Battle Tree Discussion and Records

hey guys, just a quick question regarding Pokemon Sun - The Battle Tree
A mate and I were single battling, we had a Toucannon out vsing a Lycanroc.
Lyc used its z power - Continental Crush. It went through the cutscene and then it missed and did nothing to Toucannon?
Has anyone got a explanation to this?
I posted in the general part of the forums and they said people here might have a better idea. Thx :)

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey guys, just a quick question regarding Pokemon Sun - The Battle Tree
A mate and I were single battling, we had a Toucannon out vsing a Lycanroc.
Lyc used its z power - Continental Crush. It went through the cutscene and then it missed and did nothing to Toucannon?
Has anyone got a explanation to this?
I posted in the general part of the forums and they said people here might have a better idea. Thx :)
Was the Toucannon using Fly and in the invulnerable turn of that move? Z-moves are unaffected by accuracy drops/evasion, but can fail due to type immunity or Dig/Fly.

Alternatively, are you sure that Lycanroc used Continental Crush, and not Z-Stealth Rock or Z-Rock Polish? The only Lycanroc set in the Tree that holds Rockium-Z runs Accelerock as its only damaging Rock-move, and usually opts to go for a status Z-move instead.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It's been a while since I posted, but I've been lurking. For those interested, I've given up on my Trick Room Sun Team because I feel like it was way too relyant on Trick Room and the the reason for sucessus was Oranguru and Hariyama instead of Torkoal and Mega Camerupt. Also, for my Mega Blaziken, Salamence, Xurkitree Speed Pass team I replaced Double-Edge with Iron Tail on Salamence. (No, he doesn't get Iron Head.) I veiw it as a choice between a Fairy slaying move that will screw by failing to slay the fairy and a Fairy slaying move that is likely to screw you over by missing. I know that using anything lower than 100 accurcy is very bad in the tree because you have to win every game, but a 25% chance of failure is still better than a 100% chance.

For my next Doubles team, I've been interested in Aron teams and with Togedemaru getting Endeavor I decided to try one out. Does anyone have any tips before I do? Also, I'm thinking about Mega Audino for the Trick Room setter, but I don't know if I should have a Relaxed or Sassy nature. I'm thinking Relaxed is probably better. (and a better influence for me. :P)

Doesn't Double edge do more than super effective iron tail?

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Florges: 181-214 (118.3 - 139.8%)
252 Atk Salamence-Mega Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Florges: 170-200 (111.1 - 130.7%)

CTNC

Doesn't Double edge do more than super effective iron tail?

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Florges: 181-214 (118.3 - 139.8%)
252 Atk Salamence-Mega Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Florges: 170-200 (111.1 - 130.7%)
I'm one of the few people haven't used Mega Salamence. Speed Pass with Moxie Z-Outrage is hilarious, but after seeing that, I'm thinking just Dragon Dance Mega is probobly better than Speed Pass Moxie Non-Mega...

CTNC

Why not have Earthquake instead?
Because it already knows Earthquake to deal with Steel Types. Double-Edge was mostly Filler.

I'm just going to copy/past the Salamance set from the post where I said I got 102 Wins. Keep in mind the lead is an Adamant Batton Pass Mega-Blaziken and I've replaced Double-Edge with Iron Tail.

Salamence (Apocalypse) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance

For the Pokemon to receive the speed boost my first choice was Salamence. She is hilariously powerful. With Moxie and Dragonium Z, she might be better for this strategy than Mega-Salamence. (I've never used Mega-Salamence on any team, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but keep in mind I said "for this strategy.") The difference between the Attack stats between the Mega and Non-Mega is small and after Aerilate, Return has about the same Power as Outrage. The Downside of Outrage isn't that big when Devastating Drake is used instead. It's a Power 285 Move (with Stab) off of 205 Attack, so not OHKOing something with it is pretty rare. After that the next Pokemon the opponent sends out is a probably a Dragon Resist if they have one. (I say probably because a surprising number of Steel Types were held back. I think it was out of fear of Blaziken.) If they don't have a Dragon resist, then use Outrage. With the Moxie boost, Its power is like using Devastating Drake again! Because of that, I recommenced "wasting" your Z-Move on "extreme overkill" if you can't KO with Earthquake or Double-Edge just to avoid getting locked into Outrage. Few Steel Types can survive Earthquake and KO back. Double-Edge is the best 100 Accuracy Move against Fairies, but if you're using it, it probably means Salamence is going to get killed by a Fairy. Even at +1 Attack, Double-Edge sucks, but I don't think there's a better filler move. Dragon Dance is in case you don't get a Speed Boost Baton Passed to her or you need the Attack Boost for some reason. The Adamant Nature instead of Jolly is used because she outspeeds everything that's unboosted when she has +1 Speed without Jolly. When she doesn't have a speed boost, I'm usually hoping for something to Dragon Dance on or that nothing outspeeds me and I don't think a Jolly nature helps with that too much. (If it does, I'm a lucky noob.)

