CAP Updates: Krilowatt Discussion (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So far, it seems that the general consensus is that Scald would pretty much replace Surf in Krilowatt's main moveset, and that Volt Switch could significantly change Krilowatt's role by allowing it to pivot out from Grass-types and allowing it to fit well on VoltTurn teams.
The part about Scald replacing surf is just... wrong. So wrong. Scald would never be used over surf, because it is simply not worth it. This is not last gen where burn damage was double what it is now. Last gen, getting a burn would effectively make Scald the stronger move than Surf, meaning that, between that and the attack drop, Scald was almost always better. Now... not so much. Surf is always going to be stronger, and Kril is a weak Pokemon that is forced to be offensive. It simply cannot afford the power drop of Scald, and I highly doubt it would see any use at all. And as such, I see it as just a flavorful addition and no more.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The part about Scald replacing surf is just... wrong. So wrong. Scald would never be used over surf, because it is simply not worth it. This is not last gen where burn damage was double what it is now. Last gen, getting a burn would effectively make Scald the stronger move than Surf, meaning that, between that and the attack drop, Scald was almost always better. Now... not so much. Surf is always going to be stronger, and Kril is a weak Pokemon that is forced to be offensive. It simply cannot afford the power drop of Scald, and I highly doubt it would see any use at all. And as such, I see it as just a flavorful addition and no more.
Burn still nullifies leftovers which is nice, burning physical attackers which may want to switch into a predicted water move (you can't always click ice beam or coverage. It also burns tangrowth which beats krill 1v1 and pressures it. Saying that surf will be outclasssd is untrue, but scald has a leg to stand on. I definitely agree that surf is a better option.(I dont think it should run water moves at all)

I think the set snake_rattler posted encapsulates krillowat's sets entirely. Volt Switch is hard to pass up due to the momentum oppurtunity and shouldn't be passed up. Despite this it won't disrupt krillowatt's role as a wallbreaker as its coverage is still amazing, volt switch just gives it a buff for potential pivotting and allows it to function as a pivot. What I mean by this is, the roles will just be played together with the main focus of wallbreaking, and while it can be played on voltturn it will still function as a wallbreaker.

Tl:dr scald is cool surf is better though, and volt switch won't turn krill's wallbreaking potential is more valuablr than its pivot potential.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Imagine Krilowatt had access to both Volt Switch and Scald. How would this impact Krilowatt as a Pokemon? Would these moves increase the Krilowatt's versatility and set diversity?

Volt Switch would be awesome on Krilowatt, since it would let it totally bypass its nemesis Ferrothorn and never be blocked by the numerous powerful Ground types of CAP. I would run Volt Switch alongside Discharge, Surf and Ice Beam and never look back.

Scald, on the other hand, is something of a luxury. It doesn't hurt, it isn't broken, but I can't imagine a time when I would really prefer it over Surf, especially considering the possibility of Burning things that I would much prefer to Paralyze.

2. Should we include Volt Switch and/or Scald? Or should Conservation be valued over Consistency?

Krilowatt receiving Scald and Volt Switch is in my opinion the strongest consistency slam dunk of the entire update process. They should definitely be included.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
1. Imagine Krilowatt had access to both Volt Switch and Scald. How would this impact Krilowatt as a Pokemon? Would these moves increase the Krilowatt's versatility and set diversity?
Scald at least promotes diversity, at least a little bit. While Surf is mostly superior to Scald, especially since the Gen 7 burn nerf, I can imagine that Scald will be alluring to some players against the physical attackers of the tier and leftovers cancellation. It may be seen on a set once in a while, but won't be terribly common.

Volt Switch is sorta the opposite of the former: it'll probably be standard on Kril. Momentum on a Pokemon like Krilowatt allows it to get past Ferrothorn, which laughs at nearly every option Kril has otherwise. It also just gives it great momentum overall. I'm not totally sure if it would be run over Thunderbolt or Discharge, meaning that it may take up one of it's valuable coverage slots. This means that Krilowatt would finally gain the ability of...choice. Would you run a certain coverage move to hit certain mons, or Volt Switch to get past Ferrothorn and for momentum? I see this as only positive.

