BH BH7 Suspect Poll 3: Innards Out [QuickBanned]

What is your preference for Innards Out in BH7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
QUICKBAN QUICKBAN QUICKBAN

I agree with the other stuff in this thread in general but I haven't really seen any arguments suggesting that we should have a suspect. Don't those 17 people have something to say ?_?

pizzq

Banned deucer.
QUICKBAN
i cant find a reason to keep innards out in this tier. borderline uncompetitive and annoying >.<

Reactions: Ren
and even more these are just the main ones
Innards Out has always been something that I have watched out for when battling. More often than not I find some form of this, well... thing roaming around the BH Meta.
While battling, I've concluded that it:
  • Hard stops an out-of-control sweeper. I can't count how many times it has halted or fainted Triage, APS, and Set Up mons.
  • Is rare (Out of 10 battles, I only saw it about 3 times), but that adds to the challenge as you don't often see it and usually it is placed on a Mon other than Blissey (Like Zygarde-Complete or Primal Groudon)
  • Is HIGHLY rewarding as you literally have to do nothing at the expense of a mon you're going to nuke anyway.
  • Affects almost anyone: 252 Atk Registeel U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chansey: 831-978 (118 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Even Registeel is not safe from U-turning on it)
  • Basically forces the target to switch, and you can put up hazards or spore during that time
However, I also seen the negatives to using it:
  • More often than not, you can just switch in the face of an IO user and generally avoid its effects.
  • In the case that an IO user comes out, most mons in general will carry something like Spore, Toxic, or Core Enforcer to greatly cripple the IO mon, forcing said mon to switch out.
  • There is such thing as Magic Guard to stop the ability itself, and Magic Bounce to stop any hazards the IO user might try to set up. Sturdy Shedinja can Endeavor to reduce IO's damage output, although healing is an issue.
tl;dr IO is a deadly force in the meta at the discretion of the target facing it. But, that does not stop the ridiculousness of how useful it is.
I will vote Quickban since it is highly uncompetitive and makes BH a guessing game.

Some interesting stats I calculated for a Life Orb Triage Mega Ray:

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Triage Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chansey: 520-614 (73.8 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Guzzlord: 901-1061 (138.6 - 163.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Triage Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 419-493 (58.6 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Triage Rayquaza-Mega Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 567-668 (89.1 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Aaaand a freebie:

+2 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chansey: 8538-10045 (1212.7 - 1426.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

some of this stuff might be repeated info, but they were already defined by E4 Flint, so don't rag on me
EDIT: See Sturdinja

Last edited:
A bit late, but tossing my 2 cents in here, IO needs to go. It nullifies any sweeper with little to no play, making offensive teams lose key members without any real counter-play.
If I still can vote, I vote Quick Ban

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seeing as we
  • got 60% or more in the actual poll
  • the voters who put their explanation were all pro-quickban except for those who wanted to change their vote to quickban
the option to Quickban IO has been selected as the next action in BH
The Immortal to lock thread
and implement IO Ban​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)