If you think that Apocalypse is an over the top nickname, I disagree. Few Pokemon are powerful enough to live up to that nickname. This Pokemon lives up to it. Also, Murderpocalypse was too long. :P (I'm not joking. I really wanted to nickname her Murderpocalypse.)
That said, after thinking about it, with Baton Pass or Dragon Dance the opponent gets a turn to hit Salamence and I don't often get more than +1 Speed passed, so I'm thinking I'd be better off with Standard Mega-Salamence without Speed Pass.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted, but I've been lurking. For those interested, I've given up on my Trick Room Sun Team because I feel like it was way too relyant on Trick Room and the the reason for sucessus was Oranguru and Hariyama instead of Torkoal and Mega Camerupt. Also, for my Mega Blaziken, Salamence, Xurkitree Speed Pass team I replaced Double-Edge with Iron Tail on Salamence. (No, he doesn't get Iron Head.) I veiw it as a choice between a Fairy slaying move that will screw by failing to slay the fairy and a Fairy slaying move that is likely to screw you over by missing. I know that using anything lower than 100 accurcy is very bad in the tree because you have to win every game, but a 25% chance of failure is still better than a 100% chance.

For my next Doubles team, I've been interested in Aron teams and with Togedemaru getting Endeavor I decided to try one out. Does anyone have any tips before I do? Also, I'm thinking about Mega Audino for the Trick Room setter, but I don't know if I should have a Relaxed or Sassy nature. I'm thinking Relaxed is probably better. (and a better influence for me. :P)

I have some Togedemaru that are ready for use if you need one.

I hardly ever use Salamence as well. I think it is the best mega overall for the battle tree, but I find its design so horrific that I don't want to use it.

Also, Worldie I built a version of you Sun team a while back when you first posted it. I am trying sash Pheromosa as an offensive answer to the team's problems, since as you found, a defensive one does not seem to exist.

Introduction:
Today, I'm going to present to you a team that did unexpectedly so well in the Battle Tree that it managed to reach 319, and it has yet to loose. But before I begin, I want to clarify though that the chosen EV spread is not specifically for this format. It is more for private battles with friends or for VGC if I ever choose to participate at a tournament. And also, I just wanted to get as much Battle Points (BP) as possible with those Pokémon (Pkm) I transferred from Moon to UltraMoon.
If there are any mistakes – English isn't my mother tongue – or if you want to give some advices, feel free to do so!

Team:
Zapdos @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Static
Level: 50
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 140 SpA / 124 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 212 HP / 244 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clanging Scales
- Laser Focus
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Protect
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