2. Should we include Volt Switch and/or Scald? Or should Conservation be valued over Consistency?
Scald and Volt Switch are some of the most common moves on Water and Electric types, and not including them both would make GF look down at us in sadness. There has never been a more definitive addition.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
It has been over 24 hours now! And as there has been no opposition to including Scald and Volt Switch, they will both be included in Krilowatt's new movepool, and no poll will be required.

With that, it is time to move on to full Movepool submissions. Here you'll have a chance to propose an updated Movepool in order to make Krilowatt look more like a Gen 7 Pokemon. The requirements for all submitted movepools are as follows:

Required moves:
  • Any moves in Krilowatt's existing movepool
  • Scald and Volt Switch
  • Round and Confide (universal TMs that were released after Gen 4)
Other guidelines:
  • No other new competitive move may be included. This includes new coverage moves or stronger variants of existing coverage, as well as anything else with competitive merit. I'll be monitoring submissions closely to ensure this guideline is followed.
  • Keep your focus on Gen 5, 6, and 7 moves when adding new moves. I won't ban move additions from Gen 4 and earlier, but if you do choose to include them you will need to have clear flavor reasoning behind it.
Have fun with this!

Final Submission

0 Ice Shard
0 Bubble
0 Charge
5 Thunder Shock
11 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Heart Swap
51 Discharge
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water

No changes here.

Counter
Follow Me
Guard Split (Carbink)
Me First
Metronome
Mind Reader
Mirror Coat
Power Split (Malamar/Araquanid/Masquerain)
Sheer Cold

Decided to add Guard Split and Power Split here to play on the Heart Swap theme. There's no real point in running either one of these due to the randomness of the effectiveness, and with the addition of Volt Switch, they become further de-incentivized as Kril no longer really wants to stay in as much. As for why these instead of Power/Guard Swap, I wanted to add both the defensive and offensive aspects, but without interfering with the level up movepool. That was only possible with the Split moves, and not the Swap moves. Plus, they have roughly the same flavor equivalence.

TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM55 Scald

TM56 Fling
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM78 Bulldoze
TM87 Swagger

TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM94 Surf
TM98 Waterfall

TM100 Confide

I've added Confide, Round, Scald, and Volt Switch (which are required), moved Surf and Waterfall to adjust for HM removal, and also changed the TM number of Sleep Talk to reflect the current system. Wild Charge was also added because it was allowed to be added and helps Kril competitively via diversification of sets. Bulldoze is there because Krilo already learns Earthquake, so Bulldoze is almost necessitated. Swagger is a universal TM.

Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Electroweb
Ice Punch
Icy Wind

Iron Tail
Low Kick
Magnet Rise
Recycle
Shock Wave

Signal Beam

Snore
Thunder Punch
Water Pulse

Tutor moves are fairly straightforward. It's all the ORAS tutors that cover for the loss of past generation moves and some new ones. Aqua Tail is there because it's a shrimp, has a tail, and was allowed by Deck. Electroweb is learned by a good chunk of electric types, so I decided to include it. The Japanese name, ElecNet, made me think of fishing nets, so I felt it fit. Magnet Rise is pretty ubiquitous among non-flying/levitating electric types thanks to Tutors, so Kril should get it. The same logic goes for Snore, but for all Pokémon instead of just Electric Types. Iron Tail is there because it's learned by practically everything with a tail, which Kril has.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Cut (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Dive (Gen 4 Tutor, Gen 5,XY HM)
Earth Power (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Flash (Gen 4,5,6 TM)
Fury Cutter (Gen 4 Tutor)
Helping Hand (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Ice Punch (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Icy Wind (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Low Kick (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM)
Recycle (ORAS Tutor, Gen 4 TM)
Secret Power (Gen 4,6 TM)
Shock Wave (ORAS Tutor, Gen 4 TM)
Signal Beam (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Surf (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Swift (Gen 4 Tutor)
Thunder Punch (Gen 4,ORAS Tutor)
Waterfall (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Water Pulse (ORAS Tutor, Gen 4 TM)
Whirlpool (Gen 4 HM)

Holy past generation moves Batman! These are all the TMs/HMs/Old Tutor Moves that Krilo learned, along with what generation they were in and if they are an ORAS tutor move or not. If they are 'current' tutor moves, they're also doubled and italicized in the Tutor section. Surf and Waterfall are also doubled up for in TMs to account for the removal of HMs in Gen 7.
-
Perhaps the most notable difference with my movepool is the absence of Charge Beam. I do have reasons for this, which I will now delineate. Firstly and foremost, Charge Beam is a Generation 4 move. This means that it existed at the time of creating Krilowatt, and hence was not included for some reason. Further investigation into the archives will show that the move was deemed controversial because it allowed Krilowatt a way to raise its more or less mediocre Special Attack stat while still taking advantage of its bulk and speed. I understand why some people are inclined to add it based on flavor, but I agree with the original controversiality and, for the sake of conservation, will not be including the move since it was originally disallowed.

