CAP 23 CAP 23 - Part 5 - Stat Spread Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
nv
Kyubics
mxmts
Garbagery
Dogfish44
Korski
Deck Knight
jas61292

I really feel that we need some way to come in and taking advantage of checking special attackers, that we check anyways via our typing, is the way to go. That being said, I am ok with a high speed spread, particularly from Dogfish44 since his arguments are valid; however, as Victor said, with a high amount of speed, this Pokémon is likely to become a sweeper which will deter it from the original concept. Therefore, I would much rather see a more bulkier spread, while out speeding their stuff we should outspeed, win.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight
nv
Jas61292
Korski

I think these spreads represent the best general approaches to the concept, each with a different emphasis on bulk or speed.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
NV
Korski
Deck Knight
mxmts
Garbagery

I hate the very fast spreads as its really just unneeded speed which the CAPshall surely take advantage of. But I also don't like the very slow ones, as being outsped by Specs Volkraken screams not checking it like it should

mxmts
Garbagery
Kyubics
NV
Korski
Deck Knight
Dogfish44
jas61292

Like I said about my own spread, I feel like a high speed stat, combined with the kind of attack we'll need to break through our target, gives CAP23 to much potential to be a sweeper, and that really is the main thing that determined my vote. Mxmts has a build that gives us the power and special bulk we need to do our job, without running to much of a risk of becoming something we don't want to be.

jas61292
Korski
Deck Knight
NV
mxmts
Kyubics
Dogfish44
Garbagery

Yes, these are just listed from lowest BST to highest; I strongly dislike the idea that every CAP needs a high BST to fulfil its ordained role.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Kyubics
Garbagery
NV
Dogfish44

I think the low bulk spreads will doom us utterly but at least dogfish is... well half bulky.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
nv
Korski
Kyubics
Garbagery
Dogfish44
Deck Knight
jas61292
mxmts

List subject to change, but everyone's spread looks good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)