Tournament BLT IV: Finals [Won by the Twinleaf Trevenants]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the finals of BLT IV! The final 2 teams will now duke it out for the gold. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams will have to play a best-of-three tiebreaker before proceeding to the finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon SM tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one (except BSS).

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Reminder for BSS players: it's played in a best-of-three format without teams being locked in the three games.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

vs.

Twinleaf Trevenants (5) vs. (2) Paniola Ranchers
Managers
: Always! blazenix -- dogknees Quote

Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. Leru
OU: blazenix vs. BigBoy038
OU: sand1234 vs. OminousDraco
UU: Jarii vs. Sharp Ladder UU
RU: TraceofLife (Trace) vs. Microwavable (Micro)
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Matame
LC: Kurukaito vs. PD
BSS: Plas (Plasmagby) vs. Blitzburgh

Please remember to use the Tournaments sub-room The Dojo for BLT IV discussion and to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

No deadline for finals; just get it done within a reasonable time before I have to force substitutions. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. Leru - should be one of the closer games of the series. both are impressive, I think Leru is a better overall player
OU: blazenix vs. BigBoy038 - blaze is like 2/10 how is he roomstaff i don't get it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OU: sand1234 vs. OminousDraco - better hindi
UU: Jarii vs. Sharp Ladder UU - doesnt scald primal groudons, doesnt click defog on bisharps, and avoids similar ill-informed plays
RU: TraceofLife vs. Microwavable - who's worse idk
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Matame - glad you didn't quit :heart:
LC: Kurukaito vs. PD - this should be another one of the closer games. If ranchers want a chance I think PD needs to win this
BSS: Plas vs. Blitzburgh - better player lol

not a bad season and to my knowledge far less horrendous drama in comparison to last year outside of overblown posts specifically asking for nondrama every week.

Go Trevs

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Obligatory s/o post here:

but first
Twinleaf Trevenants (4) vs. (2) Paniola Ranchers
Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. Leru - Honestly never was super impressed by byron and I think Leru is solid, still woulda liked to fite him but wtv.
OU: blazenix vs. BigBoy038 - blaze has been less than impressive this blt, but I trust he can probs scrape out a win when its most important
OU: sand1234 vs. OminousDraco - close match, both great players and could see it going both ways easily
UU: Jarii vs. Sharp Ladder UU - better player wins, but sharp could get an upset here depending on if jarii decides to prep for empo + gliscor
RU: TraceofLife vs. Microwavable - hard to go against trace here, experienced player and apparently forces his opps to choke
Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Matame - happened
LC: Kurukaito vs. PD - another one that could go either way, PD has had more success in the past, but kuru is making waves recently, and looks to be on a streak
BSS: Plas vs. Blitzburgh - Plas has been p good so far and as far as I know Blitz doesnt play this tier a ton.
OK now for shoutouts.

Scyther NO Swiping for drafting me twice and trusting in me
samjo for being a good friend and also trusting me to play different tiers and let me have fun, cool manager
Fardin still think you are a good Ubers player despite what others say about you, was fun with you on the team
Jordn One of my first friends and a great teammate in BLT, cheered us on even when you were away
Jordn's vaca e_z
Jrsmash9 the 2 blt longcon, great player overall vastly underrated great sub-5k pickup.
Skelos pretty good pickup and eventually ended picking a lot of great wins, rip NU in blt :(
parivard NATALIE SLAYER!
Sharp Ladder UU Osh MJ Hamhamhamham SANJAY and others, my tours room homies who keep bringing me back to showdown and tours room, cheered me on and were in general great friends.

And finally s/o to pogre and my unsets for getting me those juicy w's

I hope for a great finals match between these 2 teams, and I hope to see all of you have success in and outside of BLT! GL TO ALL

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Here's Alore with his big Finals predictions:

Twinleaf Trevenants (3.5) vs. (4.5) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: byronthewellwell vs. Leru
Both good players in the tier but I feel like Leru's experience will take this. Though don't sleep on byron, he could well pull a win out of this.

OU: blazenix vs. BigBoy038
Mmm, I reckon BigBoy will take this one, but I would still like to see a good fight, good luck to both!

OU: sand1234 vs. OminousDraco
This will be one of the closer games, both v good players, but I reckon sand will take this match-up on final week.

UU: Jarii vs. Sharp Ladder UU
Sharp will probably prepare very well for this match, but it will definitely be close.

Edit: I didn't realise sharp already won .-.

RU: TraceofLife vs. Microwavable
Reckon Trace will win, even though he loses to randoms.

Doubles OU: littlelachyjn vs. Matame
It's already been played but I still would have gone with Matame.

LC: Kurukaito vs. PD
This is probably the match-up I'm most excited to watch, both very good players, not going to predict, just watch and enjoy.

BSS: Plas vs. Blitzburgh
He already won lol

lol jk im irrelevant

Good luck to both teams, all players.