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before we get too far into submissions, I want to bring up one other "competitive" move that really should be touched on: Wild Charge. This is a 5th gen move that has been a TM, and almost every electric type gets it. Now, on the one hand, with Magic Guard as an ability, Wild Charge is almost a strict upgrade over Thunder Punch on the physical side (loss of 10% paralysis notwithstanding). However, with that being said, Krilowatt's physical set is almost completely inferior to its special set, and so having it get an improvement is really not an issue. With a move as important for consistency as this, I'd really like to see it be received, just as much (if not even more than Scald and Volt Switch.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Before we get too far into submissions, I want to bring up one other "competitive" move that really should be touched on: Wild Charge. This is a 5th gen move that has been a TM, and almost every electric type gets it. Now, on the one hand, with Magic Guard as an ability, Wild Charge is almost a strict upgrade over Thunder Punch on the physical side (loss of 10% paralysis notwithstanding). However, with that being said, Krilowatt's physical set is almost completely inferior to its special set, and so having it get an improvement is really not an issue. With a move as important for consistency as this, I'd really like to see it be received, just as much (if not even more than Scald and Volt Switch.
I would second this, add Aqua Tail to this reasoning, and also make an argument Hydro Pump should be allowed, as it was brought up and no official answer received. Back when Krilowatt was created, both offensive and defensive threats were much less bulky than they currently are - no Megas, no Regenerator mons, not even Assault Vest, etc. Hydro Pump has the same base power as Thunder, Krilowatt's other strong STAB move, and Blizzard, Krilowatt's strongest individual coverage move, so I do not think it is excessive or too powerful in the Gen 7 meta. Surf vs Hydro Pump power vs accuracy battles are a longstanding discussion, but I think the additional power offered by Hydro Pump will allow Krilowatt to fulfill its role better against bulkier threats.

One last comment: Magnet Rise was available as a Gen 4 tutor when Krilowatt was created. We did not give it to Krilowatt because Krilowatt outspeeding pretty much every Ground type outside of Dugtrio gave Krilowatt far too easy a way to avoid one of its two weaknesses. Kril's low weight already made Grass Knot a joke. Magnet Rise should not be allowed. I suppose you could make the same argument for Aqua Tail (Platinum Tutor), but AT doesn't have the weakness skewing effect Magnet Rise does.

Last edited:
I'd like to quickly chime in on Hydro Pump's potential addition, purely from a consistency standpoint. There are indeed a handful of Pokemon which learn Surf but not Hydro Pump in Gen 4, but acquire Hydro Pump in a later generation (the Cloyster line, the Octillery line, and the Floatzel line), so it wouldn't be entirely unprecedented for Krilowatt to gain Hydro Pump from this update. However, it's worth noting that the majority of Water-types in Gen 4 with Surf but not Hydro Pump have not gained the move in a later generation (Bibarel, Dewgong, Gastrodon, Kingler, Manaphy, Slowbro, Slowking, the list goes on).

All Surf vs Hydro Pump competitive arguments aside, it would seem that there's a stronger precedent for Krilowatt to continue not learning Hydro Pump when comparing it to other Water-types in a similar situation. It could go either way though.

