Battle Spot - Simple Questions and Answers

Battle-spot Etiquette question- I've noticed a number of monotype builds today. Is there any unofficial protocol on picking against them? I ask because I kind of felt like a jerk after a mono-grass team forfieted to my Talonflame lead, but on the other hand, what am I supposed to do? Not pick my best grass counter?
Everything you need to know about etiquette:
1) Don't use Minimize or other evasion moves; Muddy Water is fine since its a shit move and Surf is not always viable. Mainly a Doubles/Triples thing.
2) Don't use Chansey + Cofagrigus. Ever.
3) Don't use Perish Song unless your opponent commits one or more of sins 1 - 3 and really fucking deserves it. Otherwise, you're an asshole by default, like Wolfe or my satanic Rotations team. But if you don't care about being an asshole then by all means use the best defense ever against cheese teams. Stockpile + Minimize + PuP Muk? Perish Song and be done with it. Minimize Guard Split Chansey + TR Cofagrigus? Perish Song, fuck that shit.
4) Don't D/C on purpose, be a real (wo)man and forfeit.
5) If you crush your foe via sheer hax on a non-gimmik team, ie 3 crit Dark Pulse in a row on Scarf Hydra, pity them, but do not grant a free/mercy turn. Crush them.
6) If your foe is 200 points lower than you, do not dismiss as a threat. Hax can always win, and you'll lose 22+ points. Slaughter them as any other foe. You might feel bad for spamming Hyper Voice against a team with 0 Fairy resists at first but it disappates as soon as you miss your Hyper Voice against a 1760 Japanese player running Brightpowder Greninja.
7) Don't be /that guy/ that sets up to +6/+6 Dragon Dances on Mega Mence in front of a Scarf Hydra locked into Earth Power as their last pokemon. Just get 1 DD max and fucking kill them.

At least that's my etiquette. lol.
Spamming Brave Bird against someone with 5+ Flying weaknesses is the honorable and godly thing to do. Its not your fault they've never heard of Mega Salamence, Talonflame, or Pidgeotto.

But hey, if you're 1800+ with a Minimize/Guard Split/Toxic/Softboiled Chansey + Cofagrigus + Perish Trap team, I'd say rock on and make the world cringe.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A bit random, but were Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhsn legal in ORAS battles (or for XY battles currently) what nature would you recommend? Gathering stuff in emerald, fire red, and leaf green for exotic ball collecting, ribboning up across generations, and eventually banking over to SuMo for bottle capping.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
A bit random, but were Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhsn legal in ORAS battles (or for XY battles currently) what nature would you recommend? Gathering stuff in emerald, fire red, and leaf green for exotic ball collecting, ribboning up across generations, and eventually banking over to SuMo for bottle capping.
In the season that allowed non-pentagons there were several approaches people took with Seismic Toss Kangashkan. You'd have bulky or all-out attacker variants that would just run Adamant/Jolly and carry Seismic Toss just to hit bulky stuff without needing to run/rely on Power-Up Punch or in the event you're burned, but the exotic ones would run Modest and have 3 special moves with Seismic Toss. That being said, with the Parental Bond nerf in SM, the crazy Special ones are probably not viable at this point so I'd say Adamant/Jolly would be the way to go for Seismic Toss Kang.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In singles I think only modest and timid are viable as Seismic Toss is your way of getting by Suicune, Rotom-W, Gyarados etc that otherwise wall Ice Beam / Fire Blast / Shadow Ball. Otherwise Seismic Toss is outclassed by Double-Edge / Facade / Earthquake. There might be some potential in bold / calm on bulkier builds but those sound super niche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)