Hope you all had a great BLT :>

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun managing this year, thanks to my players. I sincerely appreciate your efforts, Semifinalist Bewears :]

EternalSnowman nice job on nabbing first blood of BLT IV boi. Thanks for filling in wherever we needed you, it really helped me regarding lineup flexibility. Also your sets are memes and unviable. Keep it up :cwl:
Fardin despite being our second Ubers main, thanks for being a team player, helping people test, and keeping the OU slot competitive while Jordn was off vacationing with the caribou.
Jordn 2.00000000000000-0 undefeated legend, sorry you didn't get to play a meaningful game this year, but I'm glad we got you as a steal this year fren.
Jrsmash9 long-con GOAT, good job keeping your opps on their toes every week. Looking forward to your Leppa berry stall in BLT V.
Skelos man would've been too good if we kept NU this year, but thanks for your solid contributions in UU, you proved to be a steal.
HT the 24k legend - despite some bad luck, thanks for filling in a tier we didn't have a true main for. #FeenSlayerᵀᴹ
MiyoKa dubs mainᵀᴹ Full disclosure: did not know we were getting our 3rd Ubers player when we drafted you LOL - thanks for helping me with squads when I filled in for LC.
parivard BHAI~ despite your memetastic reputation, you keep BLT interesting and even showed flashes of brilliance in BSS this year. I appreciate your passionate nature, just maybe tone it down sometimes and you'll go far.
RichardPepper sorry I didn't get to sub you in this BLT, but thanks for being available and checking in often, I appreciate it. Hopefully you come back as a player next BLT!
Scyther NO Swiping thanks for getting the newbie manager started off strong with draft prep and being a sounding board for some of my wack lineups.

Also special thanks to Eyan for his smooth hosting (literally not a single hiccup) and putting up with the insufferable memers :toast:

Until next year:

So before this BLT ends, I wanted to announce my retirement from pokemon. I was never the most active in chat or really tried to make friends on that site because I never had the ambition to stay here for too long, however making friends in 4 years is kinda inevitable. Which is why it hurts even more to leave. The BLT was the only tournament I was interested in, so I only played around that period. This time tough, it is time to say forever goodbye.

If you don't like cringy emotional posts, don't read the following:

Silverwhiteblue - Manager, Toursroom legend, but mainly, my friend. You were one of my first friends I had on Showdown, since I was never really active in chat (which I'm still not). I still remember the days when I literally beat you every single time I played you, and you never got upset or claimed some bullshit for your losses. Then, when I returned for BLT3 after a year of being absent, you were the first person I would talk to and when we battled again, I surely faced another swb than from a year ago. All of the sudden swb was a competent player. To this day you improved everytime I saw you play. This and your character are the reason I respect you as much as I do. Thank you for drafting me together with only great personalities here on Showdown. I thoroughly enjoyed my time being on the Hariyamas team.

Osh - I am glad to be able to call you a friend as well as a rival. You only made me better as a player by competing constantly against each other, whether it was laddering, playing one another or testing. You are probably the person I had the most contact with during my time here and I am so happy that we met each other through BLT3. You can probably imagine how much it hurts me to say this, but you are the better ubers player ;_; . I might beat you more often than not in friendlies, but thats mostly me knowing you in and out, not because me doing good plays. When it comes down to performing on stage though, you are the man to have on your team. If you continue improving, you will undoubtedly be a top player in the community at some stage. Thank you for making my time here as fun as possible and introducing me to the following people:

PS: Oh and also, ty for showing me how HEAT Kyle is.. I AINT BEEN GETTING HIGH

EternalSnowman – I regret not getting to know you earlier. It still can’t believe how much you evolved as an ubers player. From being a newbie at the start of BLT3 to playing in upl within a few months is just amazing to me. Your teambuilding skills is probably the quality I respect most about you though. Coming up with new things and breaking out of the meta is the most underrated ability in my eyes. Keep doing what you‘re doing man.

blazenix, Hamhamhamham, Sharp Ladder UU, SANJAY – You guys are absolutely fucking awesome. Same as esm, I regret not knowing you guys earlier. I will always remember how much fun we had in calls and producing how quality memes such as Hi I’m Sharp Ladder UU and hi jeran :cwl: . I never had so much fun on PS as I did in the last few weeks/months and thats because of you guys. I still remember how bad Blaze was a few months ago and look at him now.. still bad LOL. Ham, when you practice hard enough you will be as good as me some day in Battle Factory. And Sharp, you are Jesus/Lord/Champagne Papi, however you wanna be called. Like for real, watch out for this guy in grand slam, amazing allround player if he actually thinks before he plays.

I also want to mention following people: lightning1870 Luthier blinkboy , thanks for always supporting me, cheering me on and making me laugh :]

I will however finish all my tours where I signed up, so you aren't rid of me just yet ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)