hey um, I'm new to CAP in general, so I might be doing this wrong but
why don't we add Charge Beam as a TM or level up move? krill learns both Charge and Discharge so I don't see why not TM57 Charge Beam, especially when 90% of electric types can learn it
competitively, Charge Beam has very little value, as it has a disappointing base 50 base power, only 90% accuracy, and the SpA boost isn't even 100% consistent. Thunderbolt pretty much completely outclasses it as an offensive move.
as for Hydro Pump, I don't know much about CAP to say anything about it, but I might chime in if I find any evidence for or against Hydro Pump.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Aqua Tail / Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Ice Beam / Low Kick
Defensive Tomohawk
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 182-218 (43.9 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 218-260 (52.6 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Offensive Tomohawk
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tomohawk: 260-307 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tomohawk: 312-369 (88.8 - 105.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Tapu Fini
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 179-213 (52.1 - 62%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 218-257 (63.5 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Specially Defensive Celesteela
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 234-276 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 281-330 (70.6 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Aurumoth
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurumoth: 121-142 (33.5 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurumoth: 144-172 (39.8 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Chansey
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 157-187 (24.4 - 29.1%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 188-224 (29.2 - 34.8%) -- 10.7% chance to 3HKO

Defensive Skarmory
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 135-164 (40.4 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 164-195 (49.1 - 58.3%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Assault Vest Magearna
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 107-126 (29.4 - 34.7%) -- 7.4% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 126-149 (34.7 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Volkraken
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Thunder Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 283-338 (82.7 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 343-406 (100.2 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Marowak-A
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 237-281 (90.8 - 107.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 265-312 (101.5 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Assault Vest Colossoil
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 315-374 (77.3 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 354-421 (86.9 - 103.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Flame Orb Colossoil
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Colossoil: 330-393 (81 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Colossoil: 374-439 (91.8 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Landorus-T
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 187-221 (58.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 211-250 (66.1 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Crucibelle
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 322-382 (90.9 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 361-429 (101.9 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Offensive Heatran
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 242-289 (74.9 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 273-322 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Lele
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 160-188 (56.9 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 179-212 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Scizor
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 116+ Def Scizor: 103-122 (30 - 35.5%) -- 27.4% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Aqua Tail vs. 248 HP / 116+ Def Scizor: 117-138 (34.1 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overall, Wild Charge and Aqua Tail let physical Krilowatt have a chance in the metagame, allowing it to at least theorhetically 2HKO defensive Tomohawk (can't because of Roost stall, but it's kinda sad otherwise). It nets some new KOes on super effective threats but not very many on neutral threats, but Krilowatt really thrives off of super effective hits anyways.

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Ice Beam / Volt Switch
- Earth Power
Physically Defensive Pyroak
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 153-181 (34.5 - 40.8%) -- 57.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 187-222 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Offensive Heatran
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 268-320 (82.9 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 330-390 (102.1 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tapu Koko
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 179-212 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 220-259 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bulky Mega Scizor
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Scizor-Mega: 125-148 (36.4 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Scizor-Mega: 153-181 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO

Aurumoth
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aurumoth: 214-253 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aurumoth: 261-308 (72.2 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fidgit
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Fidgit: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Fidgit: 416-491 (105.5 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Volcarona
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 273-322 (87.7 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 330-393 (106.1 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Assault Vest Colossoil
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 0 HP / 220 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 190-226 (46.6 - 55.5%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 220 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 234-276 (57.4 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Flame Orb Colossoil
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Colossoil: 374-439 (91.8 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Colossoil: 455-538 (111.7 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hydro Pump has a pretty big effect on Krilowatt's sets. It turns a few near OHKOes into full OHKOes and really just improves Krilowatt's damage output. Choice Specs might be a nice set too, especially with Volt Switch.

In my opinion, I'd like to tentatively support Krilowatt with more STAB options because it still thrives off of super effective hits to pull off damage. I'd be more inclined to support Wild Charge and Aqua Tail before Hydro Pump, though.

EDIT: After having thought about each of these moves, Wild Charge and Aqua Tail have my support. However, Hydro Pump does not because it changes Krilowatt's matchups too much and doesn't let us observe the addition of Volt Switch (and to a lesser degree, Scald) properly.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok I've been wanting to post for a bit on Krilowatt, but haven't had the time to do so until now. I must first say that there is absolutely no reason we should be discussing allowing Hydro Pump. The reason being is that Surf / Scald are bound to give Kril want it needs already (power or the utility of burning opponents) and Hydro Pump pushes Kril's special set over the edge. While snake showed some calcs, those calc lacked the application of SR which would show that Hydro Pump would 2HKO Pyroak, guarantee the 2HKO on bulky Mega Scizor, and nearly OHKOing Aurumoth. Allowing Hydro Pump into its movepool skews Kril's special set to the point that it makes it not worth running any other set, particularly if we want to explore the physical route that is, which imo is what we should be focusing on.

