CAP 24 - PRC Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
READ THIS FIRST.

You do not need to apply to the CAP PRC in order to participate in CAP events. All polls and discussion threads in this forum are open for public use; the PRC serves an entirely different function that is separate from the current CAP process.
It's time for another PRC period as the playtest starts up and we get ready to prepare for the next CAP Project. We will have several issues to discuss, so we are opening the floor to new PRC members who have been active in the most recent CAP who want to post on upcoming PRC issues for CAP 24. If you were on the previous committee you have been grandfathered in, and do not need to re-apply. If you would like to be taken off the PRC committee, let a moderator know.

This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, you cannot view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! It's a great place to read the opinions of some of the most seasoned CAP veterans.

Please stuff as much relevant information about yourself as you can in these applications; a short few lines will no longer suffice. In terms of guidance, it would be wise to describe a) your CAP experience, b) your Smogon experience, and c) your Pokemon experience. To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions. I cannot stress this enough: please take time to fill out your application thoroughly. Also, recall that this is a rolling application, meaning that you can apply whenever it is convenient for you to do so.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Note that significant work within the Policy Review Committee could earn you a Community Contributor badge. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP 24 Policy Review Committee
Airwind
Animus Majulous
Birkal
Blackdrakon30
Broken Phobias
boxofkangaroos
Bughouse
cbrevan
DarkSlay
darmico
Deck Knight
DetroitLolcat
DHR-107
DougJustDoug
drapionswing
Drew
Frat Dude
Galvantula Tank
G-Luke
GreenGogoatttt
HeaLnDeaL
KKirby
Ignus
jas61292
KrazyCake
Kyubics
LucarioOfLegends
Marjane
Mova
mxmts
NumberCruncher
nyttyn
Okamu
QxC4eva
reachzero
SHSP
snake_rattler
Snobalt
sparktrain
Sundar
Vann Accessible
Wenderz

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. We can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

Streamlining the process and deciding the meta for CAP24 will be our most important topics this cycle. We're open for other topics as you have them, so please let a CAP moderator know if you're interested in making a new thread about our policy!

EDIT: CAP 24 PRC Committee has been updated.

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Not sure why I've never applied for this before, so:

My name is boxofkangaroos! I've been heavily involved in the CAP Project since the middle of CAP 19 Plasmanta. I've been playing Pokemon since I was a kid, and when I got interested in competitive battling in middle school, a friend showed me Pokemon Showdown. Naturally, I quickly developed an addiction for Random Battles, gradually branching out into OU, UU, and other tiers and metagames. I later found myself on the Smogon Forums, discovering RMTs, viability rankings, and teambuilding workshops that I would sporadically look at. Throughout my time on the Forums, I have created a thread and service for custom sprites and art, hosted the successful and popular Battle Tent tournament, and gained a Ladybug badge for my contributions to the CAP project.

I believe my first discovery of CAP was in the Showdown teambuilder, when I saw some weird thing called Pyroak that I initially thought was a misspelling of Pyroar. Looking into it, I began browsing the CAP Pokedex and subforum and before long, I became enamored with the project. Over the next couple years, I learned a ton about the process, metagame, and history of CAP, becoming engrossed in nearly every stage of discussion and polling for Plasmanta, Naviathan, Crucibelle, Kerfluffle, and Pajantom. In addition, I have participated in several CAP tournaments, including CAPTT 2 and 3.

I've also become a very involved member of the CAP community. As a Room Driver, I spend a ton of time in the Showdown CAP Project room, participating in casual discussion and tournaments as well as showing newcomers the ropes to the CAP process. During the CAP Update process, I served as an Update Leader, leading and coordinating the updates for Naviathan, Krilowatt, Stratagem, and Kerfluffle.

With all that said, I believe I would be a great member of the Policy Review Committee, as I am incredibly familiar with the CAP process and I am highly committed to its success.

