Tournament Battle Spot Premier League II - General Announcements thread (also ex: manager-signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

logo by ThickFatAzumarill

Welcome to the second Battle Spot Premier League! This thread is the starting gong for this tour as well as the signup thread for aspiring managers. There will be 6 teams and managers are allowed to draft themselves, just like the first iteration of this league. However, unlike the first BSPL, this year will feature a semifinals between 2nd and 3rd, further pushing teams to aim for the number 1 slot during the season!

Basic Info:
  • All games are going to be held on Pokemon Showdown and general tournament rules apply.
  • All games are going to be a best of 3 set
  • Each week, teams get the following points depending on the result: Win = 2, Tie = 1, Loss = 0
  • Teams with equal points are ranked according to their differential (# of sets won - # of sets lost)
  • Teams that are completely even at the end of the season for a playoff spot will face each other in 3 sets: one format is selected from each team and the third set will be SM Battle Spot Singles
Formats: The number of slots for each (or whether they will exist at all) is still undecided and will be influenced by the number of interested players when players sign up. The slots will be finalized on the 21st of July.
  • SM Battle Spot Singles
  • SM Battle Spot Doubles - Note: This format is teamlocked during the bo3 set (similar to VGC)
  • ORAS Battle Spot Singles
  • GBU Battle Spot Singles
Schedule:
July 10-16: Manager Signups
July 16: Managers are decided and Player Signups go up
July 16-22: Player Signups
July 23: Draft
July 24-Aug 27: Week 1 to 5
Aug 28-Sep 3: Semis between 2nd and 3rd
Sep 4-10: Finals

For Managers

Manager Responsibilities: Managers are required to draft their team on the 23rd. Managers are also responsible for sending in rosters before each week starts, ensuring the activity of their players, and managing substitutions when necessary. Managers are allowed to draft themselves as players for 10k, but they must confirm before the draft starts.

To sign up as a manager, post below with your team name of your choice and a reason why you would make a good manager.

Last edited:
The Tenacious Tapus

Why would I be a good manager? I love the tier with a passion and tournaments like this are really up my alley. I'm currently managing the Paniola Ranchers in what is currently BLT IV, an annual tournament held withing the tournaments room. I've got the experience, I've got the passion, all I need now is the team.

Everything that needs to be done is something I've already done at least once before. This is nothing new to me, and I consider it to be a fun project where I can push players to have some of the most enjoyable, yet vigorous battles they'll ever have.

Not everyone can be a manager of course, though you want this guy right here to kick things off.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
THE THICC CLUBBERS

im gonna take the trump approach to management, jsyk

as a total outsider to actually good competitive play, i can provide a fresh angle and show those crooks in high ladder the will of the people

vote me to let me vote you

yea

e: i probly wont play much, if at all. *cracks whip*​

e2: Make Battle Spot Great Again

Last edited:

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
THE ECRUTEAK BEASTS

Do I have experience in Draft tournaments? Yeah, I was in NPA 2017 as a player, and am playing for the Chinese room in PSPL. I do have plenty of experience leading teams. I used to manage a yugioh team on a forum, and have placed 2nd two war seasons in a row. As a doubles veteran myself, I intend to give everything I got to try to win this thing. And of course, have fun :3

I'm fine with taking over the burden of a team manager, if you deem me worthy of it.

All hail Mew Mew!​

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Mega Genghis Kangaskhans

Missed the time for last years premier league and would love to be a part of this one. I've managed in PUPL as well as played in past NUPLs, so the premier league experience is there. Also perfect timing because just got a new laptop after my old one crashed.

Edit: Also previously managed the battle spot room for pspl

Last edited:
Blackthorn Belly Drummers

I was going to use Ecruteak Sacred Beasts but Mr.GX sniped me.
Regardless, I've played in a few PLs now and have a good feel for how it all runs. I know most of the singles and doubles BS players well, and know the metagames to a high level allowing me to support my players in building and practice.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers

I initially signed up last year to make sure we had enough to actually have managers and wasn't sure I'd want to do it again, but I've had more team tour experience since then and I'm up for another round now. Didn't finish as strong I believe the team should've done so I'd like to prove it this time. Can't go wrong with a broken mon for a mascot either.

Anistar Farseers

Sadly i'm mostly known for being a player that is often kicked out from tournaments very early. Even though, i've been able to score pretty high results in both cartridge and showdown. I think i have enough knowledge of the metagame (you know how much effort i put into the RMTs) to guide players, skipping the part where i get kicked out (lol). Given this, I strongly believe that the role of the manager fits me way more that the one of the tournament player, and i hope you guys don't mind if i skip in.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Time's up! The 6 managers this year are going to be....

Kaori - Saffron Side Pups
dogknees - Tenacious Tapus
cant say - Castelia Cavaliers
Jhon - Blackthorn Belly Drummers
Psynergy - Fallarbor Flare Blitzers
Solerme - Anistar Farseers

Good luck to all of you. Make sure to make a cool banner for your team (I'll work on the logo for the tour too...)! Also let me know on discord when you're available on the 23rd for the auction so that I can organize an actual time where all 6 of you can make the draft.

Keep an eye out for the player signup thread going up right after this.

DragonWhale

I reformed this thread into the public information, my decision-making, etc thread. I want information to be found easily instead of making people look through multiple threads to find what they want. It also auto-alerts all the managers as an added bonus.

Anyways, the reason for this post is to announce two things.

First the draft time for this tournament is going to be on: Sunday July 23, 10:00AM EDT (GMT-4)

Second, the season schedule is as follows:

Week 1:
Castelia Cavaliers vs Blackthorn Belly Drummers
Saffron Side-Pups vs Tenacious Tapus
Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Anistar Farseers

Week 2:
Castelia Cavaliers vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers
Saffron Side-Pups vs Blackthorn Belly Drummers
Tenacious Tapus vs Anistar Farseers

Week 3:
Castelia Cavaliers vs Tenacious Tapus
Saffron Side-Pups vs Anistar Farseers
Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Blackthorn Belly Drummers

Week 4:
Castelia Cavaliers vs Anistar Farseers
Saffron Side-Pups vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers
Tenacious Tapus vs Blackthorn Belly Drummers

Week 5:
Castelia Cavaliers vs Saffron Side-Pups
Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Tenacious Tapus
Blackthorn Belly Drummers vs Anistar Farseers

Let's hope for a good season :pimp:

DragonWhale

FORMAT SLOTS FINAL DECISION

This is the lineup of formats that will be taking place in BSPL II:

SM Battle Spot Singles
SM Battle Spot Singles
SM Battle Spot Singles
SM Battle Spot Doubles
SM Battle Spot Doubles
ORAS Battle Spot Singles

There will be no GBU :[ Not enough interest was gathered in that format, sorry.

In the event of a tiebreak, the two managers will select one format each and the last one will be SM Battle Spot Singles.

That is all.

DragonWhale

PRESEASON TRADES

Ok so before I post week 1 here's the list of transfers that happened:

- P2 went from Saffron Side Pups to Anistar Farssers
- Feis went from Anistar Farseers to Saffron Side Pups
- Hulavuta went from Tenacious Tapus to Fallarbor Flare Blitzers
- Moose and Goose went from Castelia Cavaliers to Tenacious Tapus
- ethan06 went from Fallarbor Flare Blitzers to Castelia Cavaliers

Week 1 will be posted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)