A physical set would be a fantastic way to buff Krilowatt as its special set, with the inclusion of Scald and Volt Switch, is fine enough as is now. But what Kril really needs is to be able to be more versatile which buffing its physical set is the best option we've got in my opinion. Wild Charge is a great step as, unlike most physical Electric-types, it has Magic Guard which allows it to bypass the recoil of Wild Charge, giving it a really neat physical Electric STAB. Another thing would be to mirror its physical coverage with its special coverage. While it does have Earthquake and Earth Power, it does lack a "powerful" physical Ice coverage move to "mirror" Ice Beam and as such, I would love to suggest Icicle Crash as a physical coverage move. This would give Krilowatt a decently powerful physical coverage move that allows physical sets to mirror its special sets while not totally outclassing special sets, especially since special sets still give Kril the ability to pivot. An example for a physical set would look something like this:

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Low Kick

What this does is gives Krilowatt a similarly powerful Ice-type coverage move for physical sets, allowing it to stay on par with the special sets, especially with the new buff special sets got being able to pivot.
SubCoil Zygarde
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 307-364 (73.6 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 270-322 (64.7 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Assault Vest Colossoil
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 224-265 (55 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 200-237 (49.1 - 58.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Necturna
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 179-213 (66.2 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 161-190 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 161-190 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 143-169 (50.8 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
The only relevant boost that Icicle Crash gives over Ice Punch is being able to hurt these particular mons a lot better after chip damage, but both options provide the same results (a 2HKO). While some may ask "why add Icicle Crash then?" it is because I feel that the physical coverage should "mirror" the special coverage due to Krilowatt's similar, yet average, attacking stats while also giving the physical set a reason to be used (flinchhax maybe idk). Overall, my point is the focus of this update, post Scald and Volt Switch addition, should be on buffing the physical set, which isn't bad but is nowhere near as good as special sets are, rather than trying to further push the special set to the forefront because even with Krilowatt getting more physical options, the special set will most likely prove to be the most useful set while the physical set can be used to lure in would-be checks and wear them down.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Ok I've been wanting to post for a bit on Krilowatt, but haven't had the time to do so until now. I must first say that there is absolutely no reason we should be discussing allowing Hydro Pump. The reason being is that Surf / Scald are bound to give Kril want it needs already (power or the utility of burning opponents) and Hydro Pump pushes Kril's special set over the edge. While snake showed some calcs, those calc lacked the application of SR which would show that Hydro Pump would 2HKO Pyroak, guarantee the 2HKO on bulky Mega Scizor, and nearly OHKOing Aurumoth. Allowing Hydro Pump into its movepool skews Kril's special set to the point that it makes it not worth running any other set, particularly if we want to explore the physical route that is, which imo is what we should be focusing on.

A physical set would be a fantastic way to buff Krilowatt as its special set, with the inclusion of Scald and Volt Switch, is fine enough as is now. But what Kril really needs is to be able to be more versatile which buffing its physical set is the best option we've got in my opinion. Wild Charge is a great step as, unlike most physical Electric-types, it has Magic Guard which allows it to bypass the recoil of Wild Charge, giving it a really neat physical Electric STAB. Another thing would be to mirror its physical coverage with its special coverage. While it does have Earthquake and Earth Power, it does lack a "powerful" physical Ice coverage move to "mirror" Ice Beam and as such, I would love to suggest Icicle Crash as a physical coverage move. This would give Krilowatt a decently powerful physical coverage move that allows physical sets to mirror its special sets while not totally outclassing special sets, especially since special sets still give Kril the ability to pivot. An example for a physical set would look something like this:

