Battle Spot Analysis Reservation Thread

Okay finally got in a few games this season. Currently undefeated (3-0) with the beast that is mega blastoise so I thought why not write an analysis. Reserving Mega-Blastoise.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Greetings all. Firstly I would like to apologize for my lack of new content since Cloyster's completion. March has been a very busy month for me (and a lot of other Battle Spot writers also).

Now that I've got some free time ahead of me, I will try to get as much as done possible while the official Battle Spot tour goes under way (good luck to all those competing), I'll be following closely along with my own predictions in the discussion thread.

I'm very happy with the two recent additions to our QC team (credits to #cant say/Hula or whoever for inviting them): +Demantoid and @Psynergy, both of these Battle Spot regulars are essential to the future success of future analyses works.

Along with Lucy and Theorymon getting into the "groove", and new writers coming to help (anirav and Carbon) its time to get the analyses going once again. I feel April is going to be a great month (not just because of Easter). We've taken down 5 analyses in 1 go last fortnight (Klefki, Entei, Roserade, Cloyster and Sylveon), maybe its time to try and break the record once again.

So I've read the rules and apparently I'm only allowed to reserve 2 analyses at once lol, but I will go list out the ones I plan to do in the coming weeks:
Infernape (B-)
Raikou (B+)
Suicune* (A+)
Tyranitar** (A-)

*Cannot be reserved until I have the one or the other at least in written stage (1/2).
**Not sure on this at the moment, will decide after doing Suicune.
Other writers are more than welcome to reserve the latter two before my WIP goes up.

Rough plan for the end of March break (estimates):

Check Heatran (1 day)
Check Blastoise (1 day)
Get Infernape to QC stage (3 days)
Get Raikou to QC stage (1 week)
Get Suicune to QC stage (1 week+)

If you are a badgeholder, you can reserve up to two Pokemon at one time.

I'll be reserving Gyarados as well. Forgot it doesn't have an analysis yet. Will create the thread as soon as Latios gets out of WIP.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
My VGC Ray analysis is just about done now so while I wait for GP to finish up there I'm going to take BSS Volcarona (an actually important BSS Pokemon), I've been having great success with it on my newest team and in the BSS tournament. This is pretty much the coolest setup sweeper, it's a crime that it hasn't been done yet.

I used this pokemon early on and I think it's pretty underrated in bss so reserving Mega Venusaur. Unfortunately I can't write this analysis till april 10th(Hula and cant say know why lol) so I hope you guys can be a bit patient. Sorry if this is against the rules or anything. If any QC team member has any objections with me reserving it so early, just send me a PM.

Won't be a problem to implement GP checks for Latios.

So, I'm happy to say we're getting closer and closer to finishing up the top 50 Pokemon (as of right now before the usage changes), whoohoo!!! Lets keep it up and push these analysis out! Great job everyone! ^^

Taking Thundurus-T with me! The thread will be put up after Gyarados gets out of WIP!

As far as the BSS Analysis of the Top 50 goes, Suicune, Tyranitar, Venusaur, Thundurus-T, and Raikou have been all reserved. So that leaves Landorus-T, Rotom-H, Gardevoir, Slowbro, Swampert, and Togekiss to round out the Top 50 in usage. And Charizard and Mamoswine are also still needed, but their status is unclear.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Me and Dragonwhale talked about this: I'm gonna be taking over Charizard. I'll finish the skeleton tomorrow, then while thats getting checked I'll probably knock out Triples Blastoise as well :D

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Going to take Gardevoir, plan to be covering both Mega and Choice Scarf sets.

Finals are coming up at the end of next week for me though so that'll slow things down there, I'll at least make sure it's ready for QC before then.

Oh, Volcarona seems to already have an analysis up. (Sorry if I wasn't supposed to delete my post, I only saw that I couldn't edit it.)

Could I take Rotom-H instead?

Sorry for the triple post, but I've decided to unreserved Rotom-H. I'll leave it to a more experienced player, sorry.

I just uploaded Blaziken's LO set from the VGC forum so I'm now reserving Blaziken's Mega set. I picked up an old team which includes it recently, so I've gotten some extra motivation to write the analysis.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that I'm waiting on Charizard to be QC checked, I think I'll also keep myself busy with Rotom-H!

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
just wondering for sets such as Life Orb Conkeldurr and Dragon Dance Charizard would we need to redo the entire thing or just add in the set?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)