How my idea developed:
When I saw that Kommo-o got some serious buffs, I immediately wanted to find out how good he would far in a battle. At first, I wasn't sure whether I should use him as a mixed sweeper with a defensive reducing nature or a special sweeper, but after some debate with myself I went for the latter because bulk wise I wanted him to profit from his Z-Move as much as possible. And if I wanted to hit opponents on the physical side, I could still rely on his partners.
Now, with that decided, I want to explain the EV spread:
- 52 EVs in Spe gives him a speed of 112, which, after Tailwind support, is enough to outspeed any Pkm that doesn't have a Choice Scarf.
- 212 HP allows him to reach 177, which, if I understand correctly, is an ideal number to take residual damage such as weather or burn.
- the rest of the EVs went into SpA so that he could hit as hard as possible
As for his moves, Clanging Scale and Protect were obvious choices. The first combines well with his stats-boosting Z-Move and does quite a lot of damage; the second is a well-known staple in Doubles as it allows you to scout for important informations and possibly gain momentum.
The rest of his moves was quite difficult to decide. I had several options such as Focus Blast or Hidden Power [Ice], but as I found myself using the latter extremely rarely I changed this move into Laser Focus. While nothing has changed much, I had at least an effective way to deal with Pkm boosting their defences, which in my experiences was way more useful than Hidden Power [Ice] or Flash Canon or Flamethrower could have ever be. There is, however, the option to use Work Up to do consistent damage, but I haven't tested it out, and I still think that having a guaranteed and an especially fast way to get rid off a Pkm that has already managed to boost his defensive stats is better. But maybe, some of you could tell me otherwise. :]
Now, you might be asking 'Why the hell are you using Focus Blast?'. I know this move is known for its shaky 75% accuracy, but in general I only use it if the circumstances allows it, such when there is no other option to use another move or if missing an opponent doesn't really affect me. And while it's not really an argument, I follow the philosophy of 'No risk, no fun'. If, however, you are adamant about consistency, then you could try out Flamethrower or Hidden Power Fighting in order to deal with some really tough Steel Pkm such as Registeel with Amnesia.

After Kommo-o, I wanted to use a Pkm that would work well with him and vice versa. Metagross was my first option because he resists the dragon's weaknesses. And the Dragon Pkm can switch into Fire and Dark moves. Thanks to Bulletproof it can also switch into Shadow Ball. Because Metagross has such a physical defense, especially when it's mega-evolved, it doesn't really fear physical ghost moves as they are fairly weak in general.
As for his EVs, they are pretty straight forward. Metagross is supposed to hit as hard and as fast as possible. When it comes to his moves, Iron Head is ideal to get rid off pesky Fairy Pkm. Stomping Tantrum is a good way to hurt Fire and Steel Pkm more easily. So you don't have to switch out Metagross as often if your opponent has a Pkm that might pose a threat to him. And Ice Punch is just for Dragon and Flying Pkm.

The third member of this team is Zapdos, acting more as a support Pkm that would set up Tailwind quite consistently. This creature's EV spread is—as I've already said—for private battles with friends. It should be fast enough to outspeed Adamant Bisharp or Breloom, and strong enough to OHKO Landorus-T with Hidden Power Ice if I recall right. And if it had a Seed boosting its special defense, then Modest Tapu Lele would need three Psychic to knock him down. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Hidden Power [Ice] on Zapdos because the one I got was through GTS and I didn't want to catch a Modest Zapdos in UltraMoon because I needed a Calm one if I wanted to build a mono electric team.
Anyway, I've already trained this Zapdos and was too lazy to change its EVs when I transferred him to UltraMoon, especially because I didn't have those special berries that would delete the EVs of your choice. Nonetheless, this spread was quite useful in the Battle Tree because it was able to shrug off strong attacks from Pkm such as Espeon or Magnezone. And with a Grassy Seed it could turn many physical moves into a 2 or 3HKO. With that it's even able to survive Stone Edge from a Mega Tyrannitar, but you shouldn't rely too much on that what's with the relatively high crit ratio.
Now, because this Zapdos didn't have Hidden Power Ice I went for Heat Wave, and I must say that I came to love this move. I didn't miss ice at all because Zapdos would easily threaten pesky Grass or Steel Pkm that might annoy my team. And as for Roost, I don't use it very much but it can be handy in some situations when, for example, you want to stall out Trick Room turns or abuse its ability static if a Pkm should try to make contact with him.