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Low Kick

What this does is gives Krilowatt a similarly powerful Ice-type coverage move for physical sets, allowing it to stay on par with the special sets, especially with the new buff special sets got being able to pivot.
SubCoil Zygarde
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 307-364 (73.6 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 270-322 (64.7 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Assault Vest Colossoil
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 224-265 (55 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 200-237 (49.1 - 58.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Necturna
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 179-213 (66.2 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 161-190 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 161-190 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 143-169 (50.8 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
The only relevant boost that Icicle Crash gives over Ice Punch is being able to hurt these particular mons a lot better after chip damage, but both options provide the same results (a 2HKO). While some may ask "why add Icicle Crash then?" it is because I feel that the physical coverage should "mirror" the special coverage due to Krilowatt's similar, yet average, attacking stats while also giving the physical set a reason to be used (flinchhax maybe idk). Overall, my point is the focus of this update, post Scald and Volt Switch addition, should be on buffing the physical set, which isn't bad but is nowhere near as good as special sets are, rather than trying to further push the special set to the forefront because even with Krilowatt getting more physical options, the special set will most likely prove to be the most useful set while the physical set can be used to lure in would-be checks and wear them down.
Icicle Crash is unnecessary. First of all, there's no flavor to this move at all. While we are speaking about moves in a competitive sense in the consistency stage, it's to make sure that whatever moves we're adding on as flavor don't mess up the competitive update. So why does Icicle Crash have bad flavor? No non-Ice type learns Icicle Crash beyond Smeargle and Necturna, which both have Sketch. Krilowatt isn't an Ice-type, so there's no opportunity to Krilowatt to have gotten the move.

Additionally, Icicle Crash doesn't even pick up any new KOes there, so there's no reason to add it over Ice Punch. Furthermore, having had a chat with spark, Physical Krilowatt has the option to run Ice Beam anyways, and it's pretty good, assuming Naive Nature:
vs. SubCoil Zygarde
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 270-322 (64.7 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 212+ SpD Zygarde: 224-265 (53.7 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs. Offensive Landorus
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 234-276 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 348-411 (109 - 128.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs. Tapu Bulu
252 Atk Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 143-169 (50.8 - 60.1%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
0 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 151-179 (53.7 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
Basically, there isn't any good reason to consider Icicle Crash. In this stage, if we want to add moves (since this is consistency), they need to make sense flavorfully first and then we need to make sure that they don't unnecessarily change matchups.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I kind of opened this can of worms by mentioning Hydro Pump, but I thought it odd the only consistency moves with competitive implications we talked about were Volt Switch and Scald, and then we immediately jumped to pure flavor.

I think we have our bases covered now on competitive consistency moves. For the sake of avoiding headaches, Aqua Tail will be allowed but Crab Hammer will not. Wild Charge will be allowed but Volt Tackle will not. Hydro Pump will not be allowed. Icicle Crash and other, stronger coverage is not allowed.

While no one has done calcs on Crab Hammer, I feel safe saying that the move has low enough distribution to not just be tossed around, and Krilowatt really does not have a strongly developed crab claw even of Krabby's caliber. Aqua Tail is sufficient.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

0 Power Swap
0 Ice Shard
0 Bubble
0 Charge
5 Thunder Shock
11 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Heart Swap
46 Power Swap
46 Guard Swap
46 Speed Swap

51 Discharge
53 Aqua Tail
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water

I added the other Swap moves to partner with Heart Swap. I also made Power Swap a Heart Scale move. I gave it Aqua Tail as a level up move as well.

TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM47 Low Sweep
TM48 Round
TM55 Scald

TM56 Fling
TM57 Charge Beam
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM78 Bulldoze
TM87 Swagger

TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM94 Surf
TM98 Waterfall
TM100 Confide

I added all of the required moves + Charge Beam, as almost every Electric type learns it. Plus it gets Charge. And Minus. Also Swagger is learned by almost everything. And this Krill got swagger. Low Sweep and Bulldoze is learnt by almost everything that learns Low Kick and Earthquake learns them.

Aqua Tail (Gen 5,6 Tutor)
Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Cut (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Earth Power (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Electroweb (Gen 5,6 Tutor)
Flash (Gen 4,5,6 TM)
Helping Hand (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Ice Punch (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Icy Wind (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Iron Tail (Gen 5,6 Tutor)
Low Kick (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Magnet Rise (Gen 4,5,6 Tutor)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM)
Recycle (6 Tutor, Gen 4 TM)
Shock Wave (6 Tutor, Gen 4 TM)
Signal Beam (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Snore (Gen 4,5,6 Tutor)
Surf (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Swift (Gen 4 Tutor)
Thunder Punch (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Waterfall (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Water Pulse (6 Tutor, Gen 4 TM)
Whirlpool (Gen 4 HM)

Counter
Entrainment (Plusle, Minun, Araquanid etc)
Follow Me
Guard Swap (Quagsire)
Me First
Metronome
Mind Reader
Mirror Coat
Parabolic Charge (Dedenne)
Sheer Cold
Speed Swap (Raichu-A, Cutiefly)

I added Entrainment because, as Deck summed up, it fits quite nicely on Krilowatt. I added Speed and Guard Swap in Egg moves as well, as it learns all of the Swap moves and can access them via breeding.

