Break This Team - UU Edition! (Week 9 - Submission phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I apologize for delaying the next round this much, I was traveling due to irl problems and had access to phone only and Accelgor was too busy. Unfortunately, we had another issue. The user Santu apparently cheated, he asked for votes. Everything started when some friends told me Santu was on an Italian clan, and that he asked for votes. Of course this isn't a proof, but I couldn't ignore what they said, and I eventually looked on the thread, pages #5 and #6. I'll list some of the evidences here:
  • Everyone who voted on Santu...
    • ... is Italian or...
    • has less than 50 posts on the forums
  • We have witnesses.
  • The project NEVER received so many votes.
Accelgor, King UU and I thought this was enough, and that we don't need a solid proof (prints, logs, etc.) to know he did ask for votes. Santu is being blacklisted until the next week. The votes he received were excluded. Oh, and this wouldn't change the results, but Santu's being punished anyway.

Results:
1st
- Lcans: 13
2nd - TSR ||| bsu: 11
3rd - A Cake Wearing A Hat: 4david0895: 2

Congratulations to Lcans for winning the 5th week! n_n

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Substitute
- Scald

Krookodile @ Steelium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Tail

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Roost

This team, built by me, is a solid bulky offense centered around Vincune. Vincune wins games alone thanks to its amazing ability of pressuring its opponents by using Calm Mind and Substitute, especially if the opposing Pokémon is a choice locked special attacker. Krookodile is one of the best if not the best Stealth Rock setter in the tier thanks to its amazing STABs, and I picked this set in particular to lure Fairy-types such as NP Togekiss and Magnet Rise Klefki, which are pretty annoying overall. Celebi is one of the most underrated pieces of shit in the tier, and I love it since no one really prepares for it, as it is a great check to any Water-type and sweeps pretty much any team that relies on Scizor as its Psychic resist. The team was pretty slow and I needed to defeat fat Ground-types and Bisharp somehow, so I decided to use Scarf Keldeo, note that it has Toxic to lure Slowbro/Alomomola. The team was like, 6x0ed by Calm Mind Latias, and I was lacking a Pokemon to remove hazards (a need with Suicune on the team), so Defog Scizor was a need, not to mention the team was extremely weak against Mega Aerodactyl too. The last Pokemon is the haxlord Togekiss. I was like, smashed by Specs Hydreigon, and I needed a Dark and Ground resist anyways. Togekiss also helps Suicune with Heal Bell, ignoring Toxic Spikes.

Deadline is Thursday, 13th April. Good luck all :D

Last edited:
Reserving Raikou + Celebi!

+

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

This team looks exceptionally weak to these two mons, especially Celebi ironically.
Togekiss is the only one that isn't outright murdered by a +2 Celebi, but is in turn setup fodder for Raikou. Ghostium Kou can comfortably destroy the opposing onion and then proceed to deal severe damage to the rest of the team, forcing Krook to take a +1 HP Ice or revenge with Keldeo, which can be exploited to give Celebi room to set up. Also, none of these two allow VinCune to enter the field for free.
If Rocks are on the field, then the pressure Kou+Bi put on Highways' team becomes almost unbearable, since Scizor can't really switch in into them aside from a double and the team doesn't have other safe ways of getting the bug on the field.

+2 252 SpA Celebi Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 217-256 (58 - 68.4%)
4 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 188-224 (55.1 - 65.6%)

In a pinch, Celebi can also stomach one Air Slash and proceed to kill Togekiss, if it has already set up.

252 Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Celebi: 147-174 (43.1 - 51%)
252 Atk Krookodile Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 182-215 (53.3 - 63%)

And thanks to Colbur Berry, it's a lot safer vs Krook.

252 SpA Raikou Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 318-376 (93.2 - 110.2%)
not a counter demolished etc

252 SpA Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 160-190 (46.9 - 55.7%)
+2 252 SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%)

Also, unboosted Shadow Ball puts Celebi in range of a +2 HP Fire, counting a round of Leftovers in.

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Hawlucha outright sweeps his team as three of the six pokemon are weak to one of Hawlucha's STABs. Power Herb Sky Attack Hawlucha breaks his team easier than Sitrus as you dont need the Substitute's to get Unburden boost which lets you outspeed Scarf Keldeo. +2 Sky Attack also has a quite large chance to Ohko Suicune after rocks. Primarina is there as he doesn't have any switchins as his Water resists get 2hko'd by Moonblast.

+2 252 Atk Hawlucha Sky Attack vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 321-378 (79.4 - 93.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 195-231 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 228-268 (66.8 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias (F) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
CM Latias is a large threat to this team, Scizor is realistically the only safe switch in with SR up once it's at +1. Dragonium-z grants Latias the ability to hit a powerful Dragon move twice before dropping any SpA and at +1 can even KO Scizor after some prior damage. Essentially, Latias is able to 1v1 every member on this team, Magneton exists to alleviate that pressure. It's able to trap and KO the Scizor, as well as neuter the Togekiss. Nothing on this team particularly enjoys switching into it too.
+1 252 SpA Latias Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 217-256 (63.2 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)