The last member of this team is Tapu Bulu. Thanks to its ability it would soften up the ground match-up that might overwhelm Metagross. It's also nice to recover your own Pkm a bit, especially when they have to rely on their bulk. And the fact that it can threaten ground Pkm or even fat water Pkm is a nice addendum. It can also switch into Dark or Dragon moves that might threaten Kommo-o or Metagross.
Although I select Grass moves most of the time, I went for Life Orb instead of Meadow Plate because the first would OHKO or 2HKO Pkm that could be a danger to me otherwise, in my experiences in Moon. I don't remember anymore which Pkm were concerned, but I believe it was mostly Dragon Pkm such as Haxorus, Garchomp, Latios, and Fire Pkm such as Mega Charizard Y and Rotom-Heat.
Tapu Bulu has the same speed as Kommo-o with the chosen EV, and it has the same ideal number for residual damage such as weather or burn. But I think you need to change the EVs in HP because Tapu Bulu uses Life Orb. (In Moon, I used Meadow Plate, hence its 161 HP but I eventually realized that Life Orb was far better). At the moment I don't have the time and means to change its EV, but Tapu Bulu should have a HP value of 159, I think, because every time it lands a hit it will loose 10% of its health. The rest could then go into his defence.

How to use this team:
Zapdos and Metagross lead the game.
If there's no threat of a Trick Room, set up Tailwind as soon as possible. Ideally, in your first turn.
Depending on the team of your opponent, Metagross will either attack or use Protect.
If you expect your opponent to attack Metagross with Fire moves and if you've already used Protect, then let Metagross take it (Usually, it survives Flareblitz from not too strong Fire Pkm. And it survives special Fire moves if they aren't used by Fire Pkm). Of course, you could switch him out with Kommo-o but I'm of the opinion that Kommo-o won't be able to rely on its bulk that much after that, and it needs to be as healthy as possible in order to give your opponent a hard time.
If your opponent resorts to Shadow Ball, it can be very useful to switch Metagross out with Kommo-o as Kommo-o is immune to it thanks to its ability. On another note: it can also switch into Sludge Bomb if you want to preserve Tapu Bulu.

Now, if either Zapdos or Metagross faints, I usually use Kommo-o because it won't be affected by Intimidate if you managed to knock down an opponent Pkm in the same turn as your other Pkm was defeated. And from there on, you will very likely click Kommo-o's Z-Move and watch Pkm go down. And that's it. There isn't really much to say about how to play this team.
But I can talk about potential threats.
Mega Tyranitar can easily OHKO Zapdos or Metagross, so be careful around him, especially when you have to preserve one of your Pkm. I wouldn't switch out your Pkm unless you are very sure who it will target with its move.
Archeops. While not really a threat, it can OHKO Zapdos with Head Smash, and since both Archeops and Metagross have the same speed you won't always be able to hurt your opponent at first. And again, I wouldn't advise to switch Zapdos out here because you don't want your other Pkm to take too much damage.
Volcarona. It has never been a threat to me because I always got rid of him quite fast, but be aware of the fact that it can threaten three of your Pkm with Fire moves or Hurricane. Usually, it's a bulky Volcarona in my experiences. So what are you going to do? First set up Tailwind while Metagross attack him with Stomping Tantrum even though there's a chance it could get burned. After setting up Tailwind Zapdos should focus on attacking Volcarona. Metagross should do the same unless your opponent has another threat.
Weavile. That's one of the few Pkm where I would actually switch out Metagross (but that depends on the opponent's team) and use Tapu Bulu so that you can boost Zapdos defense, thus allowing him to take Ice Punch a bit more comfortably.
Other then that, get rid of Fairies as fast as possible because once Metagross is down Kommo-o will be in a lot of trouble. Zapdos and Tapu Bulu might help him out but don't rely too much on that because Fairies in general are bulky on the special side and Tapu Bulu gets worn down very quickly due to its not so high special defense and the fact that Woodhammer + Life Orb cost him much hp.
The most dangerous Fairy Pkm to this team is Mega Mawile. Sucker Punch does quite a lot of damage to Metagross, so use Protect wisely and switch him out if you must.
Because of the team's glaring weakness to ice make sure to get rid of Ice Pkm as fast as possible. Especially Glaceon is a huge annoyance because it often carries a Focus Sash.
Well, that's all I have to say, I think. Thank you very much for reading! :]

EDIT
QR Code: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/usum/BT-1FCA-47BD

Last edited:
1513226506282.png

PSA: If you have a problem with Minimize Blissey screwing you up in Battle Subway Doubles, here are a few tips.

