Tournament Battle Spot Singles Season 6 Cartridge Tournament [Won by: Psynergy!]

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Season 6 Cartridge Tournament

I know USUM's out and you want to play that instead but please play on Sun/Moon for consistency's sake. Thank you.

Round 1

chemcoop vs Psynergy
ThickFatAzumarill vs Mishimono
cant say vs Jmal98
greilmercenary9 vs Doobzi

Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SM Battle Spot Singles Tournament.
  • The tournament will be Best of Three, Single Elimination.
  • Players may NOT change their teams during the Best of Three. You must continue to battle with the same team throughout the set. You CAN switch teams between rounds.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Sun/Pokemon Moon on the 3DS.
  • Banned Pokemon: Pokemon that requires the use of Pokemon Ultra Sun/Pokemon Ultra Moon to be legal.
  • Replays must be saved and PM'd to me on forums or on discord (if I'm participating PM another battle spot mod who isn't). A lot of information can be mined out of a team through mock battles, so this is the best option we have atm.
  • In an event of a disconnect, the player who disconnects will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch. If a DC happens, make sure to take a photo of the screen so that I know who DC'd. In the event the screens don't reveal the cause of the disconnect, the game will be reset (but not the set. If the DC occurred at game 3 you will restart at g3).
Standard Rules
  • You need to play with "Flat Rules" and "Single Battle" in the challenge screen.
Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player. This applies to the use of alts as well. Any player who breaks this will be disqualified and permanently banned from the circuit, in addition to the punishment handed by the Tournament Directors.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

This round ends Sunday, November 26 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Won in 2 fairly amusing games against chemcoop, unfortunately not entirely hax-free but it was worth the wait. Apparently I can only beat chemcoop when I make a team hours before playing. Or maybe it's cart luck.

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright so the time has come for activity calls and other business:

greilmercenary9 vs Doobzi - greil and Doobzi were unable to meet during the scheduled time, partly due to a communication error on greil's end. As they told me they are unable to play until next weekend, the activity win goes to Doobzi.

cant say vs jmal98 - Jmal98 claimed to be busy and gave cant say the win.

I will not be doing substitutions in this tournament to speed up the process and have the Invitational ASAP.

Re: Jmal98

This tournament is the third time Jmal has been unable to play in round 1 (previously Cart3 and PS4), which has made Jmal's motivation to continue in this circuit a real concern. I have not created a rule that disqualifies a player from the circuit for repeated activity issues (though in hindsight I probably should've), and I have no intentions of making one now and retroactively apply it to Jmal. So, I am going to give him an opportunity to confirm his intent to participate in the Invitational by the end of round 2 via this thread or by PM, or face disqualification. It might sound harsh, and under normal circumstances activity issues aren't that big of a deal, but the management of a year-end tournament is at stake and this is the fairest way I found to deal with this situation. Thanks for understanding.

DragonWhale

Round 2

Psynergy vs ThickFatAzumarill
cant say vs Doobzi

Specific Rules
  • Players may NOT change their teams during the Best of Three. You must continue to battle with the same team throughout the set. You CAN switch teams between rounds.
  • Banned Pokemon: Pokemon that requires the use of Pokemon Ultra Sun/Pokemon Ultra Moon to be legal.
  • Replays must be saved and PM'd to me on forums or on discord (if I'm participating PM another battle spot mod who isn't). A lot of information can be mined out of a team through mock battles, so this is the best option we have atm.
  • In an event of a disconnect, the player who disconnects will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch. If a DC happens, make sure to take a photo of the screen so that I know who DC'd. In the event the screens don't reveal the cause of the disconnect, the game will be reset (but not the set. If the DC occurred at game 3 you will restart at g3).
Standard Rules
  • You need to play with "Flat Rules" and "Single Battle" in the challenge screen.
Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player. This applies to the use of alts as well. Any player who breaks this will be disqualified and permanently banned from the circuit, in addition to the punishment handed by the Tournament Directors.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

This round ends Sunday, December 3 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:
Alright so the time has come for activity calls and other business:

cant say vs jmal98 - Jmal98 claimed to be busy and gave cant say the win.

I will not be doing substitutions in this tournament to speed up the process and have the Invitational ASAP.

Re: Jmal98

This tournament is the third time Jmal has been unable to play in round 1 (previously Cart3 and PS4), which has made Jmal's motivation to continue in this circuit a real concern. I have not created a rule that disqualifies a player from the circuit for repeated activity issues (though in hindsight I probably should've), and I have no intentions of making one now and retroactively apply it to Jmal. So, I am going to give him an opportunity to confirm his intent to participate in the Invitational by the end of round 2 via this thread or by PM, or face disqualification. It might sound harsh, and under normal circumstances activity issues aren't that big of a deal, but the management of a year-end tournament is at stake and this is the fairest way I found to deal with this situation. Thanks for understanding.

I guess I'll use this thread to confirm that I will be playing in the invitational. I understand I kinda just dropped off the face of the earth for a few months, but the invitational is something I've been looking forward to since it was announced last year so I will definitely participate. Also want to apologize to cant say, I do have a lot on my plate right now and pokemon has been the last thing on my mind lately. However no excuse, I should've let you know earlier so you could at least find a sub.

DragonWhale

FINALS

Specific Rules
Standard Rules

This round ends Sunday, December 10 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lost to psynergy in 2. he played well but I was super tilted after missing HJK turn 1 game 1. I also brought the wrong p2 and did 3 damage with return lol. I didn't deserve to make playoffs after all that, so good luck to Megazard and everyone else who qualified

DragonWhale

Replays:

Round 1:

ThickFatAzumarill vs Mishimono
g1: X67W WWWW WWWA APRM
g2: HHRW WWWW WWWA APS5

Psynergy vs chemcoop
Game 1: 346G-WWWW-WWWA-EDBQ
Game 2: HLXW-WWWW-WWWA-EDC5

Round 2:

cant say vs Doobzi
2Y9G-WWWW-WWWA-NUSE
33NG-WWWW-WWWA-NUUP
E2EG-WWWW-WWWA-NVW8

Psynergy vs ThickFatAzumarill
Game 1: B9DW-WWWW-WWWA-V7NA
Game 2: ZTRG-WWWW-WWWA-V7QK
Game 3: B5JW-WWWW-WWWA-V7QQ

Finals:

cant say vs Psynergy
Game 1: 9YTG-WWWW-WWWB-H7QT
Game 2: RJ4W-WWWW-WWWB-H7R6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)