Other Metagames [BH] Enjoy the silence

(Click the image for music)

Team development

I started with the very simple core of Choice Specs Aerilate M-Rayquaza and Poison Heal Regigigas. They generally share the same checks and counters and help break these down with high powered stabs (Boomburst // Facade). Not to mention each in their own is a very big threat to opposing teams.

Fur-Coat Giratina was added next as a general check to most of the hard physical hitters in the format (mainly Primal-Groudon) and to act as an emergency imposter-proofer against my Regigigas and opposing Regigigas.

Magic Bounce M-Audino fully counters my Giratina and acts as a good neutral wall to most threats in the format. It also deals Normalize M-Gengar and opposing passive walls extremely well.

This slot originally belonged to Flash Fire Registeel, but meta changes and personal preference led me to choose Prankster-Aegislash. It imposter-proofs M-Rayquaza and acts as an emergency stop to most set-up sweepers in the format. It's also a decent spin-blocker along with Giratina meaning rocks can stay up.

Imposter Chansey finally rounds out the team, provides the team with a lot of flexibility, another way to check set-up sweepers, and allows this team to beat problem match-ups it wouldn't usually be able to. It's also a great source of infinite PP which helps versus stall match-ups. Chansey also imposter-proofs M-Rayquaza should you have to sac Aegislash to get rid of a set-up sweeper.

Team in-depth

Rise Above (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Techno Blast / Sunsteel Strike
- Secret Sword
- Boomburst
- Trick

Choice Specs Aerilate M-Rayquaza is a simple set, but that doesn't take away from it's potency. With Stealth Rocks up, Boomburst has the potential to 2hko most bulky steels in the meta (it can 2hko regen-vest steels after their Assault Vest has been knocked off). M-Rayquza chunks everything that wants to come in to check it and this is desirable for this team as Regigigas needs a bit of support to do it's work. This set is simple enough and I tend to use the first set (the one not in purple). Techno-Blast is there since soundproof has slowly been making a come-back and I hate not being able to chunk things simply because of a sound-proof mon. Secret sword is mostly there for extra damage versus Steels when choice specs gets knocked off - it's also quite good against the odd M-Tyranitar. Boomburst is high powered stab that is mostly what this set will be launching off if there are no sound-proof pokemon on the opposing team. Trick allows you to shut down a stall mon - but it does mean that once you trick, the other members on the team cannot spam Knock off as freely. I think trick is quite necessary on this set and team as the stall match-up leaves a bit to be desired.

This set doesn't really have a way to hit Sturdy Shedinja - and while I haven't had problems thus far with Shedinja - if you feel like you need it (Sunsteel Strike), feel free to add it on as a way to hit Shedinja. The reason why it is Sunsteel strike and not Moongeist Beam is so that Aegislash can still wall it.

Built to kill (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Shift Gear

Poison-Heal Regigigas, like Aerilate M-Rayquaza is nothing new - yet it's reliable and does its job really well. That job, being to win and to perhaps break things for M-Rayquaza. It imposter-proofs itself as long as you stay at +1 attack and has great utility with knock off and spore. Facade hits insanely hard once you are poisoned. There's not much more to say about this set really. I used to have PH-Primal Kyogre in this slot, but Primal Kyogre and I are not friends. And I've always used Regigigas, it was one of the first pokemon I began to use regularly when I started playing Balanced Hackmons. An important thing to keep in mind is, don't let your toxic orb get knocked off before you are poisoned as this is one of the main sleep absorbers in this team and it really needs to be poisoned to do its job.

Black Coffee (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Dragon Tail
- Core Enforcer
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Fur-Coat Giratina is a good check to almost all physical attackers in tier. Griseous orb allows it to not be tricked, which is useful as it's an important glue pokemon on this team. The move set is self-explanatory, but I'll explain it a bit. Dragon-Tail is to phase set-up sweepers and to mess with passive teams lacking a fairy (once rocks are up). Core-Enforcer is really good and lets you deal with opposing PH pokemon easier and get up rocks versus magic bounce pokemon (as long as you are slower and they are not a fairy). Stealth rock is mandatory as a means of dealing with Shedinja and allowing M-Rayquaza to 2hko bulky steels. Finally, yes, I know its recovery move is not shore-up. I don't like shore-up, please don't tell me its supposed benefits - I haven't seen sand in many a year.

