Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so I found this bug, wherein if shell trap and Focus Punch is not executed, it's PP does not get reduced at all. It is not like that in the games. I've attached screenshots to show this. I've not shown the game mechanics. Please do get this situation rectified. Thanks

Attachments

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, so I found this bug, wherein if shell trap and Focus Punch is not executed, it's PP does not get reduced at all. It is not like that in the games. I've attached screenshots to show this. I've not shown the game mechanics. Please do get this situation rectified. Thanks
A Pokemon only consumes PP when the message "[Pokemon] used [ Move ]" appears. So when a Pokemon uses a 2 stage move like Shell Trap, but gets interrupted before it gets to the "[Pokemon] used [ move ]" part, it won't consume PP. Although there is an issue here, which is the fact that it doesn't show the message "Turtonator used Shell Trap", which means that Shell Trap should in this instance consume PP.

On the topic of flinches, a Pokemon will not consume PP if it flinches, since it won't get to the "[Pokemon] used [ move ]" part.
This is how it works in-game.

Edit: misread one of the screenshots

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-610443418

Turn 6, Tafu fini and Tafu lele come in simultaneously. Fini has the slowest stat she can have but Lele's ability goes later. Then Fini falls asleep next turn.
Isn't this a bug?

Turn 6
icing caterpie joined.
Testinn has 120 seconds left.
Testinn withdrew Arceus!
Testinn sent out Tapu Fini!
[Opposing Tapu Fini's Misty Surge!]
Mist swirls around the battlefield!
Hoopa, come back!
Go! Tapu Lele!
[Tapu Lele's Psychic Surge!]
The battlefield got weird!
Smeargle used Wide Guard!
Wide Guard protected your team!
The opposing Groudon used Precipice Blades!
Wide Guard protected Smeargle!
Wide Guard protected Tapu Lele!
Turn 7
Tapu Lele used Psychic!
The opposing Groudon lost 61.3% of its health!
The opposing Groudon fainted!
The harsh sunlight faded.
Smeargle used Spore!
The opposing Tapu Fini fell asleep!
The opposing Tapu Fini is fast asleep.
Testinn sent out Arceus!

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-610443418

Turn 6, Tafu fini and Tafu lele come in simultaneously. Fini has the slowest stat she can have but Lele's ability goes later. Then Fini falls asleep next turn.
Isn't this a bug?

Turn 6
icing caterpie joined.
Testinn withdrew Arceus!
Testinn sent out Tapu Fini!
[Opposing Tapu Fini's Misty Surge!]
Mist swirls around the battlefield!
Hoopa, come back!
Go! Tapu Lele!
[Tapu Lele's Psychic Surge!]
The battlefield got weird!
Smeargle used Wide Guard!
Wide Guard protected your team!
The opposing Groudon used Precipice Blades!
Wide Guard protected Smeargle!
Wide Guard protected Tapu Lele!
Turn 7
Tapu Lele used Psychic!
The opposing Groudon lost 61.3% of its health!
The opposing Groudon fainted!
The harsh sunlight faded.
Smeargle used Spore!
The opposing Tapu Fini fell asleep!
The opposing Tapu Fini is fast asleep.
Testinn sent out Arceus!
hoopa's slower so lele came in after fini set terrain and overrode misty terrain w/ psyterrain

This isn't all that relevant but the simulator currently has Zygarde's OR/AS tutor moves (Superpower, Block, Earth Power, Hyper Voice, Iron Tail, Pain Split, Shock Wave, Snore, Spite, and Zen Headbutt) legal on 10% Form with Aura Break, even though only 50% Form exists in Gen 6 and you can't turn the snake into the dog without Power Construct.

Edit: Listed all the illegal moves.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that Vespiquen shouldn't be able to have both Defog and Bug Buzz on the same moveset. (Which it currently can on Showdown)

Only Combee can learn Bug Buzz, and it's only able to learn it starting BW2, whereas only Vespiquen can learn Defog and only through HM in DPP. This would make it impossible to have a Vespiquen with both Bug Buzz and Defog.