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

Sorry about the lack of communication, everyone. Deck Knight summed most of this up pretty well, but here are the statuses of some moves that have been brought up:

Allowed:
Aqua Tail
Wild Charge
Iron Tail (very niche, widely distributed)

Not Allowed:
Hydro Pump
Icicle Crash
Crabhammer
Volt Tackle

Proceed with more movepool submissions!

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Eh, we need more competition.

Final Submission

Level-Up

0 Aqua Tail
0 Ice Shard
0 Bubble
0 Charge
5 Thunder Shock
11 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Heart Swap
51 Discharge
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water

Added Aqua Tail as a heart scale move, as I liked the flow of its current movepool and Krilowatt would have trouble knowing Aqua Tail through natural means, since it has a somewhat small tail.

Egg Moves
Counter
Follow Me
Guard Swap (Quagsire)
Me First
Metronome
Mind Reader
Mirror Coat
Sheer Cold

Added Guard Swap to the current Egg move list. It fits well with Heart Swap without competing for slots in its Level-Up movepool. Now, you may be asking "Why no Power Swap? That also fits with Krilowatt and Heart Swap!" Well, Power Swap is not present for two reasons: Krilowatt is actually not that strong offensively, and Guard Swap better reflects its massive HP stat, and it is literally impossible to add it to its Egg moves without changing Egg groups.

TMs
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM55 Scald

TM56 Fling
TM57 Charge Beam
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM78 Bulldoze
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM94 Surf
TM98 Waterfall
TM100 Confide

Added the required moves in Volt Switch, Scald, Round, and Confide, as well as accounting for HM removals for Surf and Waterfall. Also decided to add Charge Beam, as most electric types learn it, and it sorta reflects X-Shockwave in Battle Capacity. Wild Charge because of Krilowatt's ability to produce huge amounts of electricity, as well as some competitive aspects. Bulldoze is also required, as it has Earthquake.

Tutor Moves
Earth Power
Electroweb
Ice Punch
Icy Wind

Iron Tail
Low Kick
Magnet Rise
Recycle
Shock Wave

Signal Beam

Snore
Thunder Punch
Water Pulse

A ton of things that get Electroweb are not linked to webs in anyway whatsoever, so why should Krilowatt be the exception, plus I like Okamu's justification of the move. Magnet Rise falls under a similar category, and has near-universal distribution under Electric types. Snore is near-universal, so adding it would violate move to move. Finally, Iron Tail has very wide distribution for stuff with tails, and has to be taught, not naturally learned, similar to my explanation of Aqua Tail.

Transfer Only Moves
Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Cut (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Flash (Gen 4,5,6 TM)
Icy Wind (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Low Kick (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Magnet Rise (Gen 4,5,6 Tutor)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM)
Snore (Gen 4,5,6 Tutor)
Surf (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Swift (Gen 4 Tutor)
Waterfall (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Whirlpool (Gen 4 HM)

Updated to reflect move tutor additions.

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Final Submission:

0 Aqua Tail
0 Magnetic Flux

0 Ice Shard
0 Bubble
0 Charge
Evo: Aqua Tail
5 Thunder Shock
11 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Heart Swap
51 Discharge
53 Wild Charge
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water

Three additions here, Aqua Tail as a Heart Scale and evolution move given the design for Krilowatt's Pre-vo does not have a tail, Magnetic Flux since Krilowatt now has Minus, it should get the doubles flavor move specifically for those Pokemon, and Wild Charge added at Level 53, since it always bothered me that as a mixed offensive Pokemon (it actually has 1 more Atk than SpA) Krilowatt did not have any physical level-up moves except Ice Shard and Counter.

