CAP Player Of the Week# 5: Snorlax_in_the_way

Inspired by threads in OU and other forums, co-hosted by SHSP and Airwind , Banner by Centinela

Hello and welcome to the CAP player of the week! In this project, SHSP and I will interview some of our metagame’s best innovators, builders, and players! This week's interviewee is Snorlax in the way , assistant manager for the CAPTT's Sunny Side Up Sunkerns! If you have anyone who you would like to be interviewed, please PM either SHSP or me!
Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I'm 17, from Virginia, and enjoy talking about video games and history. Im a pretty comical guy as well, and I like to joke a lot.

What are you most known for on Smogon?

Probably using stall teams in tournaments and having banter with my opponents.

What is your favorite Pokemon, and why?

I don't really have a certain favorite Pokemon, but i do have a few that i favor over the other 800. Those would be Hitmontop, Musharna, Pyukumuku, and of course, Snorlax. I usually either like them because a certain experience I've had with them, or because of their design.

What is your favorite CAP?

My favorite cap is probably Volkraken, the sheer amount of damage it can put out, and its usefulness make it hard to not put it as my favorite. I also like Kerfluffle because it was the first one i was really a part of.

What is your most used Pokemon?

It's either Clefable or Dugtrio. I used Clefable a lot in gen 6 and in gen 7, but i use Dugtrio on most all teams this gen. I think you can guess why I use them a lot. As we all know, trapping is balanced. I guess i do use Zygarde a fair bit too though.

What brought you to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general?

My friend from school introduced me to Pokémon Showdown and it all kinda blossomed from there. He's long gone from showdown now and Im still around, lol.

How were you introduced to the CAP project?

I joined every room PPQ was in as a joke, and then ended up beating Khosro in a tour and just never left. Still here aren't I?

What is the best part of the creation of a CAPmon in your opinion?

I personally enjoy Concept assessment and typing, it gives us a firm foundation for which to move on, and since they are both at the beginning it sets the tone for the rest of the project, and its usually still pretty hype at that point. I'm also a huge sucker for the art stage, as I like to look at all the talented art submissions.

What is your favorite CAP OM? (like cap lc, monotype, doubles)

Well im pretty active in Cap LC as far as activity goes, but I still think LC itself still has a lot of work to do to balance the tier. My favorite to watch is probably cap doubles, good ol' shenanigans.

What made you choose your name?

Funny story about my name, my friend who introduced me to this server, and i proceeded to sit around for about 30 minutes coming up with a name. His was The Head_Honchkrow, so of course, I looked for a Pokémon that could also be related to a gimmick. The only thing that came to mind was the Snorlax_in_the_way in the main series games. The only thing is though, he never actually told me how his name was spelled, I found that out later, he played a joke on me and told me we couldn't use spaces in our names, so I used underscores instead. That's how I got the name I have today, its the first one I ever had online really. Fun fact, its actually the max character limit.

What is your favorite Generation of Pokemon and why?

My favorite pokemon generation is generation 2, for two reasons: 1. All the other generations are bad, and 2: 2. You get to go to two regions, Johto and Kanto, you cannot beat that lol.

Thoughts at the beginning of this CAP project?

THANK GOD ITS NOT ROLE COMPRESSION I like the concept that was chosen, and I'm interested to see whether we go defensive or offensive at this point. *hopefully offensive* I'm also interested to see if snake_rattler does a good job, which I'm sure he will.

Thoughts on week 1 of the CAPTT and looking forward?

The draft plan I made was immaculate, the comeback was planned, the Sunkerns are gonna win. #TheUltimateCAPTTExperience

Is there any advice you would give to newer players in terms of playing and building, competing in tournaments, etc?

Watch the top players games in the tiers that you want to participate in, and get teams passed to you. That way you can see what a good team should look like, and what any solid team should have. In terms of tournaments, join and don't be afraid to lose. Losing happens to the best of players, best to get it out of the way. Eventually you'll start to beat the top players, and will be able to builds your own teams as well. If you can, find a couple guys in the tier that will test with you often.

Who are some of your favorite people in the Smogon Community?

Drapionswing , PPQ, Jho sparktrain , cbrevan , DarkSlay , asgdf , sirDonovan in no particular order, and i just named a few. There of course are older users like Tevin, mareep sweep, greenlean, and some others that i haven't forgotten but they're all gone now haha.

Last edited:
Thanks for the shoutout my dude. Got a couple of important questions for you.

- If you could drop an Uber into CAP, would you? (which one if so)
- best pickup line?

It would definitely be Giratina-O, some other things that come to mind though are: Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D again, Shadow Tag cus trapping is balanced, and Blaziken/Mega-Blaziken

My favorite pickups lines consist of: "Did it hurt when you crawled from the depths of hell to meet me?" and I just like to state the fact that: I've had more success than she's had hot dinners.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
2 Questions:

How good do you think krilowatt is now that it's gained Volt Switch?

What is your favourite buff from the updates?

Krilowatt is okay, hits like a wet noodle, but I know you like crucikrill and I've seen it work in that core, otherwise no.

My favorite buff is arghonaut getting spikes and scald. It has a role that it does really well, that isn't really fulfilled by anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)