Battle Spot Premier League - FINALS! [Won by: Castelia Cavaliers]

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So let me clarify what happens in the event of a tie.

There will be three matches in the tiebreaker. Both managers will select a format, and the third match will be BSS.

Due date will be November 17 11:59 PM because let's be real we'd all rather get this out of the way before Sun and Moon is released.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

even though we lost we definitely succeeded in being the cutest team in BSPL, wanna give shoutouts since this was a super enjoyable experience

all the pear on my team (Alex Gomez, bargens, Feis, myself I guess?): thanks for signing up for the tour, you guys all did excellent and you're the best friends anybody could ask for. S2P

Jhon, qsns, and Natalie. for carrying the team in BSS; this was definitely my weak point as a manager as I didn't know much of anything about the BSS scene but you guys all did excellent and i'm super proud!! particular shoutouts to Natalie as I've gotten to know you pretty well over the course of this tournament and I'm happy to call you a friend c:

KnightsofHallow, Stax, blinkboy, Leru for being supportive of the team even though you guys didn't get to play as much, I hope you guys had an enjoyable experience c:

DragonWhale for oragnizing the tournament, it was very well run and thanks for picking me as a manager!

Shoutouts to the Battle Spot community as a whole too, I've enjoyed hanging out in the Discord and I look forward to getting more involved in SuMo and maybe even playing some more BSS

Looking forward to BSPL 2 :]

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CASTELIA CAVALIERS, YOUR BSPL CHAMPIONS!

All the players in the Cavs will receive a "BSPL CHAMPION" role in the Official Battle Spot Discord (With the new generations upcoming, it has been rife with discussion, so be sure to visit it) and a custom title of their choice on Smogon!

I would like to also applaud the Saffron Side-Pups for making it to the finals. Even though they barely fell short of winning the whole thing, they were still a very good team and all of the matches this week were very close and could've gone either way. It made for a very exciting series!

Shoutouts to all the players and the managers for making my job as a host as easy as possible. We actually had no extentions or activity wins whatsoever!

MVP

*NOVED was also tied for 9th with a record of 3-1.

If you're interested in other stats, make sure to check out the spreadsheet.

Congratulations to Megazard and I Am a Rookie for having an astonishing record of 5-1 and being recognized as the MVPs of this tournament!

It has been a very fun experience hosting BSPL and it's all thanks to everyone. I hope to see you guys come back for BSPL II!
Until Next Time, See Ya

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

holy shit we did it! this tour has been such a crazy experience, where do I even begin with shoutouts?

first I wanna say grats to SamVGC and the Side-Pups on a good season. Sam was such a sleeper during the draft, it wasn't until it was over and kami and I were talking about who we thought the starting lineups of the other teams would be and realised that the Pups would be a powerhouse. Sam definitely had a plan and executed it perfectly (apart from fucking up and letting the timer run out on Chase rip). I'll be watching more carefully if he manages in BSPL2.

I had so much fun during this whole thing, after the draft I regretted not buying myself and thought it would be less fun not being directly involved but I think it ended up allowing me to be more relaxed and just have fun with everyone more. I love playing mons but building teams kinda stresses me out enough on its own, so I don't think I would have had time to be able to help train bobo's Blaziken or help Megazard build GBU teams based off Jibaku's rushed notes. In the end I absolutely loved being a pure manager and letting my team carry me week to week.

kamikaze aka pseudo assman. This is the one guy I had set in stone before the draft to add to my team. I knew that by getting him I was getting someone that could play anything I needed, was experienced in team tours so could hold my hand for the first week while I figure everything out, patch up my knowledge of the doubles crowd, and give me all of Psynergy's secrets for when we had to play them. He's also cool and funny

Memoric I honestly bid on you so I could get both you and kami together which I thought could work out well from a team chemistry perspective. you ended up taking on the role of Kyrie and you killed it. Now that I know we have good timezones I wanna make sure we stay tight

Joint Cena I've known you for a while now and I've been destroyed by you and your alts in so many room tours now, I figured the best way to end that was to make you my teammate instead of my opp. I also knew you'd be a chill teammate and you proved me right every week. you were always there to help bobo and the first to recommend him over you when you had a rough week, just having you around was worth it

Jibaku I'm so glad I took the "risk" on buying you. even if you'd ended up busy every week and couldn't play I just thought your tour / bss / gbu experience would be worth it, but you ended up being able to play BSS and had a great season. I know you're all about VGC now but I hope you come back and play some SuMo BSS

bobochan the biggest steal! your work ethic this tour was admirable and I think you definitely earned your stripes even if some people think you're a lucky player. you and Joint worked so well as a team, you did your homework on every opponent and built your teams accordingly. I got love for you. get your freakin DS back so you can play on cart again

I Am a Rookie
we flexin out here. "is that the guy who won US nats who always wears a singlet?" when I realised who you were I decided I was gonna go hard in the bidding wars, man I was lucky Sam choked / PS lagged coz I got you for a bargain. your teams are so heat, congrats on a great season and joint-MVP! hope you enjoyed your first Smogon experience and decide to hang around #linoone

Megazard the other managers slept on you. I honestly just put a bid on you coz I wasn't gonna let Hula get you for nothing and lucky enough I ended up with the joint-MVP. We'd never met before this but now I know you're a cool guy and I wanna keep hanging out. Hope you stick around to play some BSS

miltankmilk I felt bad having you on the bench because it was a waste of your talent but you stepped up when we needed you and were a great team player.

PikachuCandyツ where are you lol

---

and finally, one last Thanks DragonWhale for the road. you did an amazing job running this all, I'm pleasantly surprised how smoothly it all ran, but I'm still not sure whether it's more your hosting or us being a great community :thinking: I'm glad we get along well enough for us to be able to have an argument about how something should work and still be chill at the end of it, no matter how bad my arguments can be sometimes. I've got high hopes for BSPL2 with you behind the wheel.

I think that's it. I love battle spot

logo for use on forums.png

Congrats Cavaliers!

What a fun tourney, although i mostly watched the games and lost mine, but whatever, BSPL2 is what we look forward to!
(4) Castelia Cavaliers vs Saffron Side-Pups (2)
BSS: kamikaze vs Natalie.
This will be a close one but I think kami will take the win. Natalie is not someone you can discount though. It will go down to the final game with kami pulling through at the end.

BSS: Jibaku vs qsns
Jibaku may be the best bss player on the site. I don't see him losing this one at all.

BSS: bobochan vs Jhon
Bobo and Jhon are both great players but Jhon has plenty of tours experience and will not let his team down in the finals.

BSD: I Am a Rookie vs SamVGC
I Am a Rookie will be furious his clean record was tainted by a loss to Matame last week. He will be determined to win this one for his team.

BSD: Memoric vs Alex Gomez
DOUTL. Enough said.

GBU: Megazard vs Feis
This might be a bit controversial. Megazard is on fire right now since he's the only player who is 5-0 right now. This will go to his head and he will lose to Feis in 2 games.

Cavs will take this one and cant say will not stop talking about how he won both the Wi-Fi tour and bspl which will lead to the final oras battle spot civil war.
Holy shit the predicts though. I just hope we can get away from the upcoming Civil War with not much more than a black eye..

We simply must have BSPL2. This was too fun to watch. And screw everyone up by placing bets
Titan will be fierce. Doubles is my blood and ginger-soul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)