CAP Updates: Revenankh Discussion (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reluctant to step in heavily on any part of the process, but as we're now in purely flavor stages, I think it's safe to say we are finished discussing competitive and flavor abilities, and Revenankh's abilities will be Shed Skin / Triage / Air Lock (HA).

We can now move on to full movepool submissions. Please pay attention to KrazyCake's blacklist, which we may update as necessary.
You've heard the big man, Complete Movepool Submissions for Revenankh are up! Remember that these movepool submissions are flavour based, so please don't include any overly competetive moves that aren't on the whitelist.

Just so it's clear to everyone, the Blacklist (moves you can't add) includes Gunk Shot, Swords Dance, Recover (and its clones), Shadow Bone, Phantom Force, Stone Edge,

The Whitelist (moves you have to add) includes Shadow Claw, Will-o-Whisp,

Here are a few references before you get started: Revenankh's Current Movepool, Amorphous + Human-Like egg groups, Revenankh's Movepool Thread,

Submissions will be open for 2-3 days from now. I'll post a 24hr warning beforehand just so everyone has a heads up!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Final Submission

- Astonish
- Wrap
5 Arm Thrust
9 Sand Tomb
13 Rock Tomb
18 Mean Look
23 Glare
28 Grudge
34 Drain Punch
40 Shadow Punch
46 Moonlight
53 Hammer Arm
60 Power Whip
67 Wring Out

So I decided to overhaul Revenankh's level-up movepool as it looked really trashy. First off, I moved Arm Thrust to Level 5 as it felt really weird for Revenankh to not have a STAB move until level 18 while moving Sand Tomb to level 9 to showcase its "mummy-ness" still. Next, I added in Astonish as it serves no competitive merit and it was really odd to not see Revenankh learning a Ghost STAB move until Shadow Punch at Level 40. I moved Wring Out, which is normally learned by most Pokemon at higher levels, to be the last move Revenankh gets (fun fact Necrozma and Guzzlord learn Wring Out at level 67 too). I also moved Bide, Punishment, and Revenge to Egg moves as they felt a bit cleaner there and I liked the idea of them being bred rather than being learned.
TM01 Work Up
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM63 Embargo
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM85 Dream Eater
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM100 Confide

Added Will-O-Wisp and Shadow Claw since it is the required moves and Revenankh has easy access to both thanks to both being TMs. Also added Round and Confide since they are universal. Bulldoze fits the move-by-move guidelines and since Revenankh learns Earthquake, Bulldoze was added. Lastly, Work Up was added as most Fighting-types get it and it is totally outclassed by Bulk Up.
Bind
Drain Punch
Focus Punch

Helping Hand
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Pain Split
Spite
Superpower
Trick
Vacuum Wave

Drain Punch and Focus Punch are old TMs (while Drain Punch is also a part of its level-up movepool as well). Ominous Wind is a Generation 4 Tutor move, but it is an Egg Move as well. Bind was added as it falls under the same "category" as Wrap, which Revenankh already learns.
Bide (Medicham, Alakazam, Conkeldurr)
Counter (Hitmonchan)

Curse
Destiny Bond
Endure (Sawk, Throh)
Force Palm
Mach Punch
Memento
Nasty Plot
Ominous Wind
Punishment (Sableye)
Revenge (Toxicroak)

Shadow Sneak
Will-O-Wisp (Infernape, Jellicent, Chandelure)

The italicized moves, Bide, Revenge, Counter, and Punishment, are ones Revenankh already learned (Bide, Revenge, and Punishment were old level up moves while Counter is an old generation tutor move) while the only bolded move, Will-O-Wisp, is the new move that had to be included. Luckily it has quite a few sources to gain it from, so I figured this was a neat place to add it (despite it also being a TM move as well).
Captivate (Gen 4 TM78)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM83)
Power-Up Punch (Gen 6 TM98)
Secret Power (Gen 4 TM43)
Ancient Power (Generation 4 Tutor Only)
Counter (Generation 3 Tutor Only, now a new Egg Move)
Metronome (Generation 3 Tutor Only)
Mimic (Generation 3 Tutor Only)
Mud-Slap (Generation 4 Tutor Only)
Ominous Wind (Generation 4 Tutor Only, already an Egg Move)
Sucker Punch (Generation 4 Tutor Only)