Hi, it's Mova again. To make this quick, I've contributed since CAP 18 and finished my first real Art Submission to CAP 23. Other than that, I mostly make an effort to spread positive encouragement around CAP, Smeargle, and Orange. I provided art for all three CAP Team Tournaments so far: Necturna, Cyclohm, and... Sunkern, strangely enough. I'm already in PRC and would like to stay.

Hello, I have contributed to CAP starting with Pajantom and lurked around a Crucibelle name thread in 2015 prior my account was made. I will now try to do the best when it comes to spriting and making Fakemon designs for this project (Example is the Draghoul submission which resembles Latios and Latias but recieved a pre evolution as a last resort for Comatose) and hope to see more in the future!

Hello, I am mxmts, I've been lurking the CAP project for quite some time, and I've actively contributed since the Gen VII updates. I enjoy playing the CAP meta fairly often, and I like to think I'm not too bad at it. Also, I'm in charge of the CAP Role Compendium, and I usually do a good job at keeping it updated to reflect the current meta. While I'm not a very talkative person, and English is not my first language, I'd love to be able to participate in the PRC.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m Magikingdra. Unfortunately, I have only been semi involved with the end of Pajantom because of my activity in tours and the other communities.. I am posting here as an experienced-ish member of the community around Circus Maximus, (In PS) so I do know about how to make CAP24 practical and have flavor. Even if this gets turned down, (which it probably will) I’m really glad that this is a thing and I wish the rest of the PRC good luck.

I may as well get in on this too.

Hi I’m Vann, hence the punny account handle. I’ve been playing Pokemon all the way back to the original Red and Blue on Gameboy. I took a break from the series after Gen 2, only to discover Smogon in Gen 5, at which point, I fell in love with Pokemon all over again, and its new, interesting facets, and specifically the competitive OU meta.

I became interested in CAP during the creation of Malaconda, and have weighed in on most, if not all of the CAP mons since, up to and including Pajantom. I feel like my contributions to CAP have been positive, and I have a lot of fun engaging in debates, keeping things light and offering insight into CAP projects to help it reach goals and keep the mons balanced.

Hello there I'm Airwind the best CAP player of south america. I want to be part for the PRC beacuse the CAP have been always the smaller single tiers or one of the smaller and I want to change that or help to do that.

I have a ton of experience doing a lots of projects such as: CAP teambuilding workshop, CAP Player Of The Week,I hosted a forum tournament of CAP Doubles, a spanish guide for the cap metagame which can be found here: http://ps-salaespanol.proboards.com/thread/3356/create-pokemon-cap And for last I was moderator for the second biggest PS spanish server pokemon Hispano back in 2014,I'm working and finally I'm going to do the analysis for Pyroak But due to christmas I can't start it now.

For Metagame I know a lot of thing I was top player in ORAS and at the beginning of SM my team of the cyclohm cup got 2 second play And i got second place in CAP winter seasonal and more recently I still top 1 in CAP Leader board club.

As you see I have a lot of knowledge In cap but the main problem I have is My english is not really good but give me the chance of participate it would help a lot for me as a person.

Last edited:
What up (see I didnt start with "Hello" or "Hi" like these normies), I am the KKirby, and I am a very well known figure (with that whopping 21 likes) in the CAP Community (don't fact check that). Now if you recognize me (and I doubt you do), it's because I've been playing CAP for a while now, and by a while I mean about a week, when I signed up for the CAP Playtest. This is the point where I'd say "All Jokes Aside", but haha yeah no my life is just a meme in itself.

Now it's time to stop HAMMER TIME because I am surprisingly good in this metagame. I have reached around 1400 with some of my teams multiple times which I know isnt extraordinary but for a first-timer and a player with god awful luck, there is potential. That is crossed out because of an edit, as of January 16th I have reached Top 10 on the ladder with my teams, which is a lot higher than 1400. Oh and as of now I have hit #1 on the ladder with my Stall team. And with that potential, I have joined the CAP 23 Playtest Tour for Pajantom, and even though it is still going I have won round 1 of that, and depending on how I do in there could influence ya'll thoughts on me and how much I edit this reply. (Edit: Won rounds 2 and 3 now.) Oh and I just joined CAP Winter Seasonals like a minute ago. That's why this got edited.