1. Use a Substitute + Leftovers Pokemon. Protect is a plus, especially in Doubles and/or you are using Heatran (Pyrrha is a Heatran, in case you haven't realized it yet).
2. Use any Leech Seed Pokemon. As long as you hit Leech Seed once, you win.
3. Blissey can't do anything to Ferrothorn with Leftovers. If Ferrothorn is at full health or if it has Protect, Blissey can't Mud Bomb it to death.
4. Any Rest user that isn't weak against Mud Bomb. They don't use too much PP, so that's always a plus.
5. A super slow Perish Song user. I recommend Politoed.
6. Gengar period, but watch out for other Blissey sets, and conserve PP and HP.

Has anyone actually tried a Setup in Doubles like this:

Stantler, @Choicescarf, max Speed; Skill Swap + Fillers
Milotic, Adrenaline Orb, max Speed, SAtk; Protect, Surf, Icebeam, HP something

1st turn: Outspeed almost anything with Skillswap + Protect with Milotic. Foe gets Stantlers Intimidate, and Competitive Milotic gets +2SAtk and +1Speed from Adrenaline Orb. Seems like a relatively save Setup to me, in comparison the other attempts to get (S)Atk and Speed Boosts in Doubles. The only Thing is Stantler getting flinched or killed from faster Mons, Priority or Quickclaw, or if the Opponent also Setups. But +2SAtk STAB Surf is definitely nothing to kid with; also the great Special bulk from Milotic gets nicely complemented by one or two Intimidates by the time its under attack. If one Opponent also has Initimidate and no one outspeeds Milotic, it is even at +6 in turn two before it attacks.
Well of Course there are Pokemon that still cant be OHKOed and can OHKOe back (with crits), and Stantler is dead weight (ok, it can alternately boost Milotic and intimidate the foes), so many Things Need to be figured out.

Saw some Skill Swap + Defiant Action in a vid, and noticed yesterday, that there is a item like Adrenaline Orb, which brought me on the idea.
Maybe its just gimmicky though.

Essentially anything that has the "setup" word in it is terrifyingly inconsistent for doubles B-tree.

Trick Room is the only reliable, sort of, thing since you can work around turn 1 by using Fake Out support and properly bulky setters, but it has it's own share of problems.

And for that specific case, there's far too many things that don't care of Surf (which also drops power in Doubles btw), Sun specialists, spdef walls (Blissey says hi) on top of faster scarf users (hello Garchomp-3), Trick Room specialists, 1hko users, mons that are flat out immune to Skill Swap, the list can continue :P

...so no :)

Well, in this thread we have also seen Tailwind Teams that worked, for instance.

One Option may be to Switch in a rain setter in the second turn. While nothing (unboosted) can OHKO Milotic without a crit or KO-move (Pinsir), all of them except Garchomp3 are savely OHKOed by surf, and very many other neutral hits, too (only past 50 sets considered).
While there is only Illusion which cannot be skill swapped, and Blissey may be handled by the backrow, the list as you said goes on, and at a Point where one considers of taking in a second supporting Pokemon, it may probably better to screw it.

So yeah, gimmick.. Might still be fun to try it out.

Tailwind is a different kind of beast that generally has pokes that can very well stand their foot without it and use it for extra.

Also, you are mistaken in thinking that only Illusion can't be skillswapped. Anyone in the Singles leaderboard who uses Entrainment Durant might let you know there's a few more, expecially threatening options.

Also, you are mistaken in thinking that only Illusion can't be skillswapped. Anyone in the Singles leaderboard who uses Entrainment Durant might let you know there's a few more, expecially threatening options.
According to serebii there are 4 abilities it doesnt work with: Illusion, Wonderguard, Stance Change and Multitype. The last 3 dont show up in the tree.
Do i miss something? (Not that it matters that much)

Doesn’t it also fail with Schooling, Disguise and Comatose? I thought there were a bunch of new abilities that couldn’t be tampered with. I think I’m still missing some.