Capitvate, Natural Gift, and Secret Power are all old TMs while I added in Power-Up Punch as most Fighting-types get access to this move and it shouldn't outclass Bulk Up as Revenankh appreciates the defensive boost from it as well. Counter, while being a new Egg Move, as well as Metronome and Mimic are all Generation 3 Tutor Moves. Ancient Power, Mud-Slap, Ominous Wind, and Sucker Punch are all Generation 4 Tutor Moves while Ominous Wind is also already an Egg Move.
Added Astonish to Level Up (Starting Level)
Added Drain Punch to Tutor Moves and Level Up (Level 34)
Added Will-O-Wisp to Egg Moves
Moved Endure to Egg Moves (Old Gen TM)
Moved Bide, Punishment, and Revenge from Level Up to Egg Moves
Moved Captivate from TM List to Transfer Only
Moved Natural Gift from TM List to Transfer Only
Moved Secret Power from TM List to Transfer Only
Moved Ancient Power From Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Moved Counter from Tutor Moves to Egg Moves
Moved Metronome from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Moved Mimic from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Moved Mud-Slap from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Moved Sucker Punch from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only

Last edited:
Final Submission

- Astonish
- Bide
- Wrap
5 Sand Tomb
9 Rock Tomb
14 Arm Thrust
19 Mean Look
23 Glare
28 Shadow Punch
32 Drain Punch
37 Moonlight
42 Revenge
46 Punishment
50 Hex
55 Hammer Arm
59 Power Whip
63 Wring Out
The levels have been somewhat regularized (Revenankh now leans a move every 4 or 5 levels); I therefore didn't bother marking every change. Some notable changes to achieve consistency with actual movepools work include moving Wring Out and Power Whip much later and Moonlight earlier. Overall, the new movepool follows a "storyline" of sorts composed of the following blocks, interspersed with miscellaneous moves:
- "Tomb" and trapping moves (Wrap, Sand Tomb, Rock Tomb)
- "Leering" moves (Mean Look, Glare)
- Punches (Shadow Punch, Drain Punch)
- Revenge-related moves (Revenge, Punishment, Hex)
- Strong attacking moves (Hammer Arm, Power Whip, Wring Out).
Assuming the starting level is 1, there is a 4-level gap between moves in the same group and a 5-level gap between different groups.

The only new additions are:
- Astonish as a way to give Revenankh an early Ghost STAB.
- Drain Punch as a level-up move instead of an old TM/tutor, to symbolize its heightened importance in Revenankh's new concept and to give easy access to it. (This has some precedent, consider Skuntank getting Sucker Punch in G7).
- Hex as a flavour addition for a Pokémon based on curses (Yamask also gets it, among others). It is the last of the three revenge-related moves (see above) to represent a subtler kind of revenge (first just physical, then spiritual).

Ancient Power (Slugma)
Counter (Hitmonchan)
Curse
Destiny Bond
Force Palm
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome (several transferred like Gengar and Alakazam)
Mimic (Mr. Mime)
Nasty Plot
Ominous Wind
Quick Guard (Hitmonchan)
Shadow Sneak
Sucker Punch (Spiritomb)

- Counter, Mimic and Metronome are inaccessible G3 tutors included in the original movepool. Among these, Counter is especially fitting.
- Sucker Punch and Ancient Power are non-returning G4 tutors which I feel fit Revenankh especially well and/or I feel could be useful.
- Quick Guard is commong among Fighting-types, while also being a nod to Revenankh's new priority niche, the conceptually helpful nature of Triage and a potential interpretation of Revenankh as a tomb guardian.

TM01 Work Up
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM47 Low Sweep
TM48 Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM63 Embargo
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Infestation
TM85 Dream Eater
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM100 Confide
- Round and Confide are universal.
- Will-O-Wisp and Shadow Claw are required.
- Smack Down can be conceptually related to Rock Tomb, and is very weak (50, like Rock Tomb and less than Rock Slide).
- Work Up is common among Fighting-types, and is mostly outclassed by Bulk Up due to Revenankh's low Special Attack.
- Low Sweep is common among Fighting-types with arms. Revenankh does not get Low Kick, but the two moves do not imply each other (as an example, Poliwrath and Breloom get Low Sweep but not Low Kick).
- Bulldoze is implied by Earthquake.
- Infestation fits with the other trapping moves Revenankh gets, and is common about haunting-related Ghosts (including Cofagrigus).

Captivate (G4 TM78)
Drain Punch (G4 TM60)
Endure (G4 TM58)
Focus Punch (G4 TM01)
Natural Gift (G4 TM83)
Power-Up Punch (G6 TM98)
Retaliate (G5/6 TM67)
Rock Smash (G5/XY TM 94 / ORAS HM06)
Secret Power (G4 TM43 / ORAS TM94)
Strength (HM04)
- Focus Punch and Drain Punch also return as ORAS tutors.
- Power-Up Punch is common among Fighting-types with arms, and should not overshadow Bulk Up.
- Retaliate is another revenge-related move.