I have been very active in CAP recently, I was the first one to do a battle for CAP 23 Playtest Tour after all. I lurk around in the CAP Room and I am pretty active in there, and I am very active on the ladder and metagame USUM CAP when. I am planning to make some RMT's for the teams that I have found to be especially useful, because well let's say it hasn't been the first time since someone asked for one of my teams. I was actually making another team currently, but then my man Airwind (btw Airwind is a god, respect this man) told me I could sign up for this, so that's what Ima do.

I am also in the process of reviving a standard CAP Stall into the metagame. I mean if anything this'll make you want me to help you guys less but this is like the one tier without a standard Stall so that's what Im working on, you can probably see it in my Signature too.

Last edited:
Hello! I play LC. My name is Drew. I have only been involved in CAP for a small time compared to many others, but in the time that I've been here I've worked my hardest to make the best CAPs I can. I am one of the most active contributors to the CAP Pre-Evolution Project, and I've worked on CAP Prevos since Privatyke. I was also extremely involved with the making of Rebble. And by extremely involved I mean that I won literally every single non-art based poll (humble brag). Additionally, in regular CAP I made it to the final 3 in the CAP23 movepool and did contribute to many other parts of CAP23 including typing and abilities. I've also talked a ton with my boy snake_rattler about general CAP things, and I'd say I'm generally very friendly with much of the CAP community.

As for my Pokemon experience, I've been on smogon for like 2 or 3 years now, mainly as an LC player but I've dabbled in all other tier, and of course CAP. I thoroughly enjoy writing, and so I've written over 20 analyses, 7 Facebook Spotlights, around 3 articles, and I'm a member of the TFP Writing Panel. I also am a very big community contributor to LC and generally contribute. All in all, I feel I certainly have enough knowledge and experience to be a successful member of the PRC team.

Hey, I'm Kaotico. I joined the CAP project room about 2 Years ago, in January 2016. I was sorta just looking for a room to join, and the whole CAP project thing just sounded cool. BrokenPhobias was the first person I met there, and also KrazyKake. They and everybody else there were extremely nice to me, which just made me feel good. At that time I had been also applying for CAP 23 stuff, but most of the people I knew quit. And I did too, but I'm back now.

When I was 6 years old, I received a DS lite in order to console me about my recently deceased grandmother. The only game that came with it was Pokemon Platinum version, which had just been released. At the time I couldn't read, and it was really hard for me to play, but I was determined to finish it, and I did. Two years later. :0 After that game, I was hooked. I then played Black version, Black 2 of course, Omega Ruby, one of the first games I played on my 3ds, X, and now of course, Sun. I always, throughout my whole experience with Pokemon and Video Games in general, wanted to make my own game, with my own Pokemon. For Gen 6 and on, I would always turn to Smogon for strategies, but I never saw this CAP thing 'till I started playing Showdown, which I discovered through Shofu. When I started playing Showdown, The only tier I played was Gen 6 Ubers, and eventually Gen 7 Ubers. Until I discovered CAP, which is now really the only format I play. I didn't rush to join CAPTT, because I'm not really into that tournament stuff, however I do compete in tournaments in the CAP room whenever I can.

Anyway that's pretty much it, and I can't wait until art submissions for CAP 24 start, even though I'm not an artist. However, I'm great at thinking and coming up with ideas, which is why I want to be on the PRC and I even have a Fakemon of my own, draw by DatHeatmor.
I hope you take my application into account,

~Kaotico

akaFila

butterscotch love
Le Escoffier-

So honestly this shouldn't be a major concern, or priority at least, for myself at the current time, but I feel being in connection directly with PRC is the best route. As a CAP player and member of the CAPmunity, I'm basically as green as you can get. Been around the Smogon scene for a few years now I suppose, but have yet to pick up or even take interest in CAP until recently. Signups for CAP Survivor were taking place and happened to catch my eye. From there I decided to sign-up for the hell of it. In doing so I obviously had to wet my feet in the CAP metagame. Lol. Turns out, I found the meta far more compelling than expected. Honestly got hooked the moment I began studying it. In the short amount of time since I've continued to immerse myself into the CAP metagame and plans to continue that trend as time goes on.