Counter
Entrainment (Plusle, Minun, Araquanid, etc.)
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mind Reader
Mirror Coat
Sheer Cold
Speed Swap (Raichu-A, Cutiefly)

Two additions here. Entrainment was added in Gen 5 and it fits Krilowatt's theme as a Utility Counter for its cool flavor interactions with Trace, and the fact it's pretty counterproductive to give your opponent Magic Guard (allies in doubles, however...) Speed Swap was just added in Gen 7 and I feel it's distinct enough from Heart Swap (switches actual stats, not boosts) that it serves the original's intended purpose of reversing the tide on strong meta threats. Both of these moves come from Pokemon in the Fairy Egg group, although there are also Water 1 Pokemon with Entrainment.

TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM47 Low Sweep
TM48 Round
TM55 Scald

TM56 Fling
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM78 Bulldoze
TM87 Swagger

TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM94 Surf
TM98 Waterfall
TM100 Confide

Additions here are Bulldoze (Consistent with Earthquake), Confide (Universal TM), Low Sweep (consistent with Low Kick), Round (Univeral TM), Scald (Required), Swagger (Universal TM), Volt Switch (Required), and Wild Charge (Well-supported in discussion). One notable move I did NOT add is Charge Beam. When Krilowatt was originally created we were very wary of giving it any way to directly raise its offensive stats. I know Charge Beam is a very flawed move, but as it was available in Gen 4 as a TM and we did not give it to Krilowatt, I want to stay with that decision.

Earth Power
Electroweb
Ice Punch
Icy Wind

Iron Tail
Low Kick
Recycle
Shock Wave

Signal Beam

Snore
Thunder Punch
Water Pulse

Additions are Electroweb (consistent with Electric type), Iron Tail (nearly all tailed mons have it), and Snore (Universal Tutor). Notably excluded is Magnet Rise, which as an aquatic electric type (and a Pokemon that already scares Ground type attackers with Water STAB and Ice coverage) I don't think it should get.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM)
Cut (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Endure (Gen 4 TM)
Flash (Gen 4,5,6 TM)
Icy Wind (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Low Kick (Gen 4,6 Tutor)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM)
Snore (Gen 4,5,6 Tutor)
Surf (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Swift (Gen 4 Tutor)
Waterfall (Gen 4,5,6 HM)
Whirlpool (Gen 4 HM)

Aqua Tail (Level-Up/Past Tutor)
Bulldoze (TM)
Confide (TM)
Electroweb (Past Tutor)
Entrainment (Egg)
Iron Tail (Past Tutor)
Low Sweep (TM)
Magnetic Flux (Level-Up)
Round (Past Tutor)
Scald (TM)
Snore (Past Tutor)
Speed Swap (Egg)
Swagger (TM)
Volt Switch (TM)
Wild Charge (Level-Up/TM)
15 Moves Total

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Any thoughts on Liquidation? I wanted to add it but no discussion had taken place.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Any thoughts on Liquidation? I wanted to add it but no discussion had taken place.
I think its a bit too much. Despite the slight power drop, it is pretty much a direct upgrade to Aqua Tail, as it has perfect accuracy and a useful secondary effect. I don't think it should be used, as its competitive usage pretty much invalidates the desicion to allow Aqua Tail as its physical Water STAB.

boxofkangaroos

Okay everyone! All submitted movepools will be included in the slate because there are flavor differences that set each one apart from one another. Your options when voting will be:

Okamu
G-Luke
LucarioOfLegends
Deck Knight

The poll will be posted in just a minute.

boxofkangaroos

The poll has since ended, and Deck Knight had the winning movepool. Congratulations!

With that, Krilowatt's update is complete. Even though it was a Consistency Update, the additions of Scald, Volt Switch, and strong physical STABs definitely have some competitive implications. Krilowatt will now be able to pivot out of bulky Grass-types and other Pokemon that it is walled by, adding momentum to its team and suiting it well to Volt-Turn teams. Also, the addition of stronger physical STABs gives Krilowatt a possible second viable set, allowing it to be more diverse and unpredictable in battle. Most of all, with its new flavor moves and hidden ability, Krilowatt now looks more like a Gen 7 Pokemon!

Update summary:

+ Minus

+ Scald
+ Volt Switch
+ Aqua Tail
+ Wild Charge
+ Bulldoze
+ Confide
+ Electroweb
+ Entrainment
+ Iron Tail
+ Low Sweep
+ Magnetic Flux
+ Round
+ Snore
+ Speed Swap
+ Swagger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)