Board Game Diplomacy - Any Way You Want It

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Because your actions can still influence the orders and fortunes of others and, believe it or not, it is still possible for you to win.

It's the same reason you're not allowed to surrender in mafia games that are not 1v1: the decisions you make, while perhaps impossible to win for yourself, can greatly impact the winning chances of those in the game.

Because your actions can still influence the orders and fortunes of others and, believe it or not, it is still possible for you to win.

It's the same reason you're not allowed to surrender in mafia games that are not 1v1: the decisions you make, while perhaps impossible to win for yourself, can greatly impact the winning chances of those in the game.
Ok and my action is to surrender/forfeit??? thats not a compelling argument as to why surrendering is worse then say, making moves that greatly helps out one faction and not another (eg kingmaking)

Yes it's possible for me to win just like it's possible to win in any situation that is seemingly insurmountable. Why does chess allow people to resign? After all any given position is "winnable" or at least drawable.

subbing someone in/forcing people to make moves from an obviously lost position is a waste of everyone's time

UncleSam

Leading this village
Well A. Actually it can be impossible to even draw in very rare circumstances in chess but those generally have to be set up in advance
B. For the same reason that not sending in a kill in mafia is looked down upon even if it is a clear kingmaker situation I would argue it is not a 'waste of everyone's time'. Sometimes you lose a game and have to keep submitting orders due to the fact you can still influence the outcome.
C. Again, I won't force you to submit orders. I never indicated I would. I would prefer to get a sub if you don't want to send in orders any longer however, simply because your orders could still have a massive impact on the game overall.
D. I do understand that being on 1 or 2 centers in Diplomacy is just about the most thankless task in any strategy game I can think of, and I certainly don't blame you for wanting to resign. I am merely stating why that would not be in the best interests of game integrity.

Da Letter El I guess you're up to submit zombie orders lol

UncleSam

Leading this village
Also Walrein I promise you resign is not allowed on any Diplomacy website I have ever played on for all the reasons I laid out above. It is not a valid action.

The one exception, as far as I know, is if all players outside of one unanimously resign (presumably due to an unstoppable and impending victory).

UncleSam

Leading this village
Uh well after all that Whydon didn't send in a build lol

Jalmont: Remove 1 (Options: A Yor, F Lon): Disband F Lon

Drawesome532: Build 2 (Location(s): 1 (Bul): Build A Bul

Whydon: Build 1 (Location(s): Con, Ank): Build ???

shubaka17: Build 1 (Location(s): Nwy, Stp): Build F Stp (NC)

acidphoenix : Build 1 (Location(s): Por, Tun): Build A Por

Whydon's build will be deferred a year. It is now Spring 1904. I'll give 72 hours - Midnight EST on Friday, September 15th.

Drawesome532 shubaka17 Da Letter El Blazade acidphoenix Hitmonleet Aura Guardian

UncleSam

Leading this village
Welp I don't have the heart to update with no orders from Blazade given I A. know he is traveling for work and thus has zero discord access and B. haven't pinged him as of yet for missing a cycle.

I will update tomorrow night with or without your orders however, Blazade, so please send them in before then. I know you can't get people to talk to you or w.e and I'm sorry but I can't just not update while people are traveling.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Sorry should've posted this ages ago

Spring 1904:
Jalmont / Da Letter El -
Yor -> Lon

Drawesome532 -
A Ser -> Tri
A Vie S A Ser -> Tri
A Bud S A Ser -> Tri
F Gre S F Aeg -> Ion (*Void*)
A Bul -> Ser
A Rum H

Whydon -
Idles

Blazade -
Hol -> Kie (*Bounce*)
Mun -> Kie (*Bounce*)
Bel S Bur -> Ruh
Bur -> Ruh
Hel -> Den
Nor -> Hel

Aura Guardian -
A Ruh -> Mun (*Bounce, Destroyed*)
A Mar -> Bur
A Ven -> Tyrolia

acidphoenix -
A Por -> Spa
F Bre -> Pic
F Tys -> Tun
F Adr -> Tri (*Bounce*)

shubaka17 -
F Stp (NC) -> Nwy
F NWG S F Den -> Nor
A Nwy -> Swe
A Mos -> Ukr (*Bounce*)
A War -> Ukr (*Bounce*)
F Den -> Nor

Hitmonleet -
F Iri -> Eng
F Lvp -> Wal
A Apu -> Nap

It is now Fall 1904. I'll give you all 96 hours to submit since I'm so late with this and because I am in Phoenix all of next week anyway. We will say 10 PM EST on Wednesday, September 27th.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Fall 1904:

Jalmont / DLE -
A Lon - Hold (*Dislodged*)

Drawesome532 -
A Tri - Trl
A vie s A Tri - Trl
A Ser - Tri
A Bud S A Ser - Tri
A rum - Bul (*Bounce*)
F gre - bul (*Bounce*)

Whydon -
Idles, F Ion Destroyed

Blazade -
F Hel - Support Hold F Den
F Den - Hold
A Holland Support Hold - A Belgium
A Belgium Hold
Ruh and Mun Support hold each other

Aura Guardian -
A Bur -> Par
A Trl ->Ven

Acidphoenix -
tun s adr - ion
Adr - Ion
pic - bre
Spa - gas

Shubaka17 -
A Edi-Yor
F Nwg-NAO
F Nth S F Wal-Lon
F Nwy-Ska
A Swe H
A Mos-Ukr (*Bounce*)
A War-Ukr (*Bounce*)

Hitmonleet -
F ENG S F Wal-Lon
F Wal-Lon
A Nap Hold

Builds:
DrAwesome: Build 1
Aura Guardian: Build 2
Shubaka: Remove 1
Hitmonleet: Build 1

Jalmont / DLE Eliminated. RIP.

shubaka17 Drawesome532 Aura Guardian Hitmonleet acidphoenix Blazade

Whydon if you wanna send in actions you're still in the game but you're officially idle now

Winter 1904 (5?) now. I'll update a week from today after my actuarial exam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)