Trick Room is a bit more difficult to activate for the reason Worldie touched on, since the addition of Z-moves and Megas creates the inevitable possibility of lead setups that can easily kill bulky setters without disabling or neutering at least one of them. Fake Out is generally the best way to do that right now. Once you can set it up, steamrolling is pretty easily done and there are a lot of new powerhouses for the job.

Entrainment doesn't fail on Wonder Guard (either for overwriting it or if you somehow got a Shedinja to know that move and pass the ability on to someone else). It does also fail against Battle Bond (which you'll never face), Shields Down (which you might), and sort-of against Magic Bounce (because they steal the move to use against you, replacing your own ability with Magic Bounce).

Posting a streak of 181 in Battle Tree on Ultra Sun

I used the core team of Dragonite/Mega Scizor/ Suicune that I had used in my Moon version and gotten up to 119 wins with a few tweaks. Not going to go into as much detail since it's almost exactly the same team I used before.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Multiscale
52/252/4/0/4/196 credit for this spread goes to HeadsIWinTailsYouLose who offered this as a suggestion when I was looking for a bulkier spread.
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Dragon Dance

Previously I had been using a Dragonite with Fire Punch instead of Roost and a spread of 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP but I wanted to try something different and it really seemed to work out. I miss out on a little bit of coverage by choosing Roost over Fire Punch but being able to set up more Dragon Dances pretty much make up for the missing super effective fire moves. Roost is great combined with Multiscale, set up a couple Dragon Dances and regain HP with Roost and most of the time I just sweep with Dragonite.

The bane of running this set is Togekiss who is immune to Earthquake and Outrage. Skarmory is also a pain but at least doesn’t wall Dragonite completely.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant
Technician
252 HP/252 Attack/ 6 Def
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Plays pretty similar to Dragonite, just set up with Swords Dance and alternate Roost to regain health before hopefully sweeping at +6. Steel typing is awesome to deal with any ice or fairy types that would give Dragonite problems.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold
Pressure
252 HP/ 252 Defence/6 SpD
-Scald
-Icy Wind
-Calm Mind
-Rest

Super bulky and awesome and does a great job of switching in on any ice or fire moves that Dragonite or Scizor wouldn't want to get hit by. Even though Suicune's hidden ability is available now I would still recommend Pressure to stall out PP while Suicune sets up Calm Minds. Ice Beam could be used over Icy Wind but I like the -1 speed Icy Wind gives, it allows me to control the flow of battles easier and set up Calm Minds before the opponent can attack me.

I uploaded the video before the new USUM update and when I went to view it I can't find it now. As soon as this issue is fixed I will post the video.
The loss was embarrassing, I was playing halfheartedly wile watching Gladiator and got swept by a Terrakion who outsped my Dragonite and just destroyed my team. Again as soon as I can review the video again I'll write up a better review.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Spent a large chunk of my afternoon first trying to find a fucking Guzzlord (needless to say I'm not a fan of the warp hole game) and then SRing to find a 0 Spd Quiet or a shiny, whichever came first. The 0-Q came first, thankfully after only maybe 40 resets.

I dunno if people use this method for Stakataka, but it's worked for a couple gens now- you level your Abra with the desired nature until you come within a point of the speed threshhold you want to reach and then add just one more point onto that. So for Guzzlord I just used the festival plaza to add a few levels and then popped a Carbos to bring it to 51 (lv60 Guzzlord has 50 speed with a 0 IV.) Then I trigger the battle and attempt to Psyshock with Abra and immediately reset if Guzzlord moved first. It worked for Landorus, albeit with much more speed, and it worked for Stacky. Really cuts down on the time spent searching.

There's a lot of complaining about Guzzlord being the hardest UB to find for its... actual value in battles, but I just really wanted to try a special variant instead. If nothing else it won't get shut down by Ferrothorn so easily <_<

Team Stakataka saved at 80 wins and hasn't moved from there since, but I'll come back to it. I'll actuallly post some shit if I can at least get it to 150 or 200, whichever seems more within reach once I've managed to crack 100 with whatever difficulty (not gonna bother bragging about any team that can't even do that.) Only one Escavalier and M-Mawile/Camerupt so far and they all appeared under optimal conditions so I didn't get to see what kind of rape they can inflict otherwise. No lead Tyrantrum4 either.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)