Mafia vs Village Dead Mafia II [Day 5]

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

DEAD MAFIA II

ACTIVITY
As a player of this game you are expected to be active on Discord and through PMs. This game is designed around allowing people to still impact the game after they die, so even if you are lynched Day 1 or killed Night 1 you can still play the game. Because of this, activity is incredibly important. If at any time there is a reason you need to sub out, please inform the hosts and we will do our best. A link to the Discord server can be found here.

THE VILLAGE
There is one Village in this game. They do not know each other, but are larger in number. Their Win Condition is “You win if all threats to The Village are Dead and at least one member of The Village is Alive at the end of the game.”

THE MAFIA
There is one Mafia in this game. They know each other from the beginning, but are lower in number. Their Win Condition is “You win if all threats to The Mafia are Dead and at least one member of The Mafia is Alive at the end of the game.”

NEUTRALS
There may be other factions or neutrals in this game. If so, they will have Win Conditions specifically designed for them.

ALTERNATE WIN CONDITIONS
There are several roles who have alternate win conditions. Instead of winning with their team, if they meet these conditions they will immediately leave the game a victor. It’s up to these people if they want to pursue their own win conditions or help out their teams.

ALIVE PLAYERS
At the beginning of the game, every player will receive a Role PM. As long as a player is Alive, they count towards their faction’s Win Condition and against the opposing faction’s. Alive players act as a typical player would in any game. A player who is Alive cannot communicate with a player who is Dead.

DEAD PLAYERS
Upon death, every player will receive a Death Role PM. The Role Name, Actions, and Win Condition from your previous Role PM no longer apply. For the remainder of the game, this Death Role PM will act as your Role PM. Dead players cannot be targeted by an Action unless otherwise stated. A player who is Dead cannot communicate with a player who is Alive. Nor can they post in the Game Thread.

GAME THREAD
The Game Thread is the central point for Dead Mafia II. All game updates will be posted in the Game Thread. It is the common ground between Alive and Dead players. While Dead players may not post in the Game Thread, they are allowed to read it. All voting during a Lynch will be done in the Game Thread. A player may not at any time edit or delete a post they made.

COMMUNICATION
This is an Outside Contact game, so players may discuss things outside of the Game Thread. Any Discord channels, sheets, or PMs count as communication. As such, a channel, sheet, or PM cannot have both Dead and Alive players in it. A player may paste things told to you by the host. A player may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM a host for assistance. Add hosts to all relevant PMs and Spreadsheets.

ROLE PMS/CLAIMING
You may not at any point during the game copy and paste your Role PM. You may not take screenshots. You may paraphrase your Role PM.

NIGHT PHASES
The deadline for every Night will be roughly 48 hours from the update. During the Night, players may submit their actions. You may only use one action a Night, which can be any of your unique actions or a Group action. Reply to your personal PM with your chosen targets. All actions must be in by deadline or they will be counted as idle. At the end of the Night, every player will receive any results they might have.

ABILITIES
There are 4 types of abilities in this game.
  1. Action [A] - An ability that you can choose use at Night. Actions can only be activated during the Night. Unless otherwise stated, Actions may only target Alive players.
  2. Passive [P] - An ability that automatically activates as long as any conditions are met.
  3. Vote Bonus [V] - An abilities that activates when you post a Lynch Vote on a player. Vote Bonuses can only be activated during the Day.
  4. Necronomicon Bonus [N:?] - An ability that can be any of the previous abilities, but is only available while you are holding the Necronomicon. These abilities add a number of Charges to the Necronomicon when activated.

DAY PHASES
The deadline for every Day will be roughly 48 hours from the update. During the day, each Alive player may choose to Lynch another player. To do this, a player must post Lynch PLAYER in bold in the Game Thread. If a player wishes to not have any player lynched during the Day, they may post NO LYNCH in bold in the Game Thread. If a player wishes to change their vote, they must post UNVOTE in bold in the Game Thread. They are now free to post another Lynch Vote. At the end of the Day, the player with the most votes will be killed. If two players are tied for most votes at the end of the day, it will count as a No Lynch situation and no player will be killed.

ITEMS
There are Items in this game, each with their own Passive abilities. All items start off in the Storehouse. During any Day Phase, you may pass an item you are currently holding to another player by responding to your Role PM with "Pass ITEM to PLAYER". A list of available items in this game and their Passive abilities can be found here.

GROUP ACTIONS
These are actions that are available to everyone on that faction. The cost is the number of members from that faction needed to use that action. As long as that number is met, as well as other conditions, the action will be used. A list of available Group Actions in this game, their costs (or Group Action Count), and their effects can be found here.

IMPERSONATION
A player may not, at any point, impersonate a host or another player.

GODKILLS
I am a benevolent God and will not godkill anyone in this game. That being said, don’t be a shit. Just follow the rules and have fun with the game.

Item and Group Actions found here.
Discord server can be found here.