The one fault I've found in the CAPmunity is the general lack of playerbase. It's not dead by any means, but not exactly flourishing with life either. That in mind, I'd like to see such change. I'd enjoy the opportunity to step in and aid in that jump. Offering what insight I can among the PRC seems to be the logic first step in making this happen.

CAP experience goes back a whopping two weeks or so, if that.. Though I have been around competitive metagames and communities in general despite such, namely Monotype. So while CAP is lacking a touch while in the process of fully grasping everything within the metagame, proper experience elsewhere is in plenty.

Don't really know what else could/should be included, sooooooo yeah :psyduck:

Hi SW here,

I'm an old fogey. I remember browsing through a catalog of new game releases and looking at Pokemon's description. I wasn't too sure what to make of it – until the cartridge finally arrived, I thought the game would be about playing as a large dragon that stomped on gymnasiums for some reason. I guessed the dragon would fight musclebound macho men or something. Then I finally plugged Pokemon Red into my GB, adjusted the lighting around me to make it playable as you did back then, and fell in love.

I have no CAP experience, though I did always swing down here to browse what was cooking.

I love game design, and I was pretty active among the homebrewing MtG community, as well as modding for various games and other types of amateur game design. Since I always played Pokemon – and recently started dabbling into Pokemon Showdown – I decided I might as well give this a shot.

I have several concepts in my mind right now, and I think it would be extremely fun to toy with other people's.

Anyway, let me know if you want my 2c. Thanks for reading!

Hello, Snorlax in the way here, I am looking to apply to the policy review committee.

I've been apart of the CAP community since the end of Crucibelle, and I have been very active in the PS! chatroom ever since. I am one of the most active metagame players with results to boot; the team I led in CAPTT 3 in the absence of Animus Majulous, the Sunkerns, finished in second place, I won the Cyclohm cup with Heaven Jay and Reachzero, and I finished in fifth place during the Spring Seasonal. I am working towards being more active on the Smogon forum side of CAP, and this is one of the ways I plan on doing it. I plan to do more analysis work, and I have also applied for the TLT for CAP 24. Aside from being active in the room, I keep my eyes closely on the CAP metagame, and CAP policy in general. I discuss a lot of topics with users in the PS! chatroom, such as the state of the metagame and CAP itself, and how to improve on our current situation, as it is never good to be complacent. I know I have a bad community view upon myself, but I am looking to change that. I'm known for being talkative and opinionated; I feel that I can use these traits to be helpful to the PRC. I want to be as helpful as I can to the CAP community, and I feel like PRC is a good way to give back. I hope to be able to use the PRC to expand the discussions about the metagame and direction of cap from users on PS! to all users involved in CAP, and to be able to join in the discussion to improve CAP. If you have not discussed CAP with me and want to, doors are always open.

Thank you for considering my application.

Hi, I’m EpicUmbreon29, and I would like to apply to be on the Policy Review Committee.

I’ve been a member of the CAP community for close to 5 years now, having joined towards the very end of B2W2, prior to the release of Cawmodore. I currently serve as a Room Moderator to the CAP Project chatroom on Pokemon Showdown.

Admittedly, I have not posted as much as I could have within the actual CAP Process cycles on the forums, although I have submitted concepts and art, discussed, and voted, and I am currently aiming to become even more active here for the remainder of CAP24.

I have, however, been very active on Pokemon Showdown. I visit the CAP Project room on a nearly daily basis and have done so for most of the past four and a half years, barring a few minor hiatuses. I always love helping out beginners to CAP, and I regularly explain our mission statement and show people the ropes of our metagame, as well as how they can get involved in the CAP Process.

