Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of things in RBY rules weren't intended (like getting fully paralyzed out of Fly or Dig), but they were codified with the release of the games that exist, so that's what those rule sets do.

I went and tested it ingame. Instruct activated, curse came up, text "but it failed"

Same as sim. Not a bug. If you really need to see the battle video to believe me, I can upload it.
No need to record a video, I just....I found strange when i saw. I believe you, lol. But anyway, thank you so much by its disposition and offer.

My opponent used Splintered Stormshards and after he has sent his Lycanroc again and I put my cursor over it I saw that instead seeing " Splintered Stormshards (0/1) " I was seeing " Stone Edge (7/8) " . I believe that in some cases this might offer the opponent an advantage by seeing what moves the Z-move originates from, so I decided to post it. https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-685289519 .
EDIT: Corrected "Stone Edge (7/8)" , typed " (0/7) " by mistake.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
My opponent used Splintered Stormshards and after he has sent his Lycanroc again and I put my cursor over it I saw that instead seeing " Splintered Stormshards (0/1) " I was seeing " Stone Edge (7/8) " . I believe that in some cases this might offer the opponent an advantage by seeing what moves the Z-move originates from, so I decided to post it. https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-685289519 .
EDIT: Corrected "Stone Edge (7/8)" , typed " (0/7) " by mistake.
Unlike normal Z moves, exclusive Z moves like Splintered Stormshards have one move of origin (in this case Stone Edge) so this is information that is fine to share.

Generic Z-moves like Continental Crush do not identify a source move, but Splintered Stormshards can only ever originate from Stone Edge (and likewise for the other signature Zs), so there's no reason not to keep track of the base move in that case.

On mobile, hitting the new "First Turn" button (inconveniently placed exactly where the "Skip Turn" button used to be) and then hitting the "Skip to End" button to return to the battle makes it appear that your opponent has disconnected, but in fact you are just sitting there with no way to interact with the game and you eventually time out and lose.

Last edited:
I came across this pretty minor bug whilst teambuilding. Essentially its saying the stat points are different when its the same base stat with same investment.
As far as I can tell, it seems to have shifted or something, as theres still a jump point, just one Ev later. I re-created the bug by importing this set:
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And then tested to see if this stat change carried over to matches, which it didnt luckily.

I came across this pretty minor bug whilst teambuilding. Essentially its saying the stat points are different when its the same base stat with same investment.
As far as I can tell, it seems to have shifted or something, as theres still a jump point, just one Ev later. I re-created the bug by importing this set:
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And then tested to see if this stat change carried over to matches, which it didnt luckily.
Not a bug. Its cause the EV's are set to 30 in your next picture due to HP ice (perhaps to support older gens?).

When I typed "/weakness tapu koko" into a battle chat, I got the following message. I tried it again just in case I misspelled it or did something wrong. Still didn't work. I had to type "/weakness electric/fairy" to figure it out.
EDIT: I didn't realise I had to put hide tags. I'll just put it in an imgur
EDIT2: That didn't work.
EDIT3: Well I got it to work. But now no one can see it. Whatever, just ask me for the link and I'll pm it
EDIT4: The following message was "tapu koko is not a recognized type or pokemon"

Last edited:
When I typed "/weakness tapu koko" into a battle chat, I got the following message. I tried it again just in case I misspelled it or did something wrong. Still didn't work. I had to type "/weakness electric/fairy" to figure it out.
EDIT: I didn't realise I had to put hide tags. I'll just put it in an imgur
That didn't work.
The /weak command splits arguments with space, comma or forward slash, so you would have to do "tapukoko" for it to be recognized as a pokemon.

Found a bug when I press the "go to 1st turn button" it sort of disconnects me from the battle. When I press it, it gives me the option to stop the timer to give the other person time to reconnect. It does not display in the chat that anyone left the battle. It also disables my ability to choose attacks to use in the battle.

I am able to repeat this consistently.

Chat with the other player

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-685858314

Reactions: pqs
Found a bug when I press the "go to 1st turn button" it sort of disconnects me from the battle. When I press it, it gives me the option to stop the timer to give the other person time to reconnect. It does not display in the chat that anyone left the battle. It also disables my ability to choose attacks to use in the battle.

I am able to repeat this consistently.

Chat with the other player

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-685858314
Known bug, its getting fixed. Also would want to add on that if you leave and rejoin the battle, it fixes this.

Hi.I think i noticed a little mistake with the battle system compared to the games.if i use for example hyper beam with normalium z on a sylveon with pixilate,it changes to a breakneck blitz while the attack will be a fairy type attack.However,this is inaccurate;it doesnt change the type in the games to a fairy move,it just stays normal,the ability doesnt matter.Idk if its with other abilities the same thing or not tho.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hi.I think i noticed a little mistake with the battle system compared to the games.if i use for example hyper beam with normalium z on a sylveon with pixilate,it changes to a breakneck blitz while the attack will be a fairy type attack.However,this is inaccurate;it doesnt change the type in the games to a fairy move,it just stays normal,the ability doesnt matter.Idk if its with other abilities the same thing or not tho.
To clarify, the used Breakneck Blitz is actually still normal type, the display simply says that it'll be fairy type after you click the z move button. Just a display bug, not a system bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)