Ancient Power (G4 only, also a new egg move)
Bind
Counter (G3 only)
Drain Punch
Focus Punch
Foul Play
Helping Hand
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Metronome (G3 only)
Mimic (G3 only)
Mud-Slap (G4 only)
Ominous Wind (G4 only, also an egg move)
Pain Split
Spite
Sucker Punch (G4 only, also a new egg move)
Superpower
Trick
Vacuum Wave (G4 only)
- The three removed tutors are G3, and therefore not actually available to Revenankh. They have been moves elsewhere.
- Drain Punch and Focus Punch are old TMs.
- Bind is implied by Wrap.
- Foul Play, while not immensely common among Ghosts, is related to Punishment and revenge-based moves (turning opponents' power against them).

------------

As an important question, are the old G3-exclusive tutors (Mimic, Counter, Metronome) compulsory despite never being actually compatible with Revenankh?

Last edited:
snake_rattler has won the poll for Revenankhs final movepool meaning Revenankhs Generation 7 Update is officially done, by ways of competitive boosts we gave Revenankh the ability Triage the moves Shadow Claw and Will-O-Whisp!

Snakey McSnakes submission:
Final Submission

- Wrap
- Bide
5 Sand Tomb
9 Wring Out Shadow Sneak
13 Rock Tomb Arm Thrust
18 Arm Thrust Mean Look
23 Mean Look Rock Tomb
26 Glare
29 Shadow Punch
33 Revenge
38 Power Whip Payback
44 Hammer Arm Drain Punch
48 Quick Guard

52 Punishment Power Whip
57 Hammer Arm

62 Moonlight
66 Wring Out
71 Punishment

New Movepool without edits:
- Wrap
- Bide
5 Sand Tomb
9 Shadow Sneak
13 Arm Thrust
18 Mean Look
23 Rock Tomb
26 Glare
29 Shadow Punch
33 Revenge
38 Payback
44 Drain Punch
48 Quick Guard
52 Power Whip
57 Hammer Arm
62 Moonlight
66 Wring Out
71 Punishment
Wring Out is odd as a Level 9 move. Yes, Revenankh is a mummy, but most Pokemon typically don't get it at Level 9 - usually it's in the 40s or 50s. Instead, I have included Shadow Sneak at Level 9, and moved Wring Out to Level 66. Rearranged Rock Tomb, Arm Thrust, and Mean Look to separate out the Fighting-type STABs more, the glaring moves more, and the "tomb" moves more. It's just so that they aren't all bunched up, and it also lets Revenankh have a non-attacking move earlier. Payback is a cool move that I feel like Revenankh should get, even if it's a Generation 4 move. Added it at Level 38, moved Power Whip to Level 52, and displaced Punishment all the way up to Level 71, after Wring Out. Added Drain Punch at Level 44, so Revenankh can have access to it this generation by level up without having to resort to transfer. The reason why I put it in Level Up instead of say, Egg Moves, is similar to how Lopunny gets High Jump Kick to abuse with Scrappy (in mega forme at least). Since it gets Triage, Revenankh should have its prime move with which to abuse it. Besides, I could see Revenankh draining the life force out of tomb raiders with those fists. Quick Guard is a cool move that I felt like Revenankh could learn - other slower Fighting-types like Scrafty and Machamp can learn it, so it's not too out there. I moved Hammer Arm up to Level 57 to close the awkward 10 level gap between Power Whip and Moonlight.

Removal Process
Ancient Power
Counter

Helping Hand
Ominous Wind
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Metronome
Mimic
Mud-Slap

Pain Split
Spite
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Trick
Vacuum Wave

Cleaner list with additions:
Bind
Drain Punch
Dual Chop
Focus Punch

Helping Hand
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Pain Split
Snore
Spite
Superpower
Trick
Ancient Power is transfer only. Counter (Gen 3 tutor anachronism) becomes an egg move. Metronome and Mimic become egg moves (more Gen 3 tutor problems) Mud-Slap is Transfer Only. Ominous Wind is already an egg move. Sucker Punch is a Gen 4 tutor move. Vacuum Wave is a Gen 4 Tutor move.

