Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Aura Guardian

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For the record I was not kidding when I said that the notion of playing out a game where the host fucks up orders on the second turn is completely farcical and I will not do it

If you guys wanna keep playing go for it but don't contact me about something that's integrity has already been irreversibly destroyed beyond repair

If you guys wanna keep playing go for it but don't contact me about something that's integrity has already been irreversibly destroyed beyond repair
Quitting damages your integrity as a player IMO. Your act of quitting is hurtful towards the other players and the host. Please don't take offense out of this but you should replace your gaming philosophy with a pragmatic approach instead of your current perfectionism. Would you do this if you were playing board games with friends IRL?

such drama

I'd like to keep playing. The dynamics of the game will change with Russia gone but I think that the game will still be enjoyable. It won't run according to Richard Sharp meta, but instead require flexibility from the players to adapt their strategy to the new situation. I agree that surprises are annoying and that a board without Russia imbalanced, but IMO it still very much has potential for diplo fun. Much more fun than giving up on the game, which would only leave a salty aftertaste for everyone.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No lol the host ruined this game twice over, it is finished. It is not a valid game any longer and I will not waste time on it. Replacing the host does not alter the fact that the game has been completely fucked twice by host interference in the very first year. That's completely ridiculous.

If the game had been going on for like ten years then ya I would play it out, but given that the host did this himself twice IN THE VERY FIRST YEAR I will not play in what is no longer valid.

I am still down to play with anyone who wants to play live diplo. I am becoming somewhat pessimistic about the likelihood of a forum Diplomacy game running properly to completion without significant host interference or rampant idling. That being said I'm still down to try in the future, just I will not finish a game that has been invalidated by a host mistake.

Myself, I would need at least a few weeks before I can take another 1901, the earlygame diplomacy is too intensive and time-consuming for me. I'd prefer keeping this alive.

Let's remember that Walrein never volunteered to a restart. I don't like that we're entertaining the idea of a restart without his consent on the issue.

For the record, I'd like to play this one out assuming UncleSam is the only on dropping out.

Actually, on consideration, the reveal of what Germany suggested to Turkey via said shenanigans is irreversible (unlike the actual moves or lack thereof) and contrary to the intrigue/secrecy premise of the game, so I've been considering following US.

Another point to consider is that we have three new-ish diplo players here: hitmonleet, blazade and hawkie. Dropping a game is very demotivating, and we haven't got to the tactically interesting phases yet. Dropping this game now decreases the chances of us getting a proper game going in the future.

Actually, on consideration, the reveal of what Germany suggested to Turkey via said shenanigans is irreversible (unlike the actual moves or lack thereof) and contrary to the intrigue/secrecy premise of the game, so I've been considering following US.
I don't understand this, could you elaborate?

The fact that someone suggested those moves outside of a player (who could be lying) choosing to reveal such is not something players other than the ones involved directly in that conversation is a solid reveal of things (such as intentions and attempts) that should not have been made public knowledge.

Another point to consider is that we have three new-ish diplo players here: hitmonleet, blazade and hawkie. Dropping a game is very demotivating, and we haven't got to the tactically interesting phases yet. Dropping this game now decreases the chances of us getting a proper game going in the future.
I can agree that the game gets progressively more interesting as the games goes on and moves become less clear cut. But at the same time since 3 people out of 7 are essentially not going to be playing it's not a proper diplomacy game and everything is unbalanced and thats not going to be fun for anyone.

The fact that someone suggested those moves outside of a player (who could be lying) choosing to reveal such is not something players other than the ones involved directly in that conversation is a solid reveal of things (such as intentions and attempts) that should not have been made public knowledge.
I still have no idea what you are talking about :/ What has been revealed to whom and when?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
as a temporary measure i'm extending deadline by 24 hours while we sort this shit out

Agape: I think he's saying that the reveal of the moves that were proposed to Hawkie by Germany is a breach of game integrity because that knowledge would otherwise never have been public.

Hawkie Hitmonleet Blazade please weigh in on your preferred option when possible; as new players, I want you guys to have a good Diplo experience even amidst all this chaos.

can we agree beforehand on all policies? extensions, nmrs, subbing, country trades/preferences, scoring, game abandonment, terms of victory upon game cancellation etc

imo we should use a scoring system like diplo tournaments use: for example the biannual diplomacy world tournament has a time cap for games and scores based on center amount (with huge bonus points for win)

this would make prematurely ended games more satisfying and motivate players to play (quitting would halve your points received or something)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)