ALIVE PLAYERS [04/23]
Blazade
Haruno
Thetwinmasters
UncleSam

DEAD PLAYERS [17/23]
Walrein - Shot N1 - The Bartender - The Village
Ullar - Lynched D1 - The Prostitute - The Mafia
pancake - Shot N2 - The Investigator - The Village
Aura Guardian - Lynched D2 - The Godfather - The Mafia
Former Hope- Shot N3 - The Sheriff- The Village
Granny Pie - Consumed N3 - The Vigilante- The Village

Martin - Lynched D3 - The Bodybuilder - The Mafia
apricity- Shot N4 - The Actor - The Village
Jalmont - Lynched D4 - The Cop - The Mafia
acidphoenix - Shot N5 - The Necromancer - The Village
zorbees - Stabbed N5 - The Conman - The Village
shubaka17 - Heart attack N5 - The Medium - The Village
KnightsofCydonia - Mobbed N5 - The Conspiracy Theorist - The Village
Paperblade - Consumed D5 - The Mayor - The Village
MoodyCloud - Lynched D5 - The Spiritual Advisor - The Village
Colonel M - Shot N5 - The Connoisseur - The Village
XnadrojX - Lynched D6 - The Detective - The Village

ALTERNATE WIN CON WINNERS [02/23]
Hitmonleet - Held the Holy Relic for 4 Nights N% - The Priest - The Village
Earlio - Stabbed N3, Got a kill with Feast of souls N5 - The Groundskeeper/The Gluttony - The Mafia

UPDATES
Night 1
Day 1
Night 2
Day 2
Night 3
Day 3
Night 4
Day 4
Night 5
Day 5
Night 6
Day 6

1. Always welcome

Last edited:

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It started off as a normal day in the Village, when suddenly a scream came howling from nearby. While there is a slight crime problem in the area, they've never been known to strike in the middle of the day. Everyone rushes to the library to find a lifeless corpse in front of the unsuspecting house.

You are the D&D Gamemaster.

[A] Plan a campaign
Nightly. No target.
This does nothing.

You are allied with the Village. You win if all threats to the Village are eliminated.
It's Ditto with a book in his cold dead hands.

Suddenly a torrent of dark energy surrounds the body and the book takes to the sky. The book opens its pages and Ditto's soul emerges, tainted and twisted.

This is my village now, peasants. I will plunge you all into my latest campaign. Your teams are as they are in life, but I will only let those who please me escape with their souls. Even if you die, I will force your souls to continuing playing! I'll even let you try to use the Necronomicon's power for yourself, if you dare.

He rips out a page of the book and throws it to the ground. It reads:
You have been corrupted by the Necronomicon.
You are now the Reaper.

[A] Soul exchange
Nightly. 2 targets.
Your first target will be kicked out of the game and replaced with your second target.

You are allied with the Game. You win if people don't bitch too much.
With that Ditto threw the Necronomicon to the ground and you all flee back to your homes, wondering how to face the coming challenges.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end 12/3 at 6pm Pacific.

Storehouse said:
Necronomicon
Holy Relic
Mirror
Candle
Talisman
Divining Rod
Contraband

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
nobody say publicly if you are picking up an item, this will just out you as a weak role and let the mafia target the stronger people more easily.

if you are villager and are going to pick up an item, flip a coin. if heads, pick up the necromicon. if tails, pick up something else. this way, odds dictate that someone will land on heads and go for the necromicon. imo, its almost guaranteed that the mafia will go for it, so i'd rather have the necromicon end up stuck in the store than in the hands of the mafia because nobody went for it.

Imao besides the necronomicon, unless you directly need an item, don't try to take it. It gets blocked if multiple people go for one item, so you're not going to benefit from it at all, you just screw over someone else

Alright town, mafia and neutrals alike, I will be leading this here town

I am the Sheriff, and like any good Sheriff, I have somewhere amongst y'all some associates, now when my associates and I come together, we have some unique group actions that only we can use that will help to flush out the scum in this here town.

My individual role is non existent and so my death is meaningless, as my crew will still safely have the numbers to keep on trekking. What this means, is that after your hesitations and affairs are sorted out, you best be claiming before the law comes after you.

Ditto

/me huggles
You wake, hoping that the previous Day was just a dream, but the air around the Village is still filled with a dark energy. As you begin to gather to discuss what you all can do, you find the body of another Villager.

You are the Bartender.

[A] A strong pour
Nightly. Single target.
Negate target’s action. This action will fail if targeting the same player consecutive nights.

[N:A] A round on the house
Nightly. Single target.
Negate all actions targeting you. Add 2 charges to the Necronomicon.

You are allied with the Village. You win if all threats to the Village are eliminated.
Walrein was shot.

Since I am a merciful god, I will smite down one person each day for you. But you must turn on each other to choose who.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end 12/5 at 6pm Pacific.

Storehouse said:
Necronomicon
Holy Relic
Mirror
Candle
Talisman
Divining Rod

Contraband

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
HEY NIBBAS

pubclaiming mafioso due to my suboptimal claim, and im on the lookout for neutrals. if you are a neutral looking to be put in contact with the mafia, hmu. i welcome joining walrein in the chorus of the departed. maybe then i can be a good Girlfriend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)