SM OU Balanced Team- Thank You For Rating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not great at Pokemon but this is what i have came up with. Please feel free to give me any feed back you may have to replace moves or even Pokemon. Thank You!

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

An amazing tank/lead. With fire being his only critical weakness, he doesn't truly need sturdy as he probably wont get one shot other wise. The overcoat drastically helps with leads like smeargle who like to put you to sleep.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Amazing special tank. Toxis stall works great, all i can really say.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

An amazing physical tank which absolutely cripples physical attackers with will o wisp and boosts with calm mind.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Main physical attacker. Sets up to sweep with dragon dance.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

An amazing wall breaker overall. Sadly has a lot of weaknesses.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Special attacker.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hello as the rules say you need to expand on your descriptions a little bit (like we get that chansey is a good special wall. but why did you choose to add it? what do the evs on dusclops do???) but i guess i will rate your team anyway.

ok first of all what you need to realize is that chansey and dusclops are extremely passive and sap a lot of momentum. (forretress isn't as bad because at least it can volt switch out of threats) while losing momentum isn't necessarily that bad on stall teams because they don't really care if stuff sets up, in the case of a more balanced team like yours it can be quite the problem indeed.

for my first change i am going to suggest mega sableye over dusclops. mega sableye is very useful to this team because it can easily deter stealth rock from opponents such as defensive landorus-t and ferrothorn which is really good for volcarona and dragonite, both of which appreciate being at full health to set up safely. additionally, not having to rely on rest for recovery is very useful to maintain momentum because mega sableye is still a threatening presence even after it uses recover.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

fake out is useful for breaking focus sash on suicide leads like smeargle. after that you can go to volcarona on the skill swap and ko the smeargle before it can set up webs; against opponents such as azelf, just lead forretress and spam rapid spin lol

ok so now your team is a bit weaker against some attackers. you have mamoswine, but they can usually either switch out or just ohko it with a super effective attack. because of this i recommend replacing mamoswine with dugtrio

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 Atk
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stone Edge / Pursuit

you have mega sableye's magic bounce on your side so you can get away with running focus sash. basically thanks to dugtrio's arena trap ability you can eliminate threats such as sr heatran. reversal helps you break stall teams by dealing tons of damage to chansey; 21 hp means that two seismic tosses bring dugtrio down to exactly 1 health, putting reversal at maximum power.

now i want to look at your setup sweepers. you made some pretty good choices (although i personally prefer gyarados over dragonite). however, i think you would benefit from adding a z-move to your team. z-moves allow sweepers to do their jokb much more effectively

here are some sample sets

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z / Electrium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch / Thunder Punch

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Swarm / Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz / Hidden Power [Ice]

additionally, i'm not sure what passho berry volcarona does because it lives choice scarf keldeo's hydro pump at +1 either way. i would recommend charti berry as well to help it against stone edge keldeo and nihilego.

hope that was helpful!

Thanks so much! that truly did help. I apologize for the explained post it was very rushed. I wonder, if somehow I could not get my hands on a Sableye with the HA, what would be another replacement. Also what is my team specifically lacking. Thank You!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)