. Other examples include Togekiss + Heal Bell, Pokemon that had Defog in DPP, etc.
  • We will start proper Pokemon analyses after Pokebank's release, where virtually all Pokemon and their legal pre-BW2 moves will become available.
In other words, please do your research, and don't mention specific Pokemon (such as Latios and Thundurus, which applies to most of you) or move combinations in your analyses.

You can see which Pokemon are unavailable in X/Y here (with the exception of the Blaziken family): http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

Thanks, and as usual, "Don't be stupid." ~​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)