Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Teambuilder removes unnecessary lines, if they specify the default values for something (i.e. putting 31 IVs on something, will be removed because it's unnecessary). This in itself is not a bug, I realize that, but the problem is that when I have a Hidden Power that would force one of my IVs to drop to 30 (i.e. HP Fire), it will automatically set it to that.

But hypertraining is a thing, so this shouldn't really happen. I can set it to 31 IVs in each stat, but when I try to save the team, it doesn't actually store that in the team's importable text. So if I back-up the team, it will reset to 30 IVs when I restore it, because the IVs are unspecified so it does to the "default".

EDIT: Series of screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/xrG7W

Last edited:
User EL20 wanted to report a bug for the damage calc, it's missing the move take down. EL20 doesn't have a smogon account, that's why I'm posting in his or her place.

Murkrow and Honchkrow received Punishment as an egg move in gen 7. However, it's in a Head Smash Nosepass situation where there aren't actually any Pokemon who can pass down that egg move (the only parent with Punishment in the flying egg group is the all female vullaby line). It shouldn't be allowed in their moveset at all across all formats where the two are legal.

For VGC 18 on Showdown, there's a bug where inner focus Suicune, Entei, and Raikou go through validation and can be used on the VGC 18 ladder. There has been no official release of this ability for these 3 pokemon that would make it valid for VGC 18. The only way to get inner focus on the legendary dogs would have to be through Gold and Silver Virtual Console, and even then they wouldn't be legal for VGC 18 because of the lack of "Caught in Alola" symbol.

Spirit Shackle will not prevent the opposing Pokémon from switching out.
Evidence
Turn one Ribombee used sticky web, and Decidueye used Spirit Shackle.
Turn two Ribombee switches out with no issues, despite Decidueye still being on the field.
Shed shell was not used as, after questioning the user on his Ribombee set he mentioned it was Focus Sashed:

Unless there is something else about spirit shackle that I'm missing I belive this is a bug, as nothing i could find (Bulbapedia) as the Ribombee had none of the mentioned items/abilities and did not use any of the listed moves. (U-Turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass)
Thanks for everything you do to make Showdown the best it can be!

Edit: NVM Ribombee had shield dust, and I'm Illiterate.

Last edited:
Spirit Shackle will not prevent the opposing Pokémon from switching out.
Evidence
Turn one Ribombee used sticky web, and Decidueye used Spirit Shackle.
Turn two Ribombee switches out with no issues, despite Decidueye still being on the field.
Shed shell was not used as, after questioning the user on his Ribombee set he mentioned it was Focus Sashed:

Unless there is something else about spirit shackle that I'm missing I belive this is a bug, as nothing i could find (Bulbapedia) as the Ribombee had none of the mentioned items/abilities and did not use any of the listed moves. (U-Turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass)
Thanks for everything you do to make Showdown the best it can be!
Ribombee had Shield Dust has its Ability, which nullifies any additional effect from an opposing move, such as the trapping effect from an opposing Decidueye's Spirit Shackle.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Has someone responded to what FOMG posted below (if so sorry for bothering):
In Pokemon stadium the move Counter doesn´t seem to work properly. It fails against all moves we have tried out (like Body Slam, Egg Bomb, Submission and Strengh).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1stadium-641999442
I hosted a rby stadium tour today but we had again a case of counter failing on a normal move, which should not happen in normal rby.
Is this a gen 1 stadium mechanic or a bug?
Here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1stadium-665604330 turn 29

edit: didn't saw pinktidal post above

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello!

After being struck with a critical hit by nostalgia, I played Pokémon SoulSilver and happened to use U-Turn on a substitute. Then sending my Gyarados. Then waiting for intimidate to drop the attack. Then waiting again because it didn't happen. I was quite shocked because 1/ there are still gen 4 mechanics I don't know about and 2/ I don't know how many times it happened on Showdown but it's far from negligeable.

So I recreated this on the cart just to be sure I didn't miss the text. And I'm positive, in Pokémon SoulSilver, if you break a substitute with u-turn then send an Intimidate user, the attack of the opponent isn't lowered.
Bulbapedia knew that all long but it looks like no one here noticed it.

I tried it another time on Showdown even if I knew what would happen: that mechanic isn't implemented (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-665666145).

I have no clue about more recent gens so if someone could check, that'd be awesome.

This post was sponsored by Breloom

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I've got a draw today, but it was called a lose for me. I think this is a bug and should be fixed so that nobody won and nobody gain/lose points.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-665806378
Draws only happen if a staff has to step in and force the battle to end. There's a tiebreaker system for when the last Pokemon on both sides faint at the same time. The team with the Pokemon that faints first loses. In this scenario, your Zapdos fainted first, because it was directly damaged by a move, while Tsareena died to Life Orb damage.
Unless I'm missing something, this is how it's decided on cart as well.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
So, tournament custom rulesets have been partially broken for the past month or so. If a tournament is made adding or removing a gameplay modification such as the Cancel Mod, HP Percentage Mod, or Inverse Mod, the change in modifications does not take place at all. Non-gameplay modifications such as Ignore Ilegal Abilities, Allow One Sketch, and the Species Clause work (mostly) as intended, however. I've got a series of screenshots displaying this issue with the help of explodingdaisies.

(Later, in the tournament battle)

Note: 100%s shown, wouldn't be visible if HP percentage mod was actually removed

Explodingdaisies can confirm that these battle screenshots correlate to the corresponding tournament screenshots. Also, please ignore my use of the April Fools Day filter, explodingdaisies can also confirm the issues are happening with him on the standard server. Sorry if this has been reported already, but this has been an issue for a while.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed or is intentional, but I felt it's worth mentioning.

On teambuilding, if a Pokemon has no physical moves, it generally is given 0 Attack IVs. This is true for when moves like Seismic Toss or Foul Play is in the moveset, because the game realizes the attack stat doesn't alter the damage dealt. However, I realized that having Counter as a part of the moveset makes the teambuilder give the monster 31 attack IVs. (Tested with Wobbufet using Counter + any three moves)

I hope I formatted this report properly, and apologize in case it wasn't.

Edit: Oh, and I realize that the odds that Foul Play hitting a Counter user might be high, and a Counter user hitting itself with Confusion might be low, but I feel as if Counter should still give the user 0 Attack IV.

Disabled moves should be able to use their Z version. However, it prevents them doing so if they input it, and nothing is done to prevent it. (Tried using Z parting shot on T5)
upload_2017-11-29_13-24-54.png

y'all changed the teambuilder for battle spot to not use tiers and instead use a banlist similar to battle spot's, which is fine because people can stop asking why keldeo isn't allowed or something, but capmons are still present in the builder.

Hello guys, the Android client of Pokemon Showdown has a major bug where the app crashes whenever you are queued for a match. I hope for a quick fix to this problem, as it is very frustrating having to use the app to build a team then switching to Firefox to actually test it. Thanks <3

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello guys, the Android client of Pokemon Showdown has a major bug where the app crashes whenever you are queued for a match. I hope for a quick fix to this problem, as it is very frustrating having to use the app to build a team then switching to Firefox to actually test it. Thanks <3
The app itself is not really maintained; You're better off using the mobile browser version.

The app itself is not really maintained; You're better off using the mobile browser version.
It's so much easier building teams on the app than on mobile, also the chats show nothing when I click on them. I mean if you're going to make an app you should be taking the steps to improve it when it is ununusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)