Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]
  • Nice bulky attacker that has really nice neutral coverage with its STABs
  • Access to Trick Room allows it to become a setter
  • Can tank most hits and set Trick Room
  • Steel Typing = trumps other dragons
  • Weak to many threats in the metagame, i.e. Xerneas, Groudon, Kangaskhan
  • His useful ability, Telepathy, can only be used if you run modest, meaning you either run Modest or you're forced to use that Pressure trash
  • I think I need more cons lol
[SET]
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
move 3: Flash Cannon / Iron Head
move 4: Protect / Flamethrower
item: Sitrus Berry / Mental Herb / Lum Berry / Adamant Orb
ability: Pressure
nature: Quiet
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Trick Room allows for slower Pokemon to go first, so if you have a team of slow Pokemon Dialga can give them the speed advantage.
  • Dragon Pulse is a decent STAB attack that provides neutral coverage against most things and super effective coverage vs other Dragons
  • Draco Meteor hits harder than Dragon Pulse but has that crappy Spatk drop, which forces you to switch out, not ideal for getting the most out of your TR turns
  • Flash Cannon deals with Fairies like unboosted Xerneas (you dont beat boosted Xern) or Clefairy
  • Iron Head 2hkos boosted Xern which is nice
  • Protect lets you scout out a threat or deal with a threat using your partner safely
  • Flamethrower provides coverage vs other steels

Set Details
========

• 252 Hp lets gives you as much bulk as possible
  • 252 SpA evs lets you hit as hard as possible
  • a Quiet nature with 0 spe ivs drops you speed as low as possible and grants an additional boost to your damage output
  • Sitrus berry increases your longevity by granting you some additional bulk and allowing you to take more attacks
  • Lum Berry keeps sleep from stopping your Trick Room, and also protects against some misc. statuses like burn, paralysis, freeze, and confusion
  • Mental Herb allows you to Trick Room in front of Taunt
  • Adamant Orb makes Flash Cannon an OHKO on unboosted 4/0 Xerneas

Usage Tips
========

• Set up TR and start doing damage
  • Just attack in front of Taunt
  • Works well both as a lead and in the endgame, so switch out asap if it becomes dead weight
  • Dialga has a lot of scenarios where it wins a 1v1 but only if it moves first, some of these scenarios being against Kangaskhan, Groudon, Kyogre, and Xerneas
  • tbc

Team Options
========

will get to this l8r

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

• Shuca and Chople can help suppress supereffective fighting and ground type attacks, but Sitrus is a lot more consistent
  • Earth Power can be used over Flamethrower as a way to do some additional damage to Pdon as well, but Dragon Pulse usually 2hkos anyways and Ferrothorn exists.
  • Gravity is a cool fourth move if you are running PBlade don as your second restricted, but thats kinda niche.
  • You can also run Telepathy, but you need a Modest nature in order to do so, which hinders Dialgas effectiveness as a Trick Roomer.
  • Sub lefties Dialga is kinda cool because Dialga has a ton of resists and can 1v1 things like Xerneas, Kyogre, and Groudon behind a sub, but that set is also really unreliable.
  • Icy Wind is a cool form of speed control, but it's not so much worth putting on your Primal
  • Thunder is a cool move for taking a chunk out of Kyogres
  • Assault Vest can be used to take more hits from mons like Kyogre or Xerneas so that you can potentially win the 1v1
  • Choice Specs and Life Orb give a really nice damage boost, although they are usually not as great as the Adamant Orb, which has no recoil and no sacrifice for using

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground Types**: Most grounds, notably Pdon and Lando-T, can 2hko Dialga easily

**Steel Types**: Steel types like Ferrothorn and Aegislash can wall Diagla's STABs and 1v1 it.

**Fairy Types** Pretty much only referring to Mawile and Xerneas, both usually 1v1 it unless in a very specific condition

i think i need more lol

Last edited:
(do i say 0 ivs in spe and 0 atk ivs?)
Just list the 0 Speed IVs on both the Set and in Set Details. Using minimum Attack IVs on a Special Attacker is considered common knowledge, so you don't need to bring it up.

Last edited:
When you mention 0 IVs on Atk, it would be a good idea to mention that it is only for the non-Iron Head variant. Otherwise it might confuse readers.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Definitely would slash Telepathy on the main set due to how commonly Landorus-T is paired up with Dialga. Modest also has the benefit on not being too reliant on TR to be useful. I would also say that the Steel STAB isn't a necessity, although Dialga has a good number of ways to choose its attacks so it can be difficult to get the right slashes without looking convoluted.

Thunder into OO is not bad if you just really want to make Kyogre miserable. Assault Vest/Life Orb/Specs/Thunder Wave/Icy Wind can also be mentioned here.

Definitely would slash Telepathy on the main set due to how commonly Landorus-T is paired up with Dialga. Modest also has the benefit on not being too reliant on TR to be useful. I would also say that the Steel STAB isn't a necessity, although Dialga has a good number of ways to choose its attacks so it can be difficult to get the right slashes without looking convoluted.

Thunder into OO is not bad if you just really want to make Kyogre miserable. Assault Vest/Life Orb/Specs/Thunder Wave/Icy Wind can also be mentioned here.
May I ask why anybody would ever use Assault Vest

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Main draw to Dialga is its typing imo, not Trick Room (although it certainly is very nice). It also has pretty good coverage by virtue of its insane offensive movepool, although it lacks the moveslots or even the stats to do so normally. Assault Vest Dialga can patch up its special bulk and still leave it with enough power to 2HKO Kyogre with Thunder, cementing its role as a Kyogre + things-not-named-Groudon-or-Xerneas check.

Y
Main draw to Dialga is its typing imo, not Trick Room (although it certainly is very nice). It also has pretty good coverage by virtue of its insane offensive movepool, although it lacks the moveslots or even the stats to do so normally. Assault Vest Dialga can patch up its special bulk and still leave it with enough power to 2HKO Kyogre with Thunder, cementing its role as a Kyogre + things-not-named-Groudon-or-Xerneas check.
Alright, added. It can also live a moonblast from Xerno right? I have never used a damage calc in my life
Edit: jk i can check myself lol

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
If this is still going to be completed, I suggest you include Metal burst in other options. I have seen some of those, and have used it myself. It can OHKO anything that threatens Dialga, like Groudon, boosted Xerneas. It is usually a one shot attack, that can take down their biggest threat. You can get more uses with Heal Pulse, though it makes your team a tad bit slower.

If this is still going to be completed, I suggest you include Metal burst in other options. I have seen some of those, and have used it myself. It can OHKO anything that threatens Dialga, like Groudon, boosted Xerneas. It is usually a one shot attack, that can take down their biggest threat. You can get more uses with Heal Pulse, though it makes your team a tad bit slower.
Nigga this was last edited in june and the seasons over in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)