Dorothy (Audino-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Baton Pass
- Soft Boiled

Magic Bounce M-Audino is a good neutral wall for most of the tier. Magic bounce allows it to check passive walls and normalize M-Gengar extremely well. Knock off is annoying for every team as pokemon in BH are mostly reliant on their items. The benefit of having knock off on M-Audino means that you often catch PH mons that think they can get a free toxic orb proc and / or you get to knock off assault vests from walls. It's really useful. Rocky helmet is there to punish u-turn / fake out and act as a last-ditch method of dealing with Shedinja (make sure you remove their protective pads first). Spectral thief is to ensure that M-Audino is not set up fodder and combined with baton pass means that you can power up Regigigas or M-Rayquaza for pretty much free. Baton pass also has really high PP - making it useful in stall matchups. It's important to ensure that M-Audino doesn't get statused (paralyzed is fine) as it can greatly harm it's ability to check things reliably. Don't lose your helmet if possible.

Also, just as a sidenote. I have been noticing a lot of Lvl 99 M-Audino lately. Personally I think M-Audino needs to be at lvl 100 for bulk reasons, but if you feel the need to I suppose lvl 99 M-Audino is ok to underspeed better.

Silence (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Rapid Spin
- Shore up

Aegislash improofs M-Rayquaza and acts as an emergency stop to most set-up sweepers in the tier. It's important not to reveal destiny-bond too early one as it relies mostly on the element of surprise to work. Haze is there to get rid of boosts. I chose safety goggles so as not to be completely murked by mold-breaker spore and rapid spin is there to clear hazards for the team. Rapid spin is chosen over defog as rapid spin has higher PP and because Aegi itself can block an imposter who comes in to try and spin away rocks. Aegi, being a ghost is also immune to Magnet-trapping and shadow-tag / as well as any other sort of trapping move (giratina is also immune). So that's pretty useful.

Deja-Vu (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Rapid Spin
- Whirlwind
- Slack off

This pokemon is self-explanatory if you have a smidget of BH knowledge - but it is here as a general purpose tool that rounds out most of the weaknesses of the team and acts as a way to beat scary set-up sweepers. The moveset is there in case I cannot imposter the pokemon (mostly because they are behind a sub) or where Chansey needs to check an opposing imposter. Rapid spin is probably moot - but I really don't like hazards on my side of the team.

Example Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-595168604 v Shed Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-595175042 v Shed stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-595120236 v 6 mon spam
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-595102082 v set-up spam
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-595070334 v Trapping G-gar

(Note: the following replays have Registeel in them as this was the previous iteration of the team, however it shows how it handles at least)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-592952222 v Shed stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-591984340 v Double ray
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-592480551 v ex of a problem match-up

Threats to this team

Honestly, I don't know. There are a lot as this team doesn't have a perfect win/loss record. But I think it generally does good versus most things. It probably struggles too much with PH-Pogre that carries spore and 6 mon spam. M-Gengar with sludge wave can be quite annoying as well. Unburden set-up sweepers essentially auto-win if Aegislash has already died. I'll add more here as I think about it.

Team Import

Rise Above (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Boomburst
- Trick

Built to kill (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Shift Gear

Black Coffee (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Core Enforcer
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Dorothy (Audino-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Baton Pass
- Soft Boiled

Silence (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Rapid Spin
- Shore up

Deja-Vu (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Rapid Spin
- Whirlwind
- Slack off

Thanks

Thanks for reading through this. Let me know if I could improve anything or if I've missed out on anything as that will help me a ton. ;___: As a shoutout, I don't have any-one in particular. I guess the BH community for putting up with me all the time. ^_^

PEAKS

(I'm Trap-tap-a-tap)

Last edited:
Most importantly: that music opens in a separate YouTube window for us mere android users which means I couldn't listen to it and read at the same time.

