Community Create-A-Team: Forgotten Wonders (LC)

Which Pokemon should we base the CCAT around?

• Life Orb Eevee

Votes: 117 56.5%
  • Wynaut

Votes: 90 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go down that route we should vote on the BPer and the recipent at the same time. otherwise we might not have synengy.

BP recipents
SD>buizel
agility>totodile
good BPers
gligar

I agree that the obvious BP that we should use should be Gligar, being the best BPer in LC and we can choose if we want to pass an agility/rock polish or an SD(or both). For revenge killer/missy counter, my vote would have for scarfdour or scarfed gastly. Scarfers are great revengers in general and houndour is defintaley near the top the list for great scarfers. The missy counter part is self-explanatory, another option could be a scarf gastly which hits even harder and arguably has a better movepool. Also an obivous missy counter. Those are probably the best options to fill that particular role.

I agree that the obvious BP that we should use should be Gligar, being the best BPer in LC and we can choose if we want to pass an agility/rock polish or an SD(or both). For revenge killer/missy counter, my vote would have for scarfdour or scarfed gastly. Scarfers are great revengers in general and houndour is defintaley near the top the list for great scarfers. The missy counter part is self-explanatory, another option could be a scarf gastly which hits even harder and arguably has a better movepool. Also an obivous missy counter. Those are probably the best options to fill that particular role.
Munchlax is far superior for this team imo, especially if we are going to be using double Ice weaknesses for our set up Pokemon.

Porgon would make a great recipient of agility/RP as it would sweep entire team boltbeam has unresited type covredge with the exeption of chinchou that could be beaten by one of porgons other moves. If we use a scarfer it should be scarfdour. Its a perfect counter to the typical WOW/NP/shadow ball/hp fighting missy. and if it takes a WoW on the swich fire blast would rape.

Okay, so let's get this going.

So far we have:

Lead
Wynaut
Dratini
Gligar (BP)
Sweeper / recipient
Filler (hopefully Munchlax)

Who does everyone think the recipient should be? Something that needs the boosts, or something that can just use the boosts pretty well?

remember porygon is amazingly bulky. with 28 speed it outspeeds all +1 pokes or rather nothing outspeeds execept scarfed elekid (lol?) and if it gets a sp attack boost we have a 27 sp atk 28 speed monster say gg and move on.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
scarfed diglett also outspeeds and can do a good bit of damage before dying to revenge with, say, a vacuum wave from croagunk. also, anything that can use agility (i'm thinking krabby) also can outspeed if they reach 15 speed.

I want to stay away from Porygon and anything horribly weak to priority. Krabby sounds good right now, we can use a SD / RP Gligar and pass to an SD / Agility Krabby. The beauty of this is that it can function by itself (without Gligar) if all else fails. Plus it's water-type, which is great with Gligar.

I dont really see Krabby getting SD + Agility up, as well as survivng through tons of priority. I understand you can get one boost off, but any Fake Priority mon will beat Krabby once it sets up both of them.
Double Dance Gligar could work, but we need to eliminate opposing Phanpy first to prevent the near OHKO with Ice Shard

I still really think we should focus on one or two sweepers with remaining wall breakers.

I dont really see Krabby getting SD + Agility up, as well as survivng through tons of priority. I understand you can get one boost off, but any Fake Priority mon will beat Krabby once it sets up both of them.
Double Dance Gligar could work, but we need to eliminate opposing Phanpy first to prevent the near OHKO with Ice Shard

I still really think we should focus on one or two sweepers with remaining wall breakers.
It doesn't need to get an SD + Agility up, it just needs to sweep, and get an SD or Agility up by itself if something happens to Gligar.

Gligar will be passing to Krabby.

While I do agree that we should focus on one-two more sweepers instead of a BP chain, everyone else seems to like the idea of BP.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We can run agility on Gligar, and as something comes in to attack it with an ice move pass to Krabby. From there (assuming we run Oran Krabby and depending on the resulting damage) we have two options: attack or Swords Dance. either way, the opponant is likely losing someone important.