Bind is similar to Wrap, so I felt it fit on Revenankh. Drain Punch is a level up move and was learned in Gen 4 as TM60. Dual Chop is a common move to be learned by Fighting-types. Focus Punch is an old TM as well. Snore is universal.

Counter (Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Medicham, Sawk)
Curse
Destiny Bond
Force Palm
Hex (Gengar, Dusknoir, Mismagius, Cofagrious)
Mach Punch
Memento
Metronome (Machamp, other Gen 1 transfers)
Mimic (Mr. Mime)
Nasty Plot
Ominous Wind
Shadow Sneak
Moved Gen 3 Move Tutor moves here. Hex is a new Egg Move because many Ghost-types learn it, including our other mummy friend Cofagrious.

TM01 Work Up
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Façade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM59 Brutal Swing
TM61 Will-O-Wisp

TM63 Embargo
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM85 Dream Eater
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Swagger
TM100 Confide
Lots of TM changes. In short, most TMs have been moved to either Transfer Only or Move Tutor. Sleep Talk changed number, and Drain Punch was duplicated into Level Up.

Work Up is nearly universal on Fighting-types. Round is universal. I feel like mummies are pretty brutal to their victims when they awaken, and Revenankh is much more agile than Cofagrigus (the other mummy pokemon) to say the least, so I can see Brutal Swing. Will-O-Wisp and Shadow Claw are required by the update. Bulldoze has move-to-move correlation with Earthqauke. Confide is universal.

Ancient Power (Gen 4 Tutor Move)
Captivate (Gen 4 TM78)
Endure (Gen 4 TM58)
Headbutt (Gen 4 Move Tutor)
Mud-Slap (Gen 4 Tutor Move)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM83)
Power-Up Punch (Gen 6 TM98)
Retaliate (Gen 5 / Gen 6 TM67)
Rock Smash (Gen 4 / ORAS HM06, Gen 5 / XY TM94)
Secret Power (Gen 4 TM43 / ORAS TM94)
Smack Down (Gen 5 / Gen 6 TM23)
Strength (Gen 4 / Gen 5 / Gen 6 HM04)
Sucker Punch (Gen 4 Tutor Move)
Telekinesis (Gen 5 TM19)
Vacuum Wave (Gen 4 Tutor Move)
Retaliate and Power-Up Punch are consistent with Revenankh's Fighting-type. Smack Down is consistent with Rock Slide. Many levitating Ghost-types learn Telekinesis.

EDIT: Added Headbutt since Buzzer_Error reminded me that Revenankh was a DP CAP.

Ancient Power moved from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Arm Thrust moved from Level 18 to Level 13
Bind added to Tutor List
Brutal Swing added to TM List
Bulldoze added to TM List
Captivate moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Confide added to TM List
Counter moved from Tutor Moves to Egg Moves
Drain Punch moved from TM List and added to Tutor Moves and Level Up (Level 44)
Dual Chop added to Tutor Moves
Endure moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Focus Punch moved from TM List to Tutor Moves
Hammer Arm moved from Level 44 to Level 57
Hex added to Egg Moves
Mean Look moved from Level 23 to Level 18
Metronome moved from Tutor Moves to Egg Moves
Mimic moved from Tutor Moves to Egg Moves
Mud-Slap moved from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Natural Gift moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Ominous Wind removed from Tutor List, was already in Egg Moves
Payback added to Level 38
Power-Up Punch added to Transfer Only
Power Whip moved from Level 38 to Level 52
Punishment moved from Level 52 to Level 71
Quick Guard added to Level Up (Level 48)
Retaliate added to Transfer Only
Rock Smash moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Rock Tomb moved from Level 13 to Level 23
Round added to TM List
Secret Power moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Shadow Sneak duplicated from Egg Moves and added to Level Up (Level 9)
Strength moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Shadow Claw added to TM List
Sleep Talk moved from Gen 4 TM82 to Gen 6 TM88
Smack Down added to TM List
Snore added to Tutor List
Sucker Punch moved from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Telekinesis added to Transfer Only
Vacuum Wave moved from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Will-O-Wisp added to TM List
Work Up added to TM List
Wring Out moved from Level 9 to Level 66
Overall with this submission I tried to make Revenankh's level-up progression look cleaner and add appropriate moves wherever possible. I didn't go too crazy with new moves because there were lots of changes with old TMs and old Tutor moves.

Started working on this early since Revenankh has stalled out for far too long.

I'd like to thank everyone for their cooperation and patience as this hasn't been the smoothest ride, but thankfully we got there in the end!

Kitsunohs discussion will be up shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)