Almost as importantly: while I agree that Roost is clearly the superior recovery move you might want to diversify your moves slightly; veriety is the spice of life. Personally I would change Roost on Aegislash to Shore Up since imo flying moves are a similar colour to ghost and I don't like that (and you'd have the same 'problem' if you used a normal move).

Also your Mega Rayquaza seems to be having a slight identity crisis: it has 252 Atk EVs and yet 0 Atk IV, I'm guessing you didn't notice it after you added /Sunsteel Strike.
Another nitpick: I'd change "check" to "counter" in the description for your Mega Audino since it can switch into your Giratina with compete certainly that it will be fine.

Great choice of music as always and a nice offensive team that still checks the majority of the offensive threats around.

Most importantly: that music opens in a separate YouTube window for us mere android users which means I couldn't listen to it and read at the same time.

Almost as importantly: while I agree that Roost is clearly the superior recovery move you might want to diversify your moves slightly; veriety is the spice of life. Personally I would change Roost on Aegislash to Shore Up since imo flying moves are a similar colour to ghost and I don't like that (and you'd have the same 'problem' if you used a normal move).

Also your Mega Rayquaza seems to be having a slight identity crisis: it has 252 Atk EVs and yet 0 Atk IV, I'm guessing you didn't notice it after you added /Sunsteel Strike.
Another nitpick: I'd change "check" to "counter" in the description for your Mega Audino since it can switch into your Giratina with compete certainly that it will be fine.

Great choice of music as always and a nice offensive team that still checks the majority of the offensive threats around.
Thank you, thank you. I'll fix the attack Iv's and add in counter to M-Aud. Roost is superior tbh - but yeah, I'll spice it up. But rip about the music. ;__: Thanks for the tips. :heart:

maybe it would be worth trying Infestation on Ray instead of Sunsteel? that way you can instant kill sash shedinja and not lose the 1v1

maybe it would be worth trying Infestation on Ray instead of Sunsteel? that way you can instant kill sash shedinja and not lose the 1v1
Huh?
O, I just read the sash part. Uhh, I guess? I'd rather go Magma-storm in that scenario but sash Shedinja isn't nearly as common as protective pads. + I have rocks + rocky helmet in the back so I don't think infestation is worth it considering it doesn't add to any sort of coverage whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hi, cool team. Have some thoughts:

Why not run a Z-Crystal on Giratina rather than the Orb? Z-crystal cannot be tricked either, as well has giving a bit of utility with Z-Stealth Rock or Z-Roost.

Sunsteel is definitely preferred to Techno or even infestation as that guy suggested since ml shed is making a rise (ml is the one with soak). Always need a sturdinja check even if its not as common as it once was, and Rocky Helmet Audino can be somewhat unreliable at times.

I feel like your team is a bit lacking in offensive presence - you're kind of walled by regenvest steels, which often lack phazing. You also probably struggle with priority too, as both Ray and Gigas are suspect to that.

Overall super solid team, looks great.

Good luck in future (and in OMPL)
Thanks for the rate!

I really have no trouble playing around Shedinja. Stealth rocks handles it reliably like 9/10 and the other 1/10 times helmet does its job (if you look at replays you can see this). Ray is integral to the team - so having it walled by a soundproof pokemon isn't ideal.
It don't find it lacking in offensive presence. The beauty of spore and knock means that regen-vest mons are really not a problem, once again... replays show that they can be played around really easily.

Regarding the Z-Crystal: Z-stealth rock and Z-roost are pretty bad. I'll try out Z dragonium ig? But griseous orb is really nice because it allows me to threaten passive walls with a bit of extra damage, which matters sometimes.

And thanks! :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)