In terms of metagame experience, I have topped the ladder once or twice in the past and have participated in most of the playtests since my joining CAP in at least some capacity. I regularly participate in CAP tournaments scheduled on the forums, including CAPTT and the most recent seasonal, as well as CAP Project room tournaments. All things considered, the number of CAP battles I have played is at least four digits long. In addition, I have contributed to the analyses of multiple Pokemon for CAP in the past, including Keldeo, Tyranitar, Tomohawk, Revenankh, and Cawmodore, and I plan to work on more moving forward.

I also participate in other CAP-related events when they occur, including CAP Survivor Season 2, in which I finished in 6th place and am currently assisting its hosts write mini episodes to recount the tale to the audience at home, so to speak, and I am currently serving the CAP Social Media team by helping to write articles about CAP.

Well, that’s my application. I’m very dedicated to making sure that our community continues to improve and grow, and I thank you for your consideration.

Hello, I'm Pokeniner,

I started playing Pokémon, back when B&W came out, I heavily poured into the countless days playing, and grew a fondness for competitive battling with my friends.

A few months ago, another friend told me about PS, and I was stoked to join. Not only could I play battles precisely, but I got to experience new Pokémon that fans made, I especially loved Naviathan, since my favorite duel type is Water/Steel (Go Empoleon), I've always wanted to share my Ideas of making new Pokémon, but never had the chance, I hope that if I'm accepted, that I'll be able to share these ideas with you guys.

Thank You for your time,
Pokeniner :)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Heyo!

I'm Dogfish44, and you probably remember me from such movies as "The Guy Who Shouts on Discord A Lot" and it's sequel, "Now He's Shouting Drunkenly!". And now, I'm applying for entrance to the Policy Review Committee.

My CAP experience technically dates all the way back to Arghonaut, which was the ongoing CAP when I joined (aged like 16), thinking I had brilliant ideas (I did not) and I was active in Name Submittions and Art Polls from that time. Realistically I'd say I became active in the forum-side community during Plasmanta, and I have generally (excluding Kerfluffle) since been active in submitting Stat Spreads and Movepools.

More generally I've been involved with the CAP project as an outside observer since the Tomohawk era, as a semi-important figure in CAP ASB, and was pretty much constantly available in the #CAP IRC room, even through some pretty... intense arguments.

My Smogon experience starts with me joining in 2009 when I was 13, and honestly I'll be damned if I remember what link I found to get here, except possibly that it was from GameFAQs. I've essentially flirted across the entirety of the site, including to Smeargle's Studio, CAP, and ASB. As for my history of Pokémon, I'm not going to go into too many details about my personal past, just that I've been playing since Emerald came out.

I'm applying to PRC since I'd like to think I tend to have decent ideas, especially when it comes to voting systems (Until a couple of days ago I ran a political simulation where handling complex ranked votes was standard) and nitpicking ironing out flaws.

Hey everyone,

I'm Zephias, a Colombian community member whose mostly known for my work with the 3d project and my participation on discord alongside some very strong appearances mostly during typing and ability stages. I've also subbed a couple times for art stages, but haven't really gotten anywhere with that.

I've been a a community member for a while starting as a lurker in 2010, with my first actual participation in the project being in 2014 through the prevo project. I've had very erratic periods of activity but ever since Crucibelle I'd like to say I've kept pretty active and I've definitely scaled up my participation during the past couple CAPs. I've applied for TLT, am a member of the CAP social media team and hopefully I'll get somewhere with my TLT apps in the near future.

I'm applying for the PRC because I believe I can actively contribute to the workings of the CAP project through my experience with it and my ability to think things from multiple angles. I also think that especially where it comes to the 3d project and potential changes to its structure my input could be very valuable, having been present in different fashions since the project's very start. All in all, I just want to contribute to the workings and betterment of CAP in any way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)