Board Game Diplomacy: Third Time's A Charm - Game over! F/G/I/R Draw

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Hitmonleet - Austria:
A Budapest Supports A Galicia - Rumania (*Void*)
F Greece Supports A Serbia - Bulgaria
A Serbia - Bulgaria
F Trieste Hold
A Vienna Supports F Trieste (*Dislodged*)

Agape - England:
A Belgium - Burgundy
F English Channel Convoys A Denmark - Picardy
F London Supports F English Channel
F North Sea Convoys A Denmark - Picardy

UncleSam - France:
F Brest - English Channel (*Fails*)
A Marseilles - Burgundy (*Fails*)
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean Supports F Brest - English Channel
A Spain - Gascony

Drawesome532 - Germany:
A Berlin - Kiel
A Denmark - Picardy
F Holland - Belgium
F Kiel - Baltic Sea
A Munich Supports A Belgium - Burgundy

Hawkie - Italy:
F Naples - Apulia
F Tunis - Ionian Sea
A Tyrolia - Vienna
A Venice - Trieste (*Fails*)

Blazade - Russia:
A Galicia Supports A Tyrolia - Vienna
A Moscow Supports F Sevastopol
F Sevastopol Hold
F Sweden - Norway
A Warsaw - Ukraine

Myzozoa - Turkey:
A Armenia - Sevastopol (*Fails*)
F Black Sea Supports A Bulgaria - Rumania
A Bulgaria - Rumania
F Smyrna - Aegean Sea

Retreats needed:
Austria:
A Vienna

Summer 1902 ends 6/19 at 11:59 PM CDT, or whenever I receive Hitmonleet's retreat.

Ampharos

Hitmonleet - Austria:
A Bohemia - Vienna (*Fails*)
A Budapest Supports A Bohemia - Vienna (*Cut*)
A Bulgaria - Serbia
F Greece - Ionian Sea
F Trieste - Venice (*Fails*)

Agape - England:
A Burgundy - Paris
F English Channel - Irish Sea
F London Supports F Belgium - English Channel (*Void*)
F North Sea - Norway (*Fails*)

UncleSam - France:
F Brest Hold
A Gascony Supports A Picardy - Paris (*Void*)
A Marseilles - Burgundy (*Fails*)
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean - Portugal

Drawesome532 - Germany:
F Baltic Sea - Denmark
F Belgium Hold
A Kiel - Ruhr
A Munich - Burgundy
A Picardy Supports A Munich - Burgundy

Hawkie - Italy:
F Apulia - Adriatic Sea
F Ionian Sea - Greece (*Dislodged*)
A Venice - Trieste (*Fails*)
A Vienna Supports A Galicia - Budapest (*Cut*)

Blazade - Russia:
A Galicia - Budapest (*Fails*)
A Moscow Supports F Sevastopol
F Norway Hold
F Sevastopol Hold
A Ukraine - Rumania (*Fails*)

Myzozoa - Turkey:
F Aegean Sea Supports F Greece - Ionian Sea
A Armenia - Sevastopol (*Fails*)
F Black Sea Supports A Armenia - Sevastopol

A Rumania - Galicia (*Fails*)

Retreats needed:
Italy:
F Ionian Sea

Autumn 1902 ends 6/22 at 11:59 PM CDT.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No I will not it is fucking shameful how Agape tries to manipulate players who are new and don't know any better to fuck themselves over in order to help his position. It's cowardice.

There's a reason anyone who plays more than two games with him just tries to attack him whenever possible. He has zero honor and tries to just trick people who don't know any better.

There should be a rule that if you try to fuck with new players you get blacklisted from Diplo tbh like ya fuck with me all you want but lying to new players who don't know any better is bullshit.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It is not an 'aggressive play' to lie to Italy and Russia to try to get them to do terrible things for themselves when they are new to the game.

I agree that attacking me is aggressive and probably is not going to work out for him but that's fair play for sure, I have no problem with that from a philosophical perspective. It's a legitimate strategy.

What I object to is him trying to get new players to fuck each other over in order to buy himself time so he can destroy them later. He just lies to players who ask for objective advice and can't easily distinguish what is true or false. That's shameful.

I am not bitching I am straight calling out Agape for his shameful comportment. Frankly I would take you more seriously if you understood my complaint but you don't shubaka, you think this has to do with his moves against me which are not relevant to what in saying. So please, before commenting on my comportment, try to take a minute to understand, thank you.

I understand UncleSam's criticism towards me, but they are based on wrong assumptions.

I believe in all suggestions and guidance I give to new players. I challenge them to think for themselves while proposing multiple alternatives. I do not suggest orders that I would not consider myself in their position. It's like good moling in mafia: while you may be mafia in win condition, to mole well you have to think like village and simulate your villageness to a level you believe it yourself.

Sam might disagree with some of my suggested moves even still. I claim this is due to our different playstyle and understanding of what lines of thought and play are good.

That defense speech delivered, I proceed to my closing statements on this case:

There is no honor in Diplomacy. While I stand by what I said above ie. that I think I have not treated new players badly, I do firmly believe that exploiting newbies is a perfectly valid strategy. Victory is the only goal and it must be achieved through any means possible. Only the Diplomacy rules limit the means to achieve victory. Causing people to quit smogon or their diplomacy career or become permanently antagonistic versus me are acceptable casualities in the diplomat's way to victory. Weak people shouldn't play Diplomacy - and if they do, I welcome them as my stepping stones to greatness.

Machiavelli, Gengis Khan, Alexander the Great and Sun Tzu would approve.

I acknowledge that Sam keeps his word and is actually the only person in this game that hasn't said something to me and done the other. This is a genuine compliment that has scope outside the game as well.

...But in-game having honor is weakness. I suggest using it against Sam in this and future games!

I understand UncleSam's criticism towards me, but they are based on wrong assumptions.

I believe in all suggestions and guidance I give to new players. I challenge them to think for themselves while proposing multiple alternatives. I do not suggest orders that I would not consider myself in their position. It's like good moling in mafia: while you may be mafia in win condition, to mole well you have to think like village and simulate your villageness to a level you believe it yourself.

Sam might disagree with some of my suggested moves even still. I claim this is due to our different playstyle and understanding of what lines of thought and play are good.

That defense speech delivered, I proceed to my closing statements on this case:

There is no honor in Diplomacy. While I stand by what I said above ie. that I think I have not treated new players badly, I do firmly believe that exploiting newbies is a perfectly valid strategy. Victory is the only goal and it must be achieved through any means possible. Only the Diplomacy rules limit the means to achieve victory. Causing people to quit smogon or their diplomacy career or become permanently antagonistic versus me are acceptable casualities in the diplomat's way to victory. Weak people shouldn't play Diplomacy - and if they do, I welcome them as my stepping stones to greatness.

Machiavelli, Gengis Khan, Alexander the Great and Sun Tzu would approve.
I mean, to be fair, if you want objective advice, DON'T ASK SOMEONE WHO IS IN THE GAME AS WELL.

Ampharos

Hawkie retreats to Tunis.

Adjustments needed:
Austria - Disband 1
Germany - Build 1
Italy - Build 1
Russia - Build 1
Turkey - Build 1

Winter 1902 ends 6/23 at 11:59 PM CDT or whenever I have all builds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)