So I guess all that leaves is a lead. Snover could be a good option here becuase then Krabby wouldn't be able to be countered by sashers who hang on and then OHKO back. Just a thought.

I am still highly against the concept of BP

Why did we choose to go for a simple set up? Because it is exactly that- simple, yet it works. Baton Pass is completely against that- Its not easy for newbies to pull off in a metagame like Little Cup, and it has a high enough chacne to be foiled, at which point you are helpless as your strategy is foiled.

I personally think our team set up should be:

Taunt SR Lead: We do not want SR floating, due to perhaps obvious reasons

Wynaut: Wynaut is the best Wynaut available

Set Up Sweeper 1: Ideally, this should be the one that can work well both midgame and lategame. For this we need something that can take priority hits and not be forced out by damn near everything. Krabby could fit here I suppose, but it still needs to watch out for stuff like VWave, which hits it on its pathetic defense side

Set Up Sweeper 2: This one would be a better lategamer, like Dratini. I suppose Dratini fits this exactly, it can take a hit, ad then lategame it can even beat priority with its own X-Speed.

Revenge Killer- This can be either a priority revenge killer a la croagunk or a scarf revenge killer like Mankey or say Porygon (iono). Id prefer this to have U-Turn though, as scouting is always good when you have Wynaut in your team.

Filler- Now, this could either be another revenge killer, a general status spreader like Double Powder Paras, a tank like Munchlax, or our Missy check, Stunky (or ScarfDour if you wish).

I really discourage the use of BP, as it may seem all flashy and cool, but in reality its just better off left to the drawing board unfortunately :(

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Agreed with MGX. Guys, we are trying to make a competitive team, not a "fun" one.

I don't mind spending more time on this if we are getting good discussion on it.

It appears to be:

Lead
Wynaut
Dratini
Second Sweeper / Baton Passer
Revenge killer / BP Recipient
Glue

The question is, it is worth the risk to use a BPer and recipient over a stand-alone second sweeper and a revenge killer?

I'm leaning towards no, but lets here more opinions.

The only reason I advocate against BP really is the reliability factor. Its way easier to find an extra turn twice in a match to set up our two sweepers once each then to find all these turns to set up and pass succesfully while not dying.

ive been using this team to much sucess.
Meowth (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 236 Atk/76 Def/196 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hypnosis
- Return
Wynaut (M) @ Oran Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 236 HP/132 Def/132 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
Houndour (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 Spd/200 SAtk/40 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
Gligar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk/236 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
Mantyke (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 Def/200 Spd/200 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Ice Beam
Dratini (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 244 Atk/196 Spd/36 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Extremespeed
- Waterfall
- Outrage
more or less the team follows the same stratagy as the CCAT.
with
Lead meowth
Wynaut
Dratini
Second Sweeper mantyke
revenge killer gilgar
glue houdour
I really advocate what MGX is saying. BP is to slow. remember 1 turn is what one needs to setup a dratini/mantyke. 2 turns is what it takes to SD and BP that takes to long. besides wasting 2 pokes for 1 sweeper moveslot coveredge is useless. Remember what BP provides it allows a move to be placed on a sweeper that otherwise would go to statups. But it wastes a poke. so while BP can be useful (in cases like buizel w/o good setup moves) overall its a waste of a great pokemon like gligar who has much better roles in this case as a revenge killer.

While you're jumping really far ahead, I do agree that we should avoid Baton Pass. Baton Pass is pretty "hard" to pull off in the LC environment especially against a good LCer. It will see Gligar absorb a hit without much trouble and predict the switch quite easily. Once your BP fails, you really have a half-assed team. It's still capable of winning, but most of the time you'll be better off without BP. So let's start the "Second Sweeper" convo again.

I support:

SD Gligar
NP Missy
Agility Mantyke

I think being immune to Ground-type attacks is really important for this slot, since it's such a common attack.

Let's quickly decide this.

I would like to see us go with Baton Pass. It's not as hard as people make out and it's not like it's going to be a full-on BP chain. Isn't the point of this team to use forgotten pokemon and strategies rather than just slap together another Misdreavus/Gligar/Croagunk/Munchlax/Scarfer/Lead team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)