I want to PM a user on showdown, but all my messages are automatically sent to another user. I closed the chat window with that other user but it doesn't change at all. So one person gets all my PMs

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I want to PM a user on showdown, but all my messages are automatically sent to another user. I closed the chat window with that other user but it doesn't change at all. So one person gets all my PMs
The user probably changed thier name, so the PM gets redirected to the new name, so its not a bug. If you meant PMs to many users are all getting sent to one user (like if you tried to PM me and another staff member and it got sent to a different user), then that sounds like an issue.

The user probably changed thier name, so the PM gets redirected to the new name, so its not a bug. If you meant PMs to many users are all getting sent to one user (like if you tried to PM me and another staff member and it got sent to a different user), then that sounds like an issue.
Yeah I tried to PM different users and all got sent to one. Sorry for the confusion

Here's the situation: my Forretress was facing off against an opposing Garchomp. My Forretress was low on health, and the Garchomp had both Stealth Rocks and a Rocky Helmet. This is what I think was a bug:

Garchomp used Stealth Rocks. My Forretress used Rapid Spin in the same turn, but the rocks were not cleared. Rapid Spin made contact, then Forretress took Rough Skin damage, then Rocky Helmet damage, then fainted. But: the Stealth Rocks were not cleared.

Shouldn't the rocks have been cleared when Rapid Spin hit?

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's the situation: my Forretress was facing off against an opposing Garchomp. My Forretress was low on health, and the Garchomp had both Stealth Rocks and a Rocky Helmet. This is what I think was a bug:

Garchomp used Stealth Rocks. My Forretress used Rapid Spin in the same turn, but the rocks were not cleared. Rapid Spin made contact, then Forretress took Rough Skin damage, then Rocky Helmet damage, then fainted. But: the Stealth Rocks were not cleared.

Shouldn't the rocks have been cleared when Rapid Spin hit?
What happened was proper game mechanic. From the Showdown dex:

"If this move is successful and the user has not fainted, the effects of Leech Seed and partial-trapping moves end for the user, and all hazards are removed from the user's side of the field."

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611576862

You can see in the replay that when I fainted Zoroark, it shows in the team preview that I had fainted the illused pokemon as well (starmie). Being the bad player I am, it came as quite a shock because looking at the team preview I thought he only had two mons left at one point later in the game, but Starmie was still alive.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
hey i'm locked and i can only talk to mods right? i can't talk to kebab
If you're locked, you can only talk to Global Drivers (%) or higher. I'm assuming you mean Flying Kebab, they are only ranked as a Voice globally, so you can't talk to them. Global staff, the people you can talk to, are marked with a @ in the help room.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
cap lc mons are included in general /ds searches now, when they should only be displayed if you specifically search with a cap flag.

I was playing sm random doubles and eventually had my mega glalie return an opposing cofagrigus. As expected, my mega glalie's refrigerate turned into mummy. However, the moves (return and explosion) kept appearing on my screen as ice-type, even though losing my refrigerate would turn them back into normal types. I'm afraid they would have been treated as still ice-types by the code, so I thought I'd drop a line here. I didn't check to see if they would have been ice-types, though, as I only used freeze-dry after that (lost the match anyway so I might as well have checked, sorry).

Here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-611798991

On Showdown!'s damage calculator, razor leaf is defaults to special. I'm pretty sure this is wrong.
When a Pokemon knows a normal status move and has galvanize, the move appears normal type on the "What will (thing) do?" menu but activates a target's lightning rod. This is inconsistent, so at least one of those behaviors is a bug.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
cap lc mons are included in general /ds searches now, when they should only be displayed if you specifically search with a cap flag.
CAP Nfe mons too.

Also all gen 1 mons show up when you do /ds gen1ou... or any gen 1 tier. Doing a little further prodding of the /ds function it appears to ignore the tier completely and just look at the gen, and this happened for every gen